Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Adrián
      20 (19%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      15 (14.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (2.9%)
      Joel Matip
      39 (37.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      9 (8.6%)
       Fabinho
      7 (6.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (5.7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      6 (5.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Voting closed: Sep 26, 2019 06:24:23 pm

Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25991 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Sep 23, 2019 02:24:31 pm
      I feel confident Salah is still a reasonably good player for us.

I suppose on one level, you have to admire the tenacity in trying to stir up sh*t and negativity, and this constant drive to create narratives.

On every other level though, it's just cuntishness.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #392: Sep 23, 2019 02:48:47 pm
      Salah is allowed the odd day off. He can't cut teams to ribbons every week. I think Hendo didn't gel that well with him in the first half. Not a big problem. Rest him for MK Dons. Mane obviously will be rested.

Brewster,Ox,Shag,Lallana,Gomez,Lovren,Milner few others probably make up a side.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #393: Sep 23, 2019 04:37:15 pm

Trent, he scores goals!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #394: Sep 23, 2019 04:44:20 pm
      Absolutely made up with yesterdays result. Love the fact we're absolutely F***ing boss at the moment and the defence have got the offside trap nailed down to a fine art.

therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #395: Sep 24, 2019 07:59:21 am
      From the BBC Gossip page

Chelsea fans say the unfurling of a Eden Hazard banner before Sunday's game against Liverpool was a mistake as the club inadvertently gave supporters the wrong banner to display. (Standard)

Which tells us 2 things.
      1 the club are obviously a bunch of idiots and
      2 the fans are even more plastic than we thought if they have to have banners provided for them
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #396: Sep 24, 2019 02:47:59 pm
      the fans are even more plastic than we thought if they have to have banners provided for them

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #397: Sep 24, 2019 10:58:16 pm
      Quote from Harrisimo
      Salah is allowed the odd day off. He can't cut teams to ribbons every week.

Salah has gone to face Chelsea 3 times since he signed for us. He has been nothing short of awful on every occasion. He was so bad last year that he was subbed with 20 minutes to go, with us needing an equaliser. But how many people would start somebody else instead?

Delighted with the result, and that a potential disgraceful offside decision against us was overturned. That's what it's there for, and it won us an extra 2 points that before this season, we couldn't get. More about that later.

I'm not that bothered about the performance, we haven't played well at Chelsea for years. It's not about playing well there, it's about getting a result, and if we can win there, even better. The last half hour was a drag, but there were not too many scares. A couple of years ago, once one goal went in, the roof fell in. It doesn't happen now.

I see here that David Maddock listed off a couple of new records we've just set. All well and good. What he didn't list off was that he admitted on Press Box last month, that he doesn't want VAR to be used for offsides, as he can't accept the lines are straight. The lines are more straight than a wall, and you cannot score goals if you're on the wrong side of the line, period.

When we last went to Sheffield on the first day in 2006/07, there was uproar in the media because the ref gave us a penalty for their player attempting to foul Gerrard. Fowler scored and we got a 1-1 draw. A draw this time will not do, but a win gives us the chance to go 8 points clear before City play again. Even at this early stage, that will be a sizeable gap in our favour. A few more wins and maybe we won't have to worry about what City are doing.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #398: Sep 25, 2019 08:39:53 am
      Salah has gone to face Chelsea 3 times since he signed for us. He has been nothing short of awful on every occasion. He was so bad last year that he was subbed with 20 minutes to go, with us needing an equaliser. But how many people would start somebody else instead?

I'm not that bothered about the performance, we haven't played well at Chelsea for years. It's not about playing well there, it's about getting a result, and if we can win there, even better.

:f_doh:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #399: Sep 25, 2019 01:49:05 pm
      Gave my MOTM to Adrian.  If Mignolet had been in goal the last 6 games we wouldn't be on 18 points.

Same here, I have been toying with starting a topic whether Mignolet is better than Adrian, personally I don't think so, Adrian has in at very short notice to sit on the bench, and with in, what was it 30 mins or so, he's playing in Goal for the 6 times European Champions, to be honest, I was worried.

Not much better in the Super Cup Final, but now, for me he has made such an improvement, fair play to him & our coaching team.

As to the game, a few years ago we'd have lost that, we looked knackerd in the second half, but thankfully we fought and won, Chelsea have improved & look half decent, but because of the vile fan base, F**k 'em.

Played 6 and won 6. Can't ask more than that.

Quick Reply