Crystal Palace 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19980 times
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Re: Crystal Palace 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Nov 23, 2019 07:34:43 pm
      Didn't see the game but delighted with the 3 points :)
      Nice to see Bobby get the winner.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #300: Nov 23, 2019 07:44:43 pm
      Was mad that - after Palace equalised on what? 82/83 minutes?

I wasn't arsed in the slightest. Obviously shouted the obligatory "F**k off" at the telly after we conceded but I had complete faith in us coming back.

Seen there were 8 minutes or so on the clock & my mind was put at complete ease. Few years ago if we needed a goal with 8 minutes left it would have been panic stations but this team is a different animal

Would have liked Chelsea to have nicked a point at City but can't have any complaints. We've maintained our 9 point cushion & they also now have 1 less game to try and claw it back. Each week & each win makes it that little bit harder for them so just got to keep doing what we're doing. Up the reds! 
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #301: Nov 23, 2019 08:06:41 pm

:nod: :nod: :nod: I am loving this
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #302: Nov 23, 2019 08:41:36 pm
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #303: Nov 23, 2019 08:48:32 pm
      My first visit to Anfield was when Palace beat us 2:1 which was the last time we lost at home. Hate coming up against this lot. I remember that day I was sitting in the new stand looking down on the Palace supporters fuckers never stopped singing and chanting. Didn’t see the game today but our lads just don’t give in. Klopp has instilled a belief in this group just love it. What will we do when or if he decides to leave. Is this the year my friends...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #304: Nov 23, 2019 08:52:37 pm

The poster child for showing that snorting stuff up your nose just leads to you rambling sh*te.

One annoying F***ing tw*t is Merson, still haven't forgotten that c**t laughing at our chances of beating Barca in 2007 while our B team were being beaten by Arsenal.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #305: Nov 23, 2019 09:14:35 pm
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #306: Nov 23, 2019 09:29:34 pm
      One of our biggest problems is if the front three don't score, the midfield won't step up
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #307: Nov 23, 2019 09:45:10 pm
      Tight cramped pitch. Have to compete, work hard and keep battling to get through it, Levels out the skill a little bit.Palace play with a cup tie mentality, we matched them and took the chances. Had to grind it out.

Van Dijk man of the match..what a defender, best in the world.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #308: Nov 23, 2019 11:19:22 pm
      First off Get the F**k innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnn.

Looking at our 5 upcoming League fixtures after the International break, thought this would be the trickiest of the lot and what did we go  but go on and grab another 3 points.

Could have been so much less squeakier if Sadio, Bobby and Dejan put away those chances but 3 points playing ugly is always good. Look out when we finally hit our straps!!!

As for them...How the F**k is it that Zaha, Benteke (even though he wasn't on for long) and that fuckwit Townsend seem to play their best games against us every F***ing time. Zaha hasn't scored all season but scores against us, Christian narrowly misses a scissor kick and that fuckhead Townsend caused us problems all game long. You watch, they will come out and play their normal games next week and get beat 5-0.

F**k 'em all. 8 Points clear again, it really does feel like this could and will be OUR YEAR!!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #309: Nov 24, 2019 12:43:46 am
      First off Get the f**k innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnn.

Looking at our 5 upcoming League fixtures after the International break, thought this would be the trickiest of the lot and what did we go  but go on and grab another 3 points.

Could have been so much less squeakier if Sadio, Bobby and Dejan put away those chances but 3 points playing ugly is always good. Look out when we finally hit our straps!!!

As for them...How the f**k is it that Zaha, Benteke (even though he wasn't on for long) and that fuckwit Townsend seem to play their best games against us every f**king time. Zaha hasn't scored all season but scores against us, Christian narrowly misses a scissor kick and that fuckhead Townsend caused us problems all game long. You watch, they will come out and play their normal games next week and get beat 5-0.

F**k 'em all. 8 Points clear again, it really does feel like this could and will be OUR YEAR!!!

Ha ha I know, that combination between Big Ben, Townsend and Zaha for the goal was actually world class, fair F***ing play but why always against us? Bunch of cu*ts.

End of the day - when you have Firmino and Mane on for 90 mins, you’re getting goals.

F***ing brilliant
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #310: Nov 24, 2019 12:46:52 am
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #311: Nov 24, 2019 06:33:31 am
      That was a tough game to watch, again away on the road we had to grind away to get the three points. I was disappointed not to keep a clean sheet though it was nice to get the first goal and like mention above i think we would of cruised to win of either Firmino or Lovren would of put their chance away in the second half.

Nice to see Firmino to finally score, with Salah in and out of the starting line-up we could use the Brazilian finding his finish because we will need it going forward.

Thought Ox on the wing was poor, really didn't do much for the 70 minutes he was on and Gini had poor game in the middle going missing for long periods of time. Full backs were not at their best with the ball which hurt the attack. On towards UCL with huge game vs Napoli
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #312: Nov 24, 2019 07:11:45 am
      It was not a good match to watch but who gives a sh*te as long as we picked up the 3 points.The lads battled hard for the cause and we can't ask for more than that.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #313: Nov 24, 2019 07:16:21 am
      I thought that we played badly! We lost possession, weren't a threat going forward, tired legs BUT we won so F**k all about my moaning :)

Results are the best medicine to our performance!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #314: Nov 24, 2019 09:07:59 am
      How well did our centre halves play though? Brilliant from the pair of them and fair play to Lovren especially for stepping up with Matip out and Gomez still rusty.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #315: Nov 24, 2019 09:20:57 am
      Was half expecting a disjointed performance after the internationals, not to mention the fact we were facing Palace in their cup final.

Points is all that matters though and I'm the same as many posters in that their late equaliser did not strike the kind of fear into me that it used to.

The way they were panicking for that ball that Bobby Firmino scored from shows that our late goals are starting to have an effect on opposition teams.

There will be more of that sort of thing this season.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #316: Nov 24, 2019 09:57:58 am
      Watched the highlights last night, clear push on Lovren. My mate earlier on said listening on the radio, VAR seemingly got the decision wrong. Perhaps he should get a new radio !
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #317: Nov 24, 2019 10:31:52 am
      As for them...How the f**k is it that Zaha, Benteke (even though he wasn't on for long) and that fuckwit Townsend seem to play their best games against us every f**king time. Zaha hasn't scored all season but scores against us, Christian narrowly misses a scissor kick and that fuckhead Townsend caused us problems all game long. You watch, they will come out and play their normal games next week and get beat 5-0.

Didn't see the match, just the highlights on MOTD, but yeah Zaha said in the interview after that was the best they played all season so far. And it was nowhere near our best.  And we still beat them on their ground, playing their best :)

Am not taking this for granted, what Jürgen at the lads are doing at the moment is unbelievable - just praying they can keep it going...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #318: Nov 24, 2019 10:46:34 am
      Watched the highlights last night, clear push on Lovren. My mate earlier on said listening on the radio, VAR seemingly got the decision wrong. Perhaps he should get a new radio !

More like stop listening to the sh*te pumped out by the commentators or supposed analysts!

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #319: Nov 24, 2019 11:08:10 am
      Tough ground to go and a tough match they gave us, but I never had any doubt in my mind we would pull it off.
      We know that every team who plays us between now and the end of the season will treat it like their cup final and step up, but like a prize fighter we just keep knocking em down.. ;D
      Watching "Open all Hours" shopkeeper Roy Hodgson's face at the end was priceless and listening to that Everton fan crying on Radio Merseyside on the phone in saying that even a when Liverpool play badly they're still better that Everton made my day  :lmao:

UP THE REDS !! :kop5cf8koxp6:
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #320: Nov 24, 2019 06:49:40 pm

Haha Thommo at the end telling him to shut it.

I love the absolute frenzy everyone gets in about us these days, absolutely foaming at the mouth every weekend
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #321: Nov 24, 2019 11:12:56 pm
      Haha Thommo at the end telling him to shut it.

I love the absolute frenzy everyone gets in about us these days, absolutely foaming at the mouth every weekend

Merson once said Thommo was the nicest man in football. My take on that is Thommo may have helped Merson, who as we know has had personel problems.

Does Merson have a case in saying the push on Lovren was irrelevent to the outcome of the cross...Law 12 states a push on an opponent will result in a direct free kick..the ball does not have to be attainable. Under Merson law..players off the ball can push other players at will...in that case the player in possession would be the only one left standing....he's been watching to much American football.

Quick Reply