Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Neco Williams Player Thread (Liverpool > Nottingham Forest)

Read 23422 times
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Re: Neco Williams Player Thread
      Reply #46: Sep 11, 2020 03:51:35 pm
      The online abuse is mainly by kids. Depressing to see but I'd be surprised if any of those dishing it out were much older than about 16

You're probably right, even more important to keep kids off social media, it doesn't do anybody any good at all.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #47: Sep 11, 2020 03:55:59 pm
      You're probably right, even more important to keep kids off social media, it doesn't do anybody any good at all.

That's it. Most won't have their own name / photo on their profile so on first glance it could look as though you've got a load of people giving you abuse. Majority will just be idiots who are staying up past their bedtime though
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #48: Sep 11, 2020 06:18:28 pm
      The online abuse is mainly by kids. Depressing to see but I'd be surprised if any of those dishing it out were much older than about 16

Spot on, got into a 'debate' with one late at night and turned out he was 15, ended up telling him to go to bed. Don't have kids but this lad is active well into the night/early morning.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #49: Sep 16, 2020 05:25:16 am
      Anyone hear anything about Neco being injured or sick?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #50: Sep 16, 2020 10:33:59 am
      Anyone hear anything about Neco being injured or sick?

Not sure but think he may have been taken out of the limelight a little after suffering a lot of abuse on Twitter after the CS defeat
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #51: Sep 16, 2020 02:28:35 pm
      Not sure but think he may have been taken out of the limelight a little after suffering a lot of abuse on Twitter after the CS defeat

Maybe so. He definitely missed at least one day of training, but I see he is among those photographed from today's training session, and highlighted in two articles on the site. Good for the club to support him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #52: Sep 17, 2020 12:03:09 am

Really? Didn't hear about this. FFS ..there really are more cu*ts in the world then I thought!

He's just a kid.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #53: Sep 25, 2020 09:23:56 am
      Looks like he's had to black out his social media because a load of stupid virgins have started giving him grief on Twitter again. They should make you pass an IQ test before you can set up a social media account
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #54: Sep 25, 2020 09:38:23 am
      Looks like he's had to black out his social media because a load of stupid virgins have started giving him grief on Twitter again. They should make you pass an IQ test before you can set up a social media account

Unreal.

People are F***ing assholes.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #55: Sep 25, 2020 09:42:02 am
      Unreal.

People are f**king assholes.

Bad freaks the lot of them. It'll be a small percentage and most of them will probably only be about 16, but it's this lot who make the most noise, at least on the internet anyway
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #56: Sep 25, 2020 09:47:03 am
      The more I see of this kid the less impressed I am, I thought he was pretty crap again last night, as was all of the defence really, although they were a bit random.
      I hope its just a dip in form as I really thought he was good last season in the cups.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #57: Sep 25, 2020 09:59:55 am
      Bad freaks the lot of them. It'll be a small percentage and most of them will probably only be about 16, but it's this lot who make the most noise, at least on the internet anyway

I'd say majority kids but it would probably surprise us to see how many adults were involved as well.

The more I see of this kid the less impressed I am, I thought he was pretty crap again last night, as was all of the defence really, although they were a bit random.
      I hope its just a dip in form as I really thought he was good last season in the cups.

I'm not sure exactly what he did wrong last night?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #58: Sep 25, 2020 10:02:54 am
      I'd say majority kids but it would probably surprise us to see how many adults were involved as well.

I'm not sure exactly what he did wrong last night?

He got caught in possession a few times, had a few sloppy passes intercepted, was the wrong side of an attacker on a couple of occasions, basically just not very impressive if he's looking to break into the first team. He used to be good going forwards but even that is a bit meh now. I hope its just a case of one step back to go two steps forwards but I'm not seeing it at the moment.
      Kopite78
      Reply #59: Sep 25, 2020 10:05:34 am
      He got caught in possession a few times, had a few sloppy passes intercepted, was the wrong side of an attacker on a couple of occasions, basically just not very impressive if he's looking to break into the first team. He used to be good going forwards but even that is a bit meh now. I hope its just a case of one step back to go two steps forwards but I'm not seeing it at the moment.

Exactly what people said about trent in his first few games

Peoples expectations for kids to come in and play Jürgen Klopp style football at the top level is frankly ridiculous (bad use of ridiculous if you're unsure Heimy)

People who attack him on social media need to take a long look in the mirror, weirdos
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #60: Sep 25, 2020 10:09:15 am
      Exactly what people said about trent in his first few games

Peoples expectations for kids to come in and play Jürgen Klopp style football at the top level is frankly ridiculous (bad use of ridiculous if you're unsure Heimy)

People who attack him on social media need to take a long look in the mirror, weirdos

Oh 100% agree, any attacks on social media are disgraceful, the issue I have with Neco is that he doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes, Trent adapted faster, but perhaps I'm being unfair to Neco, I'm more than happy to see him have more opportunities and support him all the way.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #61: Sep 25, 2020 10:38:26 am
      Oh 100% agree, any attacks on social media are disgraceful, the issue I have with Neco is that he doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes, Trent adapted faster, but perhaps I'm being unfair to Neco, I'm more than happy to see him have more opportunities and support him all the way.
      I don’t think Trent did adapt faster tbh, it’s maybe just the last 2 years of his brilliance has caused some patchy memories. I think in his breakthrough season he was the cause of a lot of frustration from fans, constantly got caught under the ball, out of position and a bit of an all round liability defensively. Jürgen constantly chopped and changed between him and Gomez at right back I seem to remember.

Not a dig at TAA, to be fair he was generally playing against more competitive opponents, just trying to get across that it takes a certain level of maturity and experience to play that role in Klopp’s side and Neco will need time. He has the benefit that he doesn’t need to be rushed through as he has Trent in front of him.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #62: Sep 25, 2020 11:06:46 am
      I don’t think Trent did adapt faster tbh, it’s maybe just the last 2 years of his brilliance has caused some patchy memories. I think in his breakthrough season he was the cause of a lot of frustration from fans, constantly got caught under the ball, out of position and a bit of an all round liability defensively. Jürgen constantly chopped and changed between him and Gomez at right back I seem to remember.

As of yesterday Nico had the same number of appearances as Trent did at the end of the 2016-2017 season. Trent certainly hadn't fully adapted by then
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #63: Sep 25, 2020 11:15:25 am

Twitter's got an extraordinarily high percentage of absolute whoppers.  Didn't even notice him having a particularly bad game - certainly not stand out.

If I was a footballer I would not be sitting there scrolling through replies at all.  I suppose he is only a young lad and still relatively recently thrown into it.  I'm sure he'll learn to take it all with a massive mountain full of salt.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #64: Sep 25, 2020 11:24:28 am
      Twitter's got an extraordinarily high percentage of absolute whoppers.  Didn't even notice him having a particularly bad game - certainly not stand out.

If I was a footballer I would not be sitting there scrolling through replies at all.  I suppose he is only a young lad and still relatively recently thrown into it.  I'm sure he'll learn to take it all with a massive mountain full of salt.

That's it. Similar thing happened with him a few months ago too I think, so the cranks have obviously smelt blood and circle in on him now over every little thing to try and get a reaction. Should have just ignored it all from the off. Suppose that's easy for me to say though not being in his position
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #65: Sep 25, 2020 11:31:00 am

I have no idea why these high profile athletes are on Twitter and social media, what is the upside? You will always just have opposition fans trolling you.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #66: Sep 25, 2020 11:33:57 am
      Anybody that attacks people on social media behind their keyboards radiates so much small dick energy... it’s actually quite sad.

Yeah he didn’t have the best game, and you can criticise, but do it in a non ignorant fashion, at the end of the day this is a young lad, who’s playing for LIVERPOOL! The people online bashing him will be the same age as him or even older, and what the F**k are they doing with their lives? A whole lot less than Neco is that’s for sure.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #67: Sep 25, 2020 11:34:50 am

Just watched the game again and agree his game was really not bad at all. In the first half he puts in a lot of good touches and is active in the press, tidy in possession. He does his part for that good performance. I bet his analytics come out pretty strong.

He does get caught in possession for their first goal (2nd half), but they were double teaming him in the press and he didn't have a passing lane, tried to dribble out of it and failed. They still had A LOT to do before scoring a goal.

But it becomes trendy, including on here, to say this or that player isn't good enough (to be a backup in this case), and while as a professional footballer it is fair to have his performance criticized, last night is a good example of people shooting first and looking at what actually happened later.

Also agree these players should totally ignore their mentions on social media. It's just not worth it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #68: Sep 25, 2020 11:35:46 am
      Anybody that attacks people on social media behind their keyboards radiates so much small dick energy... it’s actually quite sad.

Yeah he didn’t have the best game, and you can criticise, but do it in a non ignorant fashion, at the end of the day this is a young lad, who’s playing for LIVERPOOL! The people online bashing him will be the same age as him or even older, and what the f**k are they doing with their lives? A whole lot less than Neco is that’s for sure.

I'd say that is true on a forum as well ;-)  If everyone showed more respect to each others views it would be a better place, I include myself in that.

Quick Reply