Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Sterling v Gomez: Part 2

Read 8720 times
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Re: Sterling v Gomez: Part 2
      Reply #69: Nov 16, 2019 09:20:54 am
      Yeah he cant deal with the hate. Spoke well on Twitter after the game. A lot of City fans were in full belief that Sterling was being made a scapegoat and were made up that Joe got booed.

Sterlings statement forced them to use their brains.

They’ve actually got brains, now that’s big news.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #70: Nov 16, 2019 09:40:07 am
      Only this time it's another fella, rather than his girlfriend he's trying to attack.

The little c**t had to find a step ladder and 'hold me back' assistants before he could even contemplate raising a finger to big Joe.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #71: Nov 16, 2019 10:08:02 am
      Joe not selected to face Kosovo, guess it’s to further protect the lad from the England boo boy mob..  :tosser:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #72: Nov 16, 2019 10:32:12 am
      Joe not selected to face Kosovo, guess it’s to further protect the lad from the England boo boy mob..  :tosser:

Knee injury they're saying on SSN now, Southgate and technical team deciding to send him home to risk further injury. Henderson also out of the Kosovo game with a viral infection.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #73: Nov 16, 2019 11:35:09 am
      Sterling just lost the plot for whatever reason. Seems that Joe has drawn a line under it.Southgate has dealt with Sterlinggate. Game over.Let it be.

This all day. It’s almost as boring as international football itself. Thankfully no more bullshit interruptions to the season after this weekend.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #74: Nov 16, 2019 11:45:52 am
      This all day. It’s almost as boring as international football itself. Thankfully no more bullshit interruptions to the season after this weekend.

Internationals in March isn't there?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #75: Nov 16, 2019 11:52:40 am
      Internationals in March isn't there?

Hopefully title would be wrapped up by March & the CWC trophy added to collection of silverware ..😎
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #76: Nov 16, 2019 03:19:55 pm
      Henderson withdrawn from the England squad as well, and both he and Joe return to Anfield now.

No complaint here as I'd rather they be back anyway, but is it probably that this is not about injury or illness?

If Joe did pick up a knock, here's hoping he is back fit very soon. Henderson seems to have been battling this virus for a while now.

Edit: Guardian article talks a bit more about how the injury transpired and Southgate's thought that the injury isn't too serious:

“The injury was him and Kieran Trippier – they were trying to defend a ball, actually both on the same team – they collided into each other. Joe felt restricted in the last part of the session. We scanned it just to be certain and I think he’ll be fine in a couple of days but he wasn’t able to train today.

“I think now is a good moment for him just to go home for a couple of days, clear his head. The pleasing thing for me is that we’ve got him back on the pitch [against Montenegro]."

« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2019 01:21:09 am by Robby The Z »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #77: Nov 16, 2019 03:29:18 pm
      To be fair I dont hate Sterling. Dont like his diving and cynical fouls and I can see right through the bad boy turned good act he and his people have been trying to portray the last 18 months, but that's just a matter of mild irritation.

Hes gone on to do really well for City and his end product is a lot better than the laughable finishing he produced for us in his younger days. (Shooting beyond 6 yards is still pretty tame mind).

But I dont think we are any worse off for selling him, and even now hes scoring and assisting goals and lifting lots of silverware, I dont think he makes our best XI to be honest.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #78: Nov 16, 2019 07:03:51 pm
      To be fair I dont hate Sterling. Dont like his diving and cynical fouls and I can see right through the bad boy turned good act he and his people have been trying to portray the last 18 months, but that's just a matter of mild irritation.

Hes gone on to do really well for City and his end product is a lot better than the laughable finishing he produced for us in his younger days. (Shooting beyond 6 yards is still pretty tame mind).

But I dont think we are any worse off for selling him, and even now hes scoring and assisting goals and lifting lots of silverware, I dont think he makes our best XI to be honest.

I don't hate anybody in footie Sterling included. As for the scrap I think that Sterling might've just had the impression he - and City- thinks he is untouchable and good on Southgate for taking him down a peg or two.Some in the game did not realise the issue, it wasn't a 50-50 training ground bust up, it was all Sterling with Joe doing nothing wrong.And it had to be addressed and it has been.

Still Joe got it in the neck from the ignorant fans in Wembley.

Quick Reply