Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Villa?

Alisson
      1 (0.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      24 (22.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (2.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (0.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      23 (21.7%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      51 (48.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (0.9%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: Nov 06, 2019 04:56:41 pm

Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29297 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Nov 03, 2019 11:39:48 am
      I actually thought that that VAR was computer controlled, I had no idea you had some referee with a clear bias against Liverpool just drawing random lines until he finds one that makes a Liverpool goal offside!

Anyway there is a very simple solution to this, make it computer controlled using AI etc and measure offside on relative hip position, that is the only fair way to do it, not armpit versus knee ffs!

You don't need AI even, all you need are independent non FA affiliated people to follow simple SOP's who submit their findings to the referee on the pitch to review.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #484: Nov 03, 2019 11:42:10 am
      The linesman is the one who has got it wrong if he not had flagged it would have stood probably as it wasnt clear and obvious. My biggest complaint is the handball that was not even looked at
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #485: Nov 03, 2019 12:27:27 pm
      The whole thing is a complete balls up. You can't make a judgement call on millimetres from those angles. Parallax errors obviously come into it. No other sporting industry would tolerate such a complete and utter shoddy system for making decisions that affect thousands of punters and also the fate of Clubs and their finances.

https://www.racetech.co.uk/photo-finish-2

Look at Horse racing photo finishes, swimming etc.They all have state of the art technology to get the right result out there. Football has a caveman system that spews out a cobbled together guesswork decision. Total joke.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #486: Nov 03, 2019 12:31:16 pm
      The whole thing is a complete balls up. You can't make a judgement call on millimetres from those angles. Parallax errors obviously come into it. No other sporting industry would tolerate such a complete and utter shoddy system for making decisions that affect thousands of punters and also the fate of Clubs and their finances.

Look at Horse racing photo finishes, swimming etc.They all have state of the art technology to get the right result out there. Football has a caveman system that spews out a cobbled together guesswork decision. Total joke.

I think there needs to be a certain tolerance built in , say a few inches, and that you favour the attacking team, bingo problem solved, not so hard is it.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #487: Nov 03, 2019 01:11:51 pm
      I think there needs to be a certain tolerance built in , say a few inches, and that you favour the attacking team, bingo problem solved, not so hard is it.

Yes and I think they are looking at it as it's almost impossible to make a judgement call with the angles they have to work with. Might come down to a player is only offside where it can be clearly seen that all or part of the whole body is off. Not just an arm or a shoulder, has to be the torso. But in fairness it will be difficult to get it foolproof.

Putting in photo finish tech cameras all along the touchline is obviously not practical
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #488: Nov 03, 2019 01:22:30 pm

Sometimes now when we score, there's a little 'oh sh*t, wonder did anything go wrong in the build up that VAR could catch us out on', which is pretty crap.  Opposite is true though, if the other team score it's like, VAR where the f**k are you :)

I'm like that now.

When Mane scored yesterday, I was like "is it a goal? Is it a goal?..." and waiting for some sort of VAR call.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #489: Nov 03, 2019 01:41:42 pm
      I've been having another look at Mane's "dive", and the defender actually stood on the side of his foot.

Enough to go down?
      No

Enough to "feel contact"
      yes.

Enough to give Kane a penalty?
      Yes
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #490: Nov 03, 2019 01:41:48 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #491: Nov 03, 2019 02:02:51 pm
      Nothing better than last minute winners and I'm just loving the fight in Mane.

I haven't watched this as I am at my dad's side in Arrowe Park Hospital. He's dying here, literally, and know what? This game, we had to win, for him. I would've hated for the last Liverpool game of his life to have ended in defeat.

Sorry to be depressing but F***ing hell, it's got me emotional, that.

Get the F**k in.

YNWA

Heavy that, all the best to the family at a trying time, but hope that little moment right at the end brings a lasting memory for you.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #492: Nov 03, 2019 02:21:16 pm
      I've been having another look at Mane's "dive", and the defender actually stood on the side of his foot.

Enough to go down?
      No

Enough to "feel contact"
      yes.

Said as much yesterday. They checked it by VAR, and obviously saw the contact. Fair enough, there should not be a penalty really as it is minor.

BUT, they surely should have rescinded the Yellow card! That was given for diving which is to falsify the contact, but it was proven by VAR, so how can they not then cancel the Yellow?
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #493: Nov 03, 2019 02:52:02 pm
      Said as much yesterday. They checked it by VAR, and obviously saw the contact. Fair enough, there should not be a penalty really as it is minor.

BUT, they surely should have rescinded the Yellow card! That was given for diving which is to falsify the contact, but it was proven by VAR, so how can they not then cancel the Yellow?
      Love the late game heroics.....but.....this formula will not sustain.
      Goal scoring has become an issue.
      The high scoring 2017-18 team was most lethal when mids, especially Milner, crossed the ball from deep in the corner....or Ox hard charged it thru the defensive ranks forcing the opposition's back line to step forward toward him, thus freeing up passing lanes for the front 3....lanes that do not exist with this current offensive approach.
      True, pushing mids so far forward leaves LFC vulnerable on counters....but goals have been difficult to come by, especially against midling squads.

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #494: Nov 03, 2019 03:40:32 pm
      The high scoring 2017-18 team was most lethal when mids, especially Milner, crossed the ball from deep in the corner....or Ox hard charged it thru the defensive ranks forcing the opposition's back line to step forward toward him, thus freeing up passing lanes for the front 3....lanes that do not exist with this current offensive approach.
      True, pushing mids so far forward leaves LFC vulnerable on counters....but goals have been difficult to come by, especially against midling squads.

But it's more of a controlled performance based on defensive stability.Building from a solid foundation. We don't do the mad rush game we did under Rodgers.Even changed since Mo's first season heroics. It's one of the reasons we sometimes have to use up the full 90+ to get the result.

It's an exhustive approach, not the 20-25 minute frantic attack attack attack gig that very often killed teams off. It's a more concentrated longer version.Has it's downsides but it's working thus far.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #495: Nov 03, 2019 03:44:55 pm

Robot infra red laser linesman tracking the last defender would solve everything. Then place that bloody line in view of everyone, moving up and down the pitch as the last defender moves. Employ the same rail system on both sides of the pitch as those used for filming swim races underwater and 100m races in track and field.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #496: Nov 03, 2019 03:59:17 pm

Got to love it when a fan forumist tells Jürgen Klopp he's got the wrong formula. Love it.

I'm sure Jürgen and co will continue doing what they see is best in securing these results.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #497: Nov 03, 2019 04:01:23 pm
      Got to love it when a fan forumist tells Jürgen Klopp he's got the wrong formula. Love it.

He's clueless.

Been on ignore since his first few posts.

Utter drivel, and wum attempts is all I ever see when people quote him.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #498: Nov 03, 2019 04:06:45 pm
      Look at point where the red vertical dotted line meets the red diagonal offside  line. If we draw a horizontal line across from that point, it would be that space between Bobby and the defender.

Parallax error and blatant manipulation. Want to implement VAR, they’ll have to bloody know how to draw their lines.

Chris Kamara was going nuts, he noticed the line to bobbi is at an angle.

you can see hes online, I paused it on the tv, when the ball is struck hes inline with the guy, possibly behind.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #499: Nov 03, 2019 04:11:43 pm
      Chris Kamara was going nuts, he noticed the line to bobbi is at an angle.

you can see hes online, I paused it on the tv, when the ball is struck hes inline with the guy, possibly behind.

https://twitter.com/LFCTS/status/1190992688541306880?s=20
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #500: Nov 03, 2019 04:17:51 pm
      I actually thought that that VAR was computer controlled, I had no idea you had some referee with a clear bias against Liverpool just drawing random lines until he finds one that makes a Liverpool goal offside!

Anyway there is a very simple solution to this, make it computer controlled using AI etc and measure offside on relative hip position, that is the only fair way to do it, not armpit versus knee ffs!

Yeah ditto, thought it was some sophisticated computer program, Not Martin Atkinson drawing lines wherever the hell he feels like it. His vertical line comes down about 3 feet to Bobby's left. (And doesn't even look exactly vertical.)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #501: Nov 03, 2019 04:29:18 pm
      Seems Tamie Impala's banner he posted on one of the threads has been doing the rounds on facey by Liverpool groups praising it at Viĺla Park yesterday.

Good work fella!
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #502: Nov 03, 2019 04:34:14 pm

Love that.

We need more of this, and the officials need to come out and explain their actions. This is corruption.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #503: Nov 03, 2019 04:43:21 pm
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #504: Nov 03, 2019 08:05:29 pm
      I enjoy these games where the boys pull it off in the late minutes and we know if we want to win the league there will be a few times over the course of the season we will need to do this but I hope this going down one does not become a habit. We do need to get back into the habit of clean sheet which we saw a lot more last season.

As for the game I thought we played decent, worked the ball into good area's but the final ball was awful as we didn't create a whole whack of chances unlike the Spurs game. Salah was having one of those games wear nothing was going for him where every shot he took was a mile over the net and felt Gini was missing all the match. Thought that Lallana and Firmino had good showing, both full backs provided threat and Mane shown his class again coming up with the goods. I really enjoyed that ding ball to Robbo on the first goal, keeps doing that his assist total will be up there in no time.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #505: Nov 04, 2019 12:23:59 am
      I enjoy these games where the boys pull it off in the late minutes and we know if we want to win the league there will be a few times over the course of the season we will need to do this but I hope this going down one does not become a habit. We do need to get back into the habit of clean sheet which we saw a lot more last season.

As for the game I thought we played decent, worked the ball into good area's but the final ball was awful as we didn't create a whole whack of chances unlike the Spurs game. Salah was having one of those games wear nothing was going for him where every shot he took was a mile over the net and felt Gini was missing all the match. Thought that Lallana and Firmino had good showing, both full backs provided threat and Mane shown his class again coming up with the goods. I really enjoyed that ding ball to Robbo on the first goal, keeps doing that his assist total will be up there in no time.

Agree that it does seem I've heard Jürgen say a number of times post-match that we didn't start well or whatever.  Better starts are likely an area the coaches have targeted for improvement going forward.

Quick Reply