Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

The Election

Read 3489 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,342 posts | 710 
      The Election
      Nov 01, 2019 03:36:34 pm

Runners and riders and all the usual nonsense,special help for the  lads not paying to much attention! Is it just gonna be run on brexit or........
      TameImpala
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 948 posts | 561 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: The Election
      Reply #1: Nov 01, 2019 04:27:45 pm

This one's being taken to Villa on Saturday apparently. Sums it up very nicely
      « Last Edit: Nov 01, 2019 04:32:59 pm by TameImpala »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,503 posts | 4342 
      Reply #2: Nov 01, 2019 04:53:16 pm

Runners and riders and all the usual nonsense,special help for the  lads not paying to much attention! Is it just gonna be run on brexit or........

Highlight the nine years of Austerity, windrush and all the rest of the sh*t that comes from the incompetent tory tw*ts
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,999 posts | 599 
      Reply #3: Nov 01, 2019 07:26:36 pm
      Labour have to take a firm position one way or the other. Waffling on about a second referendum will leave them in limbo.  They know taking a firm leave line will upset Labours Brexit voters and there are millions of them so they adopt a middling line.

Problem with that is Tory and the Brexit Party can take the Brexit vote and Swinson's Lib Dems will take a huge slice of the leave vote, so Labour could be squeezed.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,565 posts | 1585 
      Reply #4: Nov 01, 2019 07:34:49 pm
      Tories will get in on the Brexit vote, they are very fortunate that the election isnt concentrating too much on the state they have left the country in.

NHS fu**ed, services cut, homelessness rising, increased use of food banks.

Still the populus more interested in the wild goose chase of Brexit and finally getting their rising cost of goods from poorer quality suppliers done.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,342 posts | 710 
      Reply #5: Nov 01, 2019 07:53:48 pm
      Do y'all think it will be an issues type election or a cult personality social media fest that passes for politics here?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,565 posts | 1585 
      Reply #6: Nov 01, 2019 08:14:49 pm
      Do y'all think it will be an issues type election or a cult personality social media fest that passes for politics here?

Personality contest these days. Got to despair really
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,999 posts | 599 
      Reply #7: Nov 01, 2019 08:22:47 pm
      Tories will get in on the Brexit vote, they are very fortunate that the election isnt concentrating too much on the state they have left the country in.

Still the populus more interested in the wild goose chase of Brexit and finally getting their rising cost of goods from poorer quality suppliers done.

Agreed.Good point.Johnson will get millions of votes on the back of Brexit. Trump sticking his snout into it, in a sense helps Labour shift vocus on to the NHS, which is a weak spot for the Tories. There is ample time for other issues to enter the debate. But as it stands I can't see Labour ever beating the Tories man to man, so to speak.The Tories have the media on their side,more than ever.

Corbyn has an outside chance of getting close to power, if after the elections, he pals up with Swinson's Lib Dems. For the Tories Johnson will probably have to woo Farage after the election.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,565 posts | 1585 
      Reply #8: Nov 02, 2019 01:29:57 am
      Agreed.Good point.Johnson will get millions of votes on the back of Brexit. Trump sticking his snout into it, in a sense helps Labour shift vocus on to the NHS, which is a weak spot for the Tories. There is ample time for other issues to enter the debate. But as it stands I can't see Labour ever beating the Tories man to man, so to speak.The Tories have the media on their side,more than ever.

Corbyn has an outside chance of getting close to power, if after the elections, he pals up with Swinson's Lib Dems. For the Tories Johnson will probably have to woo Farage after the election.

Corbyn always comes into his own during the election campaign but he's got a mountain to climb again to just keep the seats he has now.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #9: Nov 02, 2019 10:41:40 am
      Corbyn always comes into his own during the election campaign but he's got a mountain to climb again to just keep the seats he has now.

Corbyn has plenty grassroots support & the youth love him..

Landslide victory for Labour..😎
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,503 posts | 4342 
      Reply #10: Nov 02, 2019 10:52:14 am

Only reason cu*ts like Trump and Johnson have made it to the highest positions of power.
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,356 posts | 1751 
      Reply #11: Nov 02, 2019 10:57:03 am
      If Corbyn was my local MP, I couldn't vote for him. Thankfully he ain't and I can vote for my Labour candidate.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #12: Nov 02, 2019 11:01:12 am
      I'd love to see an anti Brexit/Tory majority. Would love it if the Brexit Party split the Tory vote, both parties smiting the other and all hopes of Brexit going down the pan.

I think people are also sick to death talking about Brexit meaning the electorate are more than happy to talk about other issues. That would work out just fine for Labour and the other parties.

Truth be told, I've never been so disinterested with British politics. An absolute sh*t show led by a carnival of idiots.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #13: Nov 02, 2019 11:08:50 am
      If Corbyn was my local MP, I couldn't vote for him. Thankfully he ain't and I can vote for my Labour candidate.

Out of curiosity, Are Corbyn’s domestic of foreign policies you dislike...?
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,356 posts | 1751 
      Reply #14: Nov 02, 2019 11:22:25 am
      Out of curiosity, Are Corbyn’s domestic of foreign policies you dislike...?

As a leader, I find him off-putting, he comes across as someone happy to remain opposition leader. Been times when he seems to self sabotage himself. He's also a Brexquitter, and while I've never voted on single issue politics until this mess, I am now.

« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2019 12:16:51 pm by Roddenberry »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,377 posts | 2162 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #15: Nov 02, 2019 11:47:43 am
      As a leader, I find him off-putting, he comes across as someone happy to remain opposition leader. Been times when he sends to self sabotage himself. He's also a Brexquitter, and while I've never voted on single issue politics until this mess, I am now.

For me corbyn needs to come across as more decisive, authoritative  and less of someones cardigan wearing uncle who mumbles in the corner whilst drinking a warm pint of pale ale. Someone like keir starmer who comes across more as a clear concise thinker and speaker and not some beardy class warrior
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #16: Nov 02, 2019 11:49:39 am
      As a leader, I find him off-putting, he comes across as someone happy to remain opposition leader. Been times when he sends to self sabotage himself. He's also a Brexquitter, and while I've never voted on single issue politics until this mess, I am now.

Surely there are more issues other than Brexit that this country needs addressing..ie: NHS, under funded schools, Police, homelessness, affordable housing, tax evasion, zero hour contracts, ending austerity & moving people of Universal credit..

Is the man being held to account over his stance of Brexit..?

If being part of the EU was such a good thing why did countries like Spain,Greece,Portugal,Ireland,Italy all suffered from measure that were placed upon them by the EU...most of those countries were bailed out by Germany which now owns most of those countries infrastructure..

I hoped leaving the EU with a deal after the vote would happen, it looks as though it’s happening, Johnson has taken a no deal Brexit off the table, who do you credit for that?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,751 posts | 3302 
      Reply #17: Nov 02, 2019 12:08:56 pm

Precisely the reason the Brexit debacle has been drawn out to an unbelievable three and a half years with no credible end in sight!
      The same duplicitous liars who have conducted ‘negotiations’ for three and a half years with little or no progress have put a confirmed liar in charge to honour the vote of the majority.
      This clown is prepared to risk another public vote before honouring a previous public vote, him and his fellow parasites will be sunk without trace.
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,356 posts | 1751 
      Reply #18: Nov 02, 2019 12:22:27 pm

I hoped leaving the EU with a deal after the vote would happen, it looks as though it’s happening, Johnson has taken a no deal Brexit off the table, who do you credit for that?

Who do I credit for that? Nobody. It was pure Tory incompetence.

As for no deal being off the table, it's a temporary situation, like the fracking ban the Tories have just put in place.

The deal on the table is still not a good one, it certainly wasn't easy, like Brexquitters promised. The best deal is the one we have.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,999 posts | 599 
      Reply #19: Nov 06, 2019 08:00:12 pm
      The election is rigged in favour of the Tories. Doesn't have to be some Russian style token election to call it rigged. Obviously it's free vote (soon won't be) but the opinion makers favour the Tories 90%.

Look at the Keir Starmer stitch up. Doctored the video then put it out as genuine. That'll happen throughout the election. Every Labour claim is fact checked with the intention of calling into question the veracity of Labour policy. Hardly a word of criticism about the proposed trade links with Trump.

What happened to the investigation into Islamophobia in the Tory party promised at the Tory party leadership contest. Lies over the so called affordable homes. Millions spent on Brexit prep. Grenfell, Social care budget,disability benefits, Universal credit.

Biggest swiddle of the lot is cuts to Council grants. Targetting Labour Councils in the North mostly.Money has flowed from North to South.Liverpool, Salford,Rochdale for instance losing up to £650 per person whereas Oxford gained £65 per head. Fact check that...no chance from the Tory Media. They would trample over the north, the poor and disabled to line the pockets of their supporters...will you hear about that during this election..and much more like it....NO CHANCE...it's a rigged election.
      « Last Edit: Nov 06, 2019 08:09:47 pm by Harrisimo »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #20: Nov 06, 2019 08:16:18 pm
      The start of the Tory election campaign has been a disaster! A disgusting comment on Grenfell victims made by that scumbag Rees Mogg. And then a truly horrific case of this Tory Welsh candidate deliberately sabotaging a trial of a rape victim causing a disgraced cabinet member to resign. And what about Kay Burley's emphatic take down of James Cleverley refusing to appear on Sky News this morning despite being only 15 feet away from the presenter? Start as you mean to go on. Labour couldn't have written a better script to start the campaign off.

Vote Labour, Vote Lib Dem, Vote SNP, Vote Green. Any candidate to stop this debased Conservative led era of Brexit is just fine for me. Nothing could be worse and anything could be better. Get voting and get registered.

Chlorinated chicken? Maggots in your jam? US corporates feasting on the NHS? If you like that by all means vote Conservative. But if you care about the country and if you call yourself a patriot vote anyone but them.

https://getvoting.org/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInZTA-rLW5QIVFODtCh1rLwBfEAAYASAAEgLrmvD_BwE
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #21: Nov 06, 2019 09:17:20 pm
      Oh Jeremy Corbyn..
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,892 posts | 2219 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #22: Nov 06, 2019 10:04:36 pm
      I get all the Corbyn issues, I'm not a fan by any means, but do support Labour.

I just remember when we had H&G, the Owl, and the sh*te they brought with them, I still supported LFC, and defended the club through thick and thin, Corbyn is no where near as bad as them.

Greens would be the only other option, but have no chance in my area.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 948 posts | 561 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #23: Nov 07, 2019 08:59:34 am
      I get all the Corbyn issues, I'm not a fan by any means, but do support Labour.

I just remember when we had H&G, the Owl, and the sh*te they brought with them, I still supported LFC, and defended the club through thick and thin, Corbyn is no where near as bad as them.

Greens would be the only other option, but have no chance in my area.

Fair play to you, a lot more people should take a leaf out of your book. I'm a big Corbyn supporter but regardless of that it would take something spectacular to stop me from voting Labour in a general election. I was born in 1993 so I wasn't old enough to vote for Blair (who I don't like at all), but I would have done in a heartbeat because realistically the only alternative to not voting Labour is a Tory government. And if the Tories get in this time, there's a very good chance that it'll be the most ruthless & cruel Tory administration since Thatcher (potential to be worse once you factor in the eventual fallout from the Brexit situation & the siphoning of the NHS)

If anybody thinks that is the lesser of the two evils when compared to a Corbyn administration then fair enough, but don't come out with the "I've voted Labour my whole life / I just can't vote for Corbyn" shtick. What you are is a Tory.

If you find the idea of a 5 year, racist, public assset-stripping, right wing Johnson government terrifying, then vote Labour.

If you still find the idea terrifying but don't particularly like Jeremy Corbyn then hold your nose... And VOTE LABOUR!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,475 posts | 2784 
      Reply #24: Nov 07, 2019 01:39:53 pm
      What Labour campaigners are hearing "on the ground", and the party itself in private polling is a lot different to the polls shown on the news.
      Early days yet of course.

I'm not doing any campaigning myself this time around, but I'll be ferrying people around, as usual.

Quick Reply