Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. Arsenal (League Cup 4th Round) 30/10/19; 19:30

Read 15092 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. Arsenal (League Cup 4th Round) 30/10/19; 19:30
      Reply #69: Oct 30, 2019 07:43:09 am
      Hopefully some of the 1st X1 will be on the bench if required but looking increasingly like that wont be the case and understandably really can see why fans want more silverware but bigger picture is the full season and the PL and CL. Got tickets for this so will be nice to see some of the fringe players and what they have got
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,222 posts | 747 
      Reply #70: Oct 30, 2019 09:14:17 am
      It would be a nice gesture to the fans, to reduce prices for this match. After all they will only see a half strength side playing tonight.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #71: Oct 30, 2019 09:49:01 am
      It would be a nice gesture to the fans, to reduce prices for this match. After all they will only see a half strength side playing tonight.

Paid £9 for mine! but that was in the local general sale & it's up in the gods in the corner of the main stand.

The domestic cups are cheaper but I think it's only by about 30% - Think they should knock a bit more off as it's common knowledge that Klopp is never going to field anywhere close to a full team (for these rounds at least)

That being said though there still seems to be massive demand as it's a sellout according to the website
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #72: Oct 30, 2019 09:54:59 am
      Got to play Gomez, or if I was him I'd be off

:lmao: :lmao:

He's fell slightly down the pecking order because he's put in a few poor performances after breaking his leg. That's football

He's 21 years of age and on the cusp of the first team for a club which has just won the european cup and has the potential to dominate for the next decade.

"Thanks but no thanks Mr Klopp, I'm off Bournemouth"  :mad:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #73: Oct 30, 2019 10:24:56 am
      Hopefully some of the 1st X1 will be on the bench if required but looking increasingly like that wont be the case and understandably really can see why fans want more silverware but bigger picture is the full season and the PL and CL. Got tickets for this so will be nice to see some of the fringe players and what they have got

So why is it Citeh field a half strength team yesterday, was that a risk by Pep, playing Aguero, Jesus etc. Yes possibly beut because of it they are through to the next round, we should do something similar field a mix of senior and junior players. If we really dont care about this competition then why enter it at all?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,222 posts | 747 
      Reply #74: Oct 30, 2019 10:31:52 am
      Paid £9 for mine! but that was in the local general sale & it's up in the gods in the corner of the main stand.

The domestic cups are cheaper but I think it's only by about 30% - Think they should knock a bit more off as it's common knowledge that Klopp is never going to field anywhere close to a full team (for these rounds at least)

That being said though there still seems to be massive demand as it's a sellout according to the website

Feel it is only fair loyal fans should be rewarded, by the club, in reducing  admission prices, as you say in earlier stages, of a competition, that is not a priority to the manager or club. Although seemingly with the demand for tickets high, 30% is at least something.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #75: Oct 30, 2019 10:44:53 am
      So why is it Citeh field a half strength team yesterday, was that a risk by Pep, playing Aguero, Jesus etc. Yes possibly beut because of it they are through to the next round, we should do something similar field a mix of senior and junior players. If we really dont care about this competition then why enter it at all?
      Pretty sure we will mate, I wouldn’t worry about it. Would be surprised if Milner, Lallana, Keita, Ox, Gomez and Origi don’t all start.
      rossyred

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #76: Oct 30, 2019 10:49:48 am

We will play players like Keita, Origi, Ox and Gomez as well as Milner and lallana so there is over half of the team who would walk into many other sides. I would have picked Adrian personally  but that side with a few less experienced  players is good enough to beat Arsenal at home with the changes they will also make
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1464 
      Reply #77: Oct 30, 2019 10:53:51 am
      We should be winning 4-0 or more because I'm obsessed with City. They won 3-1 so we must outdo them. We're not playing Arsenal. Our main rival is City.  :mad:

It's not about winning. It's about pride and outdoing City.  :angel:
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #78: Oct 30, 2019 10:56:29 am
      If Arsenal put out a full strength side then it will be a close game against our probable weakened side. They seem to be imploding and expect to add to their misery.  3-1 the reds!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,222 posts | 747 
      Reply #79: Oct 30, 2019 11:28:29 am
      We should be winning 4-0 or more because I'm obsessed with City. They won 3-1 so we must outdo them. We're not playing Arsenal. Our main rival is City.  :mad:

That is one of the reasons, that I would like us to retain the CL trophy, to deny City the chance of winning their first European cup.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #80: Oct 30, 2019 12:26:51 pm
      Why are some of you guys obsessed with what City do, F**k City, LFC are the club that deserves all of your undivided attention, who gives a F**k what they do, who they play how they fair,
      You lot sound like the bitters or worse Scum fans,

The only club that matters to me is Liverpool,  oh and Liverpool reserves,  U23, U18, etc

I can't and won't understand why some folk seem more interested in other clubs rather than the one who they supposedly support 100%.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,222 posts | 747 
      Reply #81: Oct 30, 2019 01:08:34 pm
      Why are some of you guys obsessed with what City do, F**k City, LFC are the club that deserves all of your undivided attention, who gives a F**k what they do, who they play how they fair,

The only club that matters to me is Liverpool,  oh and Liverpool reserves,  U23, U18, etc

I can't and won't understand why some folk seem more interested in other clubs rather than the one who they supposedly support 100%.

Fair enough Billy, lets take another step closer to winning more silverware tonight by beating the Arse tonight !
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #82: Oct 30, 2019 01:16:40 pm
      Kelleher
      Hoever, Lovren, Gomez, Milner
      Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana
      Jones, Origi, Elliott

Expecting lots of changes, and from Arsenal too.
      But even though that's a big shuffle from the Prem XI, still has lots of experience starting.
      The 3 in midfield have more game time under their belts than in last round so would expect better performance.
      And think Elliot could become youngest player to start a match at Anfield.
      Brewster might even start ahead of Origi - will see.
      CMON BOYS!!!!!!!!! :)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #83: Oct 30, 2019 01:17:34 pm
      Fair enough Billy, lets take another step closer to winning more silverware tonight by beating the Arse tonight !

Yes. Because then we will have done something City didn't do.

:couch:

YNWA
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #84: Oct 30, 2019 01:18:56 pm

Doesn't look like any starters will be on the bench. He might even choose Andy Lonergan as backup keeper over Adrian.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #85: Oct 30, 2019 01:39:08 pm
      Making the trip tonight. Looking forward to seeing the non-regulars and youngsters.

As Pep 'Lijnders' said, they're hungry but need to show that they can hit the levels of the usual starting XI if they are to break in to the team in the future.

I'd love to see Rhian Brewster get his chance tonight under the lights.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #86: Oct 30, 2019 01:49:45 pm
      Making the trip tonight. Looking forward to seeing the non-regulars and youngsters.

As Pep 'Lijnders' said, they're hungry but need to show that they can hit the levels of the usual starting XI if they are to break in to the team in the future.

I'd love to see Rhian Brewster get his chance tonight under the lights.

I pasted Pep's comments in the Academy thread and someone else has the video in the Klopp thread as well as the Ljinders thread. He really emphasized not the young players' ability on the ball, but what they do about it when Liverpool DO NOT have the ball. Very insightful comments about the coaching staff evaluation criteria and just the mental and even spiritual component required to be a top player on a  Jürgen Klopp side.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #87: Oct 30, 2019 02:30:03 pm

i think ya man there is a pisstake sarcastic account.doesn't really work on the forum and comes across as a bit knobby like! Do think we are gonna get battered if we put out a scratch youth team assuming arsenal goes for a relatively strong team.Hopefully Jürgen made a phone call to sort it with them to play a young team as well.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #88: Oct 30, 2019 03:04:55 pm

Oh my sides are splitting, such wit.

Actually it is about outdoing City as they are our only realistic competition for the league title!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #89: Oct 30, 2019 04:13:34 pm
      For the 200th Time: Kijana Hoever will not be in the squad tonight. He is 8,841 miles away in Brazil for the U17 World Cup.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #90: Oct 30, 2019 04:34:12 pm
      For the 200th Time: Kijana Hoever will not be in the squad tonight. He is 8,841 miles away in Brazil for the U17 World Cup.

So he will be on the bench tonight ?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #91: Oct 30, 2019 04:35:39 pm
      One game from the quarter finals..just saying

Quick Reply