Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester City (10/11/19 - 16:30)

Read 31875 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester City (10/11/19 - 16:30)
      Reply #23: Nov 06, 2019 06:27:43 pm
      Get right into the mancs from the off. No F***ing quarter given to those spice-headed delusional cu*ts.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #24: Nov 06, 2019 06:35:21 pm
      If we were 6 points adrift I would play Alex in for Hendo or Gini. But we are in front and I think the Boss will go with the normal front 6. Mo must play. He did well in the second half V Genk.

But could be that TAA is told to hold his position more as we can't allow Sterling so much space. Tight one for sure.Do we go at them and risk it or play it cool and pick them off. Remember the onus is on them. VAR will balls it up - that's a given.

1-0 but could easily be a draw.
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #25: Nov 06, 2019 06:38:47 pm
      My school of thought is "we need to teach him a lesson for underperforming. Only players with the best form plays."

My afterthought will be "He needs to be sold if his current form persists. We need to maintain a high standard of play. No room for complacency. Big names should also be threatened with job insecurity. If he isn't happy we'd just replace him with Mbappe. This fear/threat goes through the whole squad."

Which explains why I have 100% win record in football manager and make tons of money selling my out of form key players.

Have I disregarded the emotional side like squad morale, teamwork and injected fear into my players? Which also explains why we'll just let Jürgen do what the Liverpool manager needs to do. I'd run the club to the ground if FSG hires me.

Let me see... I'll just remain as a keyboard manager at best. Not good enough.

Start on Monday..be at Anfield 8 AM sharpe...ask for Billy.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #26: Nov 06, 2019 06:48:23 pm
      Can TAA be the catalyst on offense and a stone wall on defense vs the likes of Sterling?
      Its asking a lot vs the league's most potent attack

ManC is averaging almost a goal more than LFC on offense while the teams have conceded essentially the same on D.
      Unlike last year, I don't expect Pup to park the bus....LFC has proven more vulnerable defensively this season with much lesser teams finding the net 8 games running.

I expect Henderson to support TAA on D
      Gini=reliability
      Fab=lock

If the self proclaimed best defender in the world starts next to VvD.....yikes

What is the betting line?

Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #27: Nov 06, 2019 07:12:00 pm
      Good tight defence is obviously going to be just as important. Vital that we close them down even from their back 4. So many teams stand off them, we can't let them play in De bruyne at will, they will pass us to death, or let them counter. The speed of their counter attacks are amazing. Doesn't mean we sit deep but we can't go gung ho either.

TAA will have to curb his support a little bit more. Aguero having an off day means nothing, predators bite numerous times times before taking a chunk. Aguero never hides. David Silva as well has great movement, making runs down the lines pulling defenders out, and is as tough as Sterling. Stones if he plays can be got at, not a weak link, good but not yet great.

We have to play with high energy and try and keep them from passing us out of it.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #28: Nov 06, 2019 07:29:55 pm
      NB: Team no longer available
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #29: Nov 06, 2019 08:14:12 pm
      Dropping Salah would be a massive mistake. Did you watch united away? Even when he’s not playing great his runs and movement cause all kinds of problems.

Plus it would impact him personally- dropping him for the biggest game of the season after everything he’s done? Nah.

Tried and tested front 3 every single time for me.

Ah diddums would it hurt his feelings if he didn't play, well he needs to grow a set then doesn't he. BTW yes I've been watching him F**k up simple passes and shots for a lot of games now, he needs dropping and we need to play someone in better form, like the Ox.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #30: Nov 06, 2019 08:16:16 pm
      Dropping Salah would be a massive mistake. Did you watch united away? Even when he’s not playing great his runs and movement cause all kinds of problems.

Plus it would impact him personally- dropping him for the biggest game of the season after everything he’s done? Nah.

Ah diddums would it hurt his feelings if he didn't play, well he needs to grow a set then doesn't he. BTW yes I've been watching him F**k up simple passes and shots for a lot of games now, he needs dropping and we need to play someone in better form, like the Ox or Origi.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #31: Nov 06, 2019 08:35:19 pm
      As well as Ox has been playing, I think Jürgen is going to stick with the usual suspects in this match.  In my opinion, the most important thing here is that we avoid defeat.  City still have to play Chelsea, Arsenal, United, and Leicester before we reach the halfway point.  They will drop more points in those games.  I'm guessing this one will be a 0-0 as both teams will be more cautious than usual. 

Alisson
      TAA - Lovren - VVD - Robbo
      Fabinho
      Hendo -- Gini
      Salah - Bobby - Mane
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #32: Nov 06, 2019 08:44:32 pm
      Ah diddums would it hurt his feelings if he didn't play, well he needs to grow a set then doesn't he. BTW yes I've been watching him f**k up simple passes and shots for a lot of games now, he needs dropping and we need to play someone in better form, like the Ox or Origi.

It's a fair assessment, your right he hasn't been on blob of late. But I just think that's his game.He screwed up attacks even when he was in wrecking ball form. You know that as well as I do. It's a matter of standing by him. You do that I know and it's a fair shout to say others might do better - at this time. Could be that a little pause in his career here will do him more good than harm but I think if he's fit enough I'd go with him for this game. Wouldn't rule out a rest in the next few weeks tho.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #33: Nov 06, 2019 08:59:30 pm

LondonRed - Of course you wouldn't drop Salah...because you're not a F***ing idiot!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34: Nov 06, 2019 09:15:17 pm
      It's a fair assessment, your right he hasn't been on blob of late. But I just think that's his game.He screwed up attacks even when he was in wrecking ball form. You know that as well as I do. It's a matter of standing by him. You do that I know and it's a fair shout to say others might do better - at this time. Could be that a little pause in his career here will do him more good than harm but I think if he's fit enough I'd go with him for this game. Wouldn't rule out a rest in the next few weeks tho.

Well if Salah plays then I hope it's the game he finally clicks back into gear. I'd still like to see Ox featuring though, he's in good form at the moment.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,982 posts | 513 
      Reply #35: Nov 06, 2019 09:21:05 pm
      Hopefully we go after them with the full gegenpress in this one. Our more conservative style over the last season or so has helped us get more points over all, manage games better etc. But Jürgen's record against Guardiola shows the latter does not like it up him with the high press. We didn't play badly against them last season, but we didn't go after them as much as usual and didn't cause them as many problems. Like to see us go for the jugular at the weekend.

Team picks itself, apart from who partners Virgil. I'd go for Joe, but it's close on current form and I think Jürgen will go Lovren. The midfield 3 will be Fab, Hendo and Gini. Learn to accept it!

(As for dropping Mo! Catch yourselves on.)

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #36: Nov 06, 2019 09:30:27 pm
      Ederson injured?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,282 posts | 1513 
      Reply #37: Nov 06, 2019 09:33:12 pm
      Drop Salah, and we lose. Play Salah and we still don't win. All the same, damned if you do, damned if you don't.
      We know from experience that City don't cope with the gengen press. So exploit their weakness. We have been a bit mixed of late because we are giving sides time and space. Lets get at the bas**rds from the start, we have a much better bench now. When we went for the big high tempo press in the past, we did tend to tire a tad in the last 15 - 20, and let side back into a game. We've got fresh legs with quality now, so we can press for 90 mins. Last year both sides were too negative and afraid of losing. I think City know they have to win this one, but at the same time, will be sh*t scared of losing it. We press from the off, and they will be rattled from the start. A huge contribution from the Kop etc, will finish the job.
      We just need to be aware of the spaces at any one time behind Trent and Robbo. The midfield need to remember, if they go forward, someone has to cover. And keep Debruyne quiet and close. No space and time,and he's as ordinary as everyone else can be.
      3 -1 TO THE RED MEN  :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #38: Nov 06, 2019 09:35:42 pm

Yup..

City struggling against Atalanta .. on this evidence we should maul them.. there for the taking..

& Mendy is sh*te..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #39: Nov 06, 2019 09:59:33 pm
      Yup..

City struggling against Atalanta .. on this evidence we should maul them.. there for the taking..

& Mendy is sh*te..

Good to hear, I'll take a 1 nil!
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #40: Nov 07, 2019 12:56:00 am

Sometimes you know it might be quite a good idea to engage a brain cell or two before operating ones gob, drop Salah , Are you mad ?

:laugh:
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #41: Nov 07, 2019 12:58:55 am
      Usual suspects for me, with only issue is who comes into midfield with Fabinho and for me its Hendo and Gini. City have been shown to be susceptible to teams whom force them out of their rhythm. Plus they are sh*t at the back. I think Gomez should play with Virgil. I just think Lovren is susceptible to going full Lovren in this one. Gomez is quicker and that might be a factor here.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #42: Nov 07, 2019 05:13:12 am
      I wouldn't mind if we could get off on the right foot and score the first goal in this game as the trend over the last month has been to give up the first goal. I think the key will be to take our chances, wither we create them or Citeh gift them to us. I have a feeling it will be played out like last season at Anfield, especially early on where they will sit back and counter us. Win this is more about momentium going forward more so then adding 3 more points to the gap. Win this we will be going into busy part of the season with a lot of positive vibes.
      I think Firmino is due for a goal or two this game, he been getting chances but has not been putting them in the net and has not scored in last 9 game.

Line-up I think pretty much set in stone unless Hendo is hurt which leave door open for Milner (who I would put my money on) or Ox in the middle.

-------------------Alisson-------------------
      TAA--------Lovren------VvD--------Robbo
      ------Hendo------Fabinho----Gini---------
      ----Salah--------Firmino---------Mane---

Subs: Adrian, Gomez, Milner, Lallana, Ketia, Ox, Origi
      rossyred

• 9,229 posts | 1650 
      Reply #43: Nov 07, 2019 08:07:59 am
      As well as Ox has been playing, I think Jürgen is going to stick with the usual suspects in this match.  In my opinion, the most important thing here is that we avoid defeat.  City still have to play Chelsea, Arsenal, United, and Leicester before we reach the halfway point.  They will drop more points in those games.  I'm guessing this one will be a 0-0 as both teams will be more cautious than usual. 

Alisson
      TAA - Lovren - VVD - Robbo
      Fabinho
      Hendo -- Gini
      Salah - Bobby - Mane

If this is 0-0 I will show my arse at town hall clock
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,275 posts | 762 
      Reply #44: Nov 07, 2019 09:24:47 am
      Huge game on Sunday, Mo Salah must start, with probably Origi on the bench. Also think AOC should be in the starting line up. Think a score draw would be a satisfactory result. Surely an entertaining game, with a few goals, from two attacking teams, with suspect defences.
      ruthcity

• 6,917 posts | 1476 
      Reply #45: Nov 07, 2019 10:02:24 am
      Start on Monday..be at Anfield 8 AM sharpe...ask for Billy.

I know my place mate. Ruthless management of players and staff is a sure-fire way of making all your soldiers turn against you. Before you know it, a poor run of games would get you sacked ahead of implementing your grand squad overhaul plan.

I'm sorry for saying I'd sell Mo. I need to think before I suggest such ruthless man management style. They don't work anyway. My name doesn't suggest I'm like that as well.

Quick Reply