Trending Topics

Next match: Genk v LFC [Champions League] Wed 23rd Oct @ 8:00 pm
      Luminus Arena

Today is the 20th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W8 D8 L9

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Adrián
      1 (0.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (2.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (0.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.8%)
      James Milner
      45 (39.8%)
       Fabinho
      5 (4.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      52 (46%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (0.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Voting closed: Oct 09, 2019 04:54:05 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 4018 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,193 posts | 3687 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #400: Oct 06, 2019 04:27:06 pm

I think it's the realisation they're the fourth best team in the country at the minute
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,564 posts | 645 
      Reply #401: Oct 06, 2019 04:45:19 pm
      Lectures from mancs about diving, oh the f**king irony!!

Lectures! Irony! Just the truth  :lmao:
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,420 posts | 2052 
      Reply #402: Oct 06, 2019 05:32:03 pm
      Slight contradiction there heimdall  :D I do agree contact though, bit like when a pigeon flys past you and catches you with its wings  :lmao: I'd of done same thing in Mane shoes, he milked it (( like you state ))  which is same as diving  :)

No no no, milking a contact is not the same as a dive Keith unless you consider that almost all players dive.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,854 posts | 5161 
      • YNWA
      Reply #403: Oct 06, 2019 05:44:39 pm
      Jürgen mentioned it in the post match press but he said yesterday was the best defensive display against Vardy all season. For those who saw the match did he have much success, if any (bar that chance that Adrian saved which was allegedly offside?)

Defensively a lot of us have questioned our standard in comparison to last season. But look at the table and we've conceded the least amount of goals and played systems in recent weeks that have completely shut out form men like Vardy and Abraham.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,564 posts | 645 
      Reply #404: Oct 06, 2019 05:53:53 pm
      No no no, milking a contact is not the same as a dive Keith unless you consider that almost all players dive.

;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,193 posts | 3687 
      Reply #405: Oct 06, 2019 06:16:16 pm

Seen you lot win enough soft pens like that over the years, so I'm not f**king arsed one bit. If I were you I'd worry about your own sh*te and the embarrassing depths Ole is plummeting.
      LondonRed83
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,786 posts | 1412 
      Reply #406: Oct 06, 2019 08:01:50 pm
      Jürgen mentioned it in the post match press but he said yesterday was the best defensive display against Vardy all season. For those who saw the match did he have much success, if any (bar that chance that Adrian saved which was allegedly offside?)

Defensively a lot of us have questioned our standard in comparison to last season. But look at the table and we've conceded the least amount of goals and played systems in recent weeks that have completely shut out form men like Vardy and Abraham.

Vardy hardly had a sniff mate, Liverpool were solid all game and to be fair Maddison took his goal well (Adrian could have done better for me)
      GERNS

• 7,403 posts | 522 
      Reply #407: Oct 06, 2019 11:22:52 pm
      Whatch the defenders reaction when Mane goes down. He knows what he’s done and he’s not suggesting there was a dive.
      It’s only the media and of course Rogers who think there’s an issue there.
      Total wankers.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,784 posts | 3370 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #408: Oct 06, 2019 11:55:04 pm
      Firstly GET THE FUCK INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNN

Secondly ...f**k you Keith and your mates Alan Shearer and Brendan Rogers...penalty all day, every f**king day....you get kicked in the leg in the penalty area, it's a f**king penalty!!!! Can't understand this sh*t that it was soft.  What the actual f**k??

Back to the game...we controlled them for most of it and I have to be honest, wasn't even worried when they equalized...I said we got this ....please God,  please God...give us a penalty in stoppage time. I also preyed to Mum as it was her Birthday that same time and they must have been watching together because my Prayers were answered.  :angel: :angel: :angel:

On to those dirty, cheating, fouling cu*ts.....couldn't keep up with our lads, constantly fouling us and that c**t with the big boof head hacking down Mo like that should have been straight Red carded. WTF is Brendan talking about that it wasn't malicious!!!

Back to the important stuff...our lads just never say die...loving the attitude...James and Sadio were brilliant. Gave my MOTM to James for his brilliant left footed assist and then putting that pen away cool as a f**king Cucumber!!!

Oh yeah...lovely to see Jürgen with his 3 fist pumps at the end. Still gets me fired up!!! I punch with him.  ;D ;D ;D

30 to go !!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,564 posts | 645 
      Reply #409: Oct 07, 2019 12:58:27 am

Secondly ...f**k you Keith and your mates Alan Shearer and Brendan Rogers...penalty all day, every f**king day....you get kicked in the leg in the penalty area, it's a f**king penalty!!!! Can't understand this sh*t that it was soft.  What the actual f**k??

Did I say it wasn't a penalty??
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,784 posts | 3370 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #410: Oct 07, 2019 01:02:42 am

I'm pretty sure your were saying it was like you....soft!!!   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,124 posts | 271 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #411: Oct 07, 2019 11:19:12 am

Back to the game...we controlled them for most of it and I have to be honest, wasn't even worried when they equalized...I said we got this ....please God,  please God...give us a penalty in stoppage time. I also preyed to Mum as it was her Birthday that same time and they must have been watching together because my Prayers were answered.  :angel: :angel: :angel:

On to those dirty, cheating, fouling cu*ts.....couldn't keep up with our lads, constantly fouling us and that c**t with the big boof head hacking down Mo like that should have been straight Red carded. WTF is Brendan talking about that it wasn't malicious!!!

Back to the important stuff...our lads just never say die...loving the attitude...James and Sadio were brilliant. Gave my MOTM to James for his brilliant left footed assist and then putting that pen away cool as a f**king Cucumber!!!

Oh yeah...lovely to see Jürgen with his 3 fist pumps at the end. Still gets me fired up!!! I punch with him.  ;D ;D ;D

30 to go !!!!

I cant believe all the folk saying no penalty, its was 100% penalty, kicked in back of leg as he was about to pass to lallana.

The most impartial pundit on TV is Kammy on goals on sunday. his analysis is brilliant.

And chandrah or whatever his name is, was a shocking tackle from behind, could have been a red easy. Nowhere near the ball, and feet off the ground.

Great win.
      Scottbot

• 7,813 posts | 1338 
      Reply #412: Oct 07, 2019 01:58:00 pm
      I thought the pen was a bit soft but who cares! We had a soft one given against us in Napoli a couple of weeks back. Swings and roundabouts plus I always think the win is that little bit sweeter if the opposition is feeling hard done by.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,104 posts | 415 
      Reply #413: Oct 07, 2019 02:14:28 pm
      I thought the pen was a bit soft but who cares! We had a soft one given against us in Napoli a couple of weeks back. Swings and roundabouts plus I always think the win is that little bit sweeter if the opposition is feeling hard done by.

In a nutshell mate. We can look at it through LFC lens and call it a pen because there was contact and VAR judged there was sufficient contact to affect Mane's progress.

If it was against us we would say there wasn't enough contact and the ref was conned.

We can be biased but what pisses us off it the bias is shown by Shearer & Co. When Kane dives.."He's entitled to go down etc". The inconsistency and bias is annoying.I wouldn't put any other conotation on it than that.
      Scottbot

• 7,813 posts | 1338 
      Reply #414: Oct 07, 2019 03:21:46 pm
      In a nutshell mate. We can look at it through LFC lens and call it a pen because there was contact and VAR judged there was sufficient contact to affect Mane's progress.

If it was against us we would say there wasn't enough contact and the ref was conned.

We can be biased but what pisses us off it the bias is shown by Shearer & Co. When Kane dives.."He's entitled to go down etc". The inconsistency and bias is annoying.I wouldn't put any other conotation on it than that.

I quite enjoy the bias! Nothing better than seeing that grumpy feck Shearer and co getting annoyed when things go our way!

If only punditry focussed more on the tactics and goings on in the game and less on officials decisions. I find the discussion (whether on bbc or sky) completely fookin pointless.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,032 posts | 897 
      Reply #415: Oct 07, 2019 03:24:32 pm

"We really learned how to kick lumps out of people.

Well done to us."
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,032 posts | 897 
      Reply #416: Oct 07, 2019 03:33:25 pm

I think Lovren, who I was nervous as hell abut when I saw him listed in the Xi, deserves much of the credit for this. Where teams go wrong with Vardy I think is letting him run onto them. Lovren definitely is willing to come well out and challenge before a move really gets started. Now, he's totally gotten that wrong at times in the past few years (Spurs, United) but Saturday he just about got it all right and deserves credit for his aggressiveness and being bold enough to play that way against someone with the pace to blow past him. It was a good tactical plan overall for sure, and I thought a top performance from the midfield three (can't forget Sadio's Herculean effort in tracking back, also).

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,365 posts | 1977 
      • From Doubters to Believers
      Reply #417: Oct 07, 2019 03:44:16 pm

Truth is Keith baby your f***in lot are sh*te, and i maybe wrong here but deep down you must be in f***in agony having to watch that sh*te week in week out,
      Good Ol Ole took on the poisonous chalice from that f***in Leech Moaney bollocks Mourinho and your going f***in backwards,

The only ones diving mate are your lot, diving into oblivion,  and you know what mate, you've sunk that far down there ain't a top class manager worth his old salty ball juice will want to take that job on, anywhere, 
      Oh how the mighty have fallen, I bet you can't wait to face us after the Int break, We certainly are, suck it up buttercup, your lot are fu**ed, now ain't that the truth, with or without the red tints.

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,564 posts | 645 
      Reply #418: Oct 07, 2019 04:32:06 pm

Truth is Keith baby your f***in lot are sh*te, and i maybe wrong here but deep down you must be in f***in agony having to watch that sh*te week in week out,
      Good Ol Ole took on the poisonous chalice from that f***in Leech Moaney bollocks Mourinho and your going f***in backwards,

The only ones diving mate are your lot, diving into oblivion,  and you know what mate, you've sunk that far down there ain't a top class manager worth his old salty ball juice will want to take that job on, anywhere, 
      Oh how the mighty have fallen, I bet you can't wait to face us after the Int break, We certainly are, suck it up buttercup, your lot are fu**ed, now ain't that the truth, with or without the red tints.

YNWA

Billy you know I don't wear rose tinted glasses mate. Course I'm hurting and talking football isn't easy at moment for the reasons you point out which I agree entirely.

Dreading the Liverpool game even though our record against you exceptional good over the last 4/5 years. There's definitely no hiding places when you lads come to Old Trafford this year. You and your fans deserve to take the p!ss out of us as if rolls were reversed I would do the same with my fellow Scouse mates.

It's a great time to be a Liverpool fan and I for one can't knock how well their playing. As a manc I can only hope/pray the wheels fall off but very much doubt it. I'm in for some stick when I see my Scouse poker mates tomorrow  ;D

I've already told them if/when you win league I'm blocking them all for 3 months  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Oct 07, 2019 05:22:27 pm by Keith Singleton »
      Scottbot

• 7,813 posts | 1338 
      Reply #419: Oct 07, 2019 05:08:43 pm
      I think Lovren, who I was nervous as hell abut when I saw him listed in the Xi, deserves much of the credit for this. Where teams go wrong with Vardy I think is letting him run onto them. Lovren definitely is willing to come well out and challenge before a move really gets started. Now, he's totally gotten that wrong at times in the past few years (Spurs, United) but Saturday he just about got it all right and deserves credit for his aggressiveness and being bold enough to play that way against someone with the pace to blow past him. It was a good tactical plan overall for sure, and I thought a top performance from the midfield three (can't forget Sadio's Herculean effort in tracking back, also).

Lovren is also pretty full blooded when the ball is in the air, even when he is off form you always get that from him where as youing Gomez is less aggressive in the air. I was hoping for Lovren ahead of Gomez for this one but am sure Matip will be back in for the game at toilet.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,365 posts | 1977 
      • From Doubters to Believers
      Reply #420: Oct 07, 2019 07:17:40 pm
      Billy you know I don't wear rose tinted glasses mate. Course I'm hurting and talking football isn't easy at moment for the reasons you point out which I agree entirely.

Dreading the Liverpool game even though our record against you exceptional good over the last 4/5 years. There's definitely no hiding places when you lads come to Old Trafford this year. You and your fans deserve to take the p!ss out of us as if rolls were reversed I would do the same with my fellow Scouse mates.

It's a great time to be a Liverpool fan and I for one can't knock how well their playing. As a manc I can only hope/pray the wheels fall off but very much doubt it. I'm in for some stick when I see my Scouse poker mates tomorrow  ;D

I've already told them if/when you win league I'm blocking them all for 3 months  :lmao:

Very Honourable of you Keith, fair play to you, you are of course correct regarding the ribbing of respective fans, We had it for years from Manc fans but also from the pro Manc media too, still there to a extent although it seems to be from the blue persuasion more so than from the red.

Kudos to you for being honest.

YNWA
      skamp
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 523 posts | 158 
      Reply #421: Oct 08, 2019 01:24:18 pm
      Agreed Robby.  I gave him my man of the match as he was solid as a rock all game. Has taken a lot of stick in the past (plenty of it deserved) so deserves credit for a very good performance with so few appearances under his belt.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 405 posts | 29 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #422: Oct 08, 2019 03:54:01 pm
      Love those kind of finishes (when they go your way). Get the sh*t in there!

Cannot wait to smash the scum to bits!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,400 posts | 493 
      Reply #423: Oct 08, 2019 07:02:23 pm
      https://twitter.com/i/status/1180511557559697409   

C'mon really,dude's f**king texting!?
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,124 posts | 271 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #424: Oct 09, 2019 10:46:31 am
      When you look back at this game and the stats, we actually played very well. could have won by 3 or 4.

Quick Reply