Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Man United v Liverpool Sunday 20th October 16:30KO

Read 47976 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Man United v Liverpool Sunday 20th October 16:30KO
      Reply #23: Oct 13, 2019 03:34:30 pm
      I want this front 3 to the damage! Goal and assist each please

https://twitter.com/samueilfc/status/1183345388994121728?s=21
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #24: Oct 13, 2019 03:38:55 pm

Aw poor poor Keith, can you hear those violins wailing, im reaching for the Kleenex as we speak, the pain is excruciating,  the tears are flowing, ribs are cracking with hilarity,

F**kin pissing myself,  "Not sure I can even watch this one" ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 ,  F**kin priceless ! ! !

YNWA

Calm down larr
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Oct 13, 2019 04:21:06 pm
      Like to see a trio of Fab, Keita and Gini. Think that’s what we went with when we beat them last season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #26: Oct 13, 2019 11:39:24 pm
      Just win, don’t care how. We’ve gotten some managers fired in the last, Will this be another?
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #27: Oct 14, 2019 12:18:13 am
      Really doesn't matter who United put out. I've never backed against my team and never will. Wanted to back West Ham other week but my heart wouldn't let me yet my head said lump on.

Even in the prediction league I will post 1-1 yet I think you'll win 3-0 or 3-1. Seriously you lads nothing to worry about even though it's our Derby / Cup final or whatever United fans want to call it. Not sure I can even watch this one.  :f_wah:

Form out the window with this game, especially at Old Trafford, MU will be up for this one, no doubt, going to be a tough one. 1-0 LFC
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #28: Oct 14, 2019 12:45:17 am
      Not bothered how just 3 points please.  Utd away is a hard fixture for us.  They will be up for more than ever.  They will want us to not get the record of straight wins, they are going to want to stop our winning record.   I'm expecting a tight game unless their players down tools which they have done.  But they have played decent against stronger teams. 
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #29: Oct 14, 2019 06:44:22 am
      Midfield selection is gonna be crucial. Milly, Ox, Keita, Lallana didnt have any int'l duty.. Hendo played an unimpressive 90 mins vs Czech and might play again.. Gini played yesterday, so that's a weeks rest. Fab played just for 10 mins and we know he is gonna start.

Gonna go with Milly and Ox for the other spots. Gives us a bit of penetration and tactical flexibility to change formations midway. We need that cool head in the middle and Milly gives that. Although Gini's form could mean Ox starting from the bench. Lovren probably starts again. May be Mane starts on the right and Mo thru the middle........ and Alisson is back!

Mo
      Bobby Mane
      Milner Fab Ox
      Robbo Virgil Lovren Trent
      Alisson

Subs: Adrian, Gomez, Hendo, Gini, Keita, Lallana, Origi
      « Last Edit: Oct 14, 2019 08:33:19 am by Vicks86 »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #30: Oct 14, 2019 09:16:42 am
      Form out the window with this game, especially at Old Trafford, MU will be up for this one, no doubt, going to be a tough one. 1-0 LFC

In most cases I agree with you. However, the gulf between both sides is to big on this match.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #31: Oct 14, 2019 09:38:35 am
      These will be up for it, same as last season. All the infighting and cynicism from their support will be put to one side for a few hours because if there's one thing they hate even more than the glazers / woodward, it's Liverpool.

We can't be showing them too much respect like we did in March, defensively they haven't been so bad this season but going forward they can't seem to hit a barn door, so it makes complete sense to take risks and attack them from the go.

I'm 26 years old so never in my lifetime have we had a better opportunity to embarrass United on their own turf as much as we will on Sunday. I think & I hope that we'll win this & score 4+ but we need to play without fear because on an occasion like this they still have the opportunity to grind out a result like they did last season if we allow ourselves to be too conservative
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #32: Oct 14, 2019 11:20:24 am
      These will be up for it, same as last season. All the infighting and cynicism from their support will be put to one side for a few hours because if there's one thing they hate even more than the glazers / woodward, it's Liverpool.

We can't be showing them too much respect like we did in March, defensively they haven't been so bad this season but going forward they can't seem to hit a barn door, so it makes complete sense to take risks and attack them from the go.

I'm 26 years old so never in my lifetime have we had a better opportunity to embarrass United on their own turf as much as we will on Sunday. I think & I hope that we'll win this & score 4+ but we need to play without fear because on an occasion like this they still have the opportunity to grind out a result like they did last season if we allow ourselves to be too conservative
      https://youtu.be/9XiqdeIQZ7s

Enjoy that then .
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #33: Oct 14, 2019 12:10:45 pm
      Usually despise the guy but Danny Mills combined XI made me laugh earlier.

Just reeled off the Liverpool first XI ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34: Oct 14, 2019 12:20:19 pm

Surely a 26 year old would have seen that? It wasn't that long ago was it?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #35: Oct 14, 2019 12:48:25 pm
      They really are there for the taking, this could be the week, we proper click into gear and spank these bottom end teams. ;D
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36: Oct 14, 2019 01:53:05 pm
      Will there now be calls for Henderson to play almost alongside Fabinho and Gini to get higher in support of the attack.It's a fact he scored 1 in 3/4 in his days in dutch football and 1 in 4 with Newcastle. He also has 1 in 4 in Internationals.

Could it be that he plays that bit deeper for us and that limits his opportunities and is he a better attacking midfield option than Hendo. Whatever formation the Boss decides on there is no doubt we need more goals from midfield.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #37: Oct 14, 2019 02:20:14 pm
      Reading on sly sports news danny mills combined lfc manure 11 for this season . Its just our team ;D
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #38: Oct 14, 2019 02:21:01 pm
      Usually despise the guy but Danny Mills combined XI made me laugh earlier.

Just reeled off the Liverpool first XI ;D

Sorry didnt see you already mentioned it ;D funny as though ;D
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #39: Oct 14, 2019 02:27:44 pm

Remember that well. What I said was that we've never had a better opportunity. Nobody expected us to win by three goals that day and to be fair without the sending off we wouldn't have.

2014 is the only time I can remember where a comfortable win at Old Trafford was expected & the gulf is much bigger now than it was then
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #40: Oct 14, 2019 02:35:47 pm
      I could see us giving them a bad beating on sunday . Have no fear at all . Play to our abilities and we should win easily
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #41: Oct 14, 2019 02:46:41 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42: Oct 14, 2019 04:50:59 pm
      Seems very unlikely to me the midfield are any different than Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Henderson (barring fitness issue). I'm eager to see Keita and Ox play bigger roles as well, but for as long as they have not been featuring, I don't think this match is the time have either start. With 7 matches in 21 days there's likely to be rotation for a couple of games and they should get a chance, but I don't think it's Sunday, as least not from the start.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #43: Oct 14, 2019 05:11:05 pm
      Seems very unlikely to me the midfield are any different than Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Henderson (barring fitness issue). I'm eager to see Keita and Ox play bigger roles as well, but for as long as they have not been featuring, I don't think this match is the time have either start. With 7 matches in 21 days there's likely to be rotation for a couple of games and they should get a chance, but I don't think it's Sunday, as least not from the start.

Milner for Henderson for me
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #44: Oct 14, 2019 05:20:31 pm
      Klopp will go with the guys with the freshest legs. so expect Milner to start, possibly the ox too, seen as they have been back at melwood and resting during the international break, even lallana as the 6 !!!!.

Waits for the meltdown........ ;D
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #45: Oct 14, 2019 05:24:14 pm
      Don't like to watch these games can't remember the last time i went out to the pub for it.Just brings out the worst of Boston soccer fans and 11.30 a.m says bars will be packed so F**k it stay home. If those gobshites play one game well this season it'll be this one,gonna be a sh*t long week,F**k em up redmen.

Quick Reply