Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      2 (2.2%)
      Neco Williams
      8 (8.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (2.2%)
      Sepp  van den Berg
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (2.2%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      10 (10.9%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.1%)
      Divock Origi
      62 (67.4%)
      Rhian Brewster
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      5 (5.4%)
      Pedro Chirivella
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Voting closed: Nov 03, 2019 09:36:24 pm

Liverpool 5-5 Arsenal (5-4 pens): In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31626 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Liverpool 5-5 Arsenal (5-4 pens): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Oct 31, 2019 01:35:44 pm
      What a great game and unlucky Arsenal. End to end the whole game what more can you ask
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #438: Oct 31, 2019 01:36:41 pm
      The trophy we've never won before.
      Wembley's a f**king shithole though, not even a patch on Cardiff.

As said it's the World Club Cup for me, get it f**king won and on the wall!!

I know Cardiff was much better than Wembley but it's not a Cardiff v Wembley debate is it? I was talking about Wembley v Qatar. Absolutely insane if you'd rather make that trip than have a day at Wembley
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #439: Oct 31, 2019 01:45:24 pm
      Just to point out there literally is no other date to put the League Cup quarterfinal in before that week presently slated for the semifinals in January. Starting this weekend:

Saturday Nov. 2 - Aston Villa
      Midweek - Genk at Home in Champions League
      Sunday Nov. 10 - Man City at home in Premier League

International Break Nov. 11 to Nov. 22

Saturday Nov. 23 - Crystal Palace away in Premier League
      Midweek - Napoli at home in Champions League
      Saturday Nov. 30 - Brighton & Hove Albion in Premier League
      Midweek - Everton at home in Premier League
      Saturday Dec. 7 - Bournemouth away in Premier League
      Midweek - Salzburg away in Champions League
      Saturday Dec. 14 - Watford at home in Premier League
      Midweek - at Club World Cup in Qatar
      Saturday Dec. 21 - at Club World Cup in Qatar
      Midweek (Boxing Day) at Leicester City in Premier League
      Sunday Dec. 29 - Wolves at home in Premier League
      Midweek (Jan 2) - Sheffield United at home in Premier League
      Saturday/Sunday Jan 4-5 - FA Cup 3rd Round
      Midweek OPEN when League Cup semifinals 1st leg are scheduled.
      Saturday Jan. 11 - Spurs Away in Premier League
      Midweek OPEN - when League Cup semifinals 2nd Leg are scheduled
      Sunday Jan. 19 - Man United home in Premier League
      Midweek - Wolves away in Premier League
      Saturday/Sunday Jan 26-27 - FA Cup 4th Round.

The League Cup final is scheduled for March 1. There are midweek dates open in February. You could play the Villa quarterfinal Jan. 8, the 1st leg of the semi the week after and then the 2nd leg of the semifinal sometime in February. This way you don't have to move any league matches (we already have one to reschedule, vs.
      West Ham, because of the Club World Cup).

Klopp's comments I'm convinced were to prevent authorities from scheduling us in some kind of Weekend match, Tuesday, Thursday, Weekend match scenario - and don't doubt they would try to do that if the club let them.

After all that typing, I see the Guardian already has the whole thing covered in an article.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/31/liverpool-aston-villa-carabao-cup-quarter-final

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #440: Oct 31, 2019 01:59:14 pm
      Just to point out there literally is no other date to put the League Cup quarterfinal in before that week presently slated for the semifinals in January. Starting this weekend:

Saturday Nov. 2 - Aston Villa
      Midweek - Genk at Home in Champions League
      Sunday Nov. 10 - Man City at home in Premier League

International Break Nov. 11 to Nov. 22

Saturday Nov. 23 - Crystal Palace away in Premier League
      Midweek - Napoli at home in Champions League
      Saturday Nov. 30 - Brighton & Hove Albion in Premier League
      Midweek - Everton at home in Premier League
      Saturday Dec. 7 - Bournemouth away in Premier League
      Midweek - Salzburg away in Champions League
      Saturday Dec. 14 - Watford at home in Premier League
      Midweek - at Club World Cup in Qatar
      Saturday Dec. 21 - at Club World Cup in Qatar
      Midweek (Boxing Day) at Leicester City in Premier League
      Sunday Dec. 29 - Wolves at home in Premier League
      Midweek (Jan 2) - Sheffield United at home in Premier League
      Saturday/Sunday Jan 4-5 - FA Cup 3rd Round
      Midweek OPEN when League Cup semifinals 1st leg are scheduled.
      Saturday Jan. 11 - Spurs Away in Premier League
      Midweek OPEN - when League Cup semifinals 2nd Leg are scheduled
      Sunday Jan. 19 - Man United home in Premier League
      Midweek - Wolves away in Premier League
      Saturday/Sunday Jan 26-27 - FA Cup 4th Round.

The League Cup final is scheduled for March 1. There are midweek dates open in February. You could play the Villa quarterfinal Jan. 8, the 1st leg of the semi the week after and then the 2nd leg of the semifinal sometime in February. This way you don't have to move any league matches (we already have one to reschedule, vs.
      West Ham, because of the Club World Cup).

Klopp's comments I'm convinced were to prevent authorities from scheduling us in some kind of Weekend match, Tuesday, Thursday, Weekend match scenario - and don't doubt they would try to do that if the club let them.

After all that typing, I see the Guardian already has the whole thing covered in an article.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/31/liverpool-aston-villa-carabao-cup-quarter-final

Jesus christ, that's insane. I suppose one slight positive is at least we haven't got many "hard" games in that chunk. Leicester at home is the only one on paper which could cause us problems. Of course the Derby is a big game but Everton are absolutely sh*te. I presume the League Cup is now probably a write off so we'll get those two midweek breaks. Will be much needed before the Spurs & United games
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #441: Oct 31, 2019 02:03:02 pm
      1 game every 2 or 3 days is F***ing insane...

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #442: Oct 31, 2019 02:10:25 pm
      Agree think the League cup is for the fans, whilst the latter, is seemingly a money spinner for the clubs.

Hence why the club prefer the latter.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #443: Oct 31, 2019 02:54:07 pm
      True don’t really get why Adrian didn’t play

I guess its because Kelleher played in the first match, but I'd like to see Adrian play in the next one. Kelleher may develop into a good goalie, but he sure as hell isn't one at the moment.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #444: Oct 31, 2019 03:01:32 pm
      I guess its because Kelleher played in the first match, but I'd like to see Adrian play in the next one. Kelleher may develop into a good goalie, but he sure as hell isn't one at the moment.

Seemed to be very slow coming off his line and wasn't very commanding of his area. Not sure if that was down to him or just down to overall communication breakdowns from the makeshift defence which had been thrown together.

Give him his due though he did very well on the penalties, seemed to get close to most & of course kept one out which won us the tie
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #445: Oct 31, 2019 04:28:30 pm
      what a game. crazy stuff.

Well chuffed for the young lads, and nice to see the ox and Origi getting goals.

Origi was dog sh1t 1st half though. ;D,

Yeah a real useless dog who decided games by his changing goals. How useless can a dog be?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #446: Oct 31, 2019 04:39:07 pm
      Yeah a real useless dog who decided games by his changing goals. How useless can a dog be?

Just because he has scored important goals doesn’t mean he’s immune from having played poor. No one is taking away or forgets the important goals he’s gotten, but that doesn’t suddenly mean he’s played well.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #447: Oct 31, 2019 05:14:58 pm
      This enthralling victory last night, giving the club an unwanted fixture pile up, that nobody wants or planned. Seemingly shows the present squad are merely victims of their own success !
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #448: Oct 31, 2019 06:17:38 pm
      Jesus christ, that's insane. I suppose one slight positive is at least we haven't got many "hard" games in that chunk. Leicester at home is the only one on paper which could cause us problems. Of course the Derby is a big game but Everton are absolutely sh*te. I presume the League Cup is now probably a write off so we'll get those two midweek breaks. Will be much needed before the Spurs & United games

Well the first midweek break is when we'll play the quarterfinal. We'll see what happens after that but those kids last night ended up beating a team with a lot of first team footballers in it. I wouldn't  assume we'll lose just yet.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #449: Nov 01, 2019 01:49:54 am

He was a beautiful dog  :gunhappyyank:
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #450: Nov 01, 2019 08:30:48 am
      No we can't. The senior players in that team need to go to Qatar as back up.

That's effectively saying you don't want to win the European Cup. If you don't achieve that, then you don't have to worry about playing the WCC.

But we did win the European Cup, and therefore I want to win the World Club Cup to go with it. I don't care how backwards the host nation is, that's for someone else to bang their head over. We're a football team with a job to do there and hopefully it will be a successful job.

I want the League Cup also, there is no choice in my mind. For far too long, this club has prioritised this cup over that cup and won no cup. In 6 months time, I want us to be English, European, and World Champions, with the trophies in our cabinet, the medals in our pockets, and the badges on our shirts to show them off to the rest of the world. That's a perfect world to me.

Spot on well said
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #451: Nov 01, 2019 08:38:58 am

Well the first midweek break is when we'll play the quarterfinal. We'll see what happens after that but those kids last night ended up beating a team with a lot of first team footballers in it. I wouldn't  assume we'll lose just yet.

I didn't mean write off in terms of we'll put in a poor performance, I meant it as in I wouldn't be surprised if ended up not playing at all. As the next available slot is the date of the semi finals so I guess it's out of our hands and down to the EFL to accommodate us. The kids did well against Arsenal so I'm fairly confident of them getting a result away at Villa. Just have to wait and see!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #452: Nov 01, 2019 02:26:43 pm
      Were the regular starting players at the stadium to watch this game Wednesday? Klopp may have wanted home and resting or something. I don't recall seeing any of them in the seats behind the bench or whereever, but that doesn't mean they weren't there.

Anybody know?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #453: Nov 01, 2019 02:55:47 pm
      Were the regular starting players at the stadium to watch this game Wednesday? Klopp may have wanted home and resting or something. I don't recall seeing any of them in the seats behind the bench or whereever, but that doesn't mean they weren't there.

Anybody know?

Bobby Firmino was defo there,"c'mon Curtis lad"video kicking around and he was in the tunnel cam bit as well. 

found it.https://twitter.com/LFCVine/status/1189668963632009217?s=20
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #454: Nov 01, 2019 04:47:03 pm
      I know Cardiff was much better than Wembley but it's not a Cardiff v Wembley debate is it? I was talking about Wembley v Qatar. Absolutely insane if you'd rather make that trip than have a day at Wembley

Won't be making an trip! I just want us to get our hands on a trophy we haven't won and the 'World Champions' shout.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #455: Nov 01, 2019 06:47:31 pm
      Knockabout stuff.Cracker by the lad Willock only for Origi to step up once again. Great save by Kelleher to set up the win. Beat Spurs and Arsenal in the same week.That'll do for the time being.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #456: Nov 02, 2019 12:01:05 pm
      Quote from TameImpala
      If we don't manage to get our quarter-final rearranged then we are going to forfeit the League Cup. We can't play in the midlands on the 17th & then in Qatar the day after, these are just simple facts. It's easy to say "I want to win everything" but if this is the case then it's literally impossible. If we manage to rearrange the League Cup game to a manageable slot then sound.

We will play the League Cup game. I don't know when, but we will play it. As ever, an alternative date will be found and it will be sorted. We won't be playing our strongest team anyway.

Winning the European Cup means we're automatically into the WCC, as the UEFA representative. We've been aware of this scenario since the final whistle was blown in Madrid, but we will deal with it when the time comes. As I said, I want the League Cup also, but there is no way I want to sacrifice the WCC. It doesn't come along every year, and all the biggest clubs across the globe have won this competition. It's about time we did.

People ask me regularly if I had a choice between this cup and that one, which would it be. I celebrate every trophy we win, there hasn't been many of them since we won in Dortmund. Barcelona won all 6 major trophies in a calendar year, about 10 years ago. So it's not impossible. Obviously I'm not expecting to win them all, but that doesn't mean I don't want to.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #457: Nov 05, 2019 04:57:17 pm
      Confirmed now we are playing 2 games in 2 days with 2 seperate squads.

Pretty ridiculous really!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #458: Nov 06, 2019 04:37:18 am
      Gonna have to play the kids in the next round. Think Ox should be the Captain for that game. He was very vocal in his post much presser about wanting to win the game and it was crap how we have to play 2 different sides, but he values the Cup and doesn't want us to give up on it just because of the circumstances.

Go on lad!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #459: Nov 06, 2019 05:18:33 pm
      Gonna have to play the kids in the next round. Think Ox should be the Captain for that game. He was very vocal in his post much presser about wanting to win the game and it was crap how we have to play 2 different sides, but he values the Cup and doesn't want us to give up on it just because of the circumstances.

Go on lad!

Only if he can play telepathically. He'll be on a different continent that night.

Quick Reply