Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. Arsenal (League Cup 4th Round) 30/10/19; 19:30

Read 15150 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. Arsenal (League Cup 4th Round) 30/10/19; 19:30
      Reply #23: Oct 28, 2019 05:43:32 pm
      Am all for leaving him out against Villa. He may have played more minutes than anyone in the team this season so no trouble leaving him out of back-to-back matches.

In the old days League Cup cards would carry over for league matches, but it's not that way anymore is it?

(EDIT - I see ConZs post now) - He's definitely sitting out the Arsenal game Wednesday, the question will be the Villa game.

People can argue for him to be careful but I don't like players thinking about anything other than going all out when they are fielded for a match. Go ahead and give him two matches off prior to City.

Could play him against Arsenal then if they dont  count and would still have 10 days rest be surprised  if he didnt play any of the two games prior to Shitty
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #24: Oct 28, 2019 07:22:44 pm
      Training pics from today out on the official site. No sign of Matip in any of them so I think he will not be involved Wednesday.

Elliott, Jones, Brewster, Neco Williams appear set to feature - have been with the first team in training fairly often of late.

I noticed more kids drafted in for training today, probably for the bench. I saw Sepp Van den Berg (could he start alongside Gomez?), Leighton Clarkson, Pedro Chirivella, Herbie Kane, Jake Cain, Elijah Dixon-Bonner.

Just re-checking those pics, and I hate to bring this up, but I didn't see any sign of Adam Lallana either.

i thought Brewster might have a knock cos he didn't play for the u-23's at the weekend and wasn't on the bench so good he's training.i guess Harvey Elliot's suspension is over?Game is on espn plus streaming only over here,F**k espn.hope to F**k they don't get the champions league rights.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #25: Oct 28, 2019 07:23:45 pm
      NB: Team no longer available
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #26: Oct 28, 2019 08:06:37 pm
      Matip out for 6 weeks according  to sources time for Joe to step up to the plate
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27: Oct 28, 2019 08:29:30 pm

i thought Brewster might have a knock cos he didn't play for the u-23's at the weekend and wasn't on the bench so good he's training.i guess Harvey Elliot's suspension is over?Game is on espn plus streaming only over here,f**k espn.hope to f**k they don't get the champions league rights.

They are in a tailspin still and I doubt those American TV rights are getting any cheaper, so they shouldn't be too much of a factor.

Yes, it will LFC radio, hiding under my desk for me again I'm afraid.
      Guruji
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts | 55 
      Reply #28: Oct 28, 2019 10:01:41 pm
      Adrian; Gomez, Van Den Berg, Lovren, Milner; Lallana, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Elliott, Brewster, Origi

Subs: Kelleher, TAA, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Salah, Firmino, Mane

Rest Alisson, van Dijk, Robbo & Fabinho
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #29: Oct 28, 2019 10:27:11 pm
      Fabinho at CB maybe?
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #30: Oct 28, 2019 11:14:41 pm
      Play the exact line up (except those who are injured / WC duty) as our last league cup game. For me, CL and PL titles are a must to compete for. With all due respect, I don't care too much for this Cup competition.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #31: Oct 29, 2019 03:54:26 am
      I think we will play a lot of guys who have not seen many minutes (Gomez, Ketia, Lallana, Ox, Origi etc) but I wouldn't be surprised to a someone like Hendo or Fabinho starting in the middle. With Arsenal in shambles they will be looking to win this one to get some positive vibes going so I expect a pretty strong line-up.

----------------Adrian---------------
      Milner--Gomez----Lovren--Larouci
      ------Ox-----Fabinho-----Ketia-----
      --Lallana------Origi-----Brewster-

Subs: Alisson, VvD, TAA, Hendo, Gini, Elliot, Mane

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #32: Oct 29, 2019 04:48:28 am

Like that team, maybe Joe shift to RB and Sepp Van den Berg start at CB.
      Ki-Jana Hoever being away with the Netherlands at the Under-17 World Cup.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #33: Oct 29, 2019 05:36:21 am
      Close to the same team as the last round. It's the only chance for our youngsters to get some game time, and they'll still give Arsenal a game. Might lose this one by a slight margin, but you never know, some players have a point to prove.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34: Oct 29, 2019 09:02:38 am
      Close to the same team as the last round. It's the only chance for our youngsters to get some game time, and they'll still give Arsenal a game. Might lose this one by a slight margin, but you never know, some players have a point to prove.

So if I understand that right you think its better for our youngsters to get a run out and for us to lose than to progress, that's bizarre thinking. I actually want us to win a domestic cup again at some point and Arsenal have some very good youngsters so if we want to get to the next round then we'll need a good mix of experience and youth in this match.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #35: Oct 29, 2019 09:26:26 am
      I think Arsenal will play a decent team for this. They're in need of a win at the moment and to get one at Anfield (regardless of the quality of the opposition) would be a decent morale booster for them. A domestic cup would keep a bit of pressure off Emery too so it makes sense for them not to wave the white flag in terms of selection. Hope to see one of the front 3 start (probably Bobby), with a view to taking him off around the 60 minute mark.

Looks like it's going to be Lovren & Gomez centre half & I imagine one of those two will be partnering Van Dijk at the weekend. Whoever that is maybe replace with Fabinho at the hour mark? I've always thought with games like this it's best to start off with a fairly decent side and then if all goes to plan get you can drop down a gear / take people off once the game is (hopefully) in the bag
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #36: Oct 29, 2019 09:28:23 am
      Like many fans I reckon we should give this competition a go. Not too sure what sort of side will be picked. Almost impossible to predict the score.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #37: Oct 29, 2019 10:13:53 am
      So if I understand that right you think its better for our youngsters to get a run out and for us to lose than to progress, that's bizarre thinking. I actually want us to win a domestic cup again at some point and Arsenal have some very good youngsters so if we want to get to the next round then we'll need a good mix of experience and youth in this match.

But what if we win with these kids? I'd said we'd still give them a game, we could win. Can't risk any injuries to main players.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #38: Oct 29, 2019 10:43:39 am
      Simple for me really - we’ve got the midfield depth but we simply don’t have the depth up top or at full back to challenge across all competitions.

With the extra trip to Qatar coming up, we’ve got to rest up in games like this and play the kids. We will still have an experienced midfield and the likes of Origi as well so we’ll give them a good game (I do expect Arsenal to do well though - their fringe players are probably sharper than ours given they play in the Europa League).
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #39: Oct 29, 2019 11:43:32 am
      But what if we win with these kids? I'd said we'd still give them a game, we could win. Can't risk any injuries to main players.

Yes playing youngsters doesn't guarantee we lose the game. It's up to the individual to believe so. And if the belief is so strong I suggest these people put the money where their mouths are and make a big bet according to their conviction.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #40: Oct 29, 2019 12:02:38 pm
      We should definitely play Hoever, Elliot, and Brewster also. I'd go with...

Adrian

Hoever     Gomez    Lovren     Milly

Lallana      Keita

Ox

Elliot       Brewster      Origi

Same team but Brewster through the middle. Would not mind Jones starting either.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #41: Oct 29, 2019 12:20:26 pm
      Talk of an even younger team than last round. cant see Lovren being risked of Matip is out for 6 weeks.

so Expect to see Van den Berg start with Gomez.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #42: Oct 29, 2019 12:58:47 pm
      Rolling forward to the Villa game and I see they have a derby game against Wolves, so i can't see them making wholesale changes. I dont think we should write this one off with too many academy players.

By all means play some alongside the likes of Gomez, Milner, Lallana, Ox and Origi but if we go too far then the only result I see is a defeat.

The team also has to have some balance and a midfield of Keita, Ox, Lallana is pretty open if Milner is going to play full back. 

Ideally I'd want Milner in the midfield to offer some solidity in there with full backs coming from the youth teams. I hear Hoever is in Brazil so that's a shame.

I'm expecting Arsenal to field a strong team as this will probably be as good as it gets for them, alongside another run in the Europa.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #43: Oct 29, 2019 01:04:59 pm
      In the end whoever plays will be because Klopp has all the facts at his disposal on player fitness and he will know who needs rest and who needs minutes. He will also do his best to balance rest of key players to getting a result.

When we play Arsenal in this cup theres always goals and drama and I'm expecting it again on Wednesday.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #44: Oct 29, 2019 01:13:08 pm
      Just seen on Twitter Kellher is confirmed to start by Pep Linders
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #45: Oct 29, 2019 01:22:20 pm
      Just seen on Twitter Kellher is confirmed to start by Pep Linders

Kind of makes sense given he played the first game, would have preferred Adrian though but I expect he will likely play early in the FA Cup.

Hope to see a better performance from Brewster this time. He needs these games to start showing what he can do but may as well have not been playing against MK Dons he was that anonymous.

Quick Reply