Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      2 (2.2%)
      Neco Williams
      8 (8.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (2.2%)
      Sepp  van den Berg
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (2.2%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      10 (10.9%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.1%)
      Divock Origi
      62 (67.4%)
      Rhian Brewster
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      5 (5.4%)
      Pedro Chirivella
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Voting closed: Nov 03, 2019 09:36:24 pm

Liverpool 5-5 Arsenal (5-4 pens): In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31639 times
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: Liverpool 5-5 Arsenal (5-4 pens): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Oct 31, 2019 09:03:30 am
      Amazing game but hope we go out of this competition next round. What kills it is a home and away semi final. Who needs that after the hectic Christmas schedule? Especially not against citeh where you’d have to go strong
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #415: Oct 31, 2019 09:05:26 am
      Just out of interest, if you could pick one would you take the League Cup or the World Club Cup?

I'd go League Cup all day long.

Day out on the ale at Wembley against potentially Utd/Everton/City or a trip to a country where they lock people up for being homosexual to play a team you've never heard of. Tough question!
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #416: Oct 31, 2019 09:16:02 am
      And Origis goals have been the difference of winning important matches.Just as  well he extended his contract.

They were good goals but oh my lord that’s as bad a goalkeeping display I think I’ve seen from the arsenal keeper, he was horrendous. Should have saved both of Divocks
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #417: Oct 31, 2019 09:19:16 am
      I did not see the game tbh, only watched the highlights on Quest later. Seemingly brilliant response from the team after trailing 3  1, to go on and win in a penalty shoot out. Klopp seems to have instilled a never give up mentality into the whole squad, to never except defeat. Thought there where some great goals from Origi & the Ox, with Arsenal playing their part. Well done the young Reds !
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #418: Oct 31, 2019 09:29:56 am
      If we field the same team as yesterday then why would it be a problem, we really could effectively play two matches at the same time.

Principal I would guess as we should be able to field our strongest team if we did so desire to do so.

People might not like it but there's 3 teams left in this that I would really dislike to see lift the trophy

I do hope we can find a way to at least play in it, and also get some balance into midfield to at least give us a platform to be in the game at Villa Park.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #419: Oct 31, 2019 09:31:18 am
      Just out of interest, if you could pick one would you take the League Cup or the World Club Cup?

League Cup for me as well, no question.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #420: Oct 31, 2019 09:33:39 am
      I was convinced we’d get Everton in the next round, wrong, it’s Aston Villa away.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #421: Oct 31, 2019 09:34:21 am

Id go World Club Cup, more exposure worldwide and more prestigious, plus I'd guess more money.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #422: Oct 31, 2019 09:35:29 am
      They were good goals but oh my lord that’s as bad a goalkeeping display I think I’ve seen from the arsenal keeper, he was horrendous. Should have saved both of Divocks

In fairness Kelleher wasn't much better for us.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #423: Oct 31, 2019 09:44:47 am
      League Cup for me as well, no question.

Agree think the League cup is for the fans, whilst the latter, is seemingly a money spinner for the clubs.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #424: Oct 31, 2019 09:54:45 am
      In fairness Kelleher wasn't much better for us.

True don’t really get why Adrian didn’t play
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #425: Oct 31, 2019 09:54:57 am
      This is Anfield!

Unbeaten at home in the prem since April 2017.

Unbeaten at home in Europe in JK's entire reign.

A place where the might of Barcelona turn up with the best player in the world, leading 3-0, only to return to Catalonia crumpled & crushed.

A cathedral where a bunch of kids can line up, trail 1-3, 2-4 & 4-5 in giving away 5 goals and still come away with the victory!

THIS IS ANFIELD!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #426: Oct 31, 2019 09:55:09 am
      What is it about City always getting easy draws!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #427: Oct 31, 2019 10:04:24 am
      Id go World Club Cup, more exposure worldwide and more prestigious, plus I'd guess more money.

Not sure about that. If we played Man United in the final of the League Cup it would dwarf the WCC in terms of worldwide viewers
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #428: Oct 31, 2019 10:04:53 am
      Not sure about that. If we played Man United in the final of the League Cup it would dwarf the WCC in terms of worldwide viewers

Agreed - I literally couldn’t care about this World Cup thing
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #429: Oct 31, 2019 10:05:32 am
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #430: Oct 31, 2019 10:21:34 am
      Agreed - I literally couldn’t care about this World Cup thing

Yep same here. Competition doesn't sit right with me in general, ran by FIFA, played in dodgy parts of the World etc.

I was reading that when Utd had to drop out of the FA Cup to play in it, they initially wanted to drop out of the WCC instead. In the end they dropped out of the FA Cup because they were more or less blackmailed by FIFA who told the FA that England's 2006 World Cup bid would be hampered if they refused. Whole thing just stinks if I'm honest
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #431: Oct 31, 2019 11:36:02 am
      Facts:

Half the team can't legally play GTA.

Attendance: 52,694
      Crazy when you think that the paying fans knew it would be a reserve team, and City could not even fill their ground for an EPL game at the weekend.

Winners of the Cup: Get £100K
      LFC YouTube: New estimates have revealed that Liverpool are the top football club earners from YouTube with over $650,000 made every month.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,458 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #432: Oct 31, 2019 12:22:56 pm
      what a game. crazy stuff.

Well chuffed for the young lads, and nice to see the ox and Origi getting goals.

Origi was dog sh1t 1st half though. ;D,
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #433: Oct 31, 2019 01:08:29 pm
      Quote from heimdall
      If we field the same team as yesterday then why would it be a problem, we really could effectively play two matches at the same time.

No we can't. The senior players in that team need to go to Qatar as back up.

Quote from TameImpala
      What a game that was - Took my girlfriend & her little brother for their first game so couldn't have written a better script myself!

Really hope we don't bin this competition off - In a perfect world we'd bin that World Club Cup off instead - glorified corporate exhibition matches played in a human rights abusing backwards hovel of a Country. I know it's not the most prestigious trophy but I'd take League Cup games under the lights and an opportunity for a Wembley trip over that sh*te anyday!

Obviously there's going to be financial benefits to playing in the World Club Cup as well as the issue of staying in the good books for the likes of FIFA (as corrupt and backwards as they are). Just devastating that it has to come at the expense of a competition which gives great experience to our fringe players and more importantly in my opinion, an opportunity for younger fans / families to get to games

That's effectively saying you don't want to win the European Cup. If you don't achieve that, then you don't have to worry about playing the WCC.

But we did win the European Cup, and therefore I want to win the World Club Cup to go with it. I don't care how backwards the host nation is, that's for someone else to bang their head over. We're a football team with a job to do there and hopefully it will be a successful job.

I want the League Cup also, there is no choice in my mind. For far too long, this club has prioritised this cup over that cup and won no cup. In 6 months time, I want us to be English, European, and World Champions, with the trophies in our cabinet, the medals in our pockets, and the badges on our shirts to show them off to the rest of the world. That's a perfect world to me.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #434: Oct 31, 2019 01:25:09 pm
      What a game for the young lads to play in at Anfield as well.  Going to pens will give them vital experience for the future.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #435: Oct 31, 2019 01:28:36 pm
      No we can't. The senior players in that team need to go to Qatar as back up.

That's effectively saying you don't want to win the European Cup. If you don't achieve that, then you don't have to worry about playing the WCC.

But we did win the European Cup, and therefore I want to win the World Club Cup to go with it. I don't care how backwards the host nation is, that's for someone else to bang their head over. We're a football team with a job to do there and hopefully it will be a successful job.

I want the League Cup also, there is no choice in my mind. For far too long, this club has prioritised this cup over that cup and won no cup. In 6 months time, I want us to be English, European, and World Champions, with the trophies in our cabinet, the medals in our pockets, and the badges on our shirts to show them off to the rest of the world. That's a perfect world to me.

That's not what I was saying at all & it's ridiculous to suggest I did. If we don't manage to get our quarter-final rearranged then we are going to forfeit the League Cup. We can't play in the midlands on the 17th & then in Qatar the day after, these are just simple facts. It's easy to say "I want to win everything" but if this is the case then it's literally impossible. If we manage to rearrange the League Cup game to a manageable slot then sound. But if we don't (which is certainly a possibility), I'd rather forfeit the WCC. That's the only point I was making
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #436: Oct 31, 2019 01:32:55 pm

The trophy we've never won before.
      Day out on the ale at Wembley against potentially Utd/Everton/City or a trip to a country where they lock people up for being homosexual to play a team you've never heard of. Tough question!

Wembley's a F***ing shithole though, not even a patch on Cardiff.

As said it's the World Club Cup for me, get it F***ing won and on the wall!!

Quick Reply