Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (8.6%)
      Virgil van dijk
      7 (12.1%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.4%)
      Fabinho
      10 (17.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (10.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (3.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      6 (10.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      20 (34.5%)
      Naby Keita
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Oct 21, 2019 08:39:26 pm

Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool. In game and post match discussion.

Read 47286 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Live: Man Utd V Liverpool
      Reply #598: Oct 20, 2019 08:19:08 pm
      Thought a major part of United's plan was to keep the ball OFF the deck. I noticed they started wasting time at about 60 minutes as well. I hope they are happy with their point.

As Virgil said afterward, disappointed we didn't win, but we move on.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #599: Oct 20, 2019 08:19:58 pm
      Wish?? I prey 25 hours a day 8 days a week the get rid of him.  ;D Neville stated Ole's tactics were good today. I read it differently, Liverpool were poor for most of the game rather than a tactical performance by Ole.

The way your confidence disipated in the last 30 or so was bad.Ole should've been in the tech area barking at them to get out and compete in midfield, hold the back line higher.He's a bit to passive.We could've nicked it at the death. Fergie, even at 70 was on the line giving everybody daggers.

But Oles'a a nice guy...you should give him a 25 year contract..
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #600: Oct 20, 2019 08:23:34 pm
      Hey I guess we carry on our unbeaten run, got a point and probably stopped that train wreck of a manager from getting sacked.... wouldn’t say it was a terrible day.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #601: Oct 20, 2019 08:32:01 pm
      Don't know how Henderson is in the team, so negative everything is sideways yes he is solid but never creates never gets in the box and that's why he never scores. And that's why we are weak when one of the three forwards are missing

He was poor today but it looked as if he didn't really have a defined role.He ended up on the wing, which we know is not his bag.At the risk of being told to "learn the game"..I would say today we lacked midfield definition esp in the first 60 or so.

Nobody was dictating the play. Fabinho isn't a playmaker, he's an out and out holding player Hendo was drifting out to the right, busy as usual but didn't get to grips today. The 3 that came on, OX, Lallana and Nabby brought energy and ideas to the team. I liked Ox's intent. Wanted to have impact. Good sign.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #602: Oct 20, 2019 08:35:23 pm
      Don't know how Henderson is in the team, so negative everything is sideways yes he is solid but never creates never gets in the box and that's why he never scores. And that's why we are weak when one of the three forwards are missing

It’s very clear why he’s in the team, you really should know by now and you’ve paying no attention if you don’t.

One thing I will say though is that he’s no place on the right wing like he was today. We leaned that under Kenny years ago.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #603: Oct 20, 2019 08:36:53 pm
      Interesting to see that Atkinson is 47 years old. In France, Germany and Spain he'd have been retired by the respective football associations in those countries for being too old (for reference the average age of a referee in Germany is 34 years old). But not in England. The fact he is still refereeing at such a high level, let alone many of the biggest games in the league, is embarrassing.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool. In game and post match discussion.
      Reply #604: Oct 20, 2019 08:39:43 pm
      Feel sorry for you guys, I'm away and watched an Arab channel with the sound off, you lot had Tyler commentating too.

Feels a little like a win to be honest, the powers that be did all they could, but still undefeated.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #605: Oct 20, 2019 08:40:15 pm
      Slight technical delay but MOTM poll added.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #606: Oct 20, 2019 08:41:38 pm
      It’s very clear why he’s in the team, you really should know by now and you’ve paying no attention if you don’t.

He was average today Mags. He's had good days and bad days but he shouldn't have been selected today IMO.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #607: Oct 20, 2019 08:44:30 pm
      Interesting to see that Atkinson is 47 years old. In France, Germany and Spain he'd have been retired by the respective football associations in those countries for being too old (for reference the average age of a referee in Germany is 34 years old). But not in England. The fact he is still refereeing at such a high level, let alone many of the biggest games in the league, is embarrassing.

As the Boss said, and it was blatantly obvious in the first helf, Atkinson gave us nothing.So it was no surprise he didn't give the foul on Origi. Could say he was partially sighted. In that case VAR could clealy see it was a clear foul. They do see the incident from different angles so not to judge it a foul was stupid.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #608: Oct 20, 2019 08:45:12 pm
      Hey I guess we carry on our unbeaten run, got a point and probably stopped that train wreck of a manager from getting sacked.... wouldn’t say it was a terrible day.

Hard to look at the game objectively as a LFC fan but they did have all the decisions.

Their cup final and they were clinging on.

Much rather be a LFC fan disappointed in an away draw than a Utd fan made up with a home draw.

How the tables have turned.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #609: Oct 20, 2019 08:55:17 pm

One thing I will say though is that he’s no place on the right wing like he was today. We leaned that under Kenny years ago.

He was bang average and shouldn't be anywhere near our XI at the moment
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #610: Oct 20, 2019 09:06:35 pm
      A really tough game as I expected. We froze again at Old Trafford for 80 minutes and to be honest United didn't even have to play that well to deserve a point.

Subs played really well though and allowed us to get out of there with a point. All three played well and I think Jürgen will be disappointed he didn't start one of them. I think if we can't get all the front three on the pitch then one of that midfield trio needs to be on the pitch to offer us something different.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #611: Oct 20, 2019 09:06:52 pm
      Really poor quality match from both teams I thought. Still, if we can go to Old Trafford, play badly, have the ref and VAR give everything against us, and still get a point it's not too bad.

I like Fabinho a lot, but he has been in poor form for about a month, not sure how he stayed on.

Gave Virgil my MOTM vote. Subs gave us a bit more attacking intent when they came on, especially Lallana and Ox.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #612: Oct 20, 2019 09:13:46 pm
      The way your confidence disipated in the last 30 or so was bad.Ole should've been in the tech area barking at them to get out and compete in midfield, hold the back line higher.He's a bit to passive.We could've nicked it at the death. Fergie, even at 70 was on the line giving everybody daggers.

But Oles'a a nice guy...you should give him a 25 year contract..

That's very true hence why he's not the man to take us forward.
      As for giving Ole 25 years!! If that was to be the case we'd definitely equal Liverpool's record of not winning the league for 30 years  :f_whistle: Sorry couldn't resist that Harrismo you left yourself wide open.  ;D
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #613: Oct 20, 2019 09:14:31 pm
      Bit concerning that they totally nullified our full backs and we didn’t really have a clue what to do.

And once again, if any of the front 3 are missing, we just don’t look right.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #614: Oct 20, 2019 09:15:35 pm
      I’m thinking the set up wasn’t really geared to get at them with any tempo. They tried to press us when they could, and we didn’t move the ball forwstd quick enough to catch them left in our half of the field. When we did manage it, we would then play it back or sideways.
      Robbo or Trent didn’t seem like they wanted to take on the full backs, and kept swinging in crosses from 30 yds back down the field.
      Seems like they may have been under instruction !
      Kieta comes on, feigns a pass, draws two players towards him, created space for Robbo and lays the ball, not to his feet, but for him to run on to. Cross- Bang - goal !
      Just something a little more positive, which Hendo doesn’t have in his locker 90% of the time.
      Too many long balls forward for most of the game, usually because our defence never had an out ball to midfield. Thought Fab done well for most of the game and Gini for 40 mins. But think the line up we finished with, we should have started with, bar perhaps Millie for Lallana.
      A bit more creativity, a bit more physical presence, and a bit more going forwards.
      We got a point that should have been 3 but might have been 0.
      Saw Jürgen a few times hollering instruction from the line. Perhaps he sent the wrong players out to perform how he wanted them to tactically
      We certainly need to improve on this performance so let’s hope todays subs can now be intergrated into the starting 11 sooner rather than later!
      I felt like we dropped two today rather than gained 1, but I put that down to Jürgen and his starting 11, plus the negativity of our wingbacks.
      Still in control, let’s move on and win the next one.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #615: Oct 20, 2019 09:22:37 pm
      Really poor quality match from both teams I thought. Still, if we can go to Old Trafford, play badly, have the ref and VAR give everything against us, and still get a point it's not too bad.

I like Fabinho a lot, but he has been in poor form for about a month, not sure how he stayed on.

Gave Virgil my MOTM vote. Subs gave us a bit more attacking intent when they came on, especially Lallana and Ox.

At the end we only had Fabinho holding with Mane,Firmino,Ox,Lallana and Nabby going forward. Can't see the boss ever picking a line up with that front 6. Rodgers might've. But Ox did his chances no harm. He played with real intent and once he scores with one of those ground scuds he'll grow in confidence. Think the Boss will be looking at him very closely for the next few games.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #616: Oct 20, 2019 09:23:14 pm
      Bit concerning that they totally nullified our full backs and we didn’t really have a clue what to do.

That’s because the midfield is so bad at providing any creativity.

Although I’m sure a certain poster will be along soon to tell me why I don’t understand the game  :lmao:

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #617: Oct 20, 2019 09:23:19 pm
      Forgot to mention, can that refereeing performance really go uninvestigated ?

Can he really be allowed to ref another professional game ?

Surely he has to be retired after that?

I can’t temember seeing a more one sided performance from an official !
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #618: Oct 20, 2019 09:36:16 pm
      That’s because the midfield is so bad at providing any creativity.

Although I’m sure a certain poster will be along soon to tell me why I don’t understand the game  :lmao:

Match needed Naby
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #619: Oct 20, 2019 09:37:09 pm
      I’m thinking the set up wasn’t really geared to get at them with any tempo. They tried to press us when they could, and we didn’t move the ball forwstd quick enough to catch them left in our half of the field. When we did manage it, we would then play it back or sideways.
      Robbo or Trent didn’t seem like they wanted to take on the full backs, and kept swinging in crosses from 30 yds back down the field.
      Seems like they may have been under instruction !
      Kieta comes on, feigns a pass, draws two players towards him, created space for Robbo and lays the ball, not to his feet, but for him to run on to. Cross- Bang - goal !
      Just something a little more positive, which Hendo doesn’t have in his locker 90% of the time.
      Too many long balls forward for most of the game, usually because our defence never had an out ball to midfield. Thought Fab done well for most of the game and Gini for 40 mins. But think the line up we finished with, we should have started with, bar perhaps Millie for Lallana.
      A bit more creativity, a bit more physical presence, and a bit more going forwards.
      We got a point that should have been 3 but might have been 0.
      Saw Jürgen a few times hollering instruction from the line. Perhaps he sent the wrong players out to perform how he wanted them to tactically
      We certainly need to improve on this performance so let’s hope todays subs can now be intergrated into the starting 11 sooner rather than later!
      I felt like we dropped two today rather than gained 1, but I put that down to Jürgen and his starting 11, plus the negativity of our wingbacks.
      Still in control, let’s move on and win the next one.

Good stuff.Felt Hendo didn't really have a defined role and ended up on the wing. Had Salah played we would've squeezed the play a bit to give Mo the space behind to run into. We had no real playmaker in and around the centre circle and it drifted along the back 4 to much.This puts the front 3 on the back foot. They played well in the first half and spread it well with 2 pacy runners in Rashford & James.

VAR stitched us up obviously and it took the subs to inject a bit of energy and ideas. Hendo for me isn't the link between the mid and the attack. For all his industry he just lacks that little bit going forward. His best position is picking it up off the back 4 and making the play from there, even then he could take a few more risks.

Robbo showed once again going forward how effective he is. 3 subs did perk us up and got the point. Still 6 points clear. Next up in the league the Spurs DIVERS....VAR gave Dele Alli a handball goal on Saturday but ruled out Mane..mmm..
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #620: Oct 20, 2019 09:43:41 pm
      Naby is not part of the list for MoM selection?

Quick Reply