Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (8.6%)
      Virgil van dijk
      7 (12.1%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.4%)
      Fabinho
      10 (17.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (10.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (3.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      6 (10.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      20 (34.5%)
      Naby Keita
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Oct 21, 2019 08:39:26 pm

Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool. In game and post match discussion.

Read 47268 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Live: Man Utd V Liverpool
      Reply #552: Oct 20, 2019 06:54:58 pm
      Even though your lad went down like a ton of spuds I thought it was a foul. You lads milking your fouls at present. With the rule regarding handball, even if it's accidental they still class it as handball. I don't agree with it but the book says handball.

Surprised you lads played so poor, espically for 70 mins. More than happy with a draw though as I honesty thought you lads would have twatted us today.

I still want Ole out though.  :-\

Do you know where we can send flowers for daniel james. Poor kid and his fainting spells.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #553: Oct 20, 2019 06:55:55 pm
      "A handball occurs if any player, other than the team's goalkeeper within his own penalty area, deliberately handles the ball when in play. A ball can be handled with any part of the arm, from the tips of a player's fingers right up to the shoulder."

..unless your name is Dele Alli and you play for Spurs..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #554: Oct 20, 2019 06:56:41 pm
      Do you know where we can send flowers for daniel james. Poor kid and his fainting spells.

Yeah he's another player who milks it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #555: Oct 20, 2019 06:58:17 pm
      Not sure how Refs like Atkinson and Mosss are allowed to still ref when they are clearly past their sell by date.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #556: Oct 20, 2019 06:59:07 pm
      Zero positives? So you wrote off the fact that we took a point. +1

It's only a positive if you went into that game expecting to lose.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #557: Oct 20, 2019 07:00:04 pm
      Not sure how Refs like Atkinson and Mosss are allowed to still ref when they are clearly past their sell by date.

Probably because they support Utd and still suck Fergies cock

DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #558: Oct 20, 2019 07:00:23 pm
      Yeah he's another player who milks it.

Giggs admitted he was faking it last time. Then he's at it twice in this match.

Funny how Atkinson immediately stopped the game yet there was no head injury.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #559: Oct 20, 2019 07:00:28 pm
      Even though your lad went down like a ton of spuds I thought it was a foul. You lads milking your fouls at present. With the rule regarding handball, even if it's accidental they still class it as handball. I don't agree with it but the book says handball.

Surprised you lads played so poor, espically for 70 mins. More than happy with a draw though as I honesty thought you lads would have twatted us today.

Be careful what you wish for. You are 5/6 players short, poss more. The squad was poor when Ole took over. Pogba should've been sent packing by Mourinho.Ole for his part has to lay it on the line. Money and plenty of it needs to be spent over the next 2 windows. That'll will be the case even if you sack Ole...so Ole stays...I hope.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #560: Oct 20, 2019 07:02:30 pm
      We were far better second half. Not perfect but the basics of how we play were more there.

Must admit when they starting singing their song at the end I wanted to do them.

A stark reminder to all of us to never get bored or desensitised by their fall from grace. Enjoy every minute of the gap. Enjoy every minute of them being happy with a home point. This isn't a plucky underdog story that United wanted to paint all week. This is a club in a real mess who have no business being in 13th place. No business playing 5 at the back and playing for scraps. They have spent 100s and 100s of millions on their squad, and we should take great delight in the club they are becoming, and the club they have yet to become. 
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #561: Oct 20, 2019 07:05:04 pm

Milking it! What about James, manages to get the game stopped because he was winded, plus another 3 or 4 times.

First game after international break, away at the toilet, a shocking refereeing display and our first dropped points of the season after 9 games. In that context, it is a good point because we can’t win every game.

For the mancs, the highlight of their season is playing a role in allowing their local rivals to close the gap and stop us matching a record their neighbors hold. Seems very Everton and shows how far they have dropped. Currently going through their Woy period.

Most importantly, despite a very average display we once again found a way to get something from the game and for me, this is our toughest game to win every season, so a point isn’t too bad.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #562: Oct 20, 2019 07:05:52 pm
      Good point in the end.

For my part I said during the week we need a bit more from midfield.That was evident today. Somebody jumped in and told me to..."learn the game"...I called it today "2-1 but wouldn't rule out 1-1." Said the same for the Leicester game..."2-1 may be 1-1".  I got the hump a little bit but I'll have a word with said poster during the week.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #563: Oct 20, 2019 07:06:24 pm
      Giggs admitted he was faking it last time. Then he's at it twice in this match.

Funny how Atkinson immediately stopped the game yet there was no head injury.

Milking fouls is 1 thing. Milking head injuries is another.

The lad needs to be taught the boy who cried wolf because 1 day when he needs its, the medics might just not run on to his aid.

Feigning head injuries and concussion is a pretty low move that could have grave consequences if it catches on.

James needs to be told by his own bosses and peers to (no pun intended) knock that on the head.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #564: Oct 20, 2019 07:07:08 pm
      Before kick off I agree. However' based on 90 mins you didn't deserve to win.

Neither did you, draw was right result, but F**k me Atkinson was an absolute homer today, that was worse than peak Webb or Elleray refereeing performances during the Fergie era.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #565: Oct 20, 2019 07:07:32 pm
      Was worried  about this game before KO and especially  when everyone  was hugging in the tunnel wtf is that about and then Matip kicking ball out for that cheating little w**ker James games just not the way it was
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #566: Oct 20, 2019 07:07:48 pm
      Milking fouls is 1 thing. Milking head injuries is another.

The lad needs to be taught the boy who cried wolf because 1 day when he needs its, the medics might just not run on to his aid.

Feigning head injuries and concussion is a pretty low move that could have grave consequences if it catches on.

James needs to be told by his own bosses and peers to (no pun intended) knock that on the head.

Standard Manc behavior and in Atkinson, a fool who was looking to buy whatever was on offer today.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #567: Oct 20, 2019 07:08:01 pm
      to see Matip put the ball out of play after James was down for the 5th time, whilst we are chasing the game, that was right up there IMO. Couldn’t believe it and I think Hendo gave him a bollocking for it.

We tell kids to play the whistle, shouldn't need to tell pros - plus we shouldn't be encouraging little shits like James to go down, he'll just do it again, as if he needs any encouragement.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #568: Oct 20, 2019 07:08:25 pm
      Be careful what you wish for. You are 5/6 players short, poss more. The squad was poor when Ole took over. Pogba should've been sent packing by Mourinho.Ole for his part has to lay it on the line. Money and plenty of it needs to be spent over the next 2 windows. That'll will be the case even if you sack Ole...so Ole stays...I hope.

Wish?? I prey 25 hours a day 8 days a week the get rid of him.  ;D Neville stated Ole's tactics were good today. I read it differently, Liverpool were poor for most of the game rather than a tactical performance by Ole.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #569: Oct 20, 2019 07:08:39 pm
      Although the stat is without a large part of context this is somewhat problematic? Alternatively you could argue just how much more we could do with Keita in midfield.

https://twitter.com/PremLeaguePanel/status/1185975034235490304?s=20
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #570: Oct 20, 2019 07:10:20 pm
      Milking it! What about James, manages to get the game stopped because he was winded, plus another 3 or 4 times.

I've already stated he's another that milks it.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #571: Oct 20, 2019 07:10:37 pm
      Bottled it as Old Trafford yes again is it coming up to the winter slide again. Spurs next let's hope we grow a pair by then
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #572: Oct 20, 2019 07:11:03 pm
      Neither did you, draw was right result, but F**k me Atkinson was an absolute homer today, that was worse than peak Webb or Elleray refereeing performances during the Fergie era.

Commented on it early doors. 2 fouls in their half he didnt give allowing United to break. Third time lucky. The biggest failing of VAR is it still allows for home bias by taking that decision of the referee at far too great a  value.

Refs make bad decisions, that's why we are supposed to have the technology. I dont think anywhere else in Europe that would be allowed to stand.

I am a bit conflicted though, because I dont think we should be looking at incidents that far back. Where do they draw a line at how far back they want to look? Kick off?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #573: Oct 20, 2019 07:13:12 pm
      We didn’t want it enough to win that game, you can’t go to a place like this and only start to play well at 85mins. Salvaged a point but doesn’t hide the fact we were no where good enough today, this should have been a game we picked up all 3 points.

Mane and Firmino were no where to be seen for most of the game.
      Wonder if those calling for Salah to be dropped will think again in future because even when he’s playing off par, he’s still dragging players out of position and opening space for others and we clearly missed him today.

As for Matip. I remember Raul Meireles once shitting out of a 50-50 against these, then to see Matip put the ball out of play after James was down for the 5th time, whilst we are chasing the game, that was right up there IMO. Couldn’t believe it and I think Hendo gave him a bollocking for it.

Nearly broke the tele with the remote at that point. Kicking it out of play after he had already got the game stopped once.

Need to be bigger counts than that I'm afraid.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #574: Oct 20, 2019 07:13:31 pm
      'Pretty much everything went against us and we still didn't lose'.

Is right Jürgen...

Quick Reply