Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. Arsenal (League Cup 4th Round) 30/10/19; 19:30

Read 15094 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. Arsenal (League Cup 4th Round) 30/10/19; 19:30
      Oct 28, 2019 01:02:36 am
      So are we thinking full rotation for this one? I am.

I reckon it will be
      Adrian
      Neco Williams, Gomez, Matip (or Lovren if Joel is not fit), Milner
      Lallana, Keita, Ox
      Origi, Brewster, Jones or Elliott.

The more I think about it I'd like for us to win this. Even with the change it's a strong side. Why not?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. Arsenal (League Cup 4th Round) 30/10/19; 19:30
      Reply #1: Oct 28, 2019 06:27:33 am

I reckon it will be
      Adrian
      Lallana, Keita, Ox

The more I think about it I'd like for us to win this. Even with the change it's a strong side. Why not?

We should go into win every match and trophy,we have got the squad and young players with enough ability to to challenge for every match.Just do us proud REDS and whip the ( Arse-nil )
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,537 posts | 2126 
      Reply #2: Oct 28, 2019 07:03:29 am
      It will be a full change of line up or thereabouts. Maybe Matip plays if fit? I would expect. I’d go

Adrian

Hoever     Gomez.   Lovren.   Milner

Lallana
                Ox.                     Keita

Elliot.                            Brewster
                             Origi
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #3: Oct 28, 2019 07:11:54 am
      We seem to have the wrong mentality in the domestic cups at the moment - I genuinely want to win one this season to add to Klopp’s trophy haul.

I think a nice mix of fringe and first teamers will do the trick.

Deffo want to AOC and Keita. Where’s Shaqiri?

Also would be good to see Lallana get minutes, plus that Hanover guy.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #4: Oct 28, 2019 08:55:21 am
      I think the team will be quite a strong one but bench players will be starting.

Arse are under pressure he will go for a strong team.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #5: Oct 28, 2019 10:29:20 am
      Does anyone have a feeling we will see Fab start this and be rested at the weekend against Villa? He is one booking away from a suspension and Klopp might not want to risk him missing the City game.

Elsewhere I expect to see a similar team to the MK dons game with the exception of Adrian and Origi starting.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #6: Oct 28, 2019 10:43:07 am
      Buzzing for this - managed to bag a few Main stand tickets in the local general sale Friday so my bird & her little brother will be coming along for their first match.

For that reason half of me hopes we throw all of the big guns out and go full pelt, but my sensible head is hoping a few players are rested so they're fresh for Villa on Saturday!

Think we'll be too much for them whichever team we end up throwing out, fell apart yesterday against a really average Palace side & their seems to be all sorts going on behind the scenes with them - gonna go 4-1 to the reds!
      « Last Edit: Oct 28, 2019 11:21:43 am by TameImpala »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7: Oct 28, 2019 11:22:15 am
      The likes of Adrian, Gomez, Milner, Lallana, Ox, Keita, Origi will surely all start. It's just a question for me of do we add in the younger boys or do we add in some of the usual suspects to play with them?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #8: Oct 28, 2019 11:58:12 am
      The likes of Adrian, Gomez, Milner, Lallana, Ox, Keita, Origi will surely all start. It's just a question for me of do we add in the younger boys or do we add in some of the usual suspects to play with them?

We should definitely play Hoever, Elliot, and Brewster also. I'd go with...

Adrian

Hoever     Gomez    Lovren     Milly

Lallana      Keita

Ox

Elliot       Brewster      Origi
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #9: Oct 28, 2019 12:03:28 pm
      Id like to see a mix of regular and fringe players for this match, keep the momentum of winning going. I'd definitely have some one of our regular forwards playing plus Virgil at the back marshalling the defence.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #10: Oct 28, 2019 12:21:43 pm
      Hoever is in brazil with the dutch under 17's
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,434 posts | 1731 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #11: Oct 28, 2019 12:25:00 pm

I reckon it will be
      Adrian
      Lallana, Keita, Ox

Yes, probably very similar team to last round.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #12: Oct 28, 2019 12:56:23 pm
      We seem to have the wrong mentality in the domestic cups at the moment - I genuinely want to win one this season to add to Klopp’s trophy haul.

I think a nice mix of fringe and first teamers will do the trick.

Deffo want to AOC and Keita. Where’s Shaqiri?

Also would be good to see Lallana get minutes, plus that Hanover guy.

Shaq tore a calf muscle and I don't think will be ready for this - hasn't resumed full training yet.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: Oct 28, 2019 12:57:46 pm
      It will be a full change of line up or thereabouts. Maybe Matip plays if fit? I would expect. I’d go

Adrian

Lallana

Origi

Hoever is in Brazil for the U17 World Cup. He played 90 minutes last night and his team lost 3-0 to Japan in the first group game, so maybe he won't be gone long. I guess the club are obligated to let him leave if the national team asks since it is a FIFA event. Bad timing for him though.
      rossyred

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #14: Oct 28, 2019 02:03:31 pm
      Does anyone have a feeling we will see Fab start this and be rested at the weekend against Villa? He is one booking away from a suspension and Klopp might not want to risk him missing the City game.

Elsewhere I expect to see a similar team to the MK dons game with the exception of Adrian and Origi starting.

I was thinking the exact same and rest him at Villa. People may think that would be detrimental  to us winning the game but playing in midfield and being worried about being booked could also have a negative impact
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1464 
      Reply #15: Oct 28, 2019 02:16:35 pm
      I was thinking the exact same and rest him at Villa. People may think that would be detrimental  to us winning the game but playing in midfield and being worried about being booked could also have a negative impact

What happens if Fab gets himself booked in this match? Does he rest against villa and will be available again for City?
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1464 
      Reply #16: Oct 28, 2019 02:19:04 pm

Adrian

Lallana

Origi

Still looks strong after a so called "full change".
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #17: Oct 28, 2019 02:25:09 pm
      What happens if Fab gets himself booked in this match? Does he rest against villa and will be available again for City?
      Wouldn’t matter, yellow cards only tally up in the competition they are given so he would not be suspended for being booked in the cup. However, yes I think resting him against Villa may be the plan.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Reply #18: Oct 28, 2019 02:39:59 pm
      Arsenal's last two results suggest to me that Unai Emery will play a stronger team than if they had won their last two games.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Reply #19: Oct 28, 2019 02:41:49 pm

Didn't know about all this.  Fabinho is one player you want playing in the Man City game.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #20: Oct 28, 2019 02:43:02 pm

Am all for leaving him out against Villa. He may have played more minutes than anyone in the team this season so no trouble leaving him out of back-to-back matches.

In the old days League Cup cards would carry over for league matches, but it's not that way anymore is it?

(EDIT - I see ConZs post now) - He's definitely sitting out the Arsenal game Wednesday, the question will be the Villa game.

People can argue for him to be careful but I don't like players thinking about anything other than going all out when they are fielded for a match. Go ahead and give him two matches off prior to City.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #21: Oct 28, 2019 02:56:06 pm
      Training pics from today out on the official site. No sign of Matip in any of them so I think he will not be involved Wednesday.

Elliott, Jones, Brewster, Neco Williams appear set to feature - have been with the first team in training fairly often of late.

I noticed more kids drafted in for training today, probably for the bench. I saw Sepp Van den Berg (could he start alongside Gomez?), Leighton Clarkson, Pedro Chirivella, Herbie Kane, Jake Cain, Elijah Dixon-Bonner.

Just re-checking those pics, and I hate to bring this up, but I didn't see any sign of Adam Lallana either.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #22: Oct 28, 2019 02:59:11 pm
      Wouldn’t matter, yellow cards only tally up in the competition they are given so he would not be suspended for being booked in the cup. However, yes I think resting him against Villa may be the plan.

Yes we need him a hell of lot more against City than Villa. Against Villa I'd play Hendo in that role with Keita and Ox ahead of him, really go for the jugular and get a big win.

Quick Reply