Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson
      1 (0.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      9 (7.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      7 (6.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (0.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.9%)
       Fabinho
      64 (56.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      15 (13.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      14 (12.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: Oct 31, 2019 06:22:57 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 33183 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Oct 28, 2019 05:46:14 pm
      I know, it seemed to happen on quite a regular basis a few years ago, must admit at one point I did start to worry that the universe had decided to redress the balance after Loris' howler against us last season!

This team are a different kettle of fish though. Didn't let it bother them, made their own luck & it paid off. Absolutely class

Honestly didnt bother me a lot once I saw their reaction to the goal and how we just kept on coming like a machine basically suffocated them . Such a good side its frightening at times Spurs are a million miles off us
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #530: Oct 28, 2019 06:21:57 pm
      Watched it again, and we really were very good for about 80 mins.

It seemed the intensity got to us a bit in the end, and we were tired.

Very good win against a tough side.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #531: Oct 28, 2019 06:26:09 pm
      Last season when Arsenal took the lead against us I remember being really irritated by Maitland-Niles’ celebration and was desperate for us to wipe it off his face...we did, 5-1.

Yesterday I was just as irritated and pissed off with the antics of the likes of Son, Rose and Sissoko with their desperation to time waste so early in the game so made the comeback win that little bit sweeter.
      Goes to show the level they are really at though compared to where they think they are. Clearly nervous they wouldn’t hold on for the win so had to resort to early time wasting.

A team that have been punching above their weight for too many years now, will be good to see them back to missing out on Champions League football and at their current rate, European football entirely.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #532: Oct 28, 2019 06:46:01 pm
      Very important win! Our winning mentality is brilliant. Everyone played well but Trent, Henderson and Fabinho were another class.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #533: Oct 28, 2019 08:25:08 pm
      I'm always honest, but what you said about me wouldn't be true would it? I'm not always negative, we have a fabulous team but we are making things harder for ourselves than they need to be.
      Look if you are happy winning games with last gasp goals all season then good for you, but I'd prefer for us to be winning comfortably, that the only real difference between us.

You complain about that fabulous team A LOT.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #534: Oct 28, 2019 11:14:51 pm
      Having now watched the match, I’ve come to the conclusion Lovren wasn’t as bad as I’d expected, or what some portrayed. That shot from Son that led to their goal was travelling. If Lovren shifts that 1 inch higher it goes over, and everyone says terrific defensive header 😳
      He still gives me the jitters but he wasn’t at all bad.
      Hendo lost the ball leading up to the goal, I think because he doesn’t know what he’s gonna do with the ball untill he actually receives it. He then has too many touches, over too long a time, before he moves it on.
      He was caught out two or three times like that. Top top players, constantly scan the pitch and have a mental picture in their head of where everyone is. They know what they are going to do before the ball gets to them. Hendo just isn’t that sharp.
      Aside from that, everyone played their part in a resounding win, with three real standout performances.
      If we had an attacking mid, as good as Fabinho is a defensive mid, we would be unbeatable.

Oh! Sorry, so far we are !

Great performance, massive win, three well deserved points.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #535: Oct 28, 2019 11:43:06 pm
      I can recall at least three other players that lost the ball in similar style to Henderson but aren't getting any stick. One of our better players yesterday, captaining us during an absolutely phenomenal sequence of league results.

I personally believe he plays within himself, sacrifices part of his game for the betterment of the team, to be Klopp's General on the pitch. Wish he was appreciated more.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #536: Oct 29, 2019 10:12:04 am
      It seemed the intensity got to us a bit in the end, and we were tired.
      Was it that or did we just sit back more, becoming more defensive as we had the lead? 

Milner & Gomez coming on might indicate this intention, but not sure TBH.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #537: Oct 29, 2019 12:53:31 pm
      Honestly didnt bother me a lot once I saw their reaction to the goal and how we just kept on coming like a machine basically suffocated them . Such a good side its frightening at times Spurs are a million miles off us

Mentality giants  :)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #538: Oct 29, 2019 01:36:49 pm
      Was it that or did we just sit back more, becoming more defensive as we had the lead? 

Milner & Gomez coming on might indicate this intention, but not sure TBH.

I think we were knackered.
      We'd been going full pelt for at least 75 mins.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #539: Oct 29, 2019 01:39:47 pm
      I can recall at least three other players that lost the ball in similar style to Henderson but aren't getting any stick. One of our better players yesterday, captaining us during an absolutely phenomenal sequence of league results.

I personally believe he plays within himself, sacrifices part of his game for the betterment of the team, to be Klopp's General on the pitch. Wish he was appreciated more.

Hving watched it again, I think Henderson was fouled.
      It wasn't shoulder to shoulder; their player went through the back of him.
      Then we had Gini left on his arse, and Fabinho not properly covering, as well as TAA trying to show Son down the outside, but getting beat on the inside, which happens regularly.

No player covered themselves in glory on their goal, but the reaction was excellent, especially from Henderson.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #540: Oct 29, 2019 01:39:53 pm
      You complain about that fabulous team A LOT.

I'm a perfectionist, I'll admit that, but I bet Klopp is the same, I certainly know Rafa was. ;-)

In all seriousness of course I'm enjoying where we are in the league and how we play, I just think with a few tweaks we could be even better.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #541: Oct 29, 2019 02:25:16 pm
      I'm a perfectionist, I'll admit that, but I bet Klopp is the same, I certainly know Rafa was. ;-)

In all seriousness of course I'm enjoying where we are in the league and how we play, I just think with a few tweaks we could be even better.

Sancho & Mbappe won't arrive until next year though. ;)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #542: Oct 29, 2019 02:29:08 pm

I'll leave it at this (and of course you are entitled to your opinions on here - that's what it's for), but here is what gets me so often with your posts.

Your comment quoted above "I just think with a few tweaks we could be even better." I don't think anyone, certainly not me, is going to find unreasonable. But instead you come in with, from after the match:

"All in all a hugely frustrating game to watch, we created so many chances but finished off so few, we really have to improve that, plus can we please give our forwards some strength training so that they aren't just meekly passing the ball to the keeper on most shots, get some power behind them and rifle them into the top corner please!"

This after what for many of us was a terrific win and a strong performance against one of or more difficult opponents in the league. That, and other posts like it, are what get me. I don't Ignore you because I don't doubt you are really a supporter (well sometimes I doubt it, but I choose to believe you are). But the way you say things some time an be an ultimate buzzkill - and again I know, you are entitled.

Like I said, I'll leave it at that.

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #543: Nov 01, 2019 06:58:30 pm
      Seems to be a lot of penalties knocking about. We are getting our fair share. VAR is betwixt and between.One minute it's not a clear and obvious error the next game it is. No consistency. Maybe VAR should just be for offsides and goal line technology.

Penalty decisions are either made by the ref or the VAR panel and it's still a matter of opinion.It might become apparent as the season progresses that VAR and penalties don't really solve anything. And in a sense penalties should be left alone - part of the game.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #544: Nov 02, 2019 11:59:36 am
      Quote from LondonRed83
      City fans are deluded - just reading on their blue moon forum and they are absolutely convinced we have officiating in our pockets and get loads of penalties. I swear city and Liverpool have the same amount of pens since the start of last season.

Plus they think it wasn’t a pen today, what the F**k?! It was as clear penalty as you can get, Mane sensational his movement which Aurier has no clue what’s going on.

I really hope we F***ing beat those plastic slimey cu*ts in a couple of weeks and hope we get 3 pens in the game to really tip them over the edge.

Bunch of cu*ts

I read the BBC comments sections, but even with reasonable moderation, the vitriol thrown at us is ridiculous. I can only imagine what it's like on rival forums.  To think they still write us off when we were 1 point off a League and European Cup double 6 months ago, is beyond the bounds of the believable. 

Another opponent dismissed in our house. Next up, the Sheikhs next weekend. They have won once here since 1981. They have to come for the win and I can see our front three making mince meat of that makeshift defence by half time. Maybe then, the rest will get that we're serious.

In the meantime, we've got Aston Villa to deal with. Watch out Fabinho though, Moss is in the middle with his mate Atkinson, backing him up.

Quote from heimdall
      a hugely frustrating game to watch, we created so many chances but finished off so few, we really have to improve that, plus can we please give our forwards some strength training so that they aren't just meekly passing the ball to the keeper on most shots, get some power behind them and rifle them into the top corner please!

there are far to many games now where its almost more luck and hard work than skill winning us the games, that cannot continue, I want us to get back to winning games convincingly.

League Table
      1. Liverpool 28

2. Chasers... -6
      3. Chasers... -8

To you, it leaves much to be desired. With the likes of Brighton and Bournemouth and Watford lined up after the international break, maybe we might win a bit more convincingly for you then.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #545: Nov 05, 2019 05:00:04 pm
      More people in America watched this one than our game against united,https://worldsoccertalk.com/2019/11/03/watched-soccer-games-us-tv-october-22-27-2019/#comment-2185423.no idea how they do the numbers or if it includes those watching i pubs.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #546: Nov 05, 2019 05:15:53 pm
      More people in America watched this one than our game against united,https://worldsoccertalk.com/2019/11/03/watched-soccer-games-us-tv-october-22-27-2019/#comment-2185423.no idea how they do the numbers or if it includes those watching i pubs.

Thanks for posting this. The top numbers from English games being up there or above those from Mexico is an improvement that has transpired in the last 20 years or so, I'm sure. Not that Mexican fans don't ever watch English games but the demographics for those are likely quite distinct.

Guessing this Sunday smashes all of that, but as you say, it's hard to know what drives it altogether.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #547: Nov 05, 2019 05:47:11 pm
      Still not many city fans round here but yeah the neutrals will be all over it,love to see numbers for the streaming games.I guess not for this thread though.Is there a tv ratings thread somewhere?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #548: Nov 05, 2019 07:11:35 pm
      Still not many city fans round here but yeah the neutrals will be all over it,love to see numbers for the streaming games.I guess not for this thread though.Is there a tv ratings thread somewhere?

Wait, there are rules on these boards for posting on-topic?

;D

Quick Reply