Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Neco Williams Player Thread (Liverpool > Nottingham Forest)

Read 23412 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Neco Williams Player Thread (on loan at Fulham)
      Reply #138: Feb 01, 2022 01:39:51 pm

Dunno mate, not sure they do Ribena in LA, I think Millie is more of a homeboy, would love it if we found him a coaching role here at the Axa, you can’t buy his experience the knowledge  he could pass onto the young lads is immeasurable, it would be absolutely criminal letting Jimmy cross over the Pennines to West Yorkshire,  and their f***in weird over that way anyway, ee by gum and all that gurning & tripe munching, flat caps and whippets, and that’s just the women, nah, stay here Jimmy la, there owt to see o’er yonder, ye pillock!!

Y  N  W  A

:lmao:

cant disagree with any of that.

I am surprised he aint getting into coaching with us. He must be just not keen on stopping playing yet, still plenty of player playing late into thier 30s.

So good luck to him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #139: Feb 01, 2022 05:57:57 pm
      Late loan sorted to fulham.

Nico will smash it there.

Sweetner for the Carvalho deal in the summer
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #140: Feb 01, 2022 06:52:00 pm
      Wish Neco all the success at Fulham
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #141: Feb 01, 2022 07:06:34 pm

Yeah he’s what 22 now I think so your probably spot on, Trent ain’t going no where for a while and we do still have decent back up, in Gomez & Bradley, I think Millie will hang his boots up or have one final soirée with Leeds, go full circle which would be nice for him,( hope he stays as a coach) with us though, I think Neco has to make the decision it’s hard to imagine that he would replace Trent and he probably knows this.

He's only 20 Billy, he still has time on his side.
      But I also agree with you. He probably must realize he's not going to be 1st choice for us.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #142: Feb 01, 2022 07:20:10 pm
      My issue is... wheres the right back cover now?

I think I'll accept Milner but certainly not Gomez. He has no attributes in that position that a team like us needs.

We always seem to do this at right back. Cant agree with it.

Yeah I'm a bit surprised. If Neco isn't as good cover for Trent as Gomez or Milner then I think we should have bought another RB. (Unless Bradley is looking really good in training, which I guess could be the case.) If Trent gets injured we just don't have the same quality cover as we do for Robbo. Gomez and Milner are both good players but neither is a fullback. RB is definitely now the position where we would have the biggest drop off if our first choice got injured, if it wasn't already.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #143: Feb 01, 2022 07:35:01 pm
      Yeah I'm a bit surprised. If Neco isn't as good cover for Trent as Gomez or Milner then I think we should have bought another RB. (Unless Bradley is looking really good in training, which I guess could be the case.) If Trent gets injured we just don't have the same quality cover as we do for Robbo. Gomez and Milner are both good players but neither is a fullback. RB is definitely now the position where we would have the biggest drop off if our first choice got injured, if it wasn't already.

He hasn't played much RB recently, but Gomez used to get plenty of time there. I believe when Trent was subbed out in the Palace game it was Joe who came in. Been rumors Joe has been unhappy with his lack of playing time, so being backup RB gets him more opportunity to play. Do agree RB is the one position where i am still not fully comfortable with the backup options, though Joe could solve that problem.

While only 20, i just don't see Neco having a future here. Bradley seems to jumped him in the RB position and when he has played it has been in a wing position where the bar is a lot higher for him to make it there as an offensive player and much more competition as well.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #144: Feb 02, 2022 08:24:40 am
      Sweetner for the Carvalho deal in the summer

defo wont do any harm.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #145: Mar 01, 2022 10:46:27 am
      He's doing well at Fulham. Played their last 5 games and registered 2 assists. It can only be good for his development.
      I still believe there is a player there, he just needed to find some self confidence back after a difficult second season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #146: Mar 09, 2022 08:23:49 pm
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #147: Mar 09, 2022 08:39:44 pm

Seems to be playing with a lot more confidence. This loan is working out great for him.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #148: Mar 09, 2022 08:49:00 pm
      Hope he comes back

Seemed some had doubts about him but I think he always showed ability and will always improve further

Belter of a goal
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #149: Mar 09, 2022 09:43:11 pm
      Hope he comes back

Seemed some had doubts about him but I think he always showed ability and will always improve further

Belter of a goal

Beauty of a goal but if he’s playing up front for Fulham and that’s where he’s seeing this success, I doubt he’ll have a future with us. I just can’t see him ever becoming good enough to be a backup to Salah on the right.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #150: Mar 09, 2022 10:54:21 pm
      Beauty of a goal but if he’s playing up front for Fulham and that’s where he’s seeing this success, I doubt he’ll have a future with us. I just can’t see him ever becoming good enough to be a backup to Salah on the right.

He's playing right back ;)
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #151: Mar 11, 2022 10:28:00 pm
      Hope he comes back

Belter of a goal

Same mate for hoping he keep develop and have a career at LFC as I always like watch him playing.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #152: Mar 13, 2022 08:00:49 pm
      'Angry, embarrassed' - Liverpool defender opens up on 'horrible' social media abuse
      Neco Williams has spoken about how he felt after suffering social media abuse playing for Liverpool last season

Liverpool defender Neco Williams admits he found it hard to cope with the "horrible" social media abuse he suffered last season.

Williams was targeted by several Reds supporters having struggled for form when deputising for Trent Alexander-Arnold during the opening months of the 2020/21 campaign.

The 20-year-old was singled out after the 7-2 Carabao Cup win at Lincoln City in September 2020 after which he chose to temporarily change his Twitter profile and header photos to all black.

The Wales international, who has been impressing at Fulham having joined the Championship leaders in January, was subject to regular criticism throughout a difficult season for the Reds.

And Williams has explained how the abuse started to affect his everyday life at Liverpool.

"I had a hard time on social media when I was probably 19," he said. "I remember that time quite well because it was the first ever time that I got abused on Twitter for one of my performances.

"I'm not going to lie, it was a very tough time. Everything was just horrible on there, and that was the first time I've ever experienced that.

"I didn't want to be around anyone. I just went straight to my house in Liverpool and stayed there on my own.

"I just felt angry, embarrassed. I didn't know what to do."

Williams added: "Looking back on it now, I just wish I would've spoken to more people.

"I would 100% tell younger people to connect with real people and tell them what's going on, how you're feeling and just get it all off your chest."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/angry-embarrassed-liverpool-defender-opens-23374744

Good on Neco for speaking up.

The level of abuse our young players receive on social media is just bang out of order. Or on this forum for that matter. I'm not saying they should be immune to criticism, but many people take it way too far. Last year, it was Neco, now it seems Curtis is the new whipping boy. Give them a chance to make mistakes. That's how they will learn and become better players.

We are talking about young lads that are still 19-20. Words matter.

/End of rant.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #153: Mar 13, 2022 08:05:18 pm
      'Angry, embarrassed' - Liverpool defender opens up on 'horrible' social media abuse
      Neco Williams has spoken about how he felt after suffering social media abuse playing for Liverpool last season

Liverpool defender Neco Williams admits he found it hard to cope with the "horrible" social media abuse he suffered last season.

Williams was targeted by several Reds supporters having struggled for form when deputising for Trent Alexander-Arnold during the opening months of the 2020/21 campaign.

The 20-year-old was singled out after the 7-2 Carabao Cup win at Lincoln City in September 2020 after which he chose to temporarily change his Twitter profile and header photos to all black.

The Wales international, who has been impressing at Fulham having joined the Championship leaders in January, was subject to regular criticism throughout a difficult season for the Reds.

And Williams has explained how the abuse started to affect his everyday life at Liverpool.

"I had a hard time on social media when I was probably 19," he said. "I remember that time quite well because it was the first ever time that I got abused on Twitter for one of my performances.

"I'm not going to lie, it was a very tough time. Everything was just horrible on there, and that was the first time I've ever experienced that.

"I didn't want to be around anyone. I just went straight to my house in Liverpool and stayed there on my own.

"I just felt angry, embarrassed. I didn't know what to do."

Williams added: "Looking back on it now, I just wish I would've spoken to more people.

"I would 100% tell younger people to connect with real people and tell them what's going on, how you're feeling and just get it all off your chest."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/angry-embarrassed-liverpool-defender-opens-23374744

Good on Neco for speaking up.

The level of abuse our young players receive on social media is just bang out of order. Or on this forum for that matter. I'm not saying they should be immune to criticism, but many people take it way too far. Last year, it was Neco, now it seems Curtis is the new whipping boy. Give them a chance to make mistakes. That's how they will learn and become better players.

We are talking about young lads that are still 19-20. Words matter.

/End of rant.

Social media is a scourge and pretty much all of us would be better off swerving it, but especially kids his age who are playing or aspiring to play professional sports.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #154: Mar 13, 2022 08:56:20 pm
      Social media is a scourge and pretty much all of us would be better off swerving it, but especially kids his age who are playing or aspiring to play professional sports.

He’s grown into the world of professional football during the time of social media. People giving out stick on social media are just weapons and chances are would never have the guts to say in person to whoever it is they’re abusing. But, if a professional athlete who makes the decision to be on social media, if he can’t take the stick that comes with it then he should probably just delete his accounts and forget about it.

I’ve browsed social media over the years, looking at sports news but I’ve never actually had an account on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or anything like that because they’re just toxic places.

Williams wants a long career in football and whether he likes it or not, he’s going to have to develop a tougher skin because the stick he’s taken so far will be nothing compared to what he will face at stages of his career because it’s part of the job, name a player that doesn’t get given a load of grief at some stage or another. Football fans are very reactionary, all it takes is a few stray passes, a bad game, a moment that costs you points etc….or even getting a certain hair cut on a certain day of the week.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #155: Mar 13, 2022 09:11:41 pm
      I’ve browsed social media over the years, looking at sports news but I’ve never actually had an account on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or anything like that because they’re just toxic places.

Agreed. Only thing I'm on nowadays is Tiktok and that's just because that seems to be the only funny/stupid videos I get sent on WhatsApp these days.

Haven't been on Facebook in years and don't miss it.

Every social media platform is filled with fanny's and as you rightly say they say a lot more on there than they would ever have the balls to say to someone's face.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #156: Mar 13, 2022 09:29:17 pm
      He’s grown into the world of professional football during the time of social media. People giving out stick on social media are just weapons and chances are would never have the guts to say in person to whoever it is they’re abusing. But, if a professional athlete who makes the decision to be on social media, if he can’t take the stick that comes with it then he should probably just delete his accounts and forget about it.

Williams wants a long career in football and whether he likes it or not, he’s going to have to develop a tougher skin because the stick he’s taken so far will be nothing compared to what he will face at stages of his career because it’s part of the job, name a player that doesn’t get given a load of grief at some stage or another. Football fans are very reactionary, all it takes is a few stray passes, a bad game, a moment that costs you points etc….or even getting a certain hair cut on a certain day of the week.

He’s 19. Don’t know if you’ve ever had kids, I have a 19 year old that competes in college, XC and T&F. I can’t even imagine what it would do to him if he were to receive the kind of abuse that Neco is referring to. My son is a really good kid, never in any trouble, straight laced, uses social media for fun, he’d have a tough time coping with people coming after him and rightfully so. Hell I’d like to take a swing at a few on this forum from time to time and I’m a pretty well adjusted, mild mannered fella. Think we should give Neco some slack. And like I said, I think it would be better off for most folks not to be on social media. Maybe easier said than done though especially for those that have never known any different.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #157: Mar 13, 2022 11:55:51 pm
      He’s 19. Don’t know if you’ve ever had kids, I have a 19 year old that competes in college, XC and T&F. I can’t even imagine what it would do to him if he were to receive the kind of abuse that Neco is referring to. My son is a really good kid, never in any trouble, straight laced, uses social media for fun, he’d have a tough time coping with people coming after him and rightfully so. Hell I’d like to take a swing at a few on this forum from time to time and I’m a pretty well adjusted, mild mannered fella. Think we should give Neco some slack. And like I said, I think it would be better off for most folks not to be on social media. Maybe easier said than done though especially for those that have never known any different.

Not having a dig at the lad but being a professional footballer, for one of the biggest teams in world football, you’re going to be under the microscope a lot more than most. The harsh reality of it is, if he doesn’t like what he reads online about himself then don’t go online to read it because unfortunately we are now in a world that’s dominated by social media. He seems like a sound lad but he’s going to get stick on social media until the day he hangs up his boots I expect.
      You get people being racist and booing the kneeling of players before games, unfortunately things like that and giving out stick on social media isn’t going to change, there will always be minorities like it.

Needs to just remember that the only opinions, views etc that matter are those of his manager, coaches and loved ones. Ignore everything online and just focus on his game because if he doesn’t, it will take him down the wrong path and will only continue to hamper him.
      « Last Edit: Mar 14, 2022 12:10:50 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #158: Jun 06, 2022 11:47:34 am
      Had a reasonable game yesterday I thought
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #159: Jun 06, 2022 11:39:06 pm
      Had a reasonable game yesterday I thought

He always seems to play better for other teams. Just goes to show the pressure the youngsters play under at Liverpool, Trying to impress at such a high level.  He seems more relaxed in other sides, but I'm sure he can make it  with us if he keeps banging away.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #160: Jun 07, 2022 05:14:02 pm
      Sell him, use the 10 mil in another area. Not quite Liverpool quality.

Quick Reply