Trending Topics

Next match: Palace v LFC [Premier League] Sat 23rd Nov @ 3:00 pm
      Selhurst Park

Today is the 11th of November and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W12 D6 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      2 (2.2%)
      Neco Williams
      8 (8.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (2.2%)
      Sepp  van den Berg
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (2.2%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      10 (10.9%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.1%)
      Divock Origi
      62 (67.4%)
      Rhian Brewster
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      5 (5.4%)
      Pedro Chirivella
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Voting closed: Nov 03, 2019 09:36:24 pm

Liverpool 5-5 Arsenal (5-4 pens): In game and Post Match discussion

Read 3097 times
      verde-rubro
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 809 posts | 54 
      Re: Liverpool 5-5 Arsenal (5-4 pens): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #450: Nov 01, 2019 08:30:48 am
      No we can't. The senior players in that team need to go to Qatar as back up.

That's effectively saying you don't want to win the European Cup. If you don't achieve that, then you don't have to worry about playing the WCC.

But we did win the European Cup, and therefore I want to win the World Club Cup to go with it. I don't care how backwards the host nation is, that's for someone else to bang their head over. We're a football team with a job to do there and hopefully it will be a successful job.

I want the League Cup also, there is no choice in my mind. For far too long, this club has prioritised this cup over that cup and won no cup. In 6 months time, I want us to be English, European, and World Champions, with the trophies in our cabinet, the medals in our pockets, and the badges on our shirts to show them off to the rest of the world. That's a perfect world to me.

Spot on well said
      TameImpala
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 68 
      Reply #451: Nov 01, 2019 08:38:58 am

Well the first midweek break is when we'll play the quarterfinal. We'll see what happens after that but those kids last night ended up beating a team with a lot of first team footballers in it. I wouldn't  assume we'll lose just yet.

I didn't mean write off in terms of we'll put in a poor performance, I meant it as in I wouldn't be surprised if ended up not playing at all. As the next available slot is the date of the semi finals so I guess it's out of our hands and down to the EFL to accommodate us. The kids did well against Arsenal so I'm fairly confident of them getting a result away at Villa. Just have to wait and see!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,245 posts | 946 
      Reply #452: Nov 01, 2019 02:26:43 pm
      Were the regular starting players at the stadium to watch this game Wednesday? Klopp may have wanted home and resting or something. I don't recall seeing any of them in the seats behind the bench or whereever, but that doesn't mean they weren't there.

Anybody know?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,500 posts | 507 
      Reply #453: Nov 01, 2019 02:55:47 pm
      Were the regular starting players at the stadium to watch this game Wednesday? Klopp may have wanted home and resting or something. I don't recall seeing any of them in the seats behind the bench or whereever, but that doesn't mean they weren't there.

Anybody know?

Bobby Firmino was defo there,"c'mon Curtis lad"video kicking around and he was in the tunnel cam bit as well. 

found it.https://twitter.com/LFCVine/status/1189668963632009217?s=20
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,290 posts | 3740 
      Reply #454: Nov 01, 2019 04:47:03 pm
      I know Cardiff was much better than Wembley but it's not a Cardiff v Wembley debate is it? I was talking about Wembley v Qatar. Absolutely insane if you'd rather make that trip than have a day at Wembley

Won't be making an trip! I just want us to get our hands on a trophy we haven't won and the 'World Champions' shout.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,257 posts | 446 
      Reply #455: Nov 01, 2019 06:47:31 pm
      Knockabout stuff.Cracker by the lad Willock only for Origi to step up once again. Great save by Kelleher to set up the win. Beat Spurs and Arsenal in the same week.That'll do for the time being.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,643 posts | 507 
      Reply #456: Nov 02, 2019 12:01:05 pm
      Quote from TameImpala
      If we don't manage to get our quarter-final rearranged then we are going to forfeit the League Cup. We can't play in the midlands on the 17th & then in Qatar the day after, these are just simple facts. It's easy to say "I want to win everything" but if this is the case then it's literally impossible. If we manage to rearrange the League Cup game to a manageable slot then sound.

We will play the League Cup game. I don't know when, but we will play it. As ever, an alternative date will be found and it will be sorted. We won't be playing our strongest team anyway.

Winning the European Cup means we're automatically into the WCC, as the UEFA representative. We've been aware of this scenario since the final whistle was blown in Madrid, but we will deal with it when the time comes. As I said, I want the League Cup also, but there is no way I want to sacrifice the WCC. It doesn't come along every year, and all the biggest clubs across the globe have won this competition. It's about time we did.

People ask me regularly if I had a choice between this cup and that one, which would it be. I celebrate every trophy we win, there hasn't been many of them since we won in Dortmund. Barcelona won all 6 major trophies in a calendar year, about 10 years ago. So it's not impossible. Obviously I'm not expecting to win them all, but that doesn't mean I don't want to.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,289 posts | 1315 
      Reply #457: Nov 05, 2019 04:57:17 pm
      Confirmed now we are playing 2 games in 2 days with 2 seperate squads.

Pretty ridiculous really!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,830 posts | 3428 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #458: Nov 06, 2019 04:37:18 am
      Gonna have to play the kids in the next round. Think Ox should be the Captain for that game. He was very vocal in his post much presser about wanting to win the game and it was crap how we have to play 2 different sides, but he values the Cup and doesn't want us to give up on it just because of the circumstances.

Go on lad!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,245 posts | 946 
      Reply #459: Nov 06, 2019 05:18:33 pm
      Gonna have to play the kids in the next round. Think Ox should be the Captain for that game. He was very vocal in his post much presser about wanting to win the game and it was crap how we have to play 2 different sides, but he values the Cup and doesn't want us to give up on it just because of the circumstances.

Go on lad!

Only if he can play telepathically. He'll be on a different continent that night.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,830 posts | 3428 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #460: Nov 07, 2019 11:01:28 pm
      Only if he can play telepathically. He'll be on a different continent that night.

Got a feeling he won't go to the WCW mate...just a feeling.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,245 posts | 946 
      Reply #461: Nov 08, 2019 03:59:44 pm
      Got a feeling he won't go to the WCW mate...just a feeling.

I think every senior will go to Qatar unless it's somebody maybe just back from injury, but probably not even then.
      I mentioned on the other thread, I can see 33 separate starters for those three matches. I imagine as a club we accepted the dates only with the promise we won't get penalized for fielding a U23 team in the Villa match.

Quick Reply