Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (8.6%)
      Virgil van dijk
      7 (12.1%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.4%)
      Fabinho
      10 (17.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (10.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (3.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      6 (10.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      20 (34.5%)
      Naby Keita
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Oct 21, 2019 08:39:26 pm

Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool. In game and post match discussion.

Read 47291 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool. In game and post match discussion.
      Reply #644: Oct 21, 2019 09:00:03 am
      F**k you VAR and F**k you too, you cheating c**t Atkinson.

How VAR doesn't pick up on that foul on Origi before they scored, is beyond me. What's the actual f**king point?

We played against 13 today so to nick a draw, when it looked like there was no chance, was a decent result in the end. Was just gutted when Ox's shot went wide, what a winner that would have been. Having said that, I still can't believe Bobby, who played liked absolute dog sh*t, hits that ball that Sadio tees up for him, so f**king soft and straight at De Poof!

Hate them Manc Cu*ts!! Jammy fucks!!!!

EDIT: I knew that C**t De Gay would play and of course Rashford decided to actually play his 1 good game a year and it's always against us...Cu*ts!!!!!

'De Poof'

How old are you lad?
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #645: Oct 21, 2019 09:12:34 am
      He wasn’t great today but we’ve just won 17 games in a row with him at the heart of things and then one draw and we need to drop him...

Come on this is pathetic

Its not about dropping more rotating he played two games for England and was pretty poor in both of them whilst the likes of Milner resting up we need to be more savvy with our selection at times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #646: Oct 21, 2019 09:26:32 am
      Probably a bit unfortunate with the whole VAR debacle but we didn't create enough chances for the first 80 minutes or so anyway.

Think the build up did United the world of good, all the talk before the game was about how many goals we were going to win by so I imagine that would have gotten them riled up through the week.

Made up for Lallana, Keita did very well too once he came on. One slightly worrying thing is the lack of attacking options on the bench. Basically had a bench full of midfielders yesterday & although one did come off the bench to score it's a bit worrying knowing how heavily reliant we are on the front 3 being fit
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #647: Oct 21, 2019 09:33:30 am
      Probably a bit unfortunate with the whole VAR debacle but we didn't create enough chances for the first 80 minutes or so anyway.

Think the build up did United the world of good, all the talk before the game was about how many goals we were going to win by so I imagine that would have gotten them riled up through the week.

Made up for Lallana, Keita did very well too once he came on. One slightly worrying thing is the lack of attacking options on the bench. Basically had a bench full of midfielders yesterday & although one did come off the bench to score it's a bit worrying knowing how heavily reliant we are on the front 3 being fit

I was lobbying for a 4th striker all summer but got shouted down as what is the point in having an expensive player sitting on the bench, well I think we just saw the reason, plus of course that 4th forward could be used in rotation.
      Anyway we don't have that so I think we have stumbled on quite a good system in switching to 4-4-2 with an extra attacking midfielder but the interplay with the fullbacks needs to be worked on a bit more.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #648: Oct 21, 2019 09:55:01 am
      Henderson should not have started. Played two England games and with Milner fully rested and off the back of a good performance against Leicester, he should have been given the nod.

Klopp then persisted with Henderson at right wing for some reason for way too long. If Lallana and Ox were brought on earlier I fully believe we would have won that game. Anyway, our winless streak and poor performance levels continue at Old Trafford but at least without loss!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #649: Oct 21, 2019 10:32:17 am
      Henderson should not have started. Played two England games and with Milner fully rested and off the back of a good performance against Leicester, he should have been given the nod.

Klopp then persisted with Henderson at right wing for some reason for way too long. If Lallana and Ox were brought on earlier I fully believe we would have won that game. Anyway, our winless streak and poor performance levels continue at Old Trafford but at least without loss!

Its my only criticism of Klopp that he is to slow to react in game and a bit to loyal to certain players. Having said that he is improving in both these aspects, but I think we should have started the second half 4-4-2 with Hendo subbed for Lallana, Ox for Origi and then give Gini another 5-10 minutes before subbing him as well.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #650: Oct 21, 2019 10:56:24 am
      Frustrating non performance in a big game yesterday.

Extremely rare from this team.

6 points clear and unbeaten in league for over 10 months. If Carlsberg did setbacks......... :f_tongueincheek:

We move on. What a team.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #651: Oct 21, 2019 11:22:24 am
      Frustrating non performance in a big game yesterday.

Extremely rare from this team.

6 points clear and unbeaten in league for over 10 months. If Carlsberg did setbacks......... :f_tongueincheek:

We move on. What a team.

May I add that we went down by a bloody foul yet came back to put the ball in the back of the net, but was unfortunately chalked off. And we relentlessly worked to take home a point and to deny the mancs three points.

As far as I’m concerned, that’s my team. So proud of the players and coaching staff.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Live: Man Utd V Liverpool
      Reply #652: Oct 21, 2019 11:41:54 am
      Bit nervy now.

COYR
      Smash these cu*ts.

The Boss rounded on these people after the game who suggested we only have to pitch up to "smash" United.

I called it "2-1 but wouldn't rule out 1-1".

"Smash these c**ts"...mmm...hardly incisive comment is it..
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #653: Oct 21, 2019 11:43:58 am
      When one of the front-3 is out, one of Keita or Ox need to play, or both. Simple! Period!!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #654: Oct 21, 2019 11:50:29 am
      Considering our recent history at OT that wasn't a surprise, as frustrating as it was to watch at times. Their system did work quite well against us but we were very poor in the first half. I think Klopp said that the Napoli loss last year was a blueprint for how not to play and I feel like that first half yesterday was this season's blueprint.

We obviously changed shape at HT and the whole second half was an improvement, but by then they had something to defend and were sitting deep to do so. Felt Klopp was good with the subs, Ox was getting ready within 10 minutes of the second half. In the end we clearly deserved the point and could have won it at the end.

It's frustrating to have to be so petty because we let ourselves down, particularly in that first half, but I thought that was a perfect example of home bias of a referee. There are the obvious ones, like the Origi foul, and the lack of yellows for Utd players in the second half, but in general it really did seem like he was working against us. Even little things like stopping the game when James was winded in the 2nd took our momentum away.

We made it difficult for ourselves with our performance but Atkinson's was even worse. In light of that, and the way the game went, a point isn't the end of the world.

Ali back, contributions from Ox, Lallana and even Keita all positives as well. Hopefully this helps us improve next time we face a similarly struggling club clinging on at home against us ;)
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #655: Oct 21, 2019 11:57:18 am
      The Boss rounded on these people after the game who suggested we only have to pitch up to "smash" United.

Think you're read into that a bit too much. What's wrong with wanting to smash Man United?
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #656: Oct 21, 2019 11:59:51 am
      When one of the front-3 is out, one of Keita or Ox need to play, or both. Simple! Period!!

Don't think it's that straight forward. The Boss knew (as I did) that it would not be a matter of us just turning up and we'll wipe the floor with them. Origi had done well when he came on this season so he earned his chance.

With hindsight maybe Mane should've played down the left with Origi closer to Bobby. I said we should attack more down the left as Young on the other side has an old head. We did get at them down the left in the last 30 to get the draw.

There is a case for a Fab, Hendo,Ox midfield or Gini in for Hendo. Many like me called for a more aggressive attacking midfield.Obviously there's the odd one dimensional types who don't understand that the midfield becomes a 2-4...1-5..attack at times and rigidly stick to the notion that midfielders are all "defenders".

Wasn't a bad performance just lacked clarity of thought and purpose in the first half. They played well, spread the play and utilised the pace of Rashford & James. Many moaned about us not having a striker on the bench but we had 3 attacking midfield options and they did well.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #657: Oct 21, 2019 12:02:50 pm
      Exactly. Which is why i said a couple weeks ago that of the upcoming games at the time, Leicester, United and Spurs, that it was the United game that i felt was the trickiest, yet retards laughed and thought we’d walk in and batter them. There’s a reason Klopp has yet to win at OT and overall have won so few times there over the past few years.

I quoted that we would walk in and batter them Mancs 0-3, I must HAVE missed your post where you declared that this game would prove the trickiest of the trio you mentioned,
      Please forgive me for being unaware of your undoubted talent of game predictions and not forgetting the psychic powers that you behold, and if you don't mind would you care to PM me this week's Euro draw numbers,  cheers, 

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Oct 21, 2019 02:38:49 pm by JD »
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #658: Oct 21, 2019 12:03:22 pm
      Think you're read into that a bit too much. What's wrong with wanting to smash Man United?

Not much but when it comes from a poster who tells me and others to..."learn the game"...it deserves derision..
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #659: Oct 21, 2019 12:05:42 pm

Thats because the midfield dose not create to many defencive players. For me Henderson should make way
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #660: Oct 21, 2019 12:11:56 pm

Hi there, my name is Retard , I quoted that we would walk in and batter them Mancs 0-3, I must HAVE missed your post where you declared that this game would prove the trickiest of the trio you mentioned,
      Please forgive me for being unaware of your undoubted talent of game predictions and not forgetting the psychic powers that you behold, and if you don't mind would you care to PM me this week's Euro draw numbers,  cheers, 
      The Retarded one !!

Well you are entitled to get it wrong because when you get it right, as you often do, you don't brag about it. I'd say you are a respected poster. But there are some who "lord it" over others and it can be annoying.

Every poster gets it right and wrong at times but I like you go back to to the early sixties but we generally respect all posters ( well I try to) regardless of age, experience or locality.

It shouldn't be an I'm right and your wrong comp...but some make it that way.

YNWA
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #661: Oct 21, 2019 12:15:16 pm
      Don't think it's that straight forward. The Boss knew (as I did) that it would not be a matter of us just turning up and we'll wipe the floor with them. Origi had done well when he came on this season so he earned his chance.

With hindsight maybe Mane should've played down the left with Origi closer to Bobby. I said we should attack more down the left as Young on the other side has an old head. We did get at them down the left in the last 30 to get the draw.

There is a case for a Fab, Hendo,Ox midfield or Gini in for Hendo. Many like me called for a more aggressive attacking midfield.Obviously there's the odd one dimensional types who don't understand that the midfield becomes a 2-4...1-5..attack at times and rigidly stick to the notion that midfielders are all "defenders".

Wasn't a bad performance just lacked clarity of thought and purpose in the first half. They played well, spread the play and utilised the pace of Rashford & James. Many moaned about us not having a striker on the bench but we had 3 attacking midfield options and they did well.

Love Origi to bits but he isnt a 'wide' player. It was quite obvious for a couple of days that they were gonna do 3-4-2-1. We could've probably started with Mane left and Ox right, with Bobby behind Origi and Gini-Fab double pivot. Divock is a brilliant ball retainer and enables us to switch plays between long and short. Just that we might have penetrated more and not let them have the upper hand in the first 45
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #662: Oct 21, 2019 12:24:37 pm
      Monumentally fu**ed over by the ref here, to an extent he didnt let us get at them or get our flow together.

Nevertheless we didnt seem to click until it was too late, something often attributed to liverpool teams off the past.

Still top of the table, still undefeated and now 6 points clear, a position many wouldn't have thought possible this early on.

Lets go again and make sure we right this wrong at Anfield against Tottenham.

Martin Atkinson is a closet United fan and he's always f***ed us over whenever he's officiated our game. Yet he keeps getting selected for this fixture, it's scandalous. One of the worst referees I've ever come across and a total pr1ck.

Having said that, we looked lethargic and without the usual movement / urgency. 1-1 was prob a fair result but doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #663: Oct 21, 2019 12:40:50 pm

Stop F***ing whining.

It was a hope, not an expectation.
      I know you can tell the difference, so you're just doing this to try and get a rise.

Grow up.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #664: Oct 21, 2019 12:57:10 pm
      up to the game with people talking about going there and winning by 3-4 goals. I think they got so much stick in the build up so they were always

Mate you actually advocated dropping one of our front 3 (Salah) last week if I remember rightly. Hopefully yesterday will remind a few fans just how important he is to the way we play and be a little more tolerant next time he elects to shoot instead of passing to a teammate.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #665: Oct 21, 2019 12:59:32 pm
      Well, we got a point not the end of the world.
      The run had to end one day shame it was against the Mancs.
      Taking VAR out of the equation, you could argue we were fortunate to get a point, putting VAR back in you could argue we should have won.
      What ever way you look at it the result won't change and however much it was a travesty the result won't change.

We are still 6 points clear and it is still in our hands, so we have to move on.
      And before I get slaughtered, The ref was a joke, and James is a cheating barstweward.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #666: Oct 21, 2019 01:02:14 pm
      Sorry for chopping your post to pieces, but I wanted to focus on this bit.  I have a sneaky suspicion we will see a 4-2-2-2 formation come into play in the near future.  This will help relieve the burden on our front 3 of having to play and score goals every game, and will allow for more rotation across the entire front 6.  No real evidence to support this claim, just a hunch. 

Klopp certainly loves his 4-3-3 but there were a couple of spells last year when he tinkered with the tactics and offered up some tweaked formations so you could well be right. He was speaking very highly of Keita and the type of player he can be just recently so i'm hopeful that he will see more game time moving forwards. 

Quick Reply