Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (8.6%)
      Virgil van dijk
      7 (12.1%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.4%)
      Fabinho
      10 (17.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (10.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (3.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      6 (10.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      20 (34.5%)
      Naby Keita
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Oct 21, 2019 08:39:26 pm

Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool. In game and post match discussion.

Read 47310 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Live: Man Utd V Liverpool
      Reply #575: Oct 20, 2019 07:13:51 pm
      The whole team was spineless today how bad are United yet the made us look average
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #576: Oct 20, 2019 07:14:56 pm
      But by god how bad was that ref today
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #577: Oct 20, 2019 07:15:47 pm

I am a bit conflicted though, because I dont think we should be looking at incidents that far back. Where do they draw a line at how far back they want to look? Kick off?

That one, Origi should stay on his feet. He’s a strong lad and he has turned him. But once it goes to VAR, it should be given because there is clear contact, it’s from behind and nowhere near the ball.

You can’t go back to every decision, but if it’s referred to VAR then I don’t understand how it isn’t ruled out.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #578: Oct 20, 2019 07:16:51 pm
      Just watch Norwich turn them over next week
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #579: Oct 20, 2019 07:18:07 pm
      Milking fouls is 1 thing. Milking head injuries is another.

The lad needs to be taught the boy who cried wolf because 1 day when he needs its, the medics might just not run on to his aid.

Feigning head injuries and concussion is a pretty low move that could have grave consequences if it catches on.

James needs to be told by his own bosses and peers to (no pun intended) knock that on the head.

I'd give the lad the benefit.He was wacked very hard on both times. Today I blame VAR.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #580: Oct 20, 2019 07:18:29 pm
      And proof we need another Striker Origi is ok at coming on but ain't no where good enough to command a starting position
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #581: Oct 20, 2019 07:24:07 pm
      Would've been disappointed with a draw before the game.
      And can't help being disappointed after - not just because they are United and I hate the fuckers, but because they are F***ing sh*te right now!!!
      A point IS better than nothing, and we played poor for 65 mins - so maybe on the basis of 90 mins they could argue draw was right result.
      But Origi was fouled in the lead up to their goal, so should never have happened. The ref was a F***ing disgrace, won't list the problems.
      Really can't understand why we keep going there an play without the conviction that we are going to win. Them scoring woke us up, but we left it too late.
      Credit Jürgen for the subs - thought Lallana did great when he came on, Utd were packing the defense so his close control and flics worked well, he made space and took his chance to score when it came. Ox did well too, didn't bring his shooting boots though - and thought Keita did well enough too. So that's promising.
      Thought Hendo and Fab were quiet, though we probably needed more creativity on the day, and Gini was decent in the first half. Origi was poor imho. Won't pick out any more players, in general we were underwhelming.
      Will Jürgen be happy - maybe. I can't help not being.
      Roll on Gak...
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #582: Oct 20, 2019 07:26:52 pm
      Don't know how Henderson is in the team, so negative everything is sideways yes he is solid but never creates never gets in the box and that's why he never scores. And that's why we are weak when one of the three forwards are missing
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #583: Oct 20, 2019 07:29:12 pm
      Defo not a F***ing classic.and sh*te like the bad calls is why i don't watch these games in the pub,some  gobby yank manc, would not be good.fair play to the subs one of them motm i guess. Need to wake the F**k,not let this sh*t happen again.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #584: Oct 20, 2019 07:32:59 pm
      I'd give the lad the benefit.He was wacked very hard on both times. Today I blame VAR.

Did it for Wales in the week too. Giggs said he was  being 'steetwise'
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #585: Oct 20, 2019 07:33:47 pm
      After that performance Spurs will feel they have a chance. We must play much faster much more commitment
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #586: Oct 20, 2019 07:35:30 pm
      I think that's a fantastic point. It feels so much different to last season when we drew there when they were there for the taking in truth, but today I'm happy with that result.

From the first minute that gobs***e Atkinson tried to rob us. He was awful and he should never be allowed to referee that fixture ever again.

What's the point in VAR? It's supposed to prevent talking points after the match but it just creates more. It's awful. Their goal should never have stood it was a complete farce.

Which brings me onto manes disallowed goal. That handball rule needs binning. There was no intent, happened in a split second, use some F***ing common sense and give the attacker the benefit of the doubt. If the defender makes that same touch with his hand then the referee isn't going to give a penalty so why is it a free kick against mane? It's a load of sh*te.

Our players getting booked and then their players make worse tackles literally seconds later and nothing for them? F**k off.

Every 50-50 the ref gave to them. He gave them loads of soft decisions too and literally gave us nothing all game.

The way they time wasted with every single throw in, set piece, goal kick and the ref didn't intervene despite requests from Jürgen and our players was just a joke as well.

Their whole team is a joke. Sitting 11 men behind the ball in your own half at your own ground in the biggest game of the season. They're F***ing sh*te.

I was so happy to see us equalise because it was thoroughly deserved. Not because of our performance (wasn't great to be honest) but we got shafted all game.

Just one other thing, in future I'd like to see ox start instead of origi. I like origi as a squad player but he makes much more of an impact coming on from the bench in my opinion.  I'd also like to see Keita get some more minutes too. Sometimes it's painful to watch our midfield pass sideways constantly and atleast with naby he will carry the ball and look forward.

Good point against a gobs***e team with a gobs***e ref. Well done lads.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #587: Oct 20, 2019 07:36:44 pm
      Just never got going today. I hate saying this because we had enough out there to bury this lot but we missed Salah today. He scares the life out of defenders.

We should have started with 2 in midfield with Origi up top. I agree with some here that Henderson offered very little today. Always very solid but in the final third just doesn’t do much. We still have a six point gap on City is probably the only positive we can take from today. Nice to have a CL game coming up just to get over this setback. We need to improve there is no doubt..
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #588: Oct 20, 2019 07:40:39 pm
      Do you know where we can send flowers for daniel james. Poor kid and his fainting spells.
      To be fair, did you see how Fab clattered him?  ;D I thought we'd signed this lad for a second:

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #589: Oct 20, 2019 07:42:40 pm
      No point getting worked up about it. United happy with their home point and we're disappointed with the point.

25 points out of 27 that's a good total and if we win our next 8 and draw 1 then we will really be in business.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #590: Oct 20, 2019 07:44:04 pm
      No point getting worked up about it. United happy with their home point and we're disappointed with the point.

25 points out of 27 that's a good total and if we win our next 8 and draw 1 then we will really be in business.

Not losing was a bonus.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #591: Oct 20, 2019 07:46:44 pm

Yeah dont want to be losing to them.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #592: Oct 20, 2019 07:50:05 pm
      I really don't get how some folk dismiss the factor of playing away at Old Trafford. There are three grounds I never like visiting (in order of which away ground worries me most):

1st Etihad
      2nd Old Trafford
      3rd Stamford Bridge

Those are our hardest away fixtures and have been for a long time (at least in Utd, Chelsea's case). It may be because I'm an old git, but when I hear some saying before kick-off we can smash them (Utd), I think, we could, but I always think it will be close.

More than any other team on planet earth - Utd would rather die than give us anything. That almost happened today.

That's a good point, all things considered.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #593: Oct 20, 2019 07:56:48 pm
      I really don't get how some folk dismiss the factor of playing away at Old Trafford. There are three grounds I never like visiting (in order of which away ground worries me most):

1st Etihad
      2nd Old Trafford
      3rd Stamford Bridge

Those are our hardest away fixtures and have been for a long time (at least in Utd, Chelsea's case). It may be because I'm an old git, but when I hear some saying before kick-off we can smash them (Utd), I think, we could, but I always think it will be close.

More than any other team on planet earth - Utd would rather die than give us anything. That almost happened today.

Think it is much harder than the Etihad. City will always play their way and maybe adapt a few things to us, but I feel far worse playing the mancs at Old Trafford as it is always such a horrible match where we never seem to settle.

Even though they are not a force in terms of the league right now, having been a dominant team for such a long time that builds in a certain level of apprehension of going to play there, where you know it’s going to be an absolute battle.

Throw in a dodgy ref and us being under par, it’s a decent enough point.

It will never be an easy game there, same as it will never be at Anfield for them.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #594: Oct 20, 2019 08:03:06 pm

1st Etihad
      2nd Old Trafford
      3rd Stamford Bridge

They didn't even take the opportunity to end Solskjaer's top flight management career once and for all. That's how much it means to them!  ;)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #595: Oct 20, 2019 08:08:54 pm
      Think it is much harder than the Etihad. City will always play their way and maybe adapt a few things to us, but I feel far worse playing the mancs at Old Trafford as it is always such a horrible match where we never seem to settle.
      I was thinking the exact same thing and almost said as much.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #596: Oct 20, 2019 08:09:30 pm
      The only good thing to come out of that game was Ole might still have a job
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #597: Oct 20, 2019 08:12:19 pm
      The last 30 mins or so showed United's lack of confidence.Yes we pushed them back but the meekly conceded space and possession. The self belief and confidence just dissipated. Out problems in the first 60 minutes came from no clear pattern of play.No playmaker picking it up from the back 4. spredding the play.

Both our full backs were a bit flat as well in the first half. Credit to United, they did spread the play and in Rashford and James had willing runners. They were good but needed help from VAR.

A much sharper more defined performance would've yeilded the 3 points but the run had to end somewhere, glad it didn't end in defeat.

Quick Reply