Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Neco Williams Player Thread (Liverpool > Nottingham Forest)

Read 23420 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Re: Neco Williams Player Thread
      Reply #115: Jun 26, 2021 06:17:08 pm
      Big mistake for wales just now. I only just turned it on and was surprised to see him playing Tbf.

Much to learn...

Only on because of injury
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #116: Jun 26, 2021 06:20:07 pm

Ah, ok.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #117: Nov 24, 2021 10:12:44 pm
      He got a lot of stick last season as he probably suffered from "second season syndrome", but he's been really solid when called upon this year. He deserves some credit for the way he got past his struggles.

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldBuzz/status/1463628531074682883
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #118: Nov 25, 2021 10:06:14 am
      He got a lot of stick last season as he probably suffered from "second season syndrome", but he's been really solid when called upon this year. He deserves some credit for the way he got past his struggles.

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldBuzz/status/1463628531074682883

Totally agree, hes now a solid backup for trent.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #119: Feb 01, 2022 08:49:11 am
      Late loan sorted to fulham.

Nico will smash it there.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #120: Feb 01, 2022 09:22:32 am
      Nice move for him

One hell never return from??
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #121: Feb 01, 2022 09:28:16 am
      Nice move for him

One hell never return from??

up to nico isnt it, he wont budge trent, but if he can push trent, klopp would play him more.

But I suspect he will look to get a move to be 1st choice somewhere.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #122: Feb 01, 2022 09:51:21 am
      Trent is our local superstar, no one if getting ahead of him barring massive injuries. Williams has done the right thing.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #123: Feb 01, 2022 09:57:13 am
      Trent is our local superstar, no one if getting ahead of him barring massive injuries. Williams has done the right thing.

AYE.

Trent basically best RB in the world, if your backup to him your a bloody good player.

I may watch fulham a wee bit more now, just to see how nico does and watch the carvalho lad.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #124: Feb 01, 2022 10:20:52 am
      up to nico isnt it, he wont budge trent, but if he can push trent, klopp would play him more.

But I suspect he will look to get a move to be 1st choice somewhere.

Ideal move for him. Personally I don't massively rate him, he's a million miles away from being at the level of Trent and they aren't a world apart in age. Trent isn't the best defensively but Williams is like a bull in a china shop and I suspect that's why he's been used in a more advanced role with us when he's played this season, but even then he's not really at the required level. Always thought it was strange letting Hoever go but keeping Williams, after signs of early promise, I don't feel like he has ever really kicked on and done anywhere near enough to challenge for Trent's place in the team. Plus the way he runs irritates me.

He'll do well at Fulham and hopefully it will become a permanent move for him in the summer. Ideally we could with a right sided version of Kostas in the summer.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Neco Williams Player Thread (on loan at Fulham)
      Reply #125: Feb 01, 2022 10:43:19 am
      Ideal move for him. Personally I don't massively rate him, he's a million miles away from being at the level of Trent and they aren't a world apart in age. Trent isn't the best defensively but Williams is like a bull in a china shop and I suspect that's why he's been used in a more advanced role with us when he's played this season, but even then he's not really at the required level. Always thought it was strange letting Hoever go but keeping Williams, after signs of early promise, I don't feel like he has ever really kicked on and done anywhere near enough to challenge for Trent's place in the team. Plus the way he runs irritates me.

He'll do well at Fulham and hopefully it will become a permanent move for him in the summer. Ideally we could with a right sided version of Kostas in the summer.

Not many at trents level though is there. ;D

Williams will do well, probably not a top 6 player, but a very good international.

I can actually see Joe Gomez get more minutes from this move.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #126: Feb 01, 2022 10:52:22 am
      Good luck to Neco who is sure to have more game time, playing for Fulham.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #127: Feb 01, 2022 10:53:03 am
      We have Milner and Gomez as back up too so if he gains from this loan, go for it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #128: Feb 01, 2022 11:06:35 am
      Got to be honest I’m on the fence with Neco, but to be fair to the lad he has come on leaps and bounds from when he first played, he’s a established international for Wales and his performances for us when called upon have been impressive, I think going on loan will do him a world of good, he’ll get regular game time which is vital, albeit at lower level,

I think we should stick with him, he’s shown that he is a capable stand in for Trent, and if needed can even hold his own right side of midfield, Gomez can fill in too if required but I prefer him as CB and feel he’s wasted as RB, we also have young Connor Bradley emerging from the academy, it’s possibly he could take Neco’s position given enough game time, but that’s for another day and another conversation, but good luck to Neco, he deserves regular playing time which will obviously enhance his talent .

Y  N  W  A
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #129: Feb 01, 2022 11:10:59 am
      We have Milner and Gomez as back up too so if he gains from this loan, go for it.

Bradley as well.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #130: Feb 01, 2022 11:11:47 am
      Got to be honest I’m on the fence with Neco, but to be fair to the lad he has come on leaps and bounds from when he first played, he’s a established international for Wales and his performances for us when called upon have been impressive, I think going on loan will do him a world of good, he’ll get regular game time which is vital, albeit at lower level,

I think we should stick with him, he’s shown that he is a capable stand in for Trent, and if needed can even hold his own right side of midfield, Gomez can fill in too if required but I prefer him as CB and feel he’s wasted as RB, we also have young Connor Bradley emerging from the academy, it’s possibly he could take Neco’s position given enough game time, but that’s for another day and another conversation, but good luck to Neco, he deserves regular playing time which will obviously enhance his talent .

Y  N  W  A

Id prefer Nico to stay, but I think he is now at the stage where he needs to be 1st choice RB for somebody.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,611 posts | 365 
      Reply #131: Feb 01, 2022 11:14:21 am
      My issue is... wheres the right back cover now?

I think I'll accept Milner but certainly not Gomez. He has no attributes in that position that a team like us needs.

We always seem to do this at right back. Cant agree with it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #132: Feb 01, 2022 11:16:15 am
      My issue is... wheres the right back cover now?

Gomez, Milner and even Bradley. So is no issue letting Williams go really.

I think I'll accept Milner but certainly not Gomez. He has no attributes in that position that a team like us needs.

Gomez has played at RB plenty of times for us, he won't offer the attacking threat but he is still perfectly capable of playing there. Up until he broke his ankle vs Burnley, he was playing there quite reguarly, rotating with Trent.

We always seem to do this at right back. Cant agree with it.

Do we?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,611 posts | 365 
      Reply #133: Feb 01, 2022 11:18:59 am
      7KK7 Gomez hasn't got the wheels, stamina, fitness or crossing ability for the role.

Milner is starting to become very injury prone. Just doesn't really make sense.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #134: Feb 01, 2022 11:20:50 am
      7KK7 Gomez hasn't got the wheels, stamina, fitness or crossing ability for the role.

Milner is starting to become very injury prone. Just doesn't really make sense.

Trent isn't blessed with pace and Gomez actually has a lot of pace, he was recorded as our fastest player a couple of years ago. Salah also recently said how Gomez is one of the quickest too. What Gomez lacks going forward he makes up for defensively. He has played RB plenty of times for us and it's never been an issue. We aren't a one dimensional team that relies purely on Trent's delivery.
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2022 11:28:07 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #135: Feb 01, 2022 11:22:12 am
      Id prefer Nico to stay, but I think he is now at the stage where he needs to be 1st choice RB for somebody.

Yeah he’s what 22 now I think so your probably spot on, Trent ain’t going no where for a while and we do still have decent back up, in Gomez & Bradley, I think Millie will hang his boots up or have one final soirée with Leeds, go full circle which would be nice for him,( hope he stays as a coach) with us though, I think Neco has to make the decision it’s hard to imagine that he would replace Trent and he probably knows this.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #136: Feb 01, 2022 11:43:08 am

Yeah he’s what 22 now I think so your probably spot on, Trent ain’t going no where for a while and we do still have decent back up, in Gomez & Bradley, I think Millie will hang his boots up or have one final soirée with Leeds, go full circle which would be nice for him,( hope he stays as a coach) with us though, I think Neco has to make the decision it’s hard to imagine that he would replace Trent and he probably knows this.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us buy a backup RB during the summer. unless Gomez is happy as RB cover or Bradley steps up.

And yea by all accounts Milner is off in the summer, he can defo keep playing, Leeds may be a shout, but I think probably somewhere in the sun. LA Galaxy or something. ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #137: Feb 01, 2022 11:56:25 am
      I wouldn't be surprised to see us buy a backup RB during the summer. unless Gomez is happy as RB cover or Bradley steps up.

And yea by all accounts Milner is off in the summer, he can defo keep playing, Leeds may be a shout, but I think probably somewhere in the sun. LA Galaxy or something. ;D

Dunno mate, not sure they do Ribena in LA, I think Millie is more of a homeboy, would love it if we found him a coaching role here at the Axa, you can’t buy his experience the knowledge  he could pass onto the young lads is immeasurable, it would be absolutely criminal letting Jimmy cross over the Pennines to West Yorkshire,  and their f***in weird over that way anyway, ee by gum and all that gurning & tripe munching, flat caps and whippets, and that’s just the women, nah, stay here Jimmy la, there owt to see o’er yonder, ye pillock!!

Y  N  W  A

Quick Reply