Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.5%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (4.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (4.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (3.7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      30 (22.4%)
       Fabinho
      78 (58.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (1.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Voting closed: Nov 14, 2019 06:23:58 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29427 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Nov 13, 2019 06:29:58 pm
      I'm amazed at the direction this thread has gone. Saddened a bit.This scrap had nothing to do with racism. Sterling was out of order. got dropped. Yes he got plenty of stick from LFC fans but all this.."he plays the race card to often" is ridiculous.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #484: Nov 13, 2019 06:32:31 pm
      a lot of covert racists on this forum.

the divock poster wasn't 'racist' and sterling plays 'the race card'. SMH.

amazing how football fans can always see 'bias' in the media or from refs/the fa when it's against their favourite football team.
      But let a black player call out racism its apparently all a figment of their imagination and all in their heads.

ridiculous
      « Last Edit: Nov 13, 2019 06:40:03 pm by PastorGeek »
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #485: Nov 13, 2019 06:36:50 pm
      Was going to post a longer rant but glad there's been some sanity from the latest posters. Embarrassing for anyone to even bring race into this, and to be honest its exactly the type of subtle racism Sterling often highlights.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #486: Nov 13, 2019 06:38:43 pm
      Would he though and does he have previous for pulling out the race card other than genuinely facing racism for club & country..?

Yeah he does, notice after the stuff he's said regarding racism then he's quiet as a F***ing mouse when the Bernardo Silva & Mendy stuff kicked off, he said absolutely F**k all about Silva's comments on Twitter. Sums him up for me that does. As someone so eloquently put, he's a F***ing snake.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #487: Nov 13, 2019 06:40:00 pm
      Was going to post a longer rant but glad there's been some sanity from the latest posters. Embarrassing for anyone to even bring race into this, and to be honest its exactly the type of subtle racism Sterling often highlights.

Except when it's his own teammates!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #488: Nov 13, 2019 06:42:43 pm
      a lot of covert racists on this forum.

the divock poster wasn't 'racist' and sterling plays 'the race card'. SMH.

amazing how football fans can always see 'bias' in the media or from refs/the fa when it's against their favourite football team.
      But let a black player call out racism its apparently all a figment of their imagination and all in their heads.

ridiculous

Again why did Sterling say F**k all about Bernardo Silva.

You can F**k off with your pious shouts as well, we're just pointing out what a two faced c**t he is.

I suppose you've got no problem with Sterling assaulting women and getting away with it?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #489: Nov 13, 2019 06:52:17 pm
      Yeah he does, notice after the stuff he's said regarding racism then he's quiet as a F***ing mouse when the Bernardo Silva & Mendy stuff kicked off, he said absolutely F**k all about Silva's comments on Twitter. Sums him up for me that does. As someone so eloquently put, he's a F***ing snake.

I wouldn't say he was being snakey when he didn't point out the racism of Mendy, but it did make him a hypocrite and clearly someone who doesnt feel as strongly about racism as they do about not rocking the boat at City.

Something hes clearly not arsed about with England.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #490: Nov 13, 2019 07:12:59 pm
      Again why did Sterling say f**k all about Bernardo Silva.

You can f**k off with your pious shouts as well, we're just pointing out what a two faced c**t he is.

I suppose you've got no problem with Sterling assaulting women and getting away with it?

Was surprised how Sterling defended Silva, exposed him to hypocrisy... bit like Cole defending Terry against Anton.. guess it’s ok if it’s your team mate..
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #491: Nov 13, 2019 08:09:43 pm
      Again why did Sterling say f**k all about Bernardo Silva.

You can f**k off with your pious shouts as well, we're just pointing out what a two faced c**t he is.

he was obviously hypocritical for defending silva. although i'm 95% sure u think that silva's post 'wasn't racist'. Which is quite ironic.

i don't know about him assaulting women. what is this story? Fill me in. i'm not signed up for daily raheem sterling alerts like you are. Clearly.

But lets say hypothetically. He was wrong for defending Silva (which he is) and lets say he DID assault a woman.

DOES THAT MEAN HE IS WRONG FOR CALLING OUT RACISM?? Jesus christ man. How do you function in life honestly?
      « Last Edit: Nov 14, 2019 01:31:53 am by PastorGeek »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #492: Nov 13, 2019 08:10:24 pm
      Gonna be along 2 weeks till the next game,the way this thread has gone is a F***ing eye opener.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #493: Nov 13, 2019 08:14:59 pm
      Gonna be along 2 weeks till the next game,the way this thread has gone is a f**king eye opener.

Go to the top of league thread, that’s the forums happy place!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #494: Nov 13, 2019 08:41:14 pm
      Quote from waltonl4
      Roy Keane is quite a honest pundit and he was definitely sure LFC deserved this and are massive favourites for the league

He can now open the curtains, that he drew instead of watching us 2 years ago.

Obviously all Barcelona B are interested in is the handball claim, which their own player initiated. How is a ref supposed to give a penalty and a free kick at the same time? You don't. You just play on, or in our case play to the whistle, which they didn't. Thankfully, our old mate on VAR Paul Tierney, backed up Oliver's instant decision. That's why he's the best ref in the league. I dread to think what Atkinson and Moss would have come up with.

As after every big defeat, their coach trots out the line that he's proud of his team. Hmmm. Proud of what? Starting a forward who has never scored at Anfield, or starting a reject who has never scored against us in the league, or having no competent reserve keeper, or no central defenders, or maybe he was proud about being 2 goals down in 15 minutes, or of them being bundled off the ball or forced into mistakes throughout the game. Or maybe all of them. He can take his pick. They had 3 shots on target. If he's proud of that, they have more issues than first thought.

Call me greedy, but I wanted 5 after we went 3 up. After what happened in their soulless dump 2 years ago, I wanted to send out a strong statement and rub their noses in it. 3-0 up in less than an hour, 5 was definitely on, but 3 will do. I know what they did last season, but that defence is now a sham. They have no strength in depth at the back, and as soon as they're asked serious questions, they collapse like a pack of cards.

We can play good football too, except we're not obsessed about walking the ball into the net. And if a shot from distance is on, we'll have a go. Unlike them, we can score all kinds of goals. Tap ins, piledrivers, close range headers, 40 yard crosses, corners, the lot. All our goals were world class, pinpoint deliveries and clinical finishes. And yes Mane did dive. To win a powerful header and wrap up the game. Nothing wrong with that.

They are all style and no substance. No willingness to get stuck in and graft. He said three years ago, that he didn't come to this league to win tackles. Fabinho does it in his sleep every week, and he doesn't even speak English! The pundits love to talk about De Bruyne, they are less willing to talk about how creative Robbo is. The cross for the second goal was the art down to a tee. You can see that is good coaching, because Robbo didn't do it at Hull and he certainly isn't doing it for Scotland.

So our 8 point lead is restored. Maybe now they will believe we mean business. Sadly they don't. They're now claiming we're an injury away from a major crisis. They don't say that our keeper has already been out for two months, or our second choice central defender has been missing for weeks. Or Keita isn't fit enough any week. Or Salah is still recovering from the tackle by hairbag 6 weeks ago. Or that we played against Barcelona 0-3 down with Origi and Mane up top. And we coped.

So they keep questioning us, and we always find an answer. It is in the league table. We do mean business.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #495: Nov 13, 2019 11:23:17 pm
      He can now open the curtains, that he drew instead of watching us 2 years ago.

Obviously all Barcelona B are interested in is the handball claim, which their own player initiated. How is a ref supposed to give a penalty and a free kick at the same time? You don't. You just play on, or in our case play to the whistle, which they didn't. Thankfully, our old mate on VAR Paul Tierney, backed up Oliver's instant decision. That's why he's the best ref in the league. I dread to think what Atkinson and Moss would have come up with.

As after every big defeat, their coach trots out the line that he's proud of his team. Hmmm. Proud of what? Starting a forward who has never scored at Anfield, or starting a reject who has never scored against us in the league, or having no competent reserve keeper, or no central defenders, or maybe he was proud about being 2 goals down in 15 minutes, or of them being bundled off the ball or forced into mistakes throughout the game. Or maybe all of them. He can take his pick. They had 3 shots on target. If he's proud of that, they have more issues than first thought.

Call me greedy, but I wanted 5 after we went 3 up. After what happened in their soulless dump 2 years ago, I wanted to send out a strong statement and rub their noses in it. 3-0 up in less than an hour, 5 was definitely on, but 3 will do. I know what they did last season, but that defence is now a sham. They have no strength in depth at the back, and as soon as they're asked serious questions, they collapse like a pack of cards.

We can play good football too, except we're not obsessed about walking the ball into the net. And if a shot from distance is on, we'll have a go. Unlike them, we can score all kinds of goals. Tap ins, piledrivers, close range headers, 40 yard crosses, corners, the lot. All our goals were world class, pinpoint deliveries and clinical finishes. And yes Mane did dive. To win a powerful header and wrap up the game. Nothing wrong with that.

They are all style and no substance. No willingness to get stuck in and graft. He said three years ago, that he didn't come to this league to win tackles. Fabinho does it in his sleep every week, and he doesn't even speak English! The pundits love to talk about De Bruyne, they are less willing to talk about how creative Robbo is. The cross for the second goal was the art down to a tee. You can see that is good coaching, because Robbo didn't do it at Hull and he certainly isn't doing it for Scotland.

So our 8 point lead is restored. Maybe now they will believe we mean business. Sadly they don't. They're now claiming we're an injury away from a major crisis. They don't say that our keeper has already been out for two months, or our second choice central defender has been missing for weeks. Or Keita isn't fit enough any week. Or Salah is still recovering from the tackle by hairbag 6 weeks ago. Or that we played against Barcelona 0-3 down with Origi and Mane up top. And we coped.

So they keep questioning us, and we always find an answer. It is in the league table. We do mean business.

Your best post to date. Great read.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #496: Nov 14, 2019 12:12:41 am
      WTAF: 1st of April it is not.

https://twitter.com/SuperbiaProeIia/status/1194692927110430720?s=19

Edit, I suspect this is just click bait BS.
      « Last Edit: Nov 14, 2019 12:24:56 am by RedPuppy »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #497: Nov 14, 2019 12:25:42 am

They just can’t let go can they... 😂

Jeez, you would think the way Atkinson ref’d us we would have made an official complaint...

No class City & Pep’s going to F**k off e d of season anyway, to a league where there is no Liverpool or Klopp..
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #498: Nov 14, 2019 05:10:39 am
      Your best post to date. Great read.

I second that, good post.

I loved Brazil 82 because of the way they scored crazy goals and the artful way they played. I love Klopp's Liverpool because of the ride they take you on. It's like were not in control but you feel safe. I loved Rafa's Liverpool because of their control, what they did with what they had. I feel city leave you a bit bereft. They run up cricket scores and unbelievable possession but come unstuck like clockwork when they are pressed.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #499: Nov 14, 2019 10:50:00 am
      Sean Cox returns to Anfield.

We rip City to shreds.

Open up an eight point lead at the top of the Premier League.

Fabinho completely bosses the game.

Arnold gives a Gerrardesque passing display.

Gomez 'rag dolls' Sterling.

Aguero leaves empty handed again.

Pep has a nervous breakdown.

Klopp fucks the corporate media live on television.

What's not to love?

F**k Sterling, he is an absolute F***ing clown. F**k off and die you slimy F***ing snake!
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #500: Nov 14, 2019 01:05:10 pm
      I second that, good post.

I loved Brazil 82 because of the way they scored crazy goals and the artful way they played. I love Klopp's Liverpool because of the ride they take you on. It's like were not in control but you feel safe. I loved Rafa's Liverpool because of their control, what they did with what they had. I feel city leave you a bit bereft. They run up cricket scores and unbelievable possession but come unstuck like clockwork when they are pressed.

I've loved it all from Sir Bill through to Jürgen Klopp. Said it before that Klopp touches the soul of the great City of Liverpool. He understands the emotional connection we have for the club and the people of liverpool.

I'm a scouser in exile in Northern Ireland (married a Lurgan lass) but I miss the City and the humour to this day. But it's great to have a Boss who knows and understands Merseyside mentality.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #501: Nov 14, 2019 03:46:07 pm

First legit thing I've seen. If true  they really are a sad, childish club.

https://twitter.com/NoContextJMatip/status/1194970840246427649?s=19
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #502: Nov 14, 2019 05:57:56 pm
      First legit thing I've seen. If true  they really are a sad, childish club.

https://twitter.com/NoContextJMatip/status/1194970840246427649?s=19

We're living rent-free in Pep's head right now.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #503: Nov 14, 2019 06:30:31 pm
      We're living rent-free in Pep's head right now.

It's just another version of mind games, thinking forward. He knows nothing would come of it regarding the result or how refereeing is done. He really just wants to get the focus off the fact that his team were outplayed (by a better team).

Quick Reply