Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Man United v Liverpool Sunday 20th October 16:30KO

Read 47975 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Man United v Liverpool Sunday 20th October 16:30KO
      Reply #46: Oct 14, 2019 05:54:34 pm
      Will there now be calls for Henderson to play almost alongside Fabinho and Gini to get higher in support of the attack.It's a fact he scored 1 in 3/4 in his days in dutch football and 1 in 4 with Newcastle. He also has 1 in 4 in Internationals.

Could it be that he plays that bit deeper for us and that limits his opportunities and is he a better attacking midfield option than Hendo. Whatever formation the Boss decides on there is no doubt we need more goals from midfield.

89 league goals last season
      84 season before.

Please stop with this tired old trope.
      It's been said since Klopp took over, despite the fact our goals tally keeps increasing.
      It's patently nonsense.

I don't know why people cannot or will not understand how our system functions, despite it being explained dozens of times.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #47: Oct 14, 2019 06:18:27 pm
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #48: Oct 14, 2019 07:03:00 pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #49: Oct 14, 2019 07:58:35 pm
      84 season before.

It's been said since Klopp took over, despite the fact our goals tally keeps increasing.
      It's patently nonsense.

I don't know why people cannot or will not understand how our system functions, despite it being explained dozens of times.

I agree with you, although it would be nice if Gini hit the sweet spot of the ball for us like he does with Holland!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #50: Oct 14, 2019 08:16:12 pm
      I agree with you, although it would be nice if Gini hit the sweet spot of the ball for us like he does with Holland!

Haven't really watched him for Holland, athough I understand he plays in a different position?

Either way, yeah, it's like when Coutinho first joined us and he kept scuffing his shots.
      No idea why it should happen, but you're right; he never really seems to get hold of it for us.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #51: Oct 14, 2019 08:39:16 pm
      Haven't really watched him for Holland, athough I understand he plays in a different position?

Either way, yeah, it's like when Coutinho first joined us and he kept scuffing his shots.
      No idea why it should happen, but you're right; he never really seems to get hold of it for us.

Yeah hes more attacking for them so will obviously score a few more. Just seems to catch them sweet for them.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #52: Oct 14, 2019 09:15:49 pm
      Remember having a similar feeling a few times over the years on the run up to a game at Old Trafford when we are expected to win and it never goes well! I F***ing hate this fixture
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #53: Oct 14, 2019 09:32:04 pm
      84 season before.

It's patently nonsense.

It's not tired old rope and that is not an argument. And we do need more goals from midfield.I haven't been saying that since Klopp took over.I'm saying we need more goals from midfield this season and if we don't it will have an effect. I'm certain it is an issue for Klopp. Every successful Liverpool team, and in fact every successful team scores goals from midfield players.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #54: Oct 14, 2019 09:32:57 pm
      Remember having a similar feeling a few times over the years on the run up to a game at Old Trafford when we are expected to win and it never goes well! I f**king hate this fixture

Yeah I've always felt that was more our problem as opposed to Man Utd raising their game. Make no mistake, I'm certain United will improve upon recent performances but there have been many times in recent years where we've gone there and been a little tepid. Let's put the afterburners on for this one!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #55: Oct 14, 2019 09:33:22 pm
      It's not tired old rope and that is not an argument. And we do need more goals from midfield.I haven't been saying that since Klopp took over.I'm saying we need more goals from midfield this season and if we don't it will have an effect. I'm certain it is an issue for Klopp. Every successful Liverpool team, and in fact every successful team scores goals from midfield players.

Why do we need more goals? Aren’t we winning every game?
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #56: Oct 14, 2019 09:38:08 pm
      Why do we need more goals? Aren’t we winning every game?

Ok.Well at least you haven't jumped in with silly put downs. Swab had at least 3 in about 5 lines.

So the midfield is not important in an attacking sense. Well we all see things differently. Klopp knows how important attacking midfield play is.That's why he buys attacking midfield players like Ox and Keita. But may be you think he wasted that money.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #57: Oct 14, 2019 09:43:20 pm

And I'm saying that people have been trotting out this tired trope ever since Klopp came here, and it's been proved to be a fallacy every time.

They were saying exactly the same thing you are.

And yet we keep scoring goals.

Learn to understand our system.
      It's not that hard.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #58: Oct 14, 2019 09:46:42 pm
      Ok.Well at least you haven't jumped in with silly put downs. Swab had at least 3 in about 5 lines.

So the midfield is not important in an attacking sense. Well we all see things differently. Klopp knows how important attacking midfield play is.That's why he buys attacking midfield players like Ox and Keita. But may be you think he wasted that money.

Nope.

In our usual setup, as has been explained time and time again, our midfielders are there to cover the fullbacks.
      Keita and Ox are there to carry the ball and commit defenders, to make more space for our forwards.
      Klopp will use different combinations for different games depending on who we are playing.
      Our midfielders work incredibly hard, and we need that ability to rest and rotate, or do you not remember his first season, when they were all knackered by new year.

Again, learn our systems instead of trotting out this same, tired old argument.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #59: Oct 14, 2019 09:48:07 pm
      And I'm saying that people have been trotting out this tired trope ever since Klopp came here, and it's been proved to be a fallacy every time.

They were saying exactly the same thing you are.

And yet we keep scoring goals.

Learn to understand our system.
      It's not that hard.

May be you do know more than most on here, if you do then that makes your attitude even worse. Silly put downs in nearly all your posts. Sad individual. And no bloody wonder the threads have less posts in these past few months. If I stay on this site..and I might not..and If I stop posting it will be because of posters like you.

« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2019 09:54:09 pm by Harrisimo »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #60: Oct 14, 2019 09:50:12 pm
      May be you do know more than most on here, if you do then that makes your attitude even worse. Silly put downs in nearly all your posts. Sad individual.

There are no "put downs".

There may be a certain amunt of exasperation that after all this time people don't understand how we play, and keep trotting out the same meaningless sh*te, but that's all.

If you want to take it personally, and have a little cry about the nasty man on the internet, feel free.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #61: Oct 14, 2019 09:59:42 pm
      May be you do know more than most on here, if you do then that makes your attitude even worse. Silly put downs in nearly all your posts. Sad individual. And no bloody wonder the threads have less posts in these past few months. If I stay on this site..and I might not..and If I stop posting it will be because of posters like you.

Just put him on ignore or dont mention Midfield and goals in the same sentence
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #62: Oct 14, 2019 10:08:10 pm
      Wijnaldum with 2 goals for Holland yesterday one was a beauty
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #63: Oct 14, 2019 10:13:33 pm
      Just put him on ignore or dont mention Midfield and goals in the same sentence

ahh, there we are, the hypocrisy.

So it's OK for you to post whatever you want, but god forbid someone disagrees with you.
      Then you get pissy at the same time you accuse others of doing it.

It's a F***ing football forum, put on your big girl pants and grow a pair.
      Both of you.

Here's how it goes;
      "Wijnaldum scores for Holland but not for us"

"That's because he plays in a different system here"

"But he scores goals for Holland and not for us"

"I told you, he plays in a different system here"

"wow, you're so F***ing arsey fella, you need to stop it"

ffs
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #64: Oct 14, 2019 10:15:59 pm
      Tbf, our system creates so many goals for our amazing front 3 and gives chances to our midfield and full backs on occasion, so it doesn’t matter who gets them, just that we scare the sh*t out of every team especially when we our on song.

0-4

We’re just far too superior than them now it’s F***ing brilliant!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #65: Oct 14, 2019 10:28:39 pm
      I think (or hope) that our current crew aren't likely to be nervous or overly-motivated or whatever it is about playing United. Trent maybe the player in the squad most susceptible to this as he will know better than most what it means to the supporters, etc. (probably Henderson included here), but I think the group's mentality is such that nobody will be influenced by this, instead we'll turn in a professionally passionate (like a hooker) performance and show all the fire needed without letting emotions cloud judgment, etc.

Is there any chance Joel Matip is back for this?

« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2019 01:28:16 pm by Robby The Z »
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #66: Oct 14, 2019 10:29:22 pm
      ahh, there we are, the hypocrisy.

So it's OK for you to post whatever you want, but god forbid someone disagrees with you.
      Then you get pissy at the same time you accuse others of doing it.

It's a f**king football forum, put on your big girl pants and grow a pair.
      Both of you.

Here's how it goes;
      "Wijnaldum scores for Holland but not for us"

"That's because he plays in a different system here"

"But he scores goals for Holland and not for us"

"I told you, he plays in a different system here"

"wow, you're so f**king arsey fella, you need to stop it"

ffs

Hypocrisy ? You say we dont like it when someone disagrees with us yet it's you who responds like the fountain of knowledge when anyone mentions lack of goals in midfield because it doesn't fit with your opinion . If anyone needs to grow a pair it's you fella
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #67: Oct 14, 2019 10:31:24 pm
      I think (or hope) that our current crew aren't likely to be nervous or overly-motivated or whatever it is about playing United. Trent maybe the player in the squad most susceptible to this as he will know better than most what it means to the supporters, etc. (probably Henderson included here), but I think the group's mentality is such that nobody will be influenced by this, instead we'll turn in a professionally passionate (like a hooker) performance and show all the first needed without letting emotions cloud judgment, etc.

Is there any chance Joel Matip is back for this?

Been a bit quiet in regards to who's back training Matip and Salah who knows would like to think so
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #68: Oct 14, 2019 10:37:43 pm

Hypocrisy ? You say we dont like it when someone disagrees with us yet it's you who responds like the fountain of knowledge when anyone mentions lack of goals in midfield because it doesn't fit with your opinion . If anyone needs to grow a pair it's you fella

First off, it's not an opinion, it's a fact.
      That's how we play.
      Klopp has spoken about it many times, as have other people.

Secondly, your opinion doesn't trump the facts, and you need to understand that.

You can ignore the facts all you want, it still won't make them any less true.

And last of all, it's not a crime to understand how we play.
      If you don't want to, that's cool, it's your call, but on a football forum, you should expect to be engaged if you don't understand the basics of our system.

Quick Reply