Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Watford [Premier League] Sat 14th Dec @ 12:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 12th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D6 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.5%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (4.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (4.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (3.7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      30 (22.4%)
       Fabinho
      78 (58.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (1.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Voting closed: Nov 14, 2019 06:23:58 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 5229 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,537 posts | 3826 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #450: Nov 11, 2019 05:09:25 pm
      Boss win yesterday and a massive statement sent to them scruffs that we mean business. Absolute superb goals and some proper "mentality giant" approach from our players.

They know what it means!

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,051 posts | 2523 
      Reply #451: Nov 11, 2019 06:22:10 pm
      Much smoother in Germany - agreed.

What is a more powerful lobby in English football - the referees or the managers and coaches?

Refs.

They are the face of the football "establishment" and as is the English way, close ranks to avoid or dismiss criticism.

They may pay lip service to listening to managers/coaches, but that's all it is.
      Football is the cash cow that keeps on giving.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,356 posts | 1384 
      Reply #452: Nov 11, 2019 07:06:45 pm
      Fantastic performance, fantastic result.

Surprised at seeing so many neutrals comment on how well City played. I thought we targeted their weaknesses well but more importantly, we dealt with their strengths.

Apart from a couple of dangerous set pieces they put into the box I can't really remember them having many openings or changes. I can't remember Alisson having to pull off any world class saves or our defenders launching themselves infront of the ball or making last ditch tackles.

I thought klopp got his tactics spot on and got the better of pep and it's that simple.

Got to laugh at all the VAR idiots claiming the league is bent and it favours us. Rewind to last season and the same people said as soon as var is introduced Liverpool won't be anywhere near the top because of how lucky and spawny we are. And now VAR favours us and the officials are bent. The jealousy and bitterness amongst other fans is f**king boss, it makes me horny. Just accept we're the best team in the league dick heads.

Back to the game and it was just one of those matches were everybody pulled their weight and played a part. Nobody had a poor game, eleven hero's on the pitch who gave it their all and who wanted it more than they did. Nothing else to say. It was a great performance, well done lads.

9 points clear of city now. With their slug back four they will drop more points in the next few weeks (they have some very tough games coming up). That means we will have to lose 4-5 games minimum for them to catch us.  I'm not getting carried away and but as long as jurgen and the boys keep focused and keep their nerve then we will win the title this season.

This team is special. This club is special.

Final note, brilliant to see Sean cox at the game too.

+14
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3438 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #453: Nov 11, 2019 07:14:52 pm
      Final note, brilliant to see Sean cox at the game too

Brilliant to see you back as well, mate. Hope you're well.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,653 posts | 561 
      Reply #454: Nov 11, 2019 07:20:29 pm
      To be honest, I think Leicester pose more of a threat than City now. 😁
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,399 posts | 472 
      Reply #455: Nov 11, 2019 08:43:54 pm
      A lot of the comment in this and the pre match thread was how to keep De bruyne out of it and quite a few knocking the Hendo pick. I was one who warned about DB but I never have a pop at Hendo.

Although I admit Hendo can be frustrating at times (what player isn't) but we have to back him not knock him.The cross for the Mane goal was quality, probably best he's ever put over. This lad has been through a lot, taken stick from his own fans..(and he knows..)..but never retaliates, gives everything, never hides.

I don't kid myself, the Hendo critics will say he's overachieved and will still have a pop at him no matter what.
      GERNS

• 7,653 posts | 561 
      Reply #456: Nov 11, 2019 08:57:06 pm
      A lot of the comment in this and the pre match thread was how to keep De bruyne out of it and quite a few knocking the Hendo pick. I was one who warned about DB but I never have a pop at Hendo.

Although I admit Hendo can be frustrating at times (what player isn't) but we have to back him not knock him.The cross for the Mane goal was quality, probably best he's ever put over. This lad has been through a lot, taken stick from his own fans..(and he knows..)..but never retaliates, gives everything, never hides.

I don't kid myself, the Hendo critics will say he's overachieved and will still have a pop at him no matter what.

Have to say I’m not a huge fan of .Hendo, because I think he’s not forward geared. He has had a few games where he’s forced the game with forward thrusts, but they arent often enough in my opinion. With Fab now the designated ‘holder’ I was expecting more from Hendo going forwards.
      That aside, he had a near faultless game yesterday snd was subbed because he’d clearly run himself into the ground.
      And that cross to Mane was near perfect.
      Hope we see more performances like it.
      GERNS

• 7,653 posts | 561 
      Reply #457: Nov 11, 2019 09:00:56 pm
      As for Debruyne, collectively, I think he had at best, 15 mins where he was making an impact. The other 75, pretty ineffective. Job done 😁
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,399 posts | 472 
      Reply #458: Nov 11, 2019 09:41:46 pm
      Have to say I’m not a huge fan of .Hendo, because I think he’s not forward geared. He has had a few games where he’s forced the game with forward thrusts, but they arent often enough in my opinion. With Fab now the designated ‘holder’ I was expecting more from Hendo going forwards.
      That aside, he had a near faultless game yesterday snd was subbed because he’d clearly run himself into the ground.
      And that cross to Mane was near perfect.
      Hope we see more performances like it.

That's fair enough.Nobody is above criticism, just think the Boss's decision to play Hendo must be respected and a little more support generally for Hendo wouldn't go amiss.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,514 posts | 1350 
      Reply #459: Nov 11, 2019 09:55:56 pm
      Hendo, Fab and Gini are the trusted midfield 3. If it's a big game then they play. If one of those misses out then I actually think Milner is the next cab off the rank in big games. Klopp likes his solidity.

The only aside to that really is I have a feeling if one of the full backs were out, he would put Milner in that position and due to losing some attacking flair from full back would go with Ox to add some more attacking threat.

If everyone is fit and we're not looking ahead to future games though then this is his settled midfield.

Nothing to worry about for Ox, Milner and Keita though because with our rammed schedule theres enough games to go around to keep everyone interested.

Long term, Naby is the worry. Not that I think we should sell because hes a handy player to be 5th or 6th in line, but he may want more than that himself.

I wonder if Grujic fits more into the mould of a solid CM that we seem to favour at the moment.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,989 posts | 3469 
      Reply #460: Nov 11, 2019 11:35:56 pm
      Brilliant to see you back as well, mate. Hope you're well.

Second that, surely games like this one will do wonders for helping to pick folks up.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,491 posts | 1023 
      Reply #461: Nov 12, 2019 01:22:41 am
      Just watched the match again. I always miss some fine points in the passion of watching live. I really do think that City got too much credit afterward. They had a few minutes after our first goal, another short spell toward the end of the first half and then the 10 minutes or so toward the end after Henderson had come off - which led to their goal. But beyond that this was really our game through and through. They are a fabulously talented team, no doubt.

So what does that make us? Because we throttled them for about 70 minutes overall.

What a team we have.
      Dadorious

• 8,981 posts | 1110 
      Reply #462: Nov 12, 2019 07:04:24 am
      Thought we were sublime in all departments. If that is the best they can offer then bring it on all day every day.

Would love this lot in the CL to be honest again just to watch Peps head explode and shut their shitty plastic fans down again.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,399 posts | 472 
      Reply #463: Nov 12, 2019 12:04:38 pm
      It's clear the result is a festering sore for them.Sterling still picking at the scab...let it go mate..yer lost.
      LondonRed83
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,170 posts | 1532 
      Reply #464: Nov 12, 2019 06:14:37 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,921 posts | 3475 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #465: Nov 13, 2019 12:06:28 am
      Sucked in ya Rich Cu*ts!!!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,491 posts | 1023 
      Reply #466: Nov 13, 2019 01:15:52 am
      Good video from Sunday showing that midfield three lacking in creativity that Jürgen keeps selecting for no apparent reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzQbT9iCb8E
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,871 posts | 72 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #467: Nov 13, 2019 05:16:26 am
      I think win like that can set the table going forward, I know it is only early days yet but this type of result can have some positive momentum going into the hectic period.

As for the game it was about being clinical with chances and making them count as we saw Citeh did come out a better side but when we had the chance to score we made them count which set the tone for the game as it allowed us to sit back a little bit more to not get caught out by Citeh and to score so early in the 2nd half really killed off the game somewhat. I thought Gini had fantastic showing in the middle of the park, Lovren did a very good job on Kun who clearly was targeting Dejan the whole game playing off him and good to see both Mane/Salah come up with the goals when needed.

Shame the international break has come at such a period when there is so much buzz but now we won't have to worry about that again until February where at that point I hope we are in the same situation in the table or even better.
      LondonRed83
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,170 posts | 1532 
      Reply #468: Nov 13, 2019 09:09:41 am
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 11 
      Reply #469: Nov 13, 2019 09:36:35 am

I bet he will try and make out its all down to racism
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 521 
      Reply #470: Nov 13, 2019 10:43:10 am

That’s why he’s a premier league winner by association with his club. Not like he fought with us to earn it. Snake like.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,577 posts | 2974 
      Reply #471: Nov 13, 2019 11:28:12 am
      I bet he will try and make out its all down to racism

You’re really trying hard to push a narrative that Sterling plays the race card..
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,760 posts | 2108 
      Reply #472: Nov 13, 2019 12:46:02 pm
      You’re really trying hard to push a narrative that Sterling plays the race card..

Sterling has been the victim of racism, no one denies that, but I do think he does pull out the race card quite often, for example when he was being criticised for the Gun tattoo that was apparently a racist media plot rather than the media pointing out what a tw*t thing that was to do when you have kids idolising you.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,577 posts | 2974 
      Reply #473: Nov 13, 2019 12:52:35 pm
      Sterling has been the victim of racism, no one denies that, but I do think he does pull out the race card quite often, for example when he was being criticised for the Gun tattoo that was apparently a racist media plot rather than the media pointing out what a tw*t thing that was to do when you have kids idolising you.

& he explained the reason & message behind the tattoo...🙄
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,760 posts | 2108 
      Reply #474: Nov 13, 2019 01:43:43 pm
      & he explained the reason & message behind the tattoo...🙄

OK, but the criticism of it was not in itself racist was it?

Quick Reply