Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson
      1 (0.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      9 (7.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      7 (6.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (0.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.9%)
       Fabinho
      64 (56.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      15 (13.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      14 (12.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: Oct 31, 2019 06:22:57 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 33205 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Oct 27, 2019 07:12:04 pm
      It is funny when Roy Keane goes in on someone. Just hammered Dele Alli. 'He thinks hes a Male model, he wants to go and have a look in the mirror'
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #461: Oct 27, 2019 07:12:19 pm
      Think you'd be going back to the times of Gerrard and Alonso to find a midfield performance as good as Fabinho's today.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #462: Oct 27, 2019 07:12:50 pm
      Great to have rock solid Alisson back in goal
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #463: Oct 27, 2019 07:13:32 pm
      Think you'd be going back to the times of Gerrard and Alonso to find a midfield performance as good as Fabinho's today.

He was superb mate
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #464: Oct 27, 2019 07:14:54 pm
      Another massive win from the 'Mentality Monster's', as wins go this was huge, we rode our luck slightly when Son hit the bar but as the pundits say Championship  winning sides find a way to win, and we seem to be doing exactly that this season when we are up against it,

Every hurdle  that is put in front of us we seem to get over it without too many worries, and yet I still feel we are no where near our peak yet, and that is f***in scary,  not for us but for those staring up our Arses in the league ,from City down to whoever's in 4th and beyond,

We're on the brink of the mad season where we will see just how good we are,
      In a couple of weeks we host City , win that then I believe the title is ours to throw away, and that ain't gonna happen.

Massive win today, well in lads.

Fabinho awesome performance my motm.

YNWA

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #465: Oct 27, 2019 07:17:40 pm
      Very good, composed performance that. We went a bit too defensive after we scored our second, and they could have nicked an equaliser, but it would have been robbery cos we bossed the previous 80 minutes.

Gave MOTM to Hendo, although could also have been Trent. I've been critical of Fabinho's form over the last few weeks, but he played well today.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #466: Oct 27, 2019 07:19:10 pm
      Yes mate. The way he went down clutching his face. Imagine that was Salah and the outcry that would be received. With Kane, not a peep.

Love how we beat them. I think we mentally destroyed them in Madrid and today they had to revert to shithouse football and we showed we can deal with that too.

He's just a knock off Rodney Trotter.

Us going 1-0 down was probably the best thing to happen to us. Just provided the little kick/spark needed to ignite us.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #467: Oct 27, 2019 07:27:19 pm
      Not for me that midfield is not strong enough, Henderson gives the ball away and then watch Gini the pair are woefull

You haven't got a F***ing clue mate. Look at the performance at Genk. Look at what happens when Wijnaldum doesn't play in midfield. Huge F***ing gaps all over the place. He keeps that midfield together like no one else in our squad can. Fabinho and Wijnaldum are the first two midfield picks for me. Don't care who plays alongside them generally.

Henderson, bar his early jitters/mistakes, was solid too.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #468: Oct 27, 2019 07:32:59 pm
      You haven't got a f**king clue mate. Look at the performance at Genk. Look at what happens when Wijnaldum doesn't play in midfield. Huge f**king gaps all over the place. He keeps that midfield together like no one else in our squad can. Fabinho and Wijnaldum are the first two midfield picks for me. Don't care who plays alongside them generally.

Got to admit - I groaned a lot when Hendo got off to that dodgy start. But what a time to score your first league goal at Anfield in 4 years.

You've definitely got a good point there. Where the midfield of Gini and Hendo perhaps has less of the attacking force/innovation of a Keita/AOO midfield, it makes up for it in tactical discipline. And I think tactical discipline has been the most notable trait of Klopp's Liverpool since the start of last season, sacrificing a fair bit of that heavy metal/gegenpressen force 10 attack in the process.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #469: Oct 27, 2019 07:43:14 pm
      Great to have rock solid Alisson back in goal

This!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #470: Oct 27, 2019 07:43:54 pm

He’s pulling out 9s and 10s every game. He is an unbelievable midfielder - best in the world
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #471: Oct 27, 2019 07:44:57 pm
      Got to admit - I groaned a lot when Hendo got off to that dodgy start. But what a time to score your first league goal at Anfield in 4 years.

You've definitely got a good point there. Where the midfield of Gini and Hendo perhaps has less of the attacking force/innovation of a Keita/AOO midfield, it makes up for it in tactical discipline. And I think tactical discipline has been the most notable trait of Klopp's Liverpool since the start of last season, sacrificing a fair bit of that heavy metal/gegenpressen force 10 attack in the process.

I mean, I get annoyed and groan too when players get off to a dodgy start, today it was Henderson, but I'll groan at the lot of them if they play badly.

The thing is that sacrificing a fair bit of heavy metal/gegenpressen force hasn't cost us anything at all in terms of goals scored and has made us look far more solid defensively.

It's just tiring reading all the 'we need more goals from midfield' bollocks that has been going on in the forums for the past few days/weeks. Henderson having scored one now doesn't change that. Yes, Chamberlain and Keita are far more likely to have a pop at goal than Wijnaldum and Henderson, no doubt about that. Yes, Chamberlain and Keita are far more likely to score 5-10 goals a season than Wijnaldum and Henderson, no doubt about that. How many goals will we concede though because we play differently? The extra goals scored need to be offset against the extra goals conceded, because we will concede more goals in a set up with for example Keita and Chamberlain. If people want to go back to the 13/14 season, which by all means was an incredible season in terms of goals scored, be my guest, but it won't win us the league.

We have a clear plan A: tactical displicine and a hard-working midfield that provides the platform for our two full-backs and three attacking players to thrive. That's what Klopp and the team work on on a daily basis. Playing a midfield three of Fabinho, Keita and Chamberlain (as quite a few people have been asking for) isn't just doing some 'minor tweaks' to the system, it's throwing the entire system out of the window and doing something entirely different. Any other team than Genk would've scored 3 or 4 in that game on Wednesday. We got lucky. You want more goals from midfield? That's perfectly fine, but then you can't have Robertson and Trent playing the way they do and combined having near 30 assists and a couple of goals a season. Yet when we will be having more goals from midfield, the same people will probably start asking for our full-backs to chip in with a couple of goals and assists too. It's one of the other, you can't have both without being wide open.

The advantage to having both Keita and Chamberlain is that, if needed, we can switch things up and play more attacking. However, there's no need to do that when plan A has won us f**king 97 points last season and has us off to a 28 out of 30 points start this season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #472: Oct 27, 2019 07:52:14 pm
      I don’t really worry too much anymore when we get down or start off slow. Now I did feel like it was going to be one of those days with their keeper. He looked like a world beater out there. We easily could have had 2 or 3 more goals that he really had no business saving.

Klopp has this squad dialed in and knows exactly what each game needs.

These reds are something to watch.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #473: Oct 27, 2019 08:02:27 pm
      You haven't got a f**king clue mate. Look at the performance at Genk. Look at what happens when Wijnaldum doesn't play in midfield. Huge f**king gaps all over the place. He keeps that midfield together like no one else in our squad can. Fabinho and Wijnaldum are the first two midfield picks for me. Don't care who plays alongside them generally.

I can’t believe people would consider leaving out Wijnaldum - he is an incredible player. Your post is nailed on, Fabinho and Wijnaldum are our best midfielders
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #474: Oct 27, 2019 08:08:26 pm

spot on buddy
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #475: Oct 27, 2019 08:09:20 pm
      Thoroughly, THOROUGHLY deserved victory over a cheating, diving and cynical side. All their negative tricks didn't stop our team of better footballers from creating chance after chance and only a string of outstanding saves from their keeper kept it from being a much more comfortable win.

Not a weak link in the team for me.

All trains running on schedule.
      « Last Edit: Oct 27, 2019 11:09:12 pm by Robby The Z »
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #476: Oct 27, 2019 08:09:50 pm
      I mean, I get annoyed and groan too when players get off to a dodgy start, today it was Henderson, but I'll groan at the lot of them if they play badly.

The thing is that sacrificing a fair bit of heavy metal/gegenpressen force hasn't cost us anything at all in terms of goals scored and has made us look far more solid defensively.

It's just tiring reading all the 'we need more goals from midfield' bollocks that has been going on in the forums for the past few days/weeks. Henderson having scored one now doesn't change that. Yes, Chamberlain and Keita are far more likely to have a pop at goal than Wijnaldum and Henderson, no doubt about that. Yes, Chamberlain and Keita are far more likely to score 5-10 goals a season than Wijnaldum and Henderson, no doubt about that. How many goals will we concede though because we play differently? The extra goals scored need to be offset against the extra goals conceded, because we will concede more goals in a set up with for example Keita and Chamberlain. If people want to go back to the 13/14 season, which by all means was an incredible season in terms of goals scored, be my guest, but it won't win us the league.

We have a clear plan A: tactical displicine and a hard-working midfield that provides the platform for our two full-backs and three attacking players to thrive. That's what Klopp and the team work on on a daily basis. Playing a midfield three of Fabinho, Keita and Chamberlain (as quite a few people have been asking for) isn't just doing some 'minor tweaks' to the system, it's throwing the entire system out of the window and doing something entirely different. Any other team than Genk would've scored 3 or 4 in that game on Wednesday. We got lucky. You want more goals from midfield? That's perfectly fine, but then you can't have Robertson and Trent playing the way they do and combined having near 30 assists and a couple of goals a season. Yet when we will be having more goals from midfield, the same people will probably start asking for our full-backs to chip in with a couple of goals and assists too. It's one of the other, you can't have both without being wide open.

The advantage to having both Keita and Chamberlain is that, if needed, we can switch things up and play more attacking. However, there's no need to do that when plan A has won us f**king 97 points last season and has us off to a 28 out of 30 points start this season.

Your point is true when teams allow our FBs so much space like today we need the 3 who started today . Think what people are saying is when we are given more space through the middle one of the 3 probably Henderson a midfielder is needed who can carry the ball like Ox or Naby
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #477: Oct 27, 2019 08:12:30 pm
      It is funny when Roy Keane goes in on someone. Just hammered Dele Alli. 'He thinks hes a Male model, he wants to go and have a look in the mirror'

One of the most overrated players in the league.

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #478: Oct 27, 2019 08:23:32 pm
      Thought we'd win, but that was a lot closer than I thought it would be.
      The early goal was ideal for them, they could lie deep and hit on the break. And they looked dangerous when they did - but credit our lads, we didn't let them get out too often.
      After going 1 down created LOTS of chances, should've gone in at least level at HT. Kept making chances in the 2nd half and really only got nervous when eventually went 2-1 up and they came at us with a bit of conviction - we went into 'lets make sure not to loose this' mode and they had some decent chances to equalise. Delighted to hear the final whistle and get the 3 points - massive WIN, they are tricky side, and will get points off some of the other top4, and after dropping a couple against Manure, good to get back to winning ways.
      Bit surprised Ox or Lallana didn't start [instead of Gini] but when you see how many chances we created, and the fact that we won, hard to argue.
      Thought TAA and Robbo were good going forward, and Fab was in form in the middle - but Mane is so quick and strong, won the peno, defends from the front, giving him my MOTM.
      Shout out to Hendo who always comes in for some level of stick, scored a REALLY important goal.
      Well done Jürgen, gap is back to six, happy days :)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #479: Oct 27, 2019 08:36:03 pm
      On another note...

Harry Kane really is the biggest cheat in football. Truly pathetic behaviour today from him, none of which will be picked up after all because he's England's rose.

No doubt he'd swear on his daughters life that he ain't a cheat though.

Maybe it's just me but i truly believe he is the King of Nobs,  he is a complete f***in n*b end, he went down today as if he got f***in pole axed, and screaming like a school girl, yet he's England's golden boy and apparently one of the best strikers in the world, 
      Don't make me f***in laugh, Big Girls Blouse is a more appropriate description,  and a diving cheating kunt to boot,
      Vardy ain't my cup of tea either but at least the fella is more of a bloke than  Harry f***in Wankstain,  pr**k !!

YNWA
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #480: Oct 27, 2019 08:57:25 pm
      One of the most overrated players in the league.

Sometimes I think has Alli gotten worse or has the league just got better?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #481: Oct 27, 2019 08:59:18 pm
      Sometimes I think has Alli gotten worse or has the league just got better?

Almost seems like he feels he deserves to be the focal point of that team without putting in the work to do so. Seems like he’s got a chip on his shoulder to me.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #482: Oct 27, 2019 08:59:35 pm
      Bit of a cliche perhaps but a few years ago we would have drawn or even lost that game. We were hammering them but just couldn't find the net. Maybe in season's past we wouldn't have had the belief to keep going but we certainly do now and in the end there's no doubt we thoroughly deserved all three points.

Think Fabi shades MOTM, had a good game sweeping up and moving us left and right to keep the pressure up. After errors from both of them leading to the goal Gini and Hendo improved in the second half as well.

Quick Reply