Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (8.6%)
      Virgil van dijk
      7 (12.1%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.4%)
      Fabinho
      10 (17.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (10.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (3.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      6 (10.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      20 (34.5%)
      Naby Keita
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Oct 21, 2019 08:39:26 pm

Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool. In game and post match discussion.

Read 47269 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Live: Man Utd V Liverpool
      Reply #690: Oct 21, 2019 04:46:25 pm
      Last season @MU cost us the PL, could very well be the same this season. They just seem to play for real while we look scared in their house. MC will celebrating after this weekend.  :'( Well, I guess that equals out our "luck" vs- Leicester two weeks ago.  :roll:

Losing to City lost the title.

Man Utd were sh*te. They continue to be sh*te.
      Gifted a goal when a free kick should have been given to Liverpool.
      Klopp even said they were expecting the free kick.

Then losing a goal even though a hand ball isn't supposed to be given when it comes off another part of the players body (leg).
      Liverpool v 12 yesterday. Still fought back for a draw.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Re: Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool. In game and post match discussion.
      Reply #691: Oct 21, 2019 05:22:25 pm
      Mancs are buzzing off taking a point from us and the fact their lads showed ‘fight’ and ‘heart’ (basically that they tried really really really hard), whilst we’re all pissed off at dropping two points.

The lowering of their expectations continues.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #692: Oct 21, 2019 05:46:47 pm
      Still unbeaten. We got this. Our team still manage to get something even when it's not our day and that's a sign of a team that wins trophies.

We missed Mo, even when he is playing bad. He makes the other teams defenders think twice making offensive runs and even tho he has been not to his usual standards. He is vital to the way we play.
      That said it would be nice to have a extra striker on the bench, give origi some competition.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #693: Oct 21, 2019 05:55:26 pm
      Its not about dropping more rotating he played two games for England and was pretty poor in both of them whilst the likes of Milner resting up we need to be more savvy with our selection at times

Fair
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #694: Oct 21, 2019 05:58:49 pm
      So yesterday it was finally proved VAR doesn't work as for 90 minuet is it never spotted United we're playing with 12 men
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #695: Oct 21, 2019 06:32:28 pm
      Ha...what happened to the great analyst...looked through some of your posts and it's all just basic stuff..nothing wrong with that but you invariably finish your posts with..."has it sunk in yet"...or "learn the game"...and now your carping when somebody has the gall to have a pop back.

Drop your arrogant know all attitude..

The midfield arguement of not being in their job role to score just to back up our wing backs fell down yesterday.  Trent gambled and went forward , Gini didnt cover James and the rest is history. Change the midfield and add more numbers and hey presto we score . It's called adapting to games and situations which my original posts around this area pointed too before the Guru got involved
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #696: Oct 21, 2019 06:37:39 pm
      The midfield arguement of not being in their job role to score just to back up our wing backs fell down yesterday.  Trent gambled and went forward , Gini didnt cover James and the rest is history. Change the midfield and add more numbers and hey presto we score . It's called adapting to games and situations which my original posts around this area pointed too before the Guru got involved

1) we don't play with "wingbacks"

2) Gini didn't cover because he'd stopped for the foul, as Klopp said in his presser

3) We scored because we finally managed to push them back

4) We were wide open to the counter

5) we outnumbered them in midfield for the whole match

6) bringing on 2 attacking mids could have easily cost us, if the opposition had a pair of balls.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #697: Oct 21, 2019 06:49:48 pm

2) Gini didn't cover because he'd stopped for the foul, as Klopp said in his presser

6) bringing on 2 attacking mids could have easily cost us, if the opposition had a pair of balls.

1) Trent does very often during games when we dominate effectively play as a wing back as does Robbo

2) Gini should've played to the whistle

3) Stating the bleedin' obvious..

4) When attacks break down all teams are susceptible...goes without saying..

5) We didn't outnumber them for the whole match...it ebbed and flowed..

6) We actually brought on 3 midfielders on..

..ahem...
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #698: Oct 21, 2019 06:52:47 pm

No real insight here...if you want detailed analysis..look thru the thread for my contributions after the game..up to about 10 last night..

No charge.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #699: Oct 21, 2019 06:59:46 pm
      1) Trent does very often during games when we dominate effectively play as a wing back as does Robbo

2) Gini should've played to the whistle

3) Stating the bleedin' obvious..

4) When attacks break down all teams are susceptible...goes without saying..

5) We didn't outnumber them for the whole match...it ebbed and flowed..

6) We actually brought on 3 midfielders on..

..ahem...

1) wingbacks is the system utd used. They are midfielders as much as anything. Ours are attacking FB's; different system

2) all of them should've played to the whistle. However the point I was addressing remains the same.

3) nope. It's part of our system, the one you don't seem to understand.

4) Nope. They were hitting long balls to try and get in behind us, completely bypassing midfield for the simple reason we are so good at winning the ball back high up the pitch.

5) We had 68% possession. Away. At Old Trafford. There was no "ebb and flow", just them having the very occasional period of possession, which we invariably won back fairly quickly because we outnumbered them in the middle by 3 - 2, or 4 - 2 if you look at how often Firmino came deep.

6) we brought on 2 attacking mids, and one central/left mid, for 2 centre mids and one forward. It was about getting fresh legs on as much as anything.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #700: Oct 21, 2019 07:06:00 pm

Reg Point

2, No he was out of position

3. We scored because we had players who were A - More attack minded and creative and B - Lallana was more effective on the right than Henderson and why do you think " we pushed them back" they retreated as they were more worried about the goal threat that had come rather than Fabino and Henderson who offer FA goal threat

5- We outnumbered them correct but did not dominate them
      6- Bringing on two attacking mids could have won the game

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #701: Oct 21, 2019 07:09:54 pm
      Reg Point

2, No he was out of position

3. We scored because we had players who were A - More attack minded and creative and B - Lallana was more effective on the right than Henderson and why do you think " we pushed them back" they retreated as they were more worried about the goal threat that had come rather than Fabino and Henderson who offer FA goal threat

5- We outnumbered them correct but did not dominate them
      6- Bringing on two attacking mids could have won the game

2) I agreed, but the difference is why. Unless of course you think Klopp is wrong.

3) we pushed them back because they were knackered. They did pretty well closing us down, but it took a lot out of them. Klopp timed his subs to perfection.

5) 68% possession at OT is not dominating them? ;D

6) we did bring on 2 attacking mids.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #702: Oct 21, 2019 07:14:20 pm
      68% possession correct and did what exactly with it ? Means F**k all unless you can create something with it bit like when someone as 95% pass completion but when you analyse it they havent passed a single ball forward
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #703: Oct 21, 2019 07:18:03 pm
      68% possession correct and did what exactly with it ? Means F**k all unless you can create something with it bit like when someone as 95% pass completion but when you analyse it they havent passed a single ball forward

I said we dominated the ball and the possession stats show that.

I didn't say anything about what it meant.

That would be you, trying to move the goalposts.

If you can find me a player with 95% pass completion, with at least 60 passes who never played it forwards once, I'd be amazed, because as stats go, that is the biggest pile of bollocks I've ever read.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #704: Oct 21, 2019 07:23:29 pm
      I said we dominated the ball and the possession stats show that.

I didn't say anything about what it meant.

That would be you, trying to move the goalposts.

If you can find me a player with 95% pass completion, with at least 60 passes who never played it forwards once, I'd be amazed, because as stats go, that is the biggest pile of bollocks I've ever read.

Who mentioned anything about 60 passes . Why are are you moving the goalposts something you have just accused me of . I didnt say you did say what the possession meant but surely if you have the majority of possession you should create more unless of course your midfield lacks the creation  :lmao: xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #705: Oct 21, 2019 07:31:04 pm
      Who mentioned anything about 60 passes . Why are are you moving the goalposts something you have just accused me of . I didnt say you did say what the possession meant but surely if you have the majority of possession you should create more unless of course your midfield lacks the creation  :lmao: xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

I did.
      I mentioned 60 passes with a 95% completion rate, because that seems a fair sample size.

So go on, show me one example of a player who played a decent number of passes at 95% completion with not a single one forwards.
      It was your assertion; back it up.
      « Last Edit: Oct 21, 2019 07:35:26 pm by Swab »
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #706: Oct 21, 2019 07:43:27 pm
      I did.
      I mentioned 60 passes with a 95% completion rate, because that seems a fair sample size.

So go on, show me one example of a player who played a decent number of passes at 95% completion with not a single one forwards.
      It was your assertion; back it up.
      FFS man it was a statement to say how statistics can sometimes tell a different picture you loot. I am sure you are able to rationally understand the concept of what I was implying aren't you Oracle
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #707: Oct 21, 2019 07:45:44 pm
      FFS man it was a statement to say how statistics can sometimes tell a different picture you loot. I am sure you are able to rationally understand the concept of what I was implying aren't you Oracle

So you're saying that you made a statement that you can't back up, and now you're trying to wriggle out of it.

Got it.

rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #708: Oct 21, 2019 08:12:02 pm
      So you're saying that you made a statement that you can't back up, and now you're trying to wriggle out of it.

Got it.

No far from it looks more like you know I am right in that statistics dont always paint the true picture . Thank you at last I have made progress with you a tough nut to crack but got there in the end
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #709: Oct 21, 2019 08:20:44 pm
      Not the best performance at OT yesterday, but at least still unbeaten in the league. Thought Mane's goal should have stood, rather harsh decision to disallow the goal tbh.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #710: Oct 21, 2019 08:25:37 pm
      Thought Mane's goal should have stood, rather harsh decision to disallow the goal tbh.

Harsh under the old rules David, sadly under VAR the correct ruling  :f_doh:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #711: Oct 21, 2019 08:33:11 pm
      Agree with you Keith, certainly not deliberate handball. Although as you say VAR has changed all that. Anyway Keith you must be quite pleased with your team's performance on the whole.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #712: Oct 21, 2019 08:44:02 pm
      Agree with you Keith, certainly not deliberate handball. Although as you say VAR has changed all that. Anyway Keith you must be quite pleased with your team's performance on the whole.

Mixed feeling really but would of took a draw before a ball was kicked yes. Very surprised how we had you on the ropes in the first half but was very disappointed Ole then going defensive in the second. He just doesn't cut it with me. Old Trafford and our manager going on the back foot, holding on for a draw instead of pressing  :f_doh:

We held on for grim death, that last ten mins felt like 90 mins. He's so out of his debt for me. The draw probably keeps him his job a little long. Still think he will be gone by New Year though. (( hopefully ))

Quick Reply