Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v MK Dons?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      4 (5.5%)
      Ki-Jana Hoever
      3 (4.1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      4 (5.5%)
      James Milner
      31 (42.5%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.4%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (1.4%)
      Curtis Jones
      10 (13.7%)
      Harvey Elliott
      18 (24.7%)
      Rhian Brewster
      0 (0%)
      Herbie Kane
      0 (0%)
      Pedro Chirivella
      0 (0%)
      Sepp  van den Berg
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: Sep 29, 2019 09:35:45 pm

MK Dons 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17675 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Re: MK Dons 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #92: Sep 25, 2019 10:16:56 pm
      sh*t draw but least at home
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #93: Sep 25, 2019 10:18:56 pm
      Arsenal at Anfield, fucks sake.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #94: Sep 25, 2019 10:24:27 pm
      Shame about the draw, well played though
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #95: Sep 25, 2019 10:25:03 pm
      Draw could be better but it's home so it's our kids and ressies vs theirs. Our first kick their ass everytime so i'm sure we'll be fine :-)
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #96: Sep 25, 2019 10:35:19 pm
      Good win I'm delighted the kids took their chances and we through to next round so we can see more from all of them. :scarf:
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #97: Sep 25, 2019 10:42:54 pm
      Same lineup against Arsenal would be fine by me.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #98: Sep 25, 2019 10:57:09 pm
      Next up Arsenal. Wouldn't mind a similar mix, but swap out some of the seniors...
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #99: Sep 25, 2019 10:58:42 pm
      Decent enough performance tonight, same against the Arse please.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #100: Sep 25, 2019 10:59:02 pm
      Made it thro to the 4th round - woowho !!!
      Was impressed by Elliot, quick, sharp passing, hit woodwork twice, the pick of the kids imho.
      Dejan with a few ropey moments in the 1st half, but Gomez and Milner looked on their game.
      AOC did well enough, Lallana kept things moving - good chance for them to get some playing time.
      Rest of the kids did well too, passed it around well.
      Play em all again in the next round ...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #101: Sep 26, 2019 12:42:20 am
      Ay folks. Sleep well in the knowledge that if VVD gets injured then slipping in at LCB is our mate, Degsy.

Christ.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #102: Sep 26, 2019 12:43:22 am
      Watching the replay now. Seemed reasonably in control for most of the way.

Keita was rusty but you can see his quality. Here's to more of him going forward. Stay healthy Naby!

Elliott and Jones stood out among the kids. Oh and Kelleher totally got away with handling outside the area.

We get Arsenal and United play Chelsea. EFL rigging the draw?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #103: Sep 26, 2019 05:56:44 am
      Even our 3rd choice GK is a good one. A few years ago, we'd laugh off at this thought. :laugh:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #104: Sep 26, 2019 07:41:15 am
      Comfortable and routine win, don’t think we stepped out of 2nd gear. Kids impressed, well apart from Brewster; think this was a good chance for him but he was very rarely involved in anything, needs to improve his movement and use of the ball.

Lovren showed that even with a youthful side he will stick out like a sore thumb as the weak link. Lallana and Ox weren’t particularly good either.

Good to progress out of the 3rd round! Not bothered about having Arsenal next, just means it’s one less team from the top 6 that we have to face later on.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #105: Sep 26, 2019 09:32:26 am
      I have just watched the match and I was very impressed with young Elliott,with a bit of luck he could of had 3 goals.Well done to our young REDS and the old feller Jimmy Milner.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #106: Sep 26, 2019 09:33:03 am
      I was at the game, stood behind the goal and enjoyed it, I thought we were rock solid in defence in the first half, apart from the one slip up which gifted them a good chance, the ball flying over the bar and hitting some poor kid stood next to me. Joe Gomez in particular really impressed me, wow that lad is quick and mops up any potential danger. Other than that we seemed to have ok'ish movement up front without anything to special or wow.
      Second half I got a better look at our attack and there were some nice touches, especially from Harvey Elliott, but they all seemed a bit to tentative and nervous to really have a go at goal, perhaps a case of over coaching and over thinking the situation. It was worrying how many chances MK Dons were creating at the other end so I'm not sure what happened there between first and second half.
      The rest of the players were ok, Lallana played a good anchor role, Ox with a few nice touches same with Keita, I also thought our goalkeeper looked very good.

All in all I came away from it thinking we have some quite talented kids but no one really mind blowingly good, Brewster and Elliott were good in patches but I now see why Klopp doesn't play Brewster, he is no where near ready for first team football, nor is Elliott.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #107: Sep 26, 2019 09:59:00 am
      Brilliant win, over the moon for the young lads, and great seeing the guys getting back to full fitness who have been out with Injuries.

I really enjoyed watching Lallana playing the holding role.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #108: Sep 26, 2019 10:42:31 am
      Brilliant win, over the moon for the young lads, and great seeing the guys getting back to full fitness who have been out with Injuries.

I really enjoyed watching Lallana playing the holding role.

It was a comfortable competent win, although MK Dons could easily have drawn or beaten us given the chances they created 2nd half, I'm not exactly sure what was "brilliant" about it though?
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #109: Sep 26, 2019 10:58:34 am
      Brewster and Elliott were good in patches but I now see why Klopp doesn't play Brewster, he is no where near ready for first team football, nor is Elliott.
      Agree with Brewster, who was barely in the game, but Elliott was very good. 

Beat his man on several occasions, passed well, especially the sublime ball to Milner who missed a sitter of a header.  Got into goal-scoring positions and wan't afraid to shoot, even with his weaker foot, twice hitting the woodwork.

Strange conclusion!

Anyway, I though it was a decent performance given that most of those guys don't play together regularly.  Though Ox & Lallana struggled to impress.  Keita looked pretty fit and showed for the ball a lot, but took too many safe options when he could have tried running at the opposition, as others have alluded to.

Thought Jones was very tidy with the ball also; him and Elliott look to have a lot of potential.

Bring on the Gooners!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #110: Sep 26, 2019 01:05:24 pm

Beat his man on several occasions, passed well, especially the sublime ball to Milner who missed a sitter of a header.  Got into goal-scoring positions and wan't afraid to shoot, even with his weaker foot, twice hitting the woodwork.

Strange conclusion!

Anyway, I though it was a decent performance given that most of those guys don't play together regularly.  Though Ox & Lallana struggled to impress.  Keita looked pretty fit and showed for the ball a lot, but took too many safe options when he could have tried running at the opposition, as others have alluded to.

Thought Jones was very tidy with the ball also; him and Elliott look to have a lot of potential.

Bring on the Gooners!

Don't all these youngsters play in the U23's, I would have thought the interplay between them would be pretty slick but there was a lot of misplaced passes yesterday. I always feel that the second string team try to play to technical, emulating the first team but without the skills or understanding. I'm not sure if that is a directive form the coaches or they are trying to copy the big boys.
      BTW I have said that Elliott was the most impressive but I still don't think he's quite ready for first team football, a lot of potential though, an exciting player and next season I can really see him bursting through.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #111: Sep 26, 2019 01:24:29 pm
      It was a comfortable competent win, although MK Dons could easily have drawn or beaten us given the chances they created 2nd half, I'm not exactly sure what was "brilliant" about it though?

Yes, they did have chances, most teams at any level will create chances.

The brilliant part is the win, and the use of the squad, and blooding the younglings. ;-)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #112: Sep 26, 2019 01:26:12 pm

Strange conclusion!

Bring on the Gooners!

The ox was ok, got better 2nd half. Lallana was fab in the holding role. Nothing too fancy just did the job.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #113: Sep 26, 2019 01:35:34 pm
      Yes, they did have chances, most teams at any level will create chances.

The brilliant part is the win, and the use of the squad, and blooding the younglings. ;-)

ah ok, fair enough, I prefer to reserve words like brilliant for our home matches against Barcelona ;-)
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #114: Sep 26, 2019 01:47:32 pm
      ah ok, fair enough, I prefer to reserve words like brilliant for our home matches against Barcelona ;-)
      I don’t think you’ll be using that word very much in the future then.

Quick Reply