Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Man United v Liverpool Sunday 20th October 16:30KO

Read 47997 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Man United v Liverpool Sunday 20th October 16:30KO
      Reply #115: Oct 17, 2019 02:18:41 pm
      De Gea defo out, Injured with spain. Hamstring.

Pogba defo out, along with 1/2 their squad. ;D

I’ve got a strange feeling we may see pogba.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #116: Oct 17, 2019 03:54:49 pm

My strange feeling is that we'll see Giggs, Scholes and Shearingham.

Crying after the match, that is.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #117: Oct 17, 2019 06:04:02 pm
      This is the first time in a long time there is pressure to win at OT. We blew it last year, threw away 2 points against a one legged united team. They’re even weaker now. 3 points or complete failure this time around
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #118: Oct 17, 2019 06:59:50 pm
      This is the first time in a long time there is pressure to win at OT. We blew it last year, threw away 2 points against a one legged united team. They’re even weaker now. 3 points or complete failure this time around

I'm in agreement, if you don't win i'll be laughing at you guys  ;D You couldn't be playing us at a better time even with the injury problems or not. United are there for the taking. I'm dreading the match as well as the result  :f_wah:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #119: Oct 17, 2019 07:24:30 pm
      I'm in agreement, if you don't win i'll be laughing at you guys  ;D You couldn't be playing us at a better time even with the injury problems or not. United are there for the taking. I'm dreading the match as well as the result  :f_wah:

Liverpool have been in this situation where United are now many times. Second favourites.

I know a lot of United fans and they are all playing the same tune. 'Oh we're sh*t you should beat us easily'.

I can understand the strange comfort that holding such a position might bring and conversely try to put pressure back on us, but it's a pretty tedious 'mind game' I think.

Personally I've always held Liverpool to a standard where I believe and hope we could beat you.

It's on your territory and United have no excuses with the money they've spent to be coming in to this at 7/2 with the bookies.

Even with Liverpool being second best to United throughout most of the PL era, I'm going to guess we've held our own at Anfield and United should be able to do the same on Sunday.

If you fall to defeat then that should be a disapointment to every manc out there.
      « Last Edit: Oct 17, 2019 07:28:34 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #120: Oct 17, 2019 07:49:32 pm
      Liverpool have been in this situation where United are now many times. Second favourites.

I know a lot of United fans and they are all playing the same tune. 'Oh we're sh*t you should beat us easily'.

I can understand the strange comfort that holding such a position might bring and conversely try to put pressure back on us, but it's a pretty tedious 'mind game' I think.

Personally I've always held Liverpool to a standard where I believe and hope we could beat you.

It's on your territory and United have no excuses with the money they've spent to be coming in to this at 7/2 with the bookies.

Even with Liverpool being second best to United throughout most of the PL era, I'm going to guess we've held our own at Anfield and United should be able to do the same on Sunday.

If you fall to defeat then that should be a disapointment to every manc out there.

Defo no mind games from my side. Its the worse United side i can remember. Sad thing to say but tides turned so much its now our cup final  :'(
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #121: Oct 17, 2019 08:45:08 pm
      Been down this road before of 'we should win' never been an easy game at ot in my lifetime and sunday will be the same. To win we will need to play a lot better than we have so far this season
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #122: Oct 17, 2019 09:09:01 pm
      Defo no mind games from my side. Its the worse United side i can remember. Sad thing to say but tides turned so much its now our cup final  :'(

Sounds to me like you've all lost your bottle.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #123: Oct 17, 2019 09:29:27 pm

Just look at the record at old Trafford it won't be a formality
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #124: Oct 17, 2019 09:36:42 pm

But Keith, surely you remember the relegation year 😁
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #125: Oct 17, 2019 09:53:56 pm
      These are the games we need to win to get to the PL title. I am sorry but a draw is not enough, we need to beat them at their house to keep distance to MC. I hope Jürgen also plays to win, but I'm afraid he plays not to lose.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #126: Oct 17, 2019 10:56:13 pm
      These are the games we need to win to get to the PL title. I am sorry but a draw is not enough, we need to beat them at their house to keep distance to MC. I hope Jürgen also plays to win, but I'm afraid he plays not to lose.

Rubbish. You don’t go on a 17 game winning streak if you are a team that plays not to lose. We go to City and go hell for leather and look for the win so why would we take the approach of Woy and play not to lose?! If anything has been proven over the last 17 games it’s that we never settle for anything less than a win, regardless of who the opposition is and how late in the game it is. We’ve played 4 up top at times to go all out and get the win. We aren’t going to suddenly change our approach to the approach we had under Woy just because we are playing at the toilet. If anything Klopp will be more determined than ever to improve on the result we had their last year.

Kirkby_inc
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #127: Oct 17, 2019 11:17:08 pm
      Can't be too confident obviously considering the rivalry, but I doubt we get overconfident playing anyone. Well the team won't, fans are free to express it if they want.
       The more successful we've became=  I'm content with getting to see us play a unique and beautiful style of football, we know we have a style of football and can then comment on which player may be an improvement in areas going forward.
       I do take a slight schadenfreude delight in Spurs, Neverton and Man utd having torrid times. But, still feel bad for their fans when I really think about how footy can affect your emotions (have felt delight at them losing and plummeting down tho tbh). I still want us to be far above all other teams obviously.
       I reckon this game will be 1-3 to us, maybe with an unlikely player chipping in with goals or assists. even though it seems any of our players can do the unexpected at times. Goal for Gini maybe.
      I'd play Milner not Henderson for this game, as Hendo is prone to overdoing his proving he's the captain thing, could result in a sending off.
      Milner, Gini and Fab.
      Let roll on and put this game in the bag.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #128: Oct 17, 2019 11:18:29 pm

Bottle doesn't come into it. Manager just clueless and players running like headless chickens  :f_steam:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #129: Oct 17, 2019 11:20:39 pm
      But Keith, surely you remember the relegation year 😁

I do but not going down that road  ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #130: Oct 18, 2019 12:11:51 am
      Just look at the record at old Trafford it won't be a formality

Indeed but for us it's a game we might need to win seeing as City have no trouble doing the double over them year on year. This however is a ground we dont enjoy and a playing surface much larger than Anfield.

I just think during the season with everything that comes with this tie, there will be 'easier' away games than this where we drop points this season. United fans know deep down they have a shot at a result but it's easy to write themselves off and protect themselves if they do lose to us on home soil.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #131: Oct 18, 2019 09:07:43 am
      Going into a game, has there ever been a bigger gulf between the two sides in the last 20 years? I remember us playing them under Hodgson when we were dire although I think we were pretty close to snatching a draw that game, think that was at Old Trafford too as we played in white if I remember correctly. I can see a lot of similarities between Hodgson's Liverpool and the current United side. Static, depressing to watch and seemingly incapable of creating chances.

Obviously we are also phenomenal at the minute, I'm not going to say that we're "better" than some of the Ferguson sides that we've faced in the past as obviously as things stand we don't have a league title to our name, but neither of us have ever came into this fixture on a run of form like we're currently in
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #132: Oct 18, 2019 10:33:44 am
      A bit of a cliche but the first goal will be so important, score first and you can see them crumble.

But the longer it goes scoreless you can imagine they will grow in confidence that they can grind out a draw much like last season.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #133: Oct 18, 2019 11:19:19 am
      No Pogba, and no De Gea. Arguably their two best players on the day.

If we can manage the ocassion we will should win.
      « Last Edit: Oct 18, 2019 11:29:04 am by Rush »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #134: Oct 18, 2019 11:27:09 am
      A lot of comments on our expected win due to our currrnt form.
      To be fair we haven’t been at our best s lot of the time.
      Current run of results doesn’t really reflect our form.
      If we hit top form, I think we will clearly win. If not it could be a 50-50 game.
      I’m hoping for the form to return, along with our never say die attitude and going for a 0-3 against the bus Parker’s relying on the counter, as I’m thinking that’s how they will set up for damage limitation.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #135: Oct 18, 2019 11:38:31 am
      Normally this fixture is as tight they get,form out the window and all that,  but this is different, or at least it feels different,
      The void between us is vast,  and as big as it has been for decades,  at one time it was a case for us that if we got a draw it was a good result,  well the tables have turned completely and were Scum to get a draw it would be their best result this season thus far,

But that ain't gonna happen,  no chance,  for once I'm confident to say we will win this one, only question is, by how much,

I can see us bagging 3 at least, and you never know, they could capitulate altogether and it could be anything.

0-3 Champions Elect

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #136: Oct 18, 2019 11:44:12 am

;D

maybe sitting in the stand.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #137: Oct 18, 2019 11:50:04 am
      What players do they actually have that are fit and even on form ?

Ive just looked on the fantasy football page, they only have 5 fit defenders out of 12.

The no.1 goalie is out.

The star midfielder is out.

the next best attacking MF players are out maritial & Lingard

And out of the 2 strikers they have, the young lad is 75% chance, that leaves Rashford, who hasnt scored in fek knows how long.

If we cant beat them heavily at old strattford this weekend, we never will.

Quick Reply