Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Pre-Match: Man United v Liverpool Sunday 20th October 16:30KO

Read 47900 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 306 posts | 43 
      Pre-Match: Man United v Liverpool Sunday 20th October 16:30KO
      Oct 12, 2019 11:49:21 am
      Need something to keep us busy during the international break..

We travel to United to face Ole’s side who are having an awful season.

He’s under serious pressure and his players aren’t performing.

As we know we are top of the league, with 8 wins from 8, and we are 8 points ahead of City, who face a tough trip to Crystal Palace on Saturday in the late kick off.

I don’t think we will have any fitness issues unless someone gets an injury on international duty.

I expect Alisson to return to the team even though Adrian has proved a very able deputy. Matip and Shaqiri should be back in the squad too, following little injuries.

Alisson

Alexander-Arnold
      Matip
      Van Dijk
      Robertson

Henderson (c)
      Fabinho
      Wijnaldum

Salah
      Firmino
      Mane

Subs:

Adrian
      Gomez
      Milner
      Keita
      Oxlade-Chamberlain
      Shaqiri
      Origi

I have no clue who is gonna be fit for them, but I can honestly say whoever they have fit we are the far better side and should win this.

I’m saying 3-1 to us, Bobby, Salah and Mane with the goals.

YNWA ⚽️
      « Last Edit: Oct 20, 2019 03:41:28 pm by JD »
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,537 posts | 2126 
      Re: Man United v Liverpool Sunday 20th October 16:30KO
      Reply #1: Oct 12, 2019 12:55:36 pm
      Dread this fixture every year for the past 20 years so I’m actually quite uncomfortable with the feeling of confidence! Key is to get after them properly this time, we paid them way too much respect last year I felt, and given their injury struggles in the game we should have won the game. Just need to be careful of their pace on the break because they canbedangerous on the counter. I fancy us to win 2-1 with goals from a Mane and Salah.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2: Oct 12, 2019 01:31:11 pm
      Thanks for this. I’m bored stupid without the reds playing.
      Gone for 3:0 myself. Think we’ll start seeing more clean sheets now Alison’s back. Not having a go at Adrian. Think he’s done brilliant, just think the whole team is more confident with Alison between the sticks. If Hendo plays, which I expect he might, let’s hope he performs better than he did with an England shirt on. Be happy to see Gini, Fab and Millie in the middle to be fair.
      Front three and back five as above.
      No complacency due to utd’s poor form, but at least be a bit more aggressive in attack.
      Harrisimo

• 7,946 posts | 1353 
      Reply #3: Oct 12, 2019 01:34:04 pm
      Judging by Maguire's pathetic attempt to stop the cross for the Czech winner last night, we should target him.Got to be one of the most overrated defenders in Premier League history.
      rossyred

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #4: Oct 12, 2019 02:57:16 pm
      Would give Milner another go for this need his bite and experience especially early against these . Think Pogba out for this so we need to dominate in  midfield and rest should fall into place
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #5: Oct 12, 2019 03:02:09 pm
      3-0 for LFC
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #6: Oct 12, 2019 03:37:40 pm
      Would give Milner another go for this need his bite and experience especially early against these . Think Pogba out for this so we need to dominate in  midfield and rest should fall into place

Yeah I think I'd stick with Milner as well at least at the start.
      Harrisimo

• 7,946 posts | 1353 
      Reply #7: Oct 12, 2019 03:52:46 pm
      Just as well Pogba is out.He can thread those thru balls to Rashford.Whatever shortcomings Rashford has as an out & out striker he does have the pace to get in on the break so we could do without the Pogba/Rashford combo. Pogba & Rashford are very good players.United have given us a master class in how NOT to manage quality.

I would stick with the Hendo,Fab & Gini in midfield with Matip coming back in if fit.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #8: Oct 12, 2019 03:54:39 pm
      Just as well Pogba is out.He can thread those thru balls to Rashford.Whatever shortcomings Rashford has as an out & out striker he does have the pace to get in on the break so we could do without the Pogba/Rashford combo. Pogba & Rashford are very good players.United have given us a master class in how NOT to manage quality.

I would stick with the Hendo,Fab & Gini in midfield with Matip coming back in if fit.

Pogba hasn't been ruled out apparently
      Harrisimo

• 7,946 posts | 1353 
      Reply #9: Oct 12, 2019 04:02:38 pm
      Pogba hasn't been ruled out apparently

I was misinformed by Rossyred..

Pogba if he plays can do damage but he's not the hardest working midfield player. Up his own jacksie but links up well with Rashford in terms of spotting Rashford runs. We will need to press them high up. Just hope Mane keeps up his fantastic form and workrate.

1-4
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,222 posts | 747 
      Reply #10: Oct 12, 2019 05:01:58 pm
      Feel that only sheer complacency can cost us, all three points. Although still think Man U will up their game, especially on their home ground. I am still going for a 0-2 score line, keeping up our 100 % record in the league.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #11: Oct 12, 2019 05:08:47 pm
      We’re due a result at this ground!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #12: Oct 12, 2019 05:13:43 pm
      All depends on if United get some players back for this one really. Their current XI from the past few weeks should give us very little to worry about and even defensively I dont think their midfield has the legs to deal with us.

Its United V Liverpool at their patch so their will be no complacency. Forget the title race for now, this is our chance to hammer home our superiority on enemy soil.

I think Lovren was a horses for courses pick to cut Vardy out on the front foot, if Matip isn't fit then I think Joe might get the nod for this one.

Still 1 more round of international fixtures to go. Fingers still crossed for no bad news on injuries.
      rossyred

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #13: Oct 12, 2019 05:51:44 pm
      I was misinformed by Rossyred..

Pogba if he plays can do damage but he's not the hardest working midfield player. Up his own jacksie but links up well with Rashford in terms of spotting Rashford runs. We will need to press them high up. Just hope Mane keeps up his fantastic form and workrate.

1-4

Out until End of Oct I have read not sure if true but that is the whisper
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14: Oct 12, 2019 06:58:35 pm
      Out until End of Oct I have read not sure if true but that is the whisper

Pogba or no Pogba we should still be able to beat them comfortably, they would have to raise their game massively and us have a really poor game for them to win.
      The only one I'm slightly  worry about is Mata, he always seems to play well against us, hopefully he doesn't start.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15: Oct 12, 2019 07:30:41 pm
      Really doesn't matter who United put out. I've never backed against my team and never will. Wanted to back West Ham other week but my heart wouldn't let me yet my head said lump on.

Even in the prediction league I will post 1-1 yet I think you'll win 3-0 or 3-1. Seriously you lads nothing to worry about even though it's our Derby / Cup final or whatever United fans want to call it. Not sure I can even watch this one.  :f_wah:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #16: Oct 12, 2019 07:58:05 pm
      Really doesn't matter who United put out. I've never backed against my team and never will. Wanted to back West Ham other week but my heart wouldn't let me yet my head said lump on.

Even in the prediction league I will post 1-1 yet I think you'll win 3-0 or 3-1. Seriously you lads nothing to worry about even though it's our Derby / Cup final or whatever United fans want to call it. Not sure I can even watch this one.  :f_wah:

Mind games! ;D
      Harrisimo

• 7,946 posts | 1353 
      Reply #17: Oct 13, 2019 12:18:55 am

The Hired Gun has some understanding of the rivalry so the early clashes will be lively but I doubt the hardcore United fans trust him. It will be a difficult day for him. A decent man probably out of his depth.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #18: Oct 13, 2019 05:31:35 am
      Milner for Gini and the rest sorts itself out, depending on whether Ali is back.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #19: Oct 13, 2019 07:52:48 am

Keith you sound like Fergie in disguise.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #20: Oct 13, 2019 08:05:30 am
      NB: Team no longer available

It's a normal league game, let's just get over it and move on. We should not put extra pressure on us because of their name. We have the team to beat them and we should.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #21: Oct 13, 2019 10:40:16 am

Aw poor poor Keith, can you hear those violins wailing, im reaching for the Kleenex as we speak, the pain is excruciating,  the tears are flowing, ribs are cracking with hilarity,

f***in pissing myself,  "Not sure I can even watch this one" ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 ,  f***in priceless ! ! !

YNWA
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,102 posts | 883 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #22: Oct 13, 2019 03:21:17 pm
      About time we as a team grew a pair and get the result we need sh*t scared of them last season but should have took the the cleaners

Quick Reply