Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester City (10/11/19 - 16:30)

Read 31671 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester City (10/11/19 - 16:30)
      Nov 06, 2019 12:52:31 pm

+3 points from the Mentality Monsters please!!! Go for their throat and watch them fall. 3-1 Redmen!!!  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester City (10/11/19 - 16:30)
      Reply #1: Nov 06, 2019 01:02:16 pm
      Interesting to see our tactics fir this one. I am hoping we get after them with a full on pressing game. If we let them settle into their passing game we will end up on the back foot. Last year Pep has them playing slightly differently, he kept his full backs deeper, played keep ball and didn’t really give our lads much space to play in. If he does the same I do worry about our midfield three because they are not the prettiest on the ball. Personally I would start with Ox but I think Klopp will play the team listed in the opening post.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Nov 06, 2019 01:03:08 pm

+3 points from the Mentality Monsters please!!! Go for their throat and watch them fall. 3-1 Redmen!!!  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

On current form I would not start Salah, I'd rather see Origi or Ox in attack, or play Origi as a forward and Ox for Hendo but that might be too gung ho, but then again I'm nervous about us sitting back at the moment, our defence is not quite as solid as last year.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #3: Nov 06, 2019 01:14:09 pm
      On current form I would not start Salah, I'd rather see Origi or Ox in attack, or play Origi as a forward and Ox for Hendo but that might be too gung ho, but then again I'm nervous about us sitting back at the moment, our defence is not quite as solid as last year.

Dropping Salah would be a massive mistake. Did you watch united away? Even when he’s not playing great his runs and movement cause all kinds of problems.

Plus it would impact him personally- dropping him for the biggest game of the season after everything he’s done? Nah.

Tried and tested front 3 every single time for me.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4: Nov 06, 2019 01:29:33 pm
      This week a real must not loose game
       Wonder what formation Klopp will play. Would be great to win there defence isnt to strong hope we go for the throat
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #5: Nov 06, 2019 01:32:46 pm
      Salah must start, if only to keep their defence occupied.  The ball is not dropping for him at the moment, but that will change and hopefully on Sunday.

Ox would be a good one to bring on in the 2nd half with his speed and ability to go round players.

First of all keep a clean sheet that would be great as i always fancy us to nick a goal somehow.

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #6: Nov 06, 2019 01:35:43 pm
      This week a real must not loose gamr

The two head to head games last year decided the title.  It was a simple as that.

We got more points against the other 18 teams than City did but they took four points off us and we only took one off them.

However, I do agree that it's more a must not lose than a must win right now.  City have had an easy ride of it in the league so far compared to us.  If we are still 6 points clear after Sunday's game then I think the following games give us an opportunity to stretch that.

Salah must start, if only to keep their defence occupied.

Not sure.  Lot to be said about top players doing the job against top opposition, but on form I think he's behind both Ox and even Origi.  I do expect Salah to start though.  Be a big kick in the bollocks for him to get dropped for one of our more important games so far this season.

First of all keep a clean sheet that would be great

I'm not expecting that.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #7: Nov 06, 2019 01:37:32 pm
      The two head to head games last year decided the title.  It was a simple as that.

We got more points against the other 18 teams than City did but they took four points off us and we only took one off them.

However, I do agree that it's more a must not lose than a must win right now.  City have had an easy ride of it in the league so far compared to us.  If we are still 6 points clear after Sunday's game then I think the following games give us an opportunity to stretch that.

I'm not expecting that.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #8: Nov 06, 2019 01:37:45 pm
      Me neither
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #9: Nov 06, 2019 02:09:31 pm
      No way would I be dropping Salah for this game and I doubt Klopp will either.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #10: Nov 06, 2019 03:01:04 pm

Be absolutely mad to drop Salah. Admittedly he has been snatching at his chances a bit lately but he's still scored 3 goals in his last 4 games. His close control and strength is still top drawer and he should get a lot more space to punish City seeing as they don't play as conservatively as most other opponents
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #11: Nov 06, 2019 03:33:21 pm
      Dropping Salah would be a massive mistake. Did you watch united away? Even when he’s not playing great his runs and movement cause all kinds of problems.

Plus it would impact him personally- dropping him for the biggest game of the season after everything he’s done? Nah.

Tried and tested front 3 every single time for me.

My school of thought is "we need to teach him a lesson for underperforming. Only players with the best form plays."

My afterthought will be "He needs to be sold if his current form persists. We need to maintain a high standard of play. No room for complacency. Big names should also be threatened with job insecurity. If he isn't happy we'd just replace him with Mbappe. This fear/threat goes through the whole squad."

Which explains why I have 100% win record in football manager and make tons of money selling my out of form key players.

Have I disregarded the emotional side like squad morale, teamwork and injected fear into my players? Which also explains why we'll just let Jürgen do what the Liverpool manager needs to do. I'd run the club to the ground if FSG hires me.

Let me see... I'll just remain as a keyboard manager at best. Not good enough.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #12: Nov 06, 2019 03:50:14 pm
      Not sure.  Lot to be said about top players doing the job against top opposition, but on form I think he's behind both Ox and even Origi.  I do expect Salah to start though.  Be a big kick in the bollocks for him to get dropped for one of our more important games so far this season.

Mo came off on 65" against Villa - poor game.
      He was poor against Genk where AOC again got an important goal for us, albeit Salah set him up.

It would be a big call not to start Mo - but there is no doubt AOC's finishing is better right now. General play/build up, not much in that between the two.

But would not be surprised if Jürgen goes for AOC.

It's a massive game, am sure Jürgen will make the right call either way.  The league is THE priority this season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #13: Nov 06, 2019 03:56:21 pm
      It would be a big call not to start Mo - but there is no doubt AOC's finishing is better right now. General play/build up, not much in that between the two.

It would be a big call.  FWIW I do think he will start Mo.  He could have had a hat-trick last night but obviously saving them for the weekend (I hope).
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #14: Nov 06, 2019 04:04:42 pm
      Re posting this..

Pep knows what they are in for..👊🏼

https://twitter.com/_sabista/status/1145637569972936704?s=21
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #15: Nov 06, 2019 04:07:37 pm
      Looking forward to this one! Already in Pep's head and hope we come out flying to put these in their place. Think the 6 point advantage will see us do just that and Mo has to start. They will be more afraid of him than they will Origi, who has been very good may i add.

Come on you reds! 3-1
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #16: Nov 06, 2019 04:10:58 pm
      My school of thought is "we need to teach him a lesson for underperforming. Only players with the best form plays."

My afterthought will be "He needs to be sold if his current form persists. We need to maintain a high standard of play. No room for complacency. Big names should also be threatened with job insecurity. If he isn't happy we'd just replace him with Mbappe. This fear/threat goes through the whole squad."

Which explains why I have 100% win record in football manager and make tons of money selling my out of form key players.

Have I disregarded the emotional side like squad morale, teamwork and injected fear into my players? Which also explains why we'll just let Jürgen do what the Liverpool manager needs to do. I'd run the club to the ground if FSG hires me.

You're not very good at sarcasm...
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #17: Nov 06, 2019 04:46:26 pm

Sometimes you know it might be quite a good idea to engage a brain cell or two before operating ones gob, drop Salah , Are you mad ?

That's exactly what would give them a much needed leg up, rendering us weakened and losing a pivotal part of our devastating front three, Salah of late may not have been top of the pops but his playing off the ball can be as important as hitting the onion bag, basically he remains a threat and a massive headache for a sh*t defence,  f***in hell Heimy,  are you feeling alright?

Think Jürgen will go with his trusted mid 3 of Fab, Hendo & Gini but if Hendo don't make it I think he'll slot Millie in in his stead, I'd love it he played the Ox but i think we'll need a sturdier midfield to combat their trio,

There's talk D Silva won't feature but they still have the Bernardo variety and of course the brilliant KDB, hopefully we'll play a more adventurous game as opposed to last season where I thought Jürgen played it  too cagey cancelling each other out.

Allison
            Trent Lovren Van Dijk Robertson
                                Fabinho
                    Hendo                 Gini
                 Salah                          Mane
                                 Firmino

2-1  Champions Elect

YNWA
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #18: Nov 06, 2019 04:50:16 pm

I'm not expecting that.

It's a big game, it's an important game, it's a landmark game. But it's played on November 10 so it's not a "Must" anything.

We could lose it and win the league going away. We could win, go up 9 points,and City could come back and win the title. Both of these could happen after a draw. There will be 26 league matches remaining for each team after Sunday. 26!

Hopefully it will be a fantastic occasion and one for our team to really shine. But nothing will be decided on Sunday.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #19: Nov 06, 2019 04:54:06 pm
      Mo came off on 65" against Villa - poor game.
      He was poor against Genk where AOC again got an important goal for us, albeit Salah set him up.

It's a massive game, am sure Jürgen will make the right call either way.  The league is THE priority this season.

If Ox starts it would be in place of Gini or Hendo in midfield, not Mo at forward. If Mo was dropped (he won't be) it would be for Origi.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #20: Nov 06, 2019 04:57:13 pm

F**k ME ! !
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #21: Nov 06, 2019 05:17:37 pm

;D. He's not serious mate.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #22: Nov 06, 2019 05:24:11 pm

Friggin hope not, God almighty,  ;D

Quick Reply