Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Adrián
      1 (0.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (2.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (0.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.8%)
      James Milner
      45 (39.8%)
       Fabinho
      5 (4.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      52 (46%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (0.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: Oct 09, 2019 04:54:05 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 40681 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Oct 05, 2019 11:50:49 pm
      He was already on a yellow. Also I think Adrian should be doing better with the shot to be honest.

Thought he might have. Yes I thought that it seemed  to go through him  a bit
      Harrisimo

• 8,171 posts | 1384 
      Reply #346: Oct 06, 2019 12:08:27 am
      Kin 2 weeks to wait before next game and against the Scum , gonna drag like F**k

And no cricket..only the bleedin' rugby and that does my crust in..
      Harrisimo

• 8,171 posts | 1384 
      Reply #347: Oct 06, 2019 12:10:58 am
      Thought he might have. Yes I thought that it seemed  to go through him  a bit

Came thru Lovrens legs..low driven shot.I'm not pinning it on the Ad man.He's done a cracking job since coming in.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #348: Oct 06, 2019 12:24:55 am
      And no cricket..only the bleedin' rugby and that does my crust in..

India v south africa on sky channel 717 and next weekend sky have t20 world cup qualifiers. Lfctv havr brazil v senegal live during the week and next Saturday lfc v rangers legends live
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #349: Oct 06, 2019 12:31:23 am
      Came thru Lovrens legs..low driven shot.I'm not pinning it on the Ad man.He's done a cracking job since coming in.

Did it ? Was at the match couldn't tell that from my view havent seen highlights yet
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #350: Oct 06, 2019 01:03:36 am

Actually thought Virgil was caught flat footed and didn’t deal with it well. It happens, but yea if Fab hadn’t been on a yellow he breaks that up and it never gets that far.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #351: Oct 06, 2019 01:19:58 am
      The lads pressed the sh*t out of Leicester for 70 minutes and completely dominated.
      Then fatigue set it
      Why Klopp is waiting so long to substitute is puzzling
      Mane's game just keeps getting better. Defenders respect his speed so much they are giving him wads of space to carve them up. Ronaldo Light as of now
      Lovren was great today.....a pleasant surprise
      The lack of offensive ambition from the mids continues. I'd be happy for an occasional assist

The Big 6 is a figment......Please please please let the Floundering Four (Tot, Ars, ManU, Chelsea) finish fifth or worse.
      I want to rubberneck their demolitions all year.
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #352: Oct 06, 2019 01:49:33 am
      Just woke up after my few hours of kip, so ducking happy!

What a way to win a game. We can be pissed off but teams that win things win these games. I’ve spent most of my life watching Liverpool lose these games and now, for the first time since ‘97, I feel like we can win anything.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #353: Oct 06, 2019 03:36:45 am

Was unlucky with the goal, pulled off a brilliant save in the first half, although offside was given was still a cracking save. Done a boss job covering for Alisson. And we're still unbeaten. Masterstroke of a signing!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #354: Oct 06, 2019 03:43:09 am
      Hard game yesterday, that will probably be a tougher game than we get at Snake Mountain in two weeks.

Fabinho would be my motm, the absolute work he gets through in that midfield when we have to battle is immense.

Sadio took his goal well and did well for the pen, quick reaction to go for the ball after it bounced off Schmiechel. Milner cool as F**k taking the pen.

Can understand the hype around Maddison, definitely a good player and everything Leicester did well went through him.

Roll on the manc tw*ts!!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #355: Oct 06, 2019 05:23:40 am
      The lads pressed the sh*t out of Leicester for 70 minutes and completely dominated.
      Then fatigue set it
      Mane's game just keeps getting better. Defenders respect his speed so much they are giving him wads of space to carve them up. Ronaldo Light as of now
      The lack of offensive ambition from the mids continues. I'd be happy for an occasional assist

The Big 6 is a figment......Please please please let the Floundering Four (Tot, Ars, ManU, Chelsea) finish fifth or worse.

You mean like Milners assist today?
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #356: Oct 06, 2019 06:50:30 am
      Then fatigue set it

Regards the midfield 3 I would agree (despite an excellent assist from Milner). Our attacking play in the league of late has dropped off a touch and we have rode our luck a little bit to get out with the wins in the last 2 games. I'd really like to see Keita eased back into the mix after the international break, the fact he can run with the ball and commit defenders is something we don't have at the moment. It's great that the lads are finding a way to win, it's a true sign of a potential champion but had a couple of breaks gone against us in the last 2 games we could just as easily been looking at 1 point instead of 6. I think Klopp will begin to use the squad a little more once we get past this international break. It's been an incredible start and it will be interesting to see if City can live with the pressure of having to win every game to keep up. Am loving the mental strength of the team, it feels like they are still in the middle of last year's run-in.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #357: Oct 06, 2019 07:24:11 am
      Can understand the hype around Maddison, definitely a good player and everything Leicester did well went through him.

He'd be one I'd break the bank for next summer.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #358: Oct 06, 2019 08:03:03 am
      Brilliant win and three points. No matter how we win, it's always a win and these are very vital for our confidence because we will fight till the end.

MOTM is Milner for the pass for our 1st goal and calmness for the penalty. Fabinho was excellent like our full-backs.

Virgil needs to improve (he played well but should have done better for their goal), no one is immune for not saying who's fault was it for their goal.
      RedKop114
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #359: Oct 06, 2019 08:23:35 am
      A deserved win as Leicester shoot themselves in the foot with giving away a late penalty.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #360: Oct 06, 2019 09:27:41 am
      https://twitter.com/jackcook95/status/1180736338557095937?s=21

You can see a cheeky nudge by Robertson to kick it off. Love it
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #361: Oct 06, 2019 09:34:43 am

I love Lallana's reaction, he would have killed him if VVD did not hold Adam. Haha, bitter blues and all blues are :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #362: Oct 06, 2019 09:42:03 am
      It’s really annoying me, yes the force is not enough to sweep Mane off his feet but f**k me, he f**king kicks the back of his leg - it’s a f**king penalty, end of. ‘It’s a contact sport’ well bollocks to that, if that challenge was anywhere else on the pitch the ref calls it 100%. As someone mentioned above, that kick stopped Mane laying it off. I do think Mane’s reaction is slightly late but these days you have to react otherwise the ref won’t call it! It’s a f**king foul and that’s that.

Slighty late?? It was more like a scene from Voyage to the bottom of the sea  ;D "Dive Dive Dive"  :lmao: He milked it mate, yes there was contact but was minimal 
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #363: Oct 06, 2019 09:50:51 am
      Brilliant win again, we played well, on another day we could have been 3 or 4 up.

Milner again, to class.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 514 
      Reply #364: Oct 06, 2019 09:54:27 am
      Leicester got what they deserved, fcuk all.
      Just watched the match back, and how we didn't win by a bigger margin I don't know.
      Chowdrie or what ever his name is, is a dirty barstweward and should have been sent off.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #365: Oct 06, 2019 09:56:11 am
      Slighty late?? It was more like a scene from Voyage to the bottom of the sea  ;D "Dive Dive Dive"  :lmao: He milked it mate, yes there was contact but was minimal 

I don't think it was a dive, as there was clear contact, but yes he did milk it, but why not, every other f**ker does it and until the authorities stamp it out we might as well join in, yesterday it got us the win although if Mane had passed to Lallana then there was a good chance of him scoring anyway.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #366: Oct 06, 2019 09:56:38 am
      He'd be one I'd break the bank for next summer.

Me too
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #367: Oct 06, 2019 10:03:21 am

How many have you had where contact was minimal and was milked . Can think of at least two Rashford and Pogba sure they were milked ?

Quick Reply