Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Ajax [Champions League] Tue 1st Dec @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of December and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W13 D8 L4

The Election

Read 3562 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Re: The Election
      Reply #600: Dec 18, 2019 02:25:10 pm
      I'd like to think that Corbyn is just incredibly naive but the unchecked spread of antisemitism in the Labour party points to a leader who is either complicit or a hopelessly weak leader, either way the country wisely decided he was unfit for high office.

"Unfit for high office"...as opposed to Johnson, who referred to black people as "Piccannies".."With water melon smiles"..made stupid remarks about Zaghari-Ratcliffe condeming her to incarceration in Iran. Walked out on his wife, had numerous affairs. The list of his indiscretions is endless, so your on shaky ground on this one mush.

Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,441 posts | 1805 
      Reply #601: Dec 18, 2019 02:33:11 pm
      See  the Tories, not for the first time, have stopped the investigation in to its own party's open and hostile Islamophobia.

Hands up if you're surprised.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #602: Dec 18, 2019 02:34:14 pm
      On the Labour leader gig, as I claimed there isn't any one stand out candidate, but I like Emily Thornberry's hard nosed attitude, She's a feisty one. Not keen on Keir Starma. Bit to much of a cultured gent. We need a fighter. Also someone who can claim the center ground and be a populist.

Labour in a tight spot and need to come out fighting. Thornberry could be the one. Not much else in the offing.

...and shut yer trap Blair.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,630 posts | 828 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #603: Dec 18, 2019 02:38:21 pm
      I actually think Boris does say some incredibly stupid things from time to time but I do NOT think he is racist or homophobic, he has however worked as a journalist most of his life and was known for his colourful use of language which on occasion was completely inappropriate and which he has apologised for.
      As far as I know the Jewish population in this country do not have the same issue with Boris as they do with Corbyn, ask yourself why that is, perhaps just perhaps its not just a smear campaign against Corbyn. A few days before the election I was talking to a few Jewish friends who were genuinely terrified at the prospect of Corbyn gaining power, they were also bitterly disappointed that the EHRC report had not been published before the election, by all accounts it paints a damning picture of a once proud party!

"colourful language" - there you go. It's not colourful language, it's racist language and there's no way you can sugarcoat it. Which completely proves my point that a lot of Tories who shout antisemitism from the rooftops aren't arsed at all about racism or bigotry.

Calling a gay man a "bum boy" IS homophobic
      Calling a muslim woman in a burkha a "letterbox" is racist

There's no two ways about it. It's not colourful language, it's derogatory
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,382 posts | 3215 
      Reply #604: Dec 18, 2019 03:15:38 pm
      Any link to that "fact" about Thatcher, honestly don't know about this.

There’s a long list you don’t know Tory Boy!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,495 posts | 4745 
      Reply #605: Dec 18, 2019 03:17:49 pm
      I actually think Boris does say some incredibly stupid things from time to time but I do NOT think he is racist or homophobic, he has however worked as a journalist most of his life and was known for his colourful use of language which on occasion was completely inappropriate and which he has apologised for.

It's not colourful language, it's casual racism!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,946 posts | 2517 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #606: Dec 18, 2019 03:39:20 pm
      Any link to that "fact" about Thatcher, honestly don't know about this.

Using google really isn't particularly difficult, you should try

Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,963 posts | 3450 
      Reply #607: Dec 18, 2019 04:54:01 pm
      As far as I know the Jewish population in this country do not have the same issue with Boris as they do with Corbyn, ask yourself why that is, perhaps just perhaps its not just a smear campaign against Corbyn. A few days before the election I was talking to a few Jewish friends who were genuinely terrified at the prospect of Corbyn gaining power, they were also bitterly disappointed that the EHRC report had not been published before the election, by all accounts it paints a damning picture of a once proud party!

You keep overplaying the Anti semitism card, it’s going to loose its meaning..
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2019 05:10:00 pm by Shabs »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 762 
      Reply #608: Dec 18, 2019 05:04:12 pm
      Can we lock this thread please?
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,963 posts | 3450 
      Reply #609: Dec 18, 2019 08:55:21 pm
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,366 posts | 601 
      Reply #610: Dec 18, 2019 09:04:20 pm
      They also transformed the UK electorate and ensured the Conservative party stormed to victory to form a strong Government.

Classic Corbyn.

Christmas comes even for Turkey's.  ;D
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,963 posts | 3450 
      Reply #611: Dec 18, 2019 09:17:11 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #612: Dec 19, 2019 12:37:59 pm
      I prefer it when Labour transforms the country as opposed to the party itself but hey ho... each to their own.

I mean, who would deny this?

https://twitter.com/RussInCheshire/status/1207071942601248772?s=20
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,963 posts | 3450 
      Reply #613: Dec 19, 2019 12:43:35 pm
      I prefer it when Labour transforms the country as opposed to the party itself but hey ho... each to their own.

I mean, who would deny this?

https://twitter.com/RussInCheshire/status/1207071942601248772?s=20

I’m still struggling with the result to be honest...

Labour never lost on its policies but Brexit.. its a shame Corbyn listened to the right & Blairites in the party to hold a 2nd referendum...

Just listened to the Queen speech.. not confident going forward..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #614: Dec 19, 2019 12:50:25 pm
      I’m still struggling with the result to be honest...

Labour never lost on its policies but Brexit.. its a shame Corbyn listened to the right & Blairites in the party to hold a 2nd referendum...

Just listened to the Queen speech.. not confident going forward..

If they had gone all out for Brexit then they'd not only have succeeded in wrecking their core vote in their working class heartlands but also that of their liberal/metropolitan urban centres.

Labour backing and proposing their own version of this right wing project would have been awful and somewhat humiliating for Corbyn. Attempts to appease it were pitiful. That they even attempted to do it and not even bothering to expose the suicidal nature of it means that Corbyn will be seen in history as an enabler of this grave constitutional error.

At the end of the day, Labour are and always have been an internationalist organisation. Past Labour governments input into the EU were befitting of a party that understood it's responsibility not just to Britain but Europe and were a refreshing change to the arch imperialist, we stand alone, attitudes still found to this day in the right. Those in Labour who stood by and continued to campaign for Britain's place in the EU understood those values better than the rest.
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2019 01:07:56 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,535 posts | 421 
      Reply #615: Dec 19, 2019 06:30:46 pm
      Don’t be led up the garden path by remain mp’s and some media saying that no deal is back on the table. Once the WA goes through i.e. ratified by parliament and the European Parliament that is the treaty done and can’t be changed. At the end of 2020 it will be trade that is agreed (or not).
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,963 posts | 3450 
      Reply #616: Dec 19, 2019 07:03:55 pm

Quick Reply