Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pre-Match: Crystal Palace V Liverpool (23/11/19 - 15:00)

Read 10558 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Pre-Match: Crystal Palace V Liverpool (23/11/19 - 15:00)
      Reply #23: Nov 19, 2019 04:51:37 pm
      AOC to start for me, deserves it.

Agree.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #24: Nov 19, 2019 05:54:13 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

I would swap AOC for Salah and Milner for Robertson if they are fit.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,268 posts | 1394 
      Reply #25: Nov 19, 2019 08:20:20 pm
      Think Alex is at a place in his career where he knows he has to make his mark. He showed great potential early on at Arsenal but for whatever reason he under performed/achieved. Started off here and was just starting to show what he can really do then the injury.

Now fit again and I think he is determined to finally arrive, make his mark...but does the boss give him his head.He will score but does he give the same assurance as Hendo or Gini. Wants to play in the hole just off Firmino, great at picking it up and firing in them rockets along the turf. He will play, no doubt about that but will the boss give him that extended run he needs to really become a force here.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #26: Nov 20, 2019 04:21:30 pm
      Confirmed that Robbo and Mo sit this one out with their ankle injuries.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #27: Nov 20, 2019 05:36:16 pm

FUK, not worried about LFC, but both in my fantasy team. ;D
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #28: Nov 20, 2019 05:44:21 pm
      Has this been confirmed by the club? All I see is that Sky sports have said they are looking doubtful but no official word.
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #29: Nov 20, 2019 05:48:32 pm
      Has this been confirmed by the club? All I see is that Sky sports have said they are looking doubtful but no official word.
      No word from LFC Salah training but on his own no sign of Robbo would seem doubtful
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #30: Nov 20, 2019 07:02:03 pm
      We should play Gini as AM and play Ox on the wing. Milly or Joe at LB.
      Harrisimo

• 8,268 posts | 1394 
      Reply #31: Nov 20, 2019 07:39:09 pm

Yes Sky saying they are doubtful but we wouldn't expect any decision so early unless they were seriously crocked so it's still speculation.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #32: Nov 20, 2019 07:45:23 pm

Wait until Klopp's presser on Friday, that will be when you'll get a definite answer
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #33: Nov 20, 2019 08:50:19 pm
      James Milner and Divock Origi provide more than adequate cover. Hopefully these two, if they sit out, are just having their mileage managed over a very busy stretch. A little more time to rest those knocks could make all the difference for them.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34: Nov 20, 2019 08:54:38 pm
      I see NBC have chosen Arsenal-Southampton as the 1500 GMT match for American television, meaning I'll be listening to LFC radio commentary again Saturday.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #35: Nov 21, 2019 08:35:14 am
      I see NBC have chosen Arsenal-Southampton as the 1500 GMT match for American television, meaning I'll be listening to LFC radio commentary again Saturday.

Can you not just stream it from your laptop / tablet ? Not sure about the legality of posting links or whatever on here but I'd be more than happy to DM you one before KO
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #36: Nov 21, 2019 01:14:15 pm
      Since we're playing Palace a thought came into my old bonce,
       Now it's well known now that a certain Wilf Saha is seeking pastures new , and since we're a major injury away from losing a third of our fantastic front line, Salah with a niggle at the moment,  I think adding Wilf to our bench wouldn't be a bad idea,
      Yes Divock has been brilliant for us but a Wilf Saha would offer us more in my opinion, so I'm chucking it out there, would signing Wilf Saha be a bit of a coup, or a bit of a damp squib?

Your thoughts Ladies please ?

YNWA
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #37: Nov 21, 2019 01:21:54 pm
      Since we're playing Palace a thought came into my old bonce,
       Now it's well known now that a certain Wilf Saha is seeking pastures new , and since we're a major injury away from losing a third of our fantastic front line, Salah with a niggle at the moment,  I think adding Wilf to our bench wouldn't be a bad idea,
      Yes Divock has been brilliant for us but a Wilf Saha would offer us more in my opinion, so I'm chucking it out there, would signing Wilf Saha be a bit of a coup, or a bit of a damp squib?

Your thoughts Ladies please ?

YNWA

I'd definitely have him at Liverpool - only issue would be the price. Apparently Everton bid 70M + McCarthy & Tosun for him in the summer & that got rejected. I'd probably pay 50M for him tops but it looks as though Palace are after a lot more than that - so it's a no go for me
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38: Nov 21, 2019 02:26:50 pm
      Can you not just stream it from your laptop / tablet ? Not sure about the legality of posting links or whatever on here but I'd be more than happy to DM you one before KO

There's a stream thread mate
      https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,1288.4875.html

I use acestream.
      My lad set it up for me, it's always solid as a rock, and it records automatically to his server so I can watch the game again just by clicking an icon on desktop.
      No idea how he does it. He's a computer whizz, and I can't be arsed learning at my age.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39: Nov 21, 2019 02:48:08 pm

I have seen links for streaming and even tried some recently, but between concerns about viruses, popups and *ahem* ethical concerns (the provider offers these other games here on a paid subscription basis - and I mostly choose not to pay, definitely not the high price for the EPL package), I choose not to use them anymore.

I think all sports viewing is going to go either streaming or regular "over-the-air" TV in the next few years as the cable and satellite bundling is become less and less popular here (people who don't care about sport don't want to pay for those channels and people who don't care about arts or history or whatever the 3000 channels happen to cover, don't want to pay for things they don't watch) so I think we'll see a major shift in how sport is shown for viewing. Not sure how "soccer" and particularly European soccer will be seen after this runs full course here in the U.S, but my guess it will all be on a pay basis.
      « Last Edit: Nov 21, 2019 02:55:26 pm by Robby The Z »
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #40: Nov 21, 2019 02:53:21 pm

I use acestream.
      My lad set it up for me, it's always solid as a rock, and it records automatically to his server so I can watch the game again just by clicking an icon on desktop.
      No idea how he does it. He's a computer whizz, and I can't be arsed learning at my age.

Cheers mate, heard of Acestream before but never used it. Will have to have a look into it.

Usually just find a web link and then plug the laptop into the HDMI so I can watch it on the telly. Easy enough but some of the sites do end up opening a few dodgy popup sites... Quite a regular occurrence now having to explain to my bird (it's her laptop) why there's Russian bride websites in the browsing history
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41: Nov 21, 2019 04:03:29 pm
      Cheers mate, heard of Acestream before but never used it. Will have to have a look into it.

Usually just find a web link and then plug the laptop into the HDMI so I can watch it on the telly. Easy enough but some of the sites do end up opening a few dodgy popup sites... Quite a regular occurrence now having to explain to my bird (it's her laptop) why there's Russian bride websites in the browsing history

Try footybite.com
      loads of streams, loads of acestream links.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #42: Nov 21, 2019 04:13:00 pm

I use acestream.

Swab put me on to Acestream and can honestly say it's the best about.

Very rarely have any issues with it, and the bonus is there's no pop ups.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #43: Nov 21, 2019 04:35:19 pm

Trust James Milner to come in for Robertson.  Long term though it is an area we could do with strengthening or hoping Larouchi develops sufficiently to provide longer term backup.

Feel like Salah has been running with minor issues ever since that Madrid final to be honest.  Lack of a summer off isn't helping him either.  It's a potential blow as we approach the busy period of games.  Fingers crossed.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #44: Nov 21, 2019 04:55:12 pm
      Trust James Milner to come in for Robertson.  Long term though it is an area we could do with strengthening or hoping Larouchi develops sufficiently to provide longer term backup.

Feel like Salah has been running with minor issues ever since that Madrid final to be honest.  Lack of a summer off isn't helping him either.  It's a potential blow as we approach the busy period of games.  Fingers crossed.

Would think that is why he’s off now John , much better to get him rested now and up to scratch much better than keep playing him 50/50 and risk a massive breakdown,  we got a nine point buffer , and in the next round of the champions league, no better time to try and get him to 100% than now what with the schedule we have looming ,
      Boys put in the effort and we should still have enough for palace .
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #45: Nov 21, 2019 05:23:03 pm

LFC Globe always good

Quick Reply