Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Neco Williams Player Thread (Liverpool > Nottingham Forest)

Read 23423 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Neco Williams Player Thread
      Reply #23: Jun 25, 2020 01:29:13 pm
      I'm a big fan of this lad already, I think he could push Trent for a place soon and that kind of competition is great, if he can play either flank then our FB positions are sorted for a long time to come.

You love to overreact

That was his debut and you are already talking about pushing TAA for his place.  Next time I have no doubt if he doesn’t play as well you would state he isn’t going enough

Let the lad develop
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24: Jun 25, 2020 02:40:16 pm
      You love to overreact

That was his debut and you are already talking about pushing TAA for his place.  Next time I have no doubt if he doesn’t play as well you would state he isn’t going enough

Let the lad develop

Not at all, I've seen plenty of him in the cup run as well, in fact I've seen enough to predict that he'll have a very bright future, what makes you think he won't?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #25: Jun 25, 2020 03:22:23 pm
      Not at all, I've seen plenty of him in the cup run as well, in fact I've seen enough to predict that he'll have a very bright future, what makes you think he won't?

Stop lying - you haven’t seen enough of him at all

I have suggested anything about his future - I’ll wait until he has a consistent run but right now he is nowhere near the level of TAA
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #26: Jun 27, 2020 03:01:39 pm
      Impressed when he came on though the game was won and he seemed to be looking to get on the scoresheet :)
      The talk about him is good, he looks strong and quick, so hopefully he stays and learns his trade - TAA's not a bad guy to learn from.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #27: Jun 27, 2020 03:08:05 pm
      Stop lying - you haven’t seen enough of him at all

I have suggested anything about his future - I’ll wait until he has a consistent run but right now he is nowhere near the level of TAA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28: Jun 30, 2020 04:40:13 pm
      Played like he'd been in the first team all season.

Mightily impressed with the lad.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #29: Sep 06, 2020 04:11:17 pm
      Scored last minute winner, his first international goal today, good lad!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #30: Sep 06, 2020 04:12:48 pm
      Scored last minute winner, his first international goal today, good lad!

he's a good player, he's guilty of trying a bit to hard when he plays for us.
      Kopite78
      Reply #31: Sep 06, 2020 04:19:19 pm
      he's a good player, he's guilty of trying a bit to hard when he plays for us.

As did Trent to start with

The sh*te he got after his performance at Utd in his break through season were as laughable as people writing off Neco now
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #32: Sep 06, 2020 05:15:51 pm
      Good header from him today to give Wales the win.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #33: Sep 06, 2020 05:42:42 pm
      As did Trent to start with

The sh*te he got after his performance at Utd in his break through season were as laughable as people writing off Neco now

Yea I've noticed there seems to be a bit of a clamour to slate Neco over the last week or so.

He's a talent but being young and only breaking through will have a few dodgy games.

I'm not worried about him in the slightest.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #34: Sep 06, 2020 07:00:41 pm
      Just seen his goal for Wales, what a great lad, so proud of him, well done Neco.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35: Sep 06, 2020 07:33:28 pm
      Happy for him as well. Klopp seems good at not letting praise get too high or criticism too low, particularly for young players.

Stay steady Reds.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #36: Sep 06, 2020 08:58:47 pm
      Another future star, a good goal to give Wales victory today !
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37: Sep 08, 2020 09:24:50 am
      Yea I've noticed there seems to be a bit of a clamour to slate Neco over the last week or so.

He's a talent but being young and only breaking through will have a few dodgy games.

I'm not worried about him in the slightest.

He'll be a very good player, he just needs to relax a bit, he seems to have lost his balance between attack and defence and there is certainly room for improvement in defence, because of that he is overcompensating a bit to much on defence and over thinking it, he'll work it out.
      Kopite78
      Reply #38: Sep 08, 2020 09:34:18 am
      He'll be a very good player, he just needs to relax a bit, he seems to have lost his balance between attack and defence and there is certainly room for improvement in defence, because of that he is overcompensating a bit to much on defence and over thinking it, he'll work it out.

Hes learning defending in the public eye at the top level, dont forget he is a converted winger who up until a couple of weeks prior to the Arsenal cup game last season hadbt even trained with the first team

Jürgen really rates him, hes learning in the public eye,all being well this season he will play what? Half a dozen games?

The lad will be fine, he just needs time as did Trent when he first broke in
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39: Sep 10, 2020 11:30:55 pm
      Did not appear to be in training today, wasn't on the video I don't think.

The Anfield Wrap guys mentioning that he's been taking dog's abuse on Twitter from supposed Liverpool fans. I hope he doesn't read his replies, but what a disgraceful thing for any actual supporter to go online to slate a developing player who has shown a lot of promise, just because he is still developing against first team levels. Shameful.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #40: Sep 11, 2020 03:09:31 pm
      Did not appear to be in training today, wasn't on the video I don't think.

The Anfield Wrap guys mentioning that he's been taking dog's abuse on Twitter from supposed Liverpool fans. I hope he doesn't read his replies, but what a disgraceful thing for any actual supporter to go online to slate a developing player who has shown a lot of promise, just because he is still developing against first team levels. Shameful.

I hope that's not true, because if that is the case then that's disgusting.

IMO that is why the likes of Twitter and FB etc should be banned for that very reason.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #41: Sep 11, 2020 03:18:45 pm
      I hope that's not true, because if that is the case then that's disgusting.

IMO that is why the likes of Twitter and FB etc should be banned for that very reason.

Did a couple of innocent pictures where he looked like he was modelling some clothes or something,  got dogs abuse and deleted them. Utterly pathetic.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #42: Sep 11, 2020 03:25:12 pm
      Did a couple of innocent pictures where he looked like he was modelling some clothes or something,  got dogs abuse and deleted them. Utterly pathetic.

Shocking, probably jealousy on some people's part, wish people would grow up  :mad:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #43: Sep 11, 2020 03:33:39 pm
      Shocking, probably jealousy on some people's part, wish people would grow up  :mad:

It's awful, adrian did a bit showing his medals off and got horrendous abuse  stuff about him having blood on his hands and then there was a campaign against him by some on Twitter after an old picture appeared of him signing a shirt for that rag when he was at west ham.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #44: Sep 11, 2020 03:36:51 pm
      It's awful, adrian did a bit showing his medals off and got horrendous abuse  stuff about him having blood on his hands and then there was a campaign against him by some on Twitter after an old picture appeared of him signing a shirt for that rag when he was at west ham.

And I suppose those idiots have never made a mistake in their sad little lives.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #45: Sep 11, 2020 03:46:36 pm
      The online abuse is mainly by kids. Depressing to see but I'd be surprised if any of those dishing it out were much older than about 16

Quick Reply