Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester City (10/11/19 - 16:30)

Read 31657 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester City (10/11/19 - 16:30)
      Reply #138: Nov 09, 2019 03:51:52 pm
      Can’t go jumping on every new poster just because they don’t agree...it’s good to get some different views, forum is the same names posting recently

Just hope we take the points tomorrow, was reading an article earlier about how quality the match was tactically between both teams last year, margins are so fine now but we essentially lost the title in the two games against City last year.

Have to play for the win here because City won’t drop many more points this season.

Problem is teams drop deep and let City come on to them.If they actually said "lets have a go" some teams might get something. That's not saying they are beatable week in week out..but they are beatable but only if teams actually believe they can do it.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #139: Nov 09, 2019 03:57:29 pm
      Problem is teams drop deep and let City come on to them.If they actually said "lets have a go" some teams might get something. That's not saying they are beatable week in week out..but they are beatable but only if teams actually believe they can do it.

To be fair, I can understand the reluctance if you’re in the bottom half to play for a win and go at them.

You leave yourself open to an absolute mauling if it goes wrong and goal difference at the bottom could be critical.

It’s no different for us, I think opposition fans are up for it more at away games because of our name which the opposition fees off and can make it seem like they are putting in more effort than when they play City, but realistically a lot of teams sit deep against us too.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #140: Nov 09, 2019 04:26:14 pm
      Can’t go jumping on every new poster just because they don’t agree...it’s good to get some different views, forum is the same names posting recently

Just hope we take the points tomorrow, was reading an article earlier about how quality the match was tactically between both teams last year, margins are so fine now but we essentially lost the title in the two games against City last year.

Have to play for the win here because City won’t drop many more points this season.

Not arsed about a different opinion,loads on here i don't agree with.It was the calling out about how he's gonna make more noise than anyone else,juvenile sh*te,hence my mom gag.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #141: Nov 09, 2019 05:27:31 pm
      Regarding Aguero, am I right in saying he’s never finished as the leagues top scorer? Salah gets slated for not playing like the first season but he’s still won back to back golden boots and isn’t a million miles behind the top scorers currently. Consistency is a big part but Salah, more often than not delivers in one way or another. Even Aguero has had his spells, I remember a couple seasons ago he went near on 10 games without a goal.

He won the golden boot once with 14-15 but he been a player based on stats built on consistency, right now he on pace to crack 20 goals in the Premiership which would be his 7th time doing it in the 9 season he been with Citeh. I agree with King Kenny that you are very unlikely to see another season from Salah that we saw in 17-18 where he went off but I think for him he fit and plays majority of matches he will crack 20 goals again in Premiership and maybe 30 in all competitions plus he does set up a few as well.

That being said it easy to see that he hasn't been as sharp as he usually been over the past coupe week, loses the ball a bit more then he should, his shots been balloning over the net. The thing often bothers me (this is even when he is on) that he won't switch things up and take the defender to the bi line or try to beat him one v one, he just cuts inside every time. Regardless I still think Salah in the current form still offers more threat to Citeh then Ox out wide (I prefer him in the middle) or Origi (who best work is late off the bench).

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #142: Nov 09, 2019 07:59:09 pm
      I can’t help myself reading that Bluemoon forum. They all genuinely believe we are sh*t and get official help from the FA and FIFA - deluded!

This one made me laugh...

It's a funny fact about this Liverpool team that although they never lose (1 defeat in last 50 league games) they are often behind / seem to be struggling.

If they hadn't come back in the games they've been behind just so far this season, then instead of being 6 pts clear, they'd currently be 4th, just a couple of wins ahead of the likes of Brighton.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #143: Nov 09, 2019 08:48:50 pm
      I can’t help myself reading that Bluemoon forum. They all genuinely believe we are sh*t and get official help from the FA and FIFA - deluded!

It's a funny fact about this Liverpool team that although they never lose (1 defeat in last 50 league games) they are often behind / seem to be struggling.

If they hadn't come back in the games they've been behind just so far this season, then instead of being 6 pts clear, they'd currently be 4th, just a couple of wins ahead of the likes of Brighton.

'Currently 4th' just like they are. And F**k I hope we keep the bas**rds there til after the international break and have it eat away at them for 2 weeks.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #144: Nov 09, 2019 09:15:14 pm
      'Currently 4th' just like they are. And f**k I hope we keep the bas**rds there til after the international break and have it eat away at them for 2 weeks.

Be the best feeling ever to beat them tomorrow! Please!!!!!!
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #145: Nov 09, 2019 09:28:34 pm
      Imagine if we won and it was via a penno after a legit foul on mane in the 95th minute. I'd have a stroke
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #146: Nov 09, 2019 09:34:21 pm
      Imagine if we won and it was via a penno after a legit foul on mane in the 95th minute. I'd have a stroke

I hope it’s after a an apparent Mane dive given after a VAR intervention showing the absolutely softest decision ever. Think Pep’s head would explode
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #147: Nov 09, 2019 09:35:39 pm
      I hope it’s after a an apparent Mane dive given after a VAR intervention showing the absolutely softest decision ever. Think Pep’s head would explode

That would be fantastic.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #148: Nov 09, 2019 10:22:43 pm

I class them in the same bracket as Chelsea. A bought and paid for off the peg manufactured club. Obviously money now rules but at least we have our fantastic history that was achieved by pure 100% football people and their knowledge of the "beautiful game".
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #149: Nov 09, 2019 10:49:15 pm
      I class them in the same bracket as Chelsea. A bought and paid for off the peg manufactured club. Obviously money now rules but at least we have our fantastic history that was achieved by pure 100% football people and their knowledge of the "beautiful game".

Thank god there are people out there who knows the score.  Thank you
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #150: Nov 10, 2019 12:47:03 am

At least till ya mum tells ya to be quiet ay?

Don’t you feel stupid?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #151: Nov 10, 2019 03:17:45 am

Don't forget it needs to be at the Kop end.

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #152: Nov 10, 2019 03:45:57 am

nah,could not give a flying F**k.it's the F***ing internet,F**k abu dahbi fc.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #153: Nov 10, 2019 08:07:41 am
      It's massive massive game. I am at my girlfriends house and I won't be doing the Live thread. Plus, even if I was at home I would have not done it because I do not do finals. This a massive step! We can not afford to lose.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #154: Nov 10, 2019 10:54:45 am
      Massive game. Don't think anyone wins or looses the title in November, but if someone comes out in top in this, gives a huge boost and momentum.
      We've been winning matches, but a fair few 2-1's in there, at the death at Villa - I've no problem with that, a win is a win and sometimes you have to dig them out, all PL winners have had to do it - but think Citeh will look at that and think teams aren't getting blown away right now, so if they play to their best, they have a chance.
      And we'll look at Citeh, particularly at the back with their keeper and CBs and must think if we can put pressure on them there, we could get results. And they don't look quite as impressive as they did in last 14 games or whatever of last season.
      Plus, we're at home - expect the atmosphere to amazing, the crowd to be in full voice - need to make it as uncomfortable as possible.

Alisson
      TAA Lovren VVD Robbo
         Hendo Fab AOC
         Salah Bob Mane

Lovren has avoided making any blunders lately, hopefully he stays steady for this one.
      Hope to see AOC - has been playing well and gives us more goal threat imo.
      Lot of talk about Mo - he's clearly not been at his best, but hard to see how we wouldn't play our usual front three.

First goal is important, but so are the 2nd, 3rd and 4th :)

Just go out there and get in their faces from the off, tackles flying in, get crowd right behind us - should be a cracking match.
      COYRs!!!!! :)
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #155: Nov 10, 2019 11:02:49 am
      We beat Barca 4-0. Is anything too difficult after that result?
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #156: Nov 10, 2019 11:45:09 am
      Our team picks itself apart from 2 at the minute,so who partners Virgil, Joe or Dejan ,its Joe for me , is it the usual Hendo Gini Faby, or does Ox`s goals get him a start, for me its up and  at em from the whistle so I`d give Ox the nod, the man in the middle is Mike Oliver think hes one of our better refs ,time will tell.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #157: Nov 10, 2019 11:58:09 am

And it continues. The only difference is, we now have to spend big after the likes of Chavs and shitty artificially inflated the price of players and wages with their bottomless pit of dirty oil money !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #158: Nov 10, 2019 12:02:32 pm
      We beat Barca 4-0. Is anything too difficult after that result?

Yeah, at a canter because we got right into them from the start.
      We do that today, fine. If we try go more conservative with too much caution, I think we’ll get undone.
      Gotta go hard, we know they can’t cope with that !
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #159: Nov 10, 2019 12:08:00 pm
      Our team picks itself apart from 2 at the minute,so who partners Virgil, Joe or Dejan ,its Joe for me , is it the usual Hendo Gini Faby, or does Ox`s goals get him a start, for me its up and  at em from the whistle so I`d give Ox the nod, the man in the middle is Mike Oliver think hes one of our better refs ,time will tell.

I'm glad it's Oliver I think he is by far the best ref in the league.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #160: Nov 10, 2019 01:10:11 pm
      Strange that the bookies have City as the favourites for this one.

Quick Reply