1) Trent does very often during games when we dominate effectively play as a wing back as does Robbo
2) Gini should've played to the whistle
3) Stating the bleedin' obvious..
4) When attacks break down all teams are susceptible...goes without saying..
5) We didn't outnumber them for the whole match...it ebbed and flowed..
6) We actually brought on 3 midfielders on..
1) wingbacks is the system utd used. They are midfielders as much as anything. Ours are attacking FB's; different system
2) all of them should've played to the whistle. However the point I was addressing remains the same.
3) nope. It's part of our system, the one you don't seem to understand.
4) Nope. They were hitting long balls to try and get in behind us, completely bypassing midfield for the simple reason we are so good at winning the ball back high up the pitch.
5) We had 68% possession. Away. At Old Trafford. There was no "ebb and flow", just them having the very occasional period of possession, which we invariably won back fairly quickly because we outnumbered them in the middle by 3 - 2, or 4 - 2 if you look at how often Firmino came deep.
6) we brought on 2 attacking mids, and one central/left mid, for 2 centre mids and one forward. It was about getting fresh legs on as much as anything.