Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Next Crazy Stretch of Matches

Read 6584 times
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Re: The Next Crazy Stretch of Matches
      Reply #23: Nov 13, 2019 04:49:30 pm
      If we beat Napoli we are guaranteed top spot so we could rest a lot for the final group game. Winning that Napoli game is key.

Also if we draw and Salzburs wins at Genk, we could potentially even go out on the final day. I really really hope we beat Napoli for so many reasons.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #24: Nov 13, 2019 10:12:05 pm
      Leicester away on boxing day will be tough...full of turkey and christmas pudding...bellyache all round..

Plus it’s a late kick off 8 o’clock which is load of bollocks as there are no public transport on Boxing Day for the fans
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #25: Nov 14, 2019 10:43:01 am
      Plus it’s a late kick off 8 o’clock which is load of bollocks as there are no public transport on Boxing Day for the fans

Ah, even the fans need great character to get to the King Power.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #26: Nov 14, 2019 11:13:35 am

Club should put coaches on & cover the cost. Not holding my breath though
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #27: Nov 14, 2019 11:22:43 am

Why can't fans book coaches, if you have 50 people then surely that wouldn't be too much would it??
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #28: Nov 14, 2019 11:45:48 am
      Why can't fans book coaches, if you have 50 people then surely that wouldn't be too much would it??

Because it would be a nice gesture. Y'know, with it being boxing day, freezing cold and an 8PM KO, meaning people wouldn't be getting home until way after midnight.

Coach travel to Leicester usually would be about £25-£30 pp but it'll be a fair bit more due to the bank holiday, factor in that Christmas was the day before and supporters might not have that sort of money.

Obviously you didn't think of that before posting another poor attempt at a smart arse comment
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #29: Nov 14, 2019 11:54:56 am
      Because it would be a nice gesture. Y'know, with it being boxing day, freezing cold and an 8PM KO, meaning people wouldn't be getting home until way after midnight.

Coach travel to Leicester usually would be about £25-£30 pp but it'll be a fair bit more due to the bank holiday, factor in that Christmas was the day before and supporters might not have that sort of money.

Obviously you didn't think of that before posting another poor attempt at a smart arse comment

If they can't afford to travel don't travel, why should the club subsidise it? I'd be happy to pick up one of the tickets if someone else can't afford it and I'm sure many thousands of other fans would as well.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #30: Nov 14, 2019 11:59:55 am
      If they can't afford to travel don't travel, why should the club subsidise it? I'd be happy to pick up one of the tickets if someone else can't afford it and I'm sure many thousands of other fans would as well.

So it should come down to how much is in your pocket? Away games are a closed shop now and it's impossible to get on the ladder unless you've been following home and away regularly for years. I think loyal fans deserve to be looked after more than someone like yourself who just sits on here making sarcy comments and slating the team every week
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #32: Nov 14, 2019 12:31:40 pm
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #33: Nov 14, 2019 12:34:07 pm

Not the club, the broadcaster should do it.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #34: Nov 14, 2019 12:39:23 pm
      Not the club, the broadcaster should do it.

See your point but it's the clubs who are pocketing billions from the broadcaster
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35: Nov 14, 2019 12:44:47 pm
      So it should come down to how much is in your pocket? Away games are a closed shop now and it's impossible to get on the ladder unless you've been following home and away regularly for years. I think loyal fans deserve to be looked after more than someone like yourself who just sits on here making sarcy comments and slating the team every week

Of course it comes down to how much is in your pocket, most things in life do as we live in a free market economy, have you not realised this yet?
      No one was HAS TO pay and go and watch the match do they, they chose to do so and if they can't afford the travel costs then that's just tough luck, it's life. As said plenty of other fans will snap up the tickets, hell those guys with tickets will probably make a profit selling them courtesy of a free market economy!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36: Nov 14, 2019 12:55:33 pm

Great gesture by the club. TV broadcasters dictate kick off times and they only take prime advert time into consideration. I'm not carping about that. TV is important to the game, but it's nowhere near as good as going to the game but for the millions who can't get to the game, it's a great second best, add to that social media and it makes following LFC a better experience.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #37: Nov 14, 2019 01:00:09 pm
      Of course it comes down to how much is in your pocket, most things in life do as we live in a free market economy, have you not realised this yet?
      No one was HAS TO pay and go and watch the match do they, they chose to do so and if they can't afford the travel costs then that's just tough luck, it's life. As said plenty of other fans will snap up the tickets, hell those guys with tickets will probably make a profit selling them courtesy of a free market economy!

No but football shouldn't be expensive as it is - away tickets are now capped at £30 in the PL which is a good start but a lot more needs to be done as tickets for Anfield cost around £50. Those are ridiculous prices to pay considering what they were a few years ago. Wages haven't risen nowhere near as much as the inflated ticket costs have so much more should be done by clubs (lower tickets - subsidizing etc) Otherwise you'll have a ground full of rich, half arsed tourists generating 0 atmosphere as the proper fans can't afford to attend (to be fair, it's already half way there)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38: Nov 14, 2019 01:12:40 pm
      No but football shouldn't be expensive as it is - away tickets are now capped at £30 in the PL which is a good start but a lot more needs to be done as tickets for Anfield cost around £50. Those are ridiculous prices to pay considering what they were a few years ago. Wages haven't risen nowhere near as much as the inflated ticket costs have so much more should be done by clubs (lower tickets - subsidizing etc) Otherwise you'll have a ground full of rich, half arsed tourists generating 0 atmosphere as the proper fans can't afford to attend (to be fair, it's already half way there)

I agree that tickets could and should be capped, they are not the major source of revenue these days anyway and as you say a good atmosphere is very important to any team.
      I would however like to see tickets distributed a bit more fairly, I find it almost impossible to get a ticket for a game these days which is quite frustrating.
      I was lucky enough to get a ticket for the away game against MK Dons recently, kindly provided by another forum member, it was fun but not the same as being at Anfield and seeing all the star players, soaking up that incredible atmosphere.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #39: Nov 14, 2019 01:48:57 pm
      See your point but it's the clubs who are pocketing billions from the broadcaster

The broadcaster is the one that moved it. It's the least they should do.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #40: Nov 14, 2019 02:00:22 pm
      I agree that tickets could and should be capped, they are not the major source of revenue these days anyway and as you say a good atmosphere is very important to any team.
      I would however like to see tickets distributed a bit more fairly, I find it almost impossible to get a ticket for a game these days which is quite frustrating.
      I was lucky enough to get a ticket for the away game against MK Dons recently, kindly provided by another forum member, it was fun but not the same as being at Anfield and seeing all the star players, soaking up that incredible atmosphere.

Away games do have their positives as I enjoy standing up as opposed to being seated, travelling support is always pretty vocal too and Anfield can sometimes be hit and miss depending on the game / where you're sat.

Tickets are an absolute slog to get but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a simple fix & the only way around it would be to obviously expand the stadium again to free up some of the demand. At the start of the decade it was straightforward enough to get tickets as we were in a bit of a baron spell but demand has exploded lately, even with the 9k expansion, it's the hardest it's ever been
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41: Nov 14, 2019 06:36:14 pm

Well, the club have decided to provide free coach service for all LFC fans with tickets to the fixture. I hope you don't object to that. I thought it was quite a decent gesture given the circumstances.

That trip would make a great subject for a documentary or short film, by the way.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42: Nov 14, 2019 06:37:47 pm
      Do supporters' clubs hire coaches for away games anymore, or has that gone the way of so many other traditions?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #43: Nov 14, 2019 08:31:45 pm
      Away games do have their positives as I enjoy standing up as opposed to being seated,

I haven't sat in the kop since the middle half of last season!!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #44: Nov 14, 2019 08:34:48 pm

So you want tickets distributed fairly, yet still want to experience the incredible atmosphere?

Who do you think creates that incredible atmosphere? I'll give you a clue, it isn't the tourist element of our support!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #45: Nov 14, 2019 08:35:34 pm
      I haven't sat in the kop since the middle half of last season!!

What would be capacity of the Kop if there were to be safe standing ?

You look at the old pics and see a sea of people.. awe inspiring

Quick Reply