Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Watford [Premier League] Sat 14th Dec @ 12:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 12th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D6 L6

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester City (10/11/19 - 16:30)

Read 5966 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,587 posts | 536 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester City (10/11/19 - 16:30)
      Reply #125: Nov 09, 2019 12:45:01 pm
      Fella it's called being objective. Just because I'm able.to see it this way doesn't mean I don't want us to win. I challenge any other fan to make as much noise as me Sunday

At least till ya mum tells ya to be quiet ay?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,663 posts | 238 
      Reply #126: Nov 09, 2019 01:06:06 pm
      Going off my nerves I’ll take a draw right now, tomorrow will be different though, I’ll be wanting nothing less than 3.
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 11 
      Reply #127: Nov 09, 2019 01:39:13 pm

No she's dead and I'm 29
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,080 posts | 837 
      • YNWA
      Reply #128: Nov 09, 2019 01:46:27 pm
      Saw Sly ads for the game using the Star Wars credits/fonts/music.
      They're not half building up this one :)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,080 posts | 837 
      • YNWA
      Reply #129: Nov 09, 2019 01:48:10 pm

Some people don't like it if you're not waving flags all the time.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,399 posts | 472 
      Reply #130: Nov 09, 2019 01:54:46 pm
      6 pointer for sure but coming out of it we could be one game away from being second top. Pep knows that and he might just gamble. City are an attacking team, fantastic goal scoring team. How will Pep approach it. Playing for draw I think is against his natural attacking mentality.

He clearly believes they are still better than us.He was last season but so far this season, he's not. Been said they might play 5 at the back...doubt it. Been said they'd take a point...doubt it. I expect them to start on the front foot if they can.Pep's here to win. Bring it on..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,051 posts | 2523 
      Reply #131: Nov 09, 2019 02:25:19 pm
      3 points is all that matters, don't care how.

Smash the cu*ts.
      higgy_sham
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,447 posts | 423 
      Reply #132: Nov 09, 2019 02:53:50 pm
      When we beat City and Leicester beat Arsenal, City will drop to fourth.

Granted I doubt they'll stay there for long but it'll give them something to think about.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,061 posts | 4406 
      Reply #133: Nov 09, 2019 03:02:44 pm
      Granted I doubt they'll stay there for long but it'll give them something to think about.

They've got Chelsea in their next game so someone's dropping points.
      Cad1875
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 523 posts | 35 
      Reply #134: Nov 09, 2019 03:04:21 pm
      We shouldn't have any bother with City what will be will be , our problem that still hasn't been addressed/resolved IMO is more the cynical ante Liverpool way  VAR dodgy referees and guys in a booth miles away are shafting us in 90 minutes ,if the last couple of Premiership games are anything to go by we should be well prepared for the worst.
      Once that whistle was blown at Old Trafford the got away with it ,the result stood, all the faff days after and comments left right and centre do heehaw for LFC,its proved to be wrong but still hit us where it counts dropping points ,luckily we got a result at Villa but thats another bullet dodging scenario armpits offside wheres the genius that phrased that I want to see what that cock looks like,as I say I think we are well capable of taking the 3 points I just dont have any confidence  that we will get a fare shake with whats happened previously .
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 76 
      Reply #135: Nov 09, 2019 03:37:19 pm
      We all need to be loud tomorrow. Scare the sh*t out of ALL the City players not just Sterling ( who’s arse always goes when he comes back here)
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,101 posts | 1115 
      Reply #136: Nov 09, 2019 03:42:33 pm

Can’t go jumping on every new poster just because they don’t agree...it’s good to get some different views, forum is the same names posting recently

Just hope we take the points tomorrow, was reading an article earlier about how quality the match was tactically between both teams last year, margins are so fine now but we essentially lost the title in the two games against City last year.

Have to play for the win here because City won’t drop many more points this season.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,399 posts | 472 
      Reply #137: Nov 09, 2019 03:46:28 pm
      We shouldn't have any bother with City what will be will be , our problem that still hasn't been addressed/resolved IMO is more the cynical ante Liverpool way  VAR dodgy referees and guys in a booth miles away are shafting us in 90 minutes ,if the last couple of Premiership games are anything to go by we should be well prepared for the worst.
      Once that whistle was blown at Old Trafford the got away with it ,the result stood, all the faff days after and comments left right and centre do heehaw for LFC,its proved to be wrong but still hit us where it counts dropping points ,luckily we got a result at Villa but thats another bullet dodging scenario armpits offside wheres the genius that phrased that I want to see what that cock looks like,as I say I think we are well capable of taking the 3 points I just dont have any confidence  that we will get a fare shake with whats happened previously .

Can think of 3 VAR decisions..one we won when away to Chelsea..offside.Away to Mancheater U. when Mane's goal was ruled hand ball. Against Villa when Firmino was ruled offside. So we are -1 so far. In the League. Can't think of any more in the Prem League.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,399 posts | 472 
      Reply #138: Nov 09, 2019 03:51:52 pm
      Can’t go jumping on every new poster just because they don’t agree...it’s good to get some different views, forum is the same names posting recently

Just hope we take the points tomorrow, was reading an article earlier about how quality the match was tactically between both teams last year, margins are so fine now but we essentially lost the title in the two games against City last year.

Have to play for the win here because City won’t drop many more points this season.

Problem is teams drop deep and let City come on to them.If they actually said "lets have a go" some teams might get something. That's not saying they are beatable week in week out..but they are beatable but only if teams actually believe they can do it.
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,101 posts | 1115 
      Reply #139: Nov 09, 2019 03:57:29 pm
      Problem is teams drop deep and let City come on to them.If they actually said "lets have a go" some teams might get something. That's not saying they are beatable week in week out..but they are beatable but only if teams actually believe they can do it.

To be fair, I can understand the reluctance if you’re in the bottom half to play for a win and go at them.

You leave yourself open to an absolute mauling if it goes wrong and goal difference at the bottom could be critical.

It’s no different for us, I think opposition fans are up for it more at away games because of our name which the opposition fees off and can make it seem like they are putting in more effort than when they play City, but realistically a lot of teams sit deep against us too.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,587 posts | 536 
      Reply #140: Nov 09, 2019 04:26:14 pm

Not arsed about a different opinion,loads on here i don't agree with.It was the calling out about how he's gonna make more noise than anyone else,juvenile sh*te,hence my mom gag.
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,871 posts | 72 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #141: Nov 09, 2019 05:27:31 pm
      Regarding Aguero, am I right in saying he’s never finished as the leagues top scorer? Salah gets slated for not playing like the first season but he’s still won back to back golden boots and isn’t a million miles behind the top scorers currently. Consistency is a big part but Salah, more often than not delivers in one way or another. Even Aguero has had his spells, I remember a couple seasons ago he went near on 10 games without a goal.

He won the golden boot once with 14-15 but he been a player based on stats built on consistency, right now he on pace to crack 20 goals in the Premiership which would be his 7th time doing it in the 9 season he been with Citeh. I agree with King Kenny that you are very unlikely to see another season from Salah that we saw in 17-18 where he went off but I think for him he fit and plays majority of matches he will crack 20 goals again in Premiership and maybe 30 in all competitions plus he does set up a few as well.

That being said it easy to see that he hasn't been as sharp as he usually been over the past coupe week, loses the ball a bit more then he should, his shots been balloning over the net. The thing often bothers me (this is even when he is on) that he won't switch things up and take the defender to the bi line or try to beat him one v one, he just cuts inside every time. Regardless I still think Salah in the current form still offers more threat to Citeh then Ox out wide (I prefer him in the middle) or Origi (who best work is late off the bench).

LondonRed83
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,170 posts | 1532 
      Reply #142: Nov 09, 2019 07:59:09 pm
      I can’t help myself reading that Bluemoon forum. They all genuinely believe we are sh*t and get official help from the FA and FIFA - deluded!

This one made me laugh...

It's a funny fact about this Liverpool team that although they never lose (1 defeat in last 50 league games) they are often behind / seem to be struggling.

If they hadn't come back in the games they've been behind just so far this season, then instead of being 6 pts clear, they'd currently be 4th, just a couple of wins ahead of the likes of Brighton.
      higgy_sham
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,447 posts | 423 
      Reply #143: Nov 09, 2019 08:48:50 pm
      I can’t help myself reading that Bluemoon forum. They all genuinely believe we are sh*t and get official help from the FA and FIFA - deluded!

It's a funny fact about this Liverpool team that although they never lose (1 defeat in last 50 league games) they are often behind / seem to be struggling.

If they hadn't come back in the games they've been behind just so far this season, then instead of being 6 pts clear, they'd currently be 4th, just a couple of wins ahead of the likes of Brighton.

'Currently 4th' just like they are. And f**k I hope we keep the bas**rds there til after the international break and have it eat away at them for 2 weeks.
      LondonRed83
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,170 posts | 1532 
      Reply #144: Nov 09, 2019 09:15:14 pm
      'Currently 4th' just like they are. And f**k I hope we keep the bas**rds there til after the international break and have it eat away at them for 2 weeks.

Be the best feeling ever to beat them tomorrow! Please!!!!!!
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 11 
      Reply #145: Nov 09, 2019 09:28:34 pm
      Imagine if we won and it was via a penno after a legit foul on mane in the 95th minute. I'd have a stroke
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,101 posts | 1115 
      Reply #146: Nov 09, 2019 09:34:21 pm
      Imagine if we won and it was via a penno after a legit foul on mane in the 95th minute. I'd have a stroke

I hope it’s after a an apparent Mane dive given after a VAR intervention showing the absolutely softest decision ever. Think Pep’s head would explode
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,760 posts | 2108 
      Reply #147: Nov 09, 2019 09:35:39 pm
      I hope it’s after a an apparent Mane dive given after a VAR intervention showing the absolutely softest decision ever. Think Pep’s head would explode

That would be fantastic.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,399 posts | 472 
      Reply #148: Nov 09, 2019 10:22:43 pm

I class them in the same bracket as Chelsea. A bought and paid for off the peg manufactured club. Obviously money now rules but at least we have our fantastic history that was achieved by pure 100% football people and their knowledge of the "beautiful game".
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 696 posts | 65 
      Reply #149: Nov 09, 2019 10:49:15 pm
      I class them in the same bracket as Chelsea. A bought and paid for off the peg manufactured club. Obviously money now rules but at least we have our fantastic history that was achieved by pure 100% football people and their knowledge of the "beautiful game".

Thank god there are people out there who knows the score.  Thank you

Quick Reply