Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Liverpool v Genk Tues 5th Nov 20:00 KO

Read 6504 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Genk Tues 5th Nov 20:00 KO
      Reply #23: Nov 04, 2019 06:23:02 pm
      I know we looked at selling Lovren leaving us with just 3 centre halves so some at the club clearly arent that worried about success that position, but even with 4 centre halves when fit, I believe there's room for a Klavan/Kgyriakos type player in our squad.

May only play 8 games a season, might be pretty ordinary, but would be playing tomorrow rather than risking players who we need for weekend.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #24: Nov 04, 2019 07:08:15 pm
      streaming only for us tomorrow,tnt are having a pulisic dick sucking session.Might take me laptop to the F***ing pub.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #25: Nov 04, 2019 07:22:36 pm
                    Alisson
      TAA Lovren VVD Robertson
             Milner Fab AOC
          Salah Origi Lallana

Probably Hendo and Gini to start against Citeh, Bob and Mane too.
      So maybe give them a break, but start the usual back 5 to keep us good and solid.
      Lallana has been decent imho when have seen him, AOC has been OK too. Milner is Mr Reliable.
      Salah could maybe do with another run out.
      Huge match at the weekend vs Citeh, am sure Jürgen will get the balance right.
      Good that we're at home on Tues, and they're away in Italy on Wed.
      Whoever starts … CMON BOYS!!!!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #26: Nov 04, 2019 07:25:40 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

I'm not in football manager hangover but I think we actually can win with that line-up.

I would rest Fabinho, Firmino and Salah for Sunday.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #27: Nov 04, 2019 09:31:26 pm
      Is Fabinho back to zero now on the yellow card front??
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #28: Nov 05, 2019 09:04:13 am
      Very important we win this to virtually put us in the knockout stages albeit with a point needed from two further outings, no f***in about, let's get the job done and then think about the soon to be ex-champions on Sunday...

...                         Alisson
             Trent Lovren Van Dijk Robertson
                                  Fabinho
                        AOC                    Gini
                   Mane      Bobby      Origi...

GET ourselves 2 or 3 up by HT then we can think about resting legs for Sunday,  we have enough swinging dicks in our squad to rotate for the last two group games,  so full on in yer face 'we're gonna F**k you up' football tonight and we don't relent until we hit 4,
      We are current European Champions let's show the world exactly why , as for Genk , F**k Em, their simply a hurdle we need to get over on our way to No 7.

4-0 Mentality Monsters

YNWA
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #29: Nov 05, 2019 09:11:53 am
      I think we'll go close to full strength; think too many on here are underestimating the opposition.

We're not exactly clattering opponents when full strength, so why people think we can breeze past these with half a side is slightly baffling for me.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #30: Nov 05, 2019 09:35:02 am
      Agree with the two posts above, with a clean sheet in mind. Let's make it a perfect European night at Anfield.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #31: Nov 05, 2019 12:20:23 pm
      I think we'll go close to full strength; think too many on here are underestimating the opposition.

We're not exactly clattering opponents when full strength, so why people think we can breeze past these with half a side is slightly baffling for me.

Half a side ? They are part of the squad and of they are not good enough to compete against Genk at home they shouldn't be here
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32: Nov 05, 2019 01:21:33 pm
      Got to get the likes of Gomez, Keita and Ox up to speed in games like this one. We are an injury away from depending on some of them so they need to be ready.

Them three, Milner at full back and Origi in the front three are the changes I’m expecting (and Fabinho to play as well as he’s been off 10 days now).

I'd argue that we need to get players like Gini and Hendo up to speed, I'd play them in this game and Keita/Ox against Citeh, go full metal football on their asses!!
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #33: Nov 05, 2019 01:33:56 pm
      I'd argue that we need to get players like Gini and Hendo up to speed, I'd play them in this game and Keita/Ox against Citeh, go full metal football on their asses!!
      Play Keita/Ox together against City & they'll rip us a new one!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34: Nov 05, 2019 02:30:01 pm

Midfield v City has to be Fabinho with either Wijnaldum or Henderson, & Ox.

As for tonight.
      Big fan of starting as strong as possible and then getting in the early subs.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35: Nov 05, 2019 03:14:16 pm
      Play Keita/Ox together against City & they'll rip us a new one!

yes better to just sit back and let them destroy our passive midfield with our forwards isolated up front
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #36: Nov 05, 2019 03:19:53 pm
      yes better to just sit back and let them destroy our passive midfield with our forwards isolated up front

Theres been enough evidence already this season that playing Ox and Keita together makes us too open.

Midfield area too important than to play those 2 together unless its games like tonight where we should really have too much for them, regardless.

One of them can play, perhaps at any one go, but in the big games it will be Gini, Fab and Hendo. 

Big games you have to earn the right and win the battle first.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #37: Nov 05, 2019 04:30:28 pm
      How many times has that happened in the past 50 league matches?............
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #38: Nov 05, 2019 04:35:02 pm
      First trip of the season to fortress Anfield for me tonight, just got to hotel and absolutely buzzing for the game. Hoping to see goals and lots of then! I’m hoping Ox gets the start at the weekend so hopefully he may not start tonigh. We should be comfortable tonight but you never know for sure
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #39: Nov 05, 2019 05:08:25 pm
      First trip of the season to fortress Anfield for me tonight, just got to hotel and absolutely buzzing for the game. Hoping to see goals and lots of then! I’m hoping Ox gets the start at the weekend so hopefully he may not start tonigh. We should be comfortable tonight but you never know for sure
      Have a good un. 

Be surprised if it's not usual 3 in MF against City, so think you'll see one of Ox or Keita from the start today.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40: Nov 05, 2019 05:10:01 pm

The midfielders are going to be rotated until March or so when the fixtures finally thin out (assuming we keep going in the Champions League). Using all of them is in no way taking a dim view of our opposition. It's possible Salah may be kept out tonight for fitness reasons, but he did train yesterday so perhaps not.

I don't know whether Milner might step in for one of the fullbacks, probably not. If he does, it's about rotating over the long haul (and more immediately before the biggest league game of the season thus far), not an underestimation of Genk.

Sounds like Curtis Jones might be in the 18 based on the UEFA Youth League game. He's with the first team but probably will only make the bench if Salah is kept out altogether due to his ankle.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #41: Nov 05, 2019 06:12:28 pm
      The midfielders are going to be rotated until March or so when the fixtures finally thin out (assuming we keep going in the Champions League). Using all of them is in no way taking a dim view of our opposition. It's possible Salah may be kept out tonight for fitness reasons, but he did train yesterday so perhaps not.

I don't know whether Milner might step in for one of the fullbacks, probably not. If he does, it's about rotating over the long haul (and more immediately before the biggest league game of the season thus far), not an underestimation of Genk.

Sounds like Curtis Jones might be in the 18 based on the UEFA Youth League game. He's with the first team but probably will only make the bench if Salah is kept out altogether due to his ankle.

Would have no qualms with Milner playing at FB if that meant getting any advantage we can for Sunday

Quick Reply