Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (8.6%)
      Virgil van dijk
      7 (12.1%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.4%)
      Fabinho
      10 (17.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (10.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (3.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      6 (10.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      20 (34.5%)
      Naby Keita
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Oct 21, 2019 08:39:26 pm

Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool. In game and post match discussion.

Read 47867 times
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 387 
      Re: Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool. In game and post match discussion.
      Reply #621: Oct 20, 2019 09:43:58 pm
      That’s because the midfield is so bad at providing any creativity.

Although I’m sure a certain poster will be along soon to tell me why I don’t understand the game  :lmao:

Well we keep picking that midfield, ain’t gonna change....
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,282 posts | 1513 
      Reply #622: Oct 20, 2019 09:49:58 pm
      Did Hendo drift out to the right because he couldn’t cope in the middle.
      Perhaps feeling he wasn’t being effective so drifted out wide to sort of hide ?
      Just thinking out loud like 🤷‍♂️
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #623: Oct 20, 2019 09:58:02 pm
      That's very true hence why he's not the man to take us forward.
      As for giving Ole 25 years!! If that was to be the case we'd definitely equal Liverpool's record of not winning the league for 30 years  :f_whistle: Sorry couldn't resist that Harrismo you left yourself wide open.  ;D

Got to take it on the chin..and put it right this season..maybe.
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #624: Oct 20, 2019 10:03:22 pm

Well mate I'd never accuse that lad of hiding.He's been through a lot here and come thru to lift the Champions League trophy. It's a bit awkward for him as Fabinho is in his space a bit but Fab is a holder in the way Hamann was. It leaves Hendo in limbo a bit.He gets by most of the time because of his industry and grit. Done well so far this season but was a bit nulled today.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,892 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #625: Oct 20, 2019 10:20:16 pm
      Monumentally fu**ed over by the ref here, to an extent he didnt let us get at them or get our flow together.

Nevertheless we didnt seem to click until it was too late, something often attributed to liverpool teams off the past.

Still top of the table, still undefeated and now 6 points clear, a position many wouldn't have thought possible this early on.

Lets go again and make sure we right this wrong at Anfield against Tottenham.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,674 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #626: Oct 20, 2019 10:45:34 pm
      F**k you VAR and F**k you too, you cheating c**t Atkinson.

How VAR doesn't pick up on that foul on Origi before they scored, is beyond me. What's the actual f**king point?

We played against 13 today so to nick a draw, when it looked like there was no chance, was a decent result in the end. Was just gutted when Ox's shot went wide, what a winner that would have been. Having said that, I still can't believe Bobby, who played liked absolute dog sh*t, hits that ball that Sadio tees up for him, so f**king soft and straight at De Poof!

Hate them Manc Cu*ts!! Jammy fucks!!!!

EDIT: I knew that C**t De Gay would play and of course Rashford decided to actually play his 1 good game a year and it's always against us...Cu*ts!!!!!
      « Last Edit: Oct 21, 2019 12:41:52 am by AussieRed »
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #627: Oct 20, 2019 11:07:33 pm
      Ole reckons the man of the match was the referee......
      ruthcity

• 6,917 posts | 1476 
      Reply #628: Oct 20, 2019 11:09:49 pm
      At this rate... "we need to spend £60m for a fourth striker to sit on the bench." "And rotate with the front three". "We could have won 8-0 in Mo's absence today".  :f_whistle:
      Scottbot

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #629: Oct 20, 2019 11:16:46 pm
      Our record there has been terrible for many years so I'll take a point all day every season. There was some serious over confidence in here leading up to the game with people talking about going there and winning by 3-4 goals. I think they got so much stick in the build up so they were always going to come out fighting.

Was really disappointed with Klopp's tactics first half. It didn't make sense to play Mane on the right and it became clear from early in that we needed some imagination in midfield. But credit Klopp's for the changes, the system was much better in the 2nd half and all three subs came in and had an impact on the game.

I think that all three midfielders (Keita, Ox and Lallana) must be pushing for more playing time and that Klopp's needs to be a little more adventurous in his selections because our performances have dropped off somewhat over the past 4-5 games. Fingers crossed Salah comes back ok because we looked completely out of balance without him. Funny that a good few have suggested he might possibly be derserving of being dropped!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #630: Oct 20, 2019 11:18:41 pm

I'd guess it was Klopps instructions to force Young into dealing with Hendo to leave room for Trent to get crosses in.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #631: Oct 20, 2019 11:26:16 pm

EDIT: I knew that C**t De Gay would play and of course Rashford decided to actually play his 1 good game a year and it's always against us...Cu*ts!!!!!

Exactly. Which is why i said a couple weeks ago that of the upcoming games at the time, Leicester, United and Spurs, that it was the United game that i felt was the trickiest, yet retards laughed and thought we’d walk in and batter them. There’s a reason Klopp has yet to win at OT and overall have won so few times there over the past few years.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,282 posts | 1513 
      Reply #632: Oct 20, 2019 11:30:11 pm
      Well mate I'd never accuse that lad of hiding.He's been through a lot here and come thru to lift the Champions League trophy. It's a bit awkward for him as Fabinho is in his space a bit but Fab is a holder in the way Hamann was. It leaves Hendo in limbo a bit.He gets by most of the time because of his industry and grit. Done well so far this season but was a bit nulled today.

After I posted, I did hear he moved to the right to try give Trent more licence to get forward, apparently on instruction, so my mistake !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,282 posts | 1513 
      Reply #633: Oct 20, 2019 11:32:38 pm
      Ole reckons the man of the match was the referee......

F***ing hell !
      That says a lot. Wonder what it cost him eh ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #634: Oct 20, 2019 11:51:17 pm
      Was another average display, we've had to many recently, time for Jürgen to shuffle the pack a bit, plus we need to get a better plan on how to play when missing one of our front three. I liked the 4-4-2, why not play that more often, make it our plan B.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #635: Oct 20, 2019 11:54:01 pm
      Well done Lallana, great cameo. We have been sliding a bit in recent games, they stuck a lot of men behind the ball and really only scored because VAR made a mistake. We have a CL game mid week, Mo was out, and they defended with everything. Its a point and that's ok.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #636: Oct 20, 2019 11:54:43 pm
      It became clear from early in that we needed some imagination in midfield. But credit Klopp's for the changes...
      I think that all three midfielders (Keita, Ox and Lallana) must be pushing for more playing time...

Sorry for chopping your post to pieces, but I wanted to focus on this bit.  I have a sneaky suspicion we will see a 4-2-2-2 formation come into play in the near future.  This will help relieve the burden on our front 3 of having to play and score goals every game, and will allow for more rotation across the entire front 6.  No real evidence to support this claim, just a hunch. 
      Redrew
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #637: Oct 21, 2019 01:25:16 am
      For 70 minutes, Klopps strategy was to have TAA launch 35 meter prayers into the box.
      Seems to be his Plan A on the road
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #638: Oct 21, 2019 07:27:20 am
      Ole must be delighted that Atkinson United came away from this match with a point.Without a doubt the ref and his VAR mate robbed us of a win..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #639: Oct 21, 2019 07:35:59 am
      F**k you VAR and F**k you too, you cheating c**t Atkinson.

How VAR doesn't pick up on that foul on Origi before they scored, is beyond me. What's the actual f**king point?

We played against 13 today so to nick a draw, when it looked like there was no chance, was a decent result in the end. Was just gutted when Ox's shot went wide, what a winner that would have been. Having said that, I still can't believe Bobby, who played liked absolute dog sh*t, hits that ball that Sadio tees up for him, so f**king soft and straight at De Poof!

Hate them Manc Cu*ts!! Jammy fucks!!!!

He was giving things which previous know every-trick-in-the-book United side wouldn't even dream of appealing for.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #640: Oct 21, 2019 08:00:19 am
      He was average today Mags. He's had good days and bad days but he shouldn't have been selected today IMO.

Agree he wasn’t great today but still think he should have been selected if he passed the fitness test.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #641: Oct 21, 2019 08:01:40 am
      He was bang average and shouldn't be anywhere near our XI at the moment

He wasn’t great today but we’ve just won 17 games in a row with him at the heart of things and then one draw and we need to drop him...

Come on this is pathetic
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,282 posts | 1513 
      Reply #642: Oct 21, 2019 08:17:57 am
      Ref the VAR decision on Origi.
      If he doesn’t get fouled and go down, there’s no way that Utd player get away with the ball to make a free unchallenged pass.

Thing is, everyone who saw that agrees, even Utd fans, except the cheating Ref and the bias VAR operators.
      Now they should be replaced as they are clearly inadequate for the role they employed for.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #643: Oct 21, 2019 08:28:24 am
      Why is it that in all other sports the video referee takes precedence, with a certain bias towards Referees decision in some sports like cricket, yet in football they have this absurd notion that it must be a "clear and obvious error", about as vague a statement as I've ever heard. Who decides what a clear and obvious error is, if it's not a tackle from behind which leads directly to a goal then what would it be?
      Why can't Football just copy the approach of Rugby where the referee in communication with his linesman refer something to the Video referee or vice versa and then all watch a screen to decide if the correct result was reached, also microphoning up the referees so everyone understands what the hell is going on might be an idea, its incredible how badly VAR has been adopted.
      In Rugby TMO is an exciting part of the game and the correct decision is almost always reached yet in football it just seems to cause even more confusion and debate.

Quick Reply