Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (8.6%)
      Virgil van dijk
      7 (12.1%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.4%)
      Fabinho
      10 (17.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (10.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (3.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      6 (10.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      20 (34.5%)
      Naby Keita
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Oct 21, 2019 08:39:26 pm

Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool. In game and post match discussion.

Read 48198 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Live: Man Utd V Liverpool
      Reply #529: Oct 20, 2019 06:36:14 pm
      This game, well and truly marks the return of Oxlade Chamberlain. He was brilliant since he came on, kept the game ticking, cute little forward passes and always looked to attack United's goal. I shrieked for a min when his left footed shot went towards the goal. thought that was the winner!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #530: Oct 20, 2019 06:36:34 pm
      Tidy little cameo from Adam looked far more accomplished on that side where Henderson was not . Poor performance against a very ordinary side
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #531: Oct 20, 2019 06:36:54 pm
      I know i moan a lot about Klopp's subs but today's made a big difference.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #532: Oct 20, 2019 06:37:47 pm
      Reasons for Concern
      VAR
      Officials
      Nerves

Reasons to be Cheerful
      A big point earned at a very difficult ground (each team has their bogey team, Utd are ours)
      Salah back very soon
      6 points clear at the top
      Unbeaten
      Keita is back
      Alisson is back
      Ox is back
      Man Utd 13th
      Klopp is our manager
      I'm still handsome
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #533: Oct 20, 2019 06:37:58 pm
      Clear there needs to be some changes with the team or the way we are setting up though. This performance wasn’t out of the ordinary and we were very nearly punished for it today. Play like this against City and we will get punished so we need to sharpen up and quickly because if this 6 point gap drops to 3, then the pressure is really going to ramp up.
      Kitty
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 664 posts | 116 
      Reply #534: Oct 20, 2019 06:38:53 pm
      Yes it’s a game of points. Where 3 is difficult, take one at least.

Agree. Obviously expecting the 3 points, but in the end happy with the one.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #535: Oct 20, 2019 06:38:55 pm
      Reasons for Concern
      VAR
      Officials
      Nerves

Reasons to be Cheerful
      A big point earned at a very difficult ground (each team has their bogey team, Utd are ours)
      Salah back very soon
      Unbeaten
      Keita is back
      Alisson is back
      Man Utd 13th
      Klopp is our manager
      I'm still handsome

Good positive post, keep them coming!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,179 posts | 1097 
      Reply #536: Oct 20, 2019 06:39:29 pm
      As good as Gini is with the ball at his feet, he doesn't link up like the 3 that came on today do. Hendo provides a lot defensively but again, he looks to hold up play more often than not. In games where we need to go out and take the game from the oppisition Hendo and Gini aren't great options. We need Ox and Kieta to force themselves in the conversation.

In all honesty I think we need to press more like we did in 17/18 and put more emphasis on pressuring our opponents. You have 2 solid centerhalves and the best keeper in the world. Attacking more will actually take some of the pressure off our defense and it all starts with having more attacking options in the MF
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,997 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #537: Oct 20, 2019 06:40:28 pm
      shame we should win this...lallana ox keita made difference

Before kick off I agree. However' based on 90 mins you didn't deserve to win.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #538: Oct 20, 2019 06:40:31 pm
      Clear there needs to be some changes with the team or the way we are setting up though. This performance wasn’t out of the ordinary and we were very nearly punished for it today. Play like this against City and we will get punished so we need to sharpen up and quickly because if this 6 point gap drops to 3, then the pressure is really going to ramp up.

We raise our game against city, (my opinion)  even playing in their sh*t hole stadium where our fans cause a sell out for them.
      Old Trafford, mental tough game to play.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #539: Oct 20, 2019 06:41:09 pm
      Tidy little cameo from Adam looked far more accomplished on that side where Henderson was not . Poor performance against a very ordinary side
      And to do it in the cauldron of Old Trafford. Thought Lallana changed the game/tempo for us. Keita didn't put a foot wrong either. Ox was also in beast mode.

Looking at the bigger picture, I'm feeling rather chipper! Utd couldn't even win their 'cup final'. At home!
      « Last Edit: Oct 20, 2019 06:46:55 pm by Rush »
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #540: Oct 20, 2019 06:41:16 pm
      Which is more disappointing?

Walking away with a point when 3 is difficult or walking away with one after nearly taking 3.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #541: Oct 20, 2019 06:43:32 pm
      Before kick off I agree. However' based on 90 mins you didn't deserve to win.
      We didn't deserve to be screwed by VAR either. Fair enough with Mane's goal, that's handball. But that's also a foul on Origi. In my little world we beat you 0-1.

Seriously though, you played...not bad.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #542: Oct 20, 2019 06:45:59 pm
      We were absolutely horrific. Honestly staggered how bad we were. So considering that it’s a great result.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,564 posts | 729 
      Reply #543: Oct 20, 2019 06:47:07 pm
      The media is gonna act like we lost this game but any game against United no matter how shot they are is going to be difficult

Just like last season or any season
      Games vs United, Everton etc are not going to be 3 points guaranteed. This is football guys we know what’s up
      « Last Edit: Oct 20, 2019 07:09:04 pm by PastorGeek »
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 884 
      Reply #544: Oct 20, 2019 06:47:41 pm
      Appalling game and zero positives to take from that. We were a shambles, and fortunate that we even scored at all. I could count on one hand the amount of chances we created.

Absolutely fuming with that. Our players didn't go for it at all, and it was just like last season.

We've been out of form for some time now. Whilst that is a massive concern, it also means that when we do start playing well, we can be unplayable.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #545: Oct 20, 2019 06:47:44 pm
      Which is more disappointing?

Walking away with a point when 3 is difficult or walking away with one after nearly taking 3.
      The latter, for me.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #546: Oct 20, 2019 06:49:35 pm
      Good mention that. I’m pissed we didn’t make more of a go of this game but at the same time, there is a sense of relief we got a point, the thought of having lost to these is much worse than a draw in what was a scrappy game.

Yeah. And as I said earlier there will be regrets because as Chamberlain, Lallana and Keita all showed - there was something deliverable there in terms of the three points.

That said, I can fully understand Klopp's reasoning for the midfield trio of Henderson, Gini and Fabinho. It's probably more industrious than innovative and it seeks to add fight more than anything (though one will say, if that's the case then why did Milner not get a look in?)

But any desire to compete on the basis of industry is undermined by the behaviour of the referee because this was a match where the referee decided that he would blow the whistle for the slightest display of physicality on Man Utd. And because of that the hypocrisy of Atkinson's appalling refereeing was laid bare today. Where we weren't allowed to get physical with them in the midfield, Man Utd were allowed to get physical to the extent that they could foul our players in the build up to their goal. I look at people like Atkinson and his equally gormless pal on the sidelines (Jon Moss) and I'm absolutely ashamed of English football's tolerance of such shabby refereeing. The inability to work VAR (when the rest of Europe can do it seamlessly) from these men only brings greater levels of ridicule onto them. It is Mr Bean levels of incompetence and farce and it's no wonder that FIFA refused to take any English ref to the World Cup last year.

I would call it corrupt but that would be affording them too much respect in that to be corrupt you have to use your mind to an extent. Martin Atkinson is just a dunderhead. A dunderhead of galactic proportions. A spineless tool who allows factors outside of his own control to influence him without challenge. He is a man with no inner constitution and most of all no sense of self respect.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #547: Oct 20, 2019 06:50:19 pm
      I could count on one hand the amount of chances we created.
      So could Utd
      Absolutely fuming with that. Our players didn't go for it at all, and it was just like last season.
      Nerves. They'll learn from it. They're only human.

We've been out of form for some time now. Whilst that is a massive concern, it also means that when we do start playing well, we can be unplayable.
      Agreed on both points

Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #548: Oct 20, 2019 06:51:09 pm
      Liked what I saw from ox. Gini first 25 aside, the midfield was absolutely non existent. Ox at least was showing for the ball.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #549: Oct 20, 2019 06:51:36 pm
      Reasons for Concern
      VAR
      Officials
      Nerves

Reasons to be Cheerful
      Salah back very soon
      Unbeaten
      Keita is back
      Alisson is back
      Ox is back
      Man Utd 13th
      Klopp is our manager
      I'm still handsome

I was all for voting Up until I read the last one!🤭😀🤪

ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #550: Oct 20, 2019 06:51:47 pm
      Appalling game and zero positives to take from that. We were a shambles, and fortunate that we even scored at all. I could count on one hand the amount of chances we created.

Zero positives? So you wrote off the fact that we took a point. +1
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,997 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #551: Oct 20, 2019 06:52:00 pm
      We didn't deserve to be screwed by VAR either. Fair enough with Mane's goal, that's handball. But that's also a foul on Origi. In my little world we beat you 0-1.

Seriously though, you played...not bad.

Even though your lad went down like a ton of spuds I thought it was a foul. You lads milking your fouls at present. With the rule regarding handball, even if it's accidental they still class it as handball. I don't agree with it but the book says handball.

Surprised you lads played so poor, espically for 70 mins. More than happy with a draw though as I honesty thought you lads would have twatted us today.

I still want Ole out though.  :-\

Quick Reply