Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. Arsenal (League Cup 4th Round) 30/10/19; 19:30

Read 15087 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,102 posts | 884 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. Arsenal (League Cup 4th Round) 30/10/19; 19:30
      Reply #46: Oct 29, 2019 01:24:32 pm
      F**k Lovren play him and dont play Gomez. Lovren is an accident wsitingvto happen
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,248 posts | 2848 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #47: Oct 29, 2019 01:25:00 pm
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #48: Oct 29, 2019 01:29:47 pm
      Wholesale changes i think.

kelleher

Hoever     Gomez.   Lovren.   Milner

Lallana
                Ox.                     Keita

Elliot.                            Brewster
                             Origi

Would like to win just to keep momentum going, but not at the risk if injuries or tiredness to first team players.  We have a big few games coming up not to mention the world Club comp.

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #49: Oct 29, 2019 01:34:32 pm
      Wholesale changes i think.

kelleher

Hoever     Gomez.   Lovren.   Milner

Lallana
                Ox.                     Keita

Elliot.                            Brewster
                             Origi

Would like to win just to keep momentum going, but not at the risk if injuries or tiredness to first team players.  We have a big few games coming up not to mention the world Club comp.

YNWA

In that case why risk any bench midfielders, can we not just play the under 19's or something. Honestly this kind of thing bloody annoys me. We are in the last 16 of a trophy against a pretty good team, if we field our B/C team then how the hell do we expect to win the match. If we take the position that we don't care about this cup, which would be kind of understandable, then why enter it at all?
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #50: Oct 29, 2019 01:40:50 pm
      In that case why risk any bench midfielders, can we not just play the under 19's or something. Honestly this kind of thing bloody annoys me. We are in the last 16 of a trophy against a pretty good team, if we field our B/C team then how the hell do we expect to win the match. If we take the position that we don't care about this cup, which would be kind of understandable, then why enter it at all?

I take your point, but what would you say if Klopp played full first team and we got injuries to Bobby & Mane that kept them out for 2 to 3 weeks?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #51: Oct 29, 2019 01:47:27 pm

I take your point, but what would you say if Klopp played full first team and we got injuries to Bobby & Mane that kept them out for 2 to 3 weeks?

I don't want a full strength team, but a nice mix, rotating the senior players in and out as needed.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 43 
      Reply #52: Oct 29, 2019 02:25:34 pm
      After Pep’s presser I think this could be the team against Arsenal..

Kelleher

Williams
      Gomez
      Lovren
      Milner (c)

Oxlade-Chamberlain
      Fabinho
      Keita

Lallana
      Origi
      Jones

Subs:

Adrian
      Van Den Berg
      Larouci
      Chirivella
      Kane
      Elliott
      Brewster

Not sure if Fabinho will take part, if he doesn’t I can see Lallana dropping back as number 6, and Elliott starting on the right, then another youngster being on the bench.

Arsenal will rotate, as we know, but are still a threat but I can see us winning this 3-1.

⚽️⚽️
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #53: Oct 29, 2019 02:29:08 pm

Kelleher

Williams
      Gomez
      Lovren
      Milner (c)

Oxlade-Chamberlain
      Fabinho
      Keita

Lallana
      Origi
      Jones

Subs:

Adrian
      Van Den Berg
      Larouci
      Chirivella
      Kane
      Elliott
      Brewster

Not sure if Fabinho will take part, if he doesn’t I can see Lallana dropping back as number 6, and Elliott starting on the right, then another youngster being on the bench.

Arsenal will rotate, as we know, but are still a threat but I can see us winning this 3-1.

⚽️⚽️

Would like to see Elliott & Brewster start but the mix is about right & Kelleher will start.

Kelleher

Williams      Gomez       Lovren       Milner

Lallana
                    Ox                       Keita

Elliott                   Origi              Brewster
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #54: Oct 29, 2019 02:41:28 pm

Kelleher

Williams
      Gomez
      Lovren
      Milner (c)

Oxlade-Chamberlain
      Fabinho
      Keita

Lallana
      Origi
      Jones

Subs:

Adrian
      Van Den Berg
      Larouci
      Chirivella
      Kane
      Elliott
      Brewster

⚽️⚽️

Very close but I expect Fabinho to be rested as well, so Lallana moves there as you say and i'm sure Brewster will start. Probably Elijah Dixon-Bonner is the player added to the bench. My only remaining question then is if Jürgen would give Van den Berg a debut and rest Lovren as well.

A few clues may come in a few hours from the team playing in the FA Trophy. It was a mostly U18 team last time for that competition, but the U23s kept out are likely meant to be in the squad tomorrow for the League Cup. I notice the official site has a feature article on Curtis Jones and what  starting at Anfield for the first time with the first team would mean to him, so good shout there.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #55: Oct 29, 2019 02:47:43 pm
      Elliot looked good last time out and was very unlucky not to score, lots of potential being spoken about with him so hopefully he will be starting again
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8429 
      Reply #56: Oct 29, 2019 04:39:35 pm
      Play the kids, give them the chance to impress what will probably be a near full house. Would be great to see them pull off a result.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #57: Oct 29, 2019 05:36:03 pm
      Like that team, maybe Joe shift to RB and Sepp Van den Berg start at CB.
      Ki-Jana Hoever being away with the Netherlands at the Under-17 World Cup.

Ok then, I agree.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,102 posts | 884 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #58: Oct 29, 2019 06:09:57 pm
      Got to play Gomez, or if I was him I'd be off
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #59: Oct 29, 2019 06:12:25 pm
      Wholesale changes for this one with emphasis on youth. The chance of playing in front of a capacity crowd against Arsenal is something many young footballers out there cohod only dream of.

That we need our squad fresh is imperative. I wouldn't even choose Chamberlain or Keita for this one though I think Jürgen will.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #60: Oct 29, 2019 06:14:12 pm
      Elliot looked good last time out and was very unlucky not to score, lots of potential being spoken about with him so hopefully he will be starting again

Agree, I like him, just not his hair do.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #61: Oct 29, 2019 07:01:13 pm
      Would of thought Adrian should play this personally needs game time to be on his toes if Injury to Alison
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #62: Oct 29, 2019 08:03:04 pm
      I think Arse are gonna go for this with a strong side. Emery needs to get the fans back on side so will do his best to win it.
      We will need to be half decent to beat them, too many youngsters in may backfire I think.
      All depends on how inportant it is to Jürgen really.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #63: Oct 29, 2019 08:14:57 pm
      Got to play Gomez, or if I was him I'd be off

Off to where? Did guy forget the two major injuries he sustained on our books and the club stood by him? Stupid comment to make especially given we’re down to 3 cbs for 6 weeks now.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #64: Oct 29, 2019 10:04:32 pm

would like to see Elliot play for Lpool rather himself, but suppose its hard at his age.  Fair play. Hope he play also
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #65: Oct 29, 2019 10:27:21 pm
      Would of thought Adrian should play this personally needs game time to be on his toes if Injury to Alison

Pep naming Kelleher as the starter surprised me a bit as well.

The more I think about it, it sounds like even Lovren will be rested, with Van den Berg starting alongside Gomez. Leighton Clarkson didn't play in the FA Trophy game tonight but Dixon-Bonner did, so now I expect it to be:

Kelleher

N. Williams, Gomez, Van den Berg, Milner
      Lallana, Keita, Ox
      Origi, Brewster, Jones
      Subs: Lonergan, Larouci, Chirivella (he's allowed to play now, yes? - ir not, then Morgan Boyes), Kane, Clarkson, Longstaff, Elliott
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #66: Oct 29, 2019 11:16:02 pm
      Pep naming Kelleher as the starter surprised me a bit as well.

The more I think about it, it sounds like even Lovren will be rested, with Van den Berg starting alongside Gomez. Leighton Clarkson didn't play in the FA Trophy game tonight but Dixon-Bonner did, so now I expect it to be:

Kelleher

N. Williams, Gomez, Van den Berg, Milner
      Lallana, Keita, Ox
      Origi, Brewster, Jones
      Subs: Lonergan, Larouci, Chirivella (he's allowed to play now, yes? - ir not, then Morgan Boyes), Kane, Clarkson, Longstaff, Elliott

Well Robbie, do you expect that line up to beat a full strength Arsenal side, because I think that’s what we’ll be facing.
      Think there may be 1 or 2 changes due to the recent rows, but I think they will badly want to win this to get the fans back on side.
      Gonna be a tough game. Hope we don’t underestimate them.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #67: Oct 30, 2019 02:42:33 am
      Well Robbie, do you expect that line up to beat a full strength Arsenal side, because I think that’s what we’ll be facing.
      Think there may be 1 or 2 changes due to the recent rows, but I think they will badly want to win this to get the fans back on side.
      Gonna be a tough game. Hope we don’t underestimate them.

Agree it will be a tough game. I Don't think it's about estimating Arsenal, just rotating the squad with the full season and the bigger prizes in mind. It keeps other players sharp and gives a true baptism of fire to younger talent.

Emery did confirm Luiz, Aubemayang, Chambers and Xhaka are all going to miss, so not exactly their first choice team either.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,434 posts | 1731 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #68: Oct 30, 2019 07:06:41 am
      If anyone is shocked at the kids playing tonight, they need to pay more attention to what klopp and other staff have been saying.

The squad will be used 100%, senior guys who haven't played much will 100% start like the ox, naby, gomez, lallana, the rest will be u23 players and probably Milner at LB as captain.

Quick Reply