Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Leicester City (05/10/19 - 15:00)

Read 6655 times
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Leicester City (05/10/19 - 15:00)
      Reply #23: Oct 04, 2019 10:17:33 pm
      Still have faith in Gomez. He has the pace to keep up with the likes of Vardy. Fair enough he didn't do well in the Salzburg game but VVD wasn't great either.

Gomez can still be the future partner for VVD. Matip has done well and won't just stand aside for Gomez. Think we might see the Ox start or Nabby. Although the Boss might think our midfield with Hendo, Gini and Fabinho will keep it tight V Leicester.

Looking forward to a good contest.

2-0.

Gomez is what only 20 something, even VVD at that age wasn’t eating up strikers like he is now, patience my fellow reds, Gomez will be a super star defender.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #24: Oct 04, 2019 10:20:43 pm
      True it’s very early, probably being a bit harsh on the lad there and a good point on Matip, we’ve only seen his best once he had shaken off all the niggling injuries. I’d still consider Lovren though, Leicester away it’s perhaps not the best game to try and play yourself back into form

Thinking back to the league cup, surely the same goes for Lovren?

I'd rather have Gomez in there for his pace, but it's the same issue with rustiness I think for both of them.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #25: Oct 04, 2019 10:27:10 pm
      This is a must win for us,no messing around.If Leicester were to win (which they won't) imagine the media having a heyday.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26: Oct 04, 2019 10:33:39 pm
      Gomez is what only 20 something, even VVD at that age wasn’t eating up strikers like he is now, patience my fellow reds, Gomez will be a super star defender.

To clarify:I was speaking in support of Joe Gomez.I think he's class act and will improve.I would have no problem with him starting tomorrow and I think the Boss will start with Joe & Virgil. Joe will need to be on his toes as Vardy is a bit of a roadrunner coyote. Good contest in prospect.

Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #27: Oct 04, 2019 10:53:31 pm

Ofcourse he will, I don’t think anyone is casting doubts on his long term future. Very talented player with great physical traits. He’ll be fine.

Thinking back to the league cup, surely the same goes for Lovren?

I'd rather have Gomez in there for his pace, but it's the same issue with rustiness I think for both of them.

I agree, Lovren looked a bit shaky in the league cup also.

Be interesting to see who starts in midfield. I’d be tempted to play Ox and Milly with Gino. I think we need fresher legs and a bit more creativity in there for this one.
      « Last Edit: Oct 05, 2019 07:37:58 am by Scottbot »
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #28: Oct 04, 2019 11:26:08 pm
      To clarify:I was speaking in support of Joe Gomez.I think he's class act and will improve.I would have no problem with him starting tomorrow and I think the Boss will start with Joe & Virgil. Joe will need to be on his toes as Vardy is a bit of a roadrunner coyote. Good contest in prospect.

Yep, I know you were, just adding support for gomez, he wasn't his best on Wed, but has so much potential.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #29: Oct 05, 2019 12:19:59 am
      Leicester under Rodgers are a good side. Luckily for us, so are we under Klopp. Roll on the challenge. I expect goals...
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #30: Oct 05, 2019 12:27:48 am
      Both teams only conceded 5 goals. Could indicate defences dominating. Maddison is a player I like.Attacking midfielder, sees a pass and can score. 1 in 4/5 games. Bit of quality there. Get a better look at him.Back from injury so he might be on the bench but I think Rodgers might risk it.

The Boss has warned against Vardy's pace. Vardy's game is no surprise to anybody.Sits on the shoulder and waits..and then he's off..so we don't give the ball away cheaply and if we do..don't dive in otherwise he'll give you the slip.

As I said it should be a good contest.I'd be surprised if we batter them. Goal or two to the good.Get the 3 points. Move on

Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #31: Oct 05, 2019 01:29:53 am
      How the heck is this game not on uk tv?! Sky’s game? West Ham v palace?! Wtf!

Absolutely absurd still having to struggle around with streams and the like if you can’t get to the game in this day and age....
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #32: Oct 05, 2019 06:28:27 am
      NB: Team no longer available

I would play AOC because he has energy to play and has that urge to do well to gain his place back. Klopp may play Henderson instead of Wijnaldum.

I predict 2-1 win for us.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #33: Oct 05, 2019 07:51:08 am
      Please not hendo and milner together.  3-0 to the redmen
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34: Oct 05, 2019 08:33:49 am
      Please not hendo and milner together.  3-0 to the redmen

I agree, they are an awful midfield pairing, I'd go with either Fab, Hendo and Gini or perhaps play Keita or Ox instead of Gini.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #35: Oct 05, 2019 09:52:04 am
      Strange that the best game of the weekend by some distance doesn't make it on TV. Good for the supporters going though to get a Saturday 3pm kick off.

Need to find another level this afternoon, anything like Salzburg or Sheffield United and we get beat today.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #36: Oct 05, 2019 09:58:19 am
      Think Naby might get the nod for this
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #37: Oct 05, 2019 10:31:12 am
      Strange that the best game of the weekend by some distance doesn't make it on TV. Good for the supporters going though to get a Saturday 3pm kick off.

Need to find another level this afternoon, anything like Salzburg or Sheffield United and we get beat today.

Agree chats. After the last two questionable performances we need to re establish our quality and superiority today. A good crowd will help but we need to send a message to everyone that we are not on the decline !
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #38: Oct 05, 2019 10:35:24 am
      Agree chats. After the last two questionable performances we need to re establish our quality and superiority today. A good crowd will help but we need to send a message to everyone that we are not on the decline !

I’m not too worried about form. Let’s be honest we carved out some superb chances at Bramall Lane and took Red Bull to the cleaners in the first 30 mins.

There’s certainly complacency creeping in (which is natural) however the chances are coming thick and fast which is what it’s all about
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #39: Oct 05, 2019 11:21:50 am
      Tough game if we want to play end to end like we've had to at times in the last few games.

Be nice if we can play with control today and get the job done within that phase of play without having to play 4 forwards and risk losing it.

If we get ourselves ahead I'm looking to see if we have learnt lessons from midweek and how we will look to kill the game with the ball rather than switching off without it.

Our midfield is a strength usually, but I feel Ox and Keita are struggling since their injuries and as a result Klopp is reluctant to rotate too much in that area. I expect the midfield will be 3 from 4 of Hendo, Wijnaldum, Fab and Milner. Probably the first 3 again.
      « Last Edit: Oct 05, 2019 11:27:01 am by fields of anny rd »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #40: Oct 05, 2019 11:34:35 am
      Need to be back to our best today for probably our toughest test to date, old Brenners will want to get a result of sorts so will set up to spoil our wee party,
      I hope he's given a good reception from our fans, he got us so close you could taste it, and i for one will always respect him for that alone,
      Having said all that i hope we batter the f***in sh*t out of Vardy et al,

It'll be as tight as a nun's punani no doubt but if we can get on our game our quality will see us through,

Heart says 3-0, brain cell says 2-1.

YNWA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41: Oct 05, 2019 12:15:41 pm
      Ox and Keita are struggling since their injuries and as a result Klopp is reluctant to rotate too much in that area.

I agree with Ox but how is Keita struggling since injury? He’s played an hour in a rotated league cup game so far.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #42: Oct 05, 2019 12:52:05 pm
      I'm torn between 3-1 and 2-1 but we need that consistent play throughout the team today, to make either of those stick. we are devastating up top. Fluent and solid in the middle, and unbreakable at the back. Trouble is, of late, we don't seem to be all of these at the same time.
      We really do need to start well, as with Saltzburg. Then keep the concentration, keep pressing them, and don't relax.
      Think its almost nailed on Brendan will set them up on the bus parking and counter tactic. We now have the ability to break through in those games, but we gotta be sure we don't get caught by varies pace. Keep the mid field tight as a ducks arse and deny him any decent service, and we should be ok. Give them space in the middle and it will be immediate ball over the top.
      Hope our front three are on it again today, and our back four return to their imperious best.
      I am shitting it at the mo. Nervous as F**k, but a convincing win will say a lot about the rest of the season for us i think. Belief and confidence back, and a huge message to the rest.  COME ON YOU RED MEN !
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #43: Oct 05, 2019 12:53:23 pm
      Is there enough pressure on places. It's obviously a bit early to say there isn't enough competition for the front 6 but are any of the front 3 under any pressure for places. How confident are we to hand over to Ox & Nabby. Not saying the Boss hasn't full confidence in rotating any of the front 6.

Strength in depth - do we have enough to withstand the City challenge.

2-1..but not ruling out 1-1..
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #44: Oct 05, 2019 01:00:06 pm

I think Joe will get the nod, mainly for his pace today. He did have the jitters a bit on Wednesday but that can be expected first big game back. Hope he's more settled today as he is class when on form.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #45: Oct 05, 2019 01:48:46 pm
      Looking at opposition form, this should be our most difficult League game so far this season.

Think Vardy will relish going up against our defenders and I'd be surprised if, with our difficulty getting clean sheets, if he doesn't grab a goal.  I'd take any kind of win today.

How the heck is this game not on uk tv?! Sky’s game? West Ham v palace?! Wtf!

Was very surprised that this wasn't going to be one of the televised games.  If for nothing else the fact that Rodgers was returning to Anfield and all that.

Quick Reply