Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.5%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (4.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (4.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (3.7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      30 (22.4%)
       Fabinho
      78 (58.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (1.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Voting closed: Nov 14, 2019 06:23:58 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29930 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Nov 10, 2019 07:44:55 pm
      Johnny Marr, Jason Orange, Rick wakeman, Noel Gallagher, Liam Gallagher, Shaun Edwards, Will Greenwood, Ricky Fatton, Bob Willis, David Bernstein, Nancy Dell Ollio , Martin Lewis, Alan Carr, Eddie Large, Bernard Manning Michelle(nice tits) Keegan, Kevin (is a tit) Kennedy, Stuart(paedo) Hall, Mike Wedderburn,,, Your boys took one hell of a beating, (thx wiki)

Oh and Shhh whisper it quietly, your gonna be ex-champions , coming soon !!

YNWA
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #369: Nov 10, 2019 07:47:41 pm
      Johnny Marr, Jason Orange, Rick wakeman, Noel Gallagher, Liam Gallagher, Shaun Edwards, Will Greenwood, Ricky Fatton, Bob Willis, David Bernstein, Nancy Dell Ollio , Martin Lewis, Alan Carr, Eddie Large, Bernard Manning Michelle(nice tits) Keegan, Kevin (is a tit) Kennedy, Stuart(paedo) Hall, Mike Wedderburn,,, Your boys took one hell of a beating, (thx wiki)

YNWA

That really is a sh*t lineup of famous fans. Could easily be mistaken as the lineup for the next series of I'm A Celebrity.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #370: Nov 10, 2019 07:51:13 pm
      That really is a sh*t lineup of famous fans. Could easily be mistaken as the lineup for the next series of I'm A Celebrity.

;D🤣🤣🤣🤣 ' Get them outta there🤣🤣🤣🤣
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #371: Nov 10, 2019 07:53:38 pm
      MOTM...Gini. He was massive today. Fabinho too. I think Klopps plan worked perfectly.  He planned to Rope-a-Dope City and then slash them on the counter.  The back line absorbed the attacks and were huge.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #372: Nov 10, 2019 07:55:39 pm

YNWA

Keegan comma Kevin threw me for a minute.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,023 posts | 529 
      Reply #373: Nov 10, 2019 07:59:20 pm
      Avoided the post match analysis on Sky cos knew it would be all about the "handball". Doesn't surprise me to hear that Guardiola went off the deep end about it. Slimey wee tw*t. Truth is it was a 50/50 call. Ridiculous to make the whole game hinge on that.

On the game, basically we were clinical and they weren't. We also defended better than them. (Although it was noticeable we were a lot more comfortable on Virgil + Robbo's side of the pitch. I would like to get Gomez back in next to Virgil for his pace. Aguero and Sterling caused us a lot of problems around that corner of the penalty area. Aguero should have had a couple.)

Lots of great performers for us. Mo back at his best. Alisson just exudes confidence. Robbo, Mane and Hendo superb, unbelievable shifts they all put in. MOTM though was Gini. Our best presser, and really composed and skilful in possession. Brilliant game from him.

Well deserved win for us. These tight games (and it was a tight game in terms of the overall play - it was a high quality game from both teams in possession) are usually decided by who is mentally stronger and sharper at each end. And that was us.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #374: Nov 10, 2019 08:02:22 pm
      not sure, but think I had 3-1 in the prediction thingy

And me 😁
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #375: Nov 10, 2019 08:07:15 pm
      YES REDS

What a win. Honestly feel like we weren’t even in top gear and we dealt with them relatively easily. Their major chances came through set pieces with their 2 free headers.

Love Pep and Kompany showing themselves up to be the bitter fuckers they are. Once things start going wrong for them their heads go, they don’t know how to respond to adversity. Everything has to be spot on for them to perform and we never let them have it.

Well done reds!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #376: Nov 10, 2019 08:18:32 pm
      Big win, now they all go away with their countries, and fingers crossed they are looked after and come back injury free.

When they all return, we go again.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #377: Nov 10, 2019 08:22:06 pm
      Fabinho for me is having the influence VVD had last season. His presence in midfield is absolutely amazing.

Gini and Hendo were amazing today, Salah and Mane were great also.

Everyone was amazing, come on you reds!

Yeah, was excellent today and hit a scorcher.
      Not a bad spine - Ally, VVD, Fab.
      We've come along way in a couple of years...
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 60 
      Reply #378: Nov 10, 2019 08:27:49 pm
      Brilliant win,went with Fabinho motm, great strike for the first goal,and never put a foot wrong.Not Lovrens biggest fan but he was solid.Great to see Pep losing his sh*t,and Chelsea will be no walkover for them,they have a tough stretch of games coming up.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #379: Nov 10, 2019 08:34:04 pm
      you could pick so many players but for being a true Scouser never mind Trent Andy Robbo would have fitted into any Liverpool team and to have such an incredible player in this team just perfect if you appreciate the history of this club
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #380: Nov 10, 2019 08:38:11 pm
      you could pick so many players but for being a true Scouser never mind Trent Andy Robbo would have fitted into any Liverpool team and to have such an incredible player in this team just perfect if you appreciate the history of this club

Good to see you back John,I went for Fabinho as my m.o.m.,thought his goal alone deserved that but his all round play was superb.Well played the REDSand another 3 points in the bag.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #381: Nov 10, 2019 08:51:51 pm
      I went for Fab for MOTM.  His strike was Gerrardesqe.

If we could vote for multiple players I’d have voted for both of our fullbacks.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #382: Nov 10, 2019 09:03:56 pm
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #383: Nov 10, 2019 09:17:48 pm

His smirk at Walker near the final whistle told it all about his attitude and his desire to play for this club..
      I gave Fabinho motm too.. I loved the way, after the ref bollocked/warned him for ripping down Rodri(?) in the first half, I don't think he gave away another foul for the rest of the game. What a player...What a team we have !!

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #384: Nov 10, 2019 09:26:08 pm
      Great game deserved result but both teams played well. Controlled the game except for the first and last 10 minuets, Fab was outstanding get the F**k in
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #385: Nov 10, 2019 09:30:26 pm
      Good to see you back John,I went for Fabinho as my m.o.m.,thought his goal alone deserved that but his all round play was superb.Well played the REDSand another 3 points in the bag.

the Fab thread will show those of us who know he is destined for greatness Billy and his goal today and his overall play was exceptional just love the man
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #386: Nov 10, 2019 09:41:27 pm
      Fabinho. First name on the teamsheet for me these days.

Absolutely thrilled that we showed what we know we can do in these big games.

Deservedly top of the Premier League.  City have lost 3 times in their 12 games this season. Liverpool have lost 1 in their last 51 games.

It's clear to me now that if we don't do it this season we will only have ourselves to blame.
      Ddecker
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts | 50 
      Reply #387: Nov 10, 2019 09:46:18 pm

I think wenger looks happier and healthier since he left arsenal
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #388: Nov 10, 2019 09:46:28 pm
      Fabinho. First name on the teamsheet for me these days.

Absolutely thrilled that we showed what we know we can do in these big games.

Deservedly top of the Premier League.  City have lost 3 times in their 12 games this season. Liverpool have lost 1 in their last 51 games.

It's clear to me now that if we don't do it this season we will only have ourselves to blame.

Agree with this not sure we will get a better shot tbh every game a big one and the good thing is can see City dropping quite a few more points along the way and we have a buffer now
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #389: Nov 10, 2019 09:56:53 pm
      The team that push us for the rest of the season will be the winners of The next game between Citeh and Fat Frank’s Kindergarten.
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #390: Nov 10, 2019 09:58:29 pm
      Why did I even doubt us

Quick Reply