Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Aston Villa v Liverpool Sat 2nd November 15:00 Kick Off

Read 7386 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 306 posts | 43 
      Pre-Match: Aston Villa v Liverpool Sat 2nd November 15:00 Kick Off
      Oct 31, 2019 01:48:20 pm
      Next up, after Wednesday nights mad game against Arsenal, we travel to Villa Park to face 15th place Aston Villa.

After resting all of our usual starting line up, it’s pretty clear barring any injuries that the side that beat Tottenham will start against Villa:

Alisson

Alexander-Arnold
      Lovren
      Van Dijk
      Robertson

Henderson (c)
      Fabinho
      Wijnaldum

Salah
      Firmino
      Mane

Subs:

Adrian
      Gomez
      Milner
      Oxlade-Chamberlain
      Lallana
      Jones/Brewster
      Origi

With no Matip, Shaqiri and most likely Keita, Jones or Brewster deserve a place on the bench.

Don’t think we will have a problem here, can see us winning 3-0 ⚽️⚽️⚽️
      « Last Edit: Nov 02, 2019 01:58:26 pm by JD »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Aston Villa v Liverpool Sat 2nd November 15:00 Kick Off
      Reply #1: Oct 31, 2019 01:53:08 pm
      Might argue for Elliott to be in that bench slot you mention for the kids.

Total banana skin game. I expect a doubling down on the message of "Focus" today and tomorrow.

Will be tougher than it looks on paper, but counting on the mentality giants to come through.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Oct 31, 2019 02:58:18 pm
      Why not play the Ox? He is starting to come into some good form so I say play him, at least a good half an hour or something.

I'm actually a bit nervous about this game, didn't Villa away use to be a bit of a bogey game for us in the past? I seem to remember Benteke giving us a real thrashing in one game.

On the other hand we are a much much better team that we used to be and on paper we should be winning this easily, it would be fantastic to win big in this game plus Genk Home leading into the Citeh match, build up even more momentum than we already have!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3: Oct 31, 2019 03:29:02 pm
      Ya know i struggle to get motivated to go to the pub for the 10 a.m games,cos of the clock change this one is 11 a.m and of course it's a F***ing gold streaming only game and my local doesn't have it.F**k in hell! 

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4: Oct 31, 2019 06:23:18 pm
      Why not play the Ox? He is starting to come into some good form so I say play him, at least a good half an hour or something.

I'm actually a bit nervous about this game, didn't Villa away use to be a bit of a bogey game for us in the past? I seem to remember Benteke giving us a real thrashing in one game.

On the other hand we are a much much better team that we used to be and on paper we should be winning this easily, it would be fantastic to win big in this game plus Genk Home leading into the Citeh match, build up even more momentum than we already have!

When Ox was subbed vs. Arsenal my first thought was that Jürgen intended to use him this Saturday. Maybe from the start even.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #5: Oct 31, 2019 06:23:53 pm
      Ya know i struggle to get motivated to go to the pub for the 10 a.m games,cos of the clock change this one is 11 a.m and of course it's a f**king gold streaming only game and my local doesn't have it.f**k in hell! 

I may break down and pay the 5 bucks to watch this one from home.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #6: Oct 31, 2019 07:00:52 pm
      I may break down and pay the 5 bucks to watch this one from home.

I'm ok with the free streams over paying for gold or b/r/espn.It was more just felt like watching in a social situation and the bar is not willing to update it's tv's for streaming, i'll just go down later for the u-17 world cup game.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #7: Oct 31, 2019 07:36:54 pm
      Fabinho is one yellow from a ban isn't that right?

If so he misses this one so that he's there for the City game.

Henderson

Chamberlain       Wijnaldum
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #8: Oct 31, 2019 07:45:45 pm
      3 out the 4 next league games on Saturday at 3 i believe
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #9: Oct 31, 2019 08:06:27 pm
      When Ox was subbed vs. Arsenal my first thought was that Jürgen intended to use him this Saturday. Maybe from the start even.
      That's funny my first thought was because he was awful 😂
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #10: Nov 01, 2019 01:45:51 am
      Can see us making XI changes for this. Hendo, Fab and Gini all to be recalled.

Dont think Klopp would risk Ox two games in a week just yet from the start, even if he wanted to.

Not sure he does want to tbh. I think he likes the solidity those 3 bring, especially away from home.

I'm expecting a tough game to be honest, and one Fab will have to play, hopefully in a card free manner.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #11: Nov 01, 2019 07:51:51 am
      Fabinho is one yellow from a ban isn't that right?

If so he misses this one so that he's there for the City game.

Henderson

Chamberlain       Wijnaldum

I would go with that midfield we need Fabinho for the city game I would not risk him
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #12: Nov 01, 2019 08:23:56 am
      Wouldnt risk Fab for this dont want him treading on egg shells could be more harm than good.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #13: Nov 01, 2019 08:37:21 am
      I would go with that midfield we need Fabinho for the city game I would not risk him

Agreed, he is vital to the way we play.

We should have enough for Villa whoever plays in midfield.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #14: Nov 01, 2019 08:58:11 am

I'm ok with the free streams over paying for gold or b/r/espn.It was more just felt like watching in a social situation and the bar is not willing to update it's tv's for streaming, i'll just go down later for the u-17 world cup game.

What's it like for the free streams over in the US? In the UK it's really easy to get a decent HD stream & 9 times out of 10 it'll be an NBC Gold stream. Not sure how much an NBC Gold costs but if their streams are as accessible in the US as they are in the UK then you could save yourself a fair amount & still get a more or less identical service
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #15: Nov 01, 2019 09:15:16 am
      Hendo, Ox, Wijnaldum midfield for me. Decent enough balance. Looked a much better team when Fabinho came on against City back in January so he's gonna be vital next week. Madness to risk him
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16: Nov 01, 2019 12:43:02 pm
      Hendo, Ox, Wijnaldum midfield for me. Decent enough balance. Looked a much better team when Fabinho came on against City back in January so he's gonna be vital next week. Madness to risk him

I agree with this, to big a risk playing him against Villa and Hendo or Milner can easily play that DM role.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #17: Nov 01, 2019 01:21:08 pm
      Should keep same starting 11 as spuds.

if we can get an early goal that will draw them out.

1-4

YNWA
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #18: Nov 01, 2019 01:55:27 pm
      3 out the 4 next league games on Saturday at 3 i believe

Means no live TV in the UK? That's how they treat the league leaders and there goes some TV revenue.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #19: Nov 01, 2019 02:11:01 pm

I guess I was mixing up NBC Gold with the B/R streaming. You can't get just one match on the NBC but have to pay for the whole season...so it looks like it will be Steve Hunter on LFC Radio again for me. Wednesday he had Jay Spearing with him who kept talking over the commentary as he "coached" the players from his vantage point - made it difficult to tell what was going on. Alternatively I could try TalkSport but when I've listened to that before I get about 60 percent updates on other games and 40 % sly or not-so-sly digs about Liverpool from some comm who sounds like he's just arrived at commentary gantry about spending all morning and early afternoon at the boozer.

For all the years I followed when could only hope there were match comms on BBC World Service, I guess it is good to at least now I can follow the match as it progresses. We're on live TV over here more often than not.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #20: Nov 01, 2019 02:17:14 pm
      Means no live TV in the UK? That's how they treat the league leaders and there goes some TV revenue.

Saturday 3PMs are the best! Easier for away supporters & it means you can have a few bevvies after the game and not have to worry about turning up to work feeling like a sack of sh*t the day after (Like I've done the past two Mondays)!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #21: Nov 01, 2019 03:10:12 pm
      What's it like for the free streams over in the US? In the UK it's really easy to get a decent HD stream & 9 times out of 10 it'll be an NBC Gold stream. Not sure how much an NBC Gold costs but if their streams are as accessible in the US as they are in the UK then you could save yourself a fair amount & still get a more or less identical service

yeah its fine,never understand the start of game threads in here with people looking for streaming links,takes  no more than 5 minutes to find! plus ya don't have to listen to the tw*t from the sun nbc still uses.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #22: Nov 01, 2019 03:12:23 pm
      Never an easy away tie in the premier league - I’m expecting a tough hard fought afternoon.

Feels like we’re overdue a nice easy stress free afternoon but football isn’t like that often enough!

I’m going for a tight 1-3 with Liverpool bagging the third late - off the back of a counter under intense pressure

Quick Reply