Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Napoli Weds 27th November 20:00 KO

Read 8423 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Napoli Weds 27th November 20:00 KO
      Reply #23: Nov 25, 2019 05:09:20 pm
      7th in the Serie A...but got a credible 1-1 away to Inter who are 2nd to Juve. Need to play full strength team, but only risk MO if he's really ready for the full 90 +.

Put this one away and we can concentrate on the league.

2-0
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #24: Nov 25, 2019 05:10:39 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

I would rest Salah and Robertson. Would play Fabinho since he's suspended next Saturday and rotate Trent.

IDK, i think he goes with the strongest 11 that he has available, this is a massive match in that it allows us the freedom to wrap everything up early and rest everybody in the match against red bull.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #25: Nov 25, 2019 05:10:51 pm
                   Alisson
      Gomez Lovren VVD Milner
           Hendo/Fab Gini Keita
          Lallana Firmino Mane

Would give the FBs a rest, and Salah - and either Fab or Hendo.
      Need a point, but still should be able to nab that while giving a few players a rest - as well as give some of the other lads a chance in a match that's not some fizzy cup.
      A LOT of games coming so don't think we've any choice but to start getting used to regular changes - as long as the priority stays the PL imho.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #26: Nov 25, 2019 06:18:42 pm
      IDK, i think he goes with the strongest 11 that he has available, this is a massive match in that it allows us the freedom to wrap everything up early and rest everybody in the match against red bull.

I understand your reason and I agree with you but I think that my team is well capable to beat Naples at our home.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #27: Nov 26, 2019 12:38:51 am
      They stuffed us in pre-season and have beaten us this season so hopefully strongest team, get the win this time and give ourselves a bit of freedom in the final game.

Not to mention it would be nice to progress before a final week drama for a change.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #28: Nov 26, 2019 09:46:06 am
      We've found Napoli VERY difficult to overcome  the past 2 seasons, so talk of resting players for this is a bit of a joke!

Makes more sense to rest a couple of players home to Brighton, which is in theory, an easier game.

We should, & I'm sure will, go full strength.   If we go a couple up, maybe rest a couple in the last 20 mins.  Get the win, ensure topping the group, then we can rest as many as we like away to Salzburg.

This will be a testing match again.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #29: Nov 26, 2019 09:48:38 am
      Alisson

Alexander Arnold
      Lovren
      Van Dijk
      Robertson

Fabinho
      Oxlade
      Keita

Mane
      Firmino
      Origi
      Outside of the Carabao & maybe FA cup, there's no chance of both Ox & Keita starting at the same time.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #30: Nov 26, 2019 09:49:44 am
      Strongest team please.
      Salah & Robertson to start, then take them off 2nd half.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #31: Nov 26, 2019 09:54:22 am
      Strong side, hopefully an early goal to put Napoli on the backfoot straight away. Make sure of all 3 points, to qualify for the knockout stages of the competition.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32: Nov 26, 2019 10:25:24 am
                   Alisson
      Gomez Lovren VVD Milner
           Hendo/Fab Gini Keita
          Lallana Firmino Mane

Would give the FBs a rest, and Salah - and either Fab or Hendo.
      Need a point, but still should be able to nab that while giving a few players a rest - as well as give some of the other lads a chance in a match that's not some fizzy cup.
      A LOT of games coming so don't think we've any choice but to start getting used to regular changes - as long as the priority stays the PL imho.

Lallana, wtf?? You're gonna have to explain that one to me, why would you play someone with notoriously horrible finishing as a forward? Despite Ox being a bit average on Saturday I'd always rather play him than Lallana as a forward, or how about Origi, our actual forward!
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #33: Nov 26, 2019 10:50:37 am
      Hoping this is the game where we really kick into gear and give this lot a spanking. We owe them one and think they may well get it.

4-1
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34: Nov 26, 2019 12:20:50 pm
      Although napoli seem to be in a bit of turmoil they still have an excellent coach and very good team. Promises to be very tight
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2019 06:05:46 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35: Nov 26, 2019 01:48:16 pm
      Hoping this is the game where we really kick into gear and give this lot a spanking. We owe them one and think they may well get it.

4-1

I have a feeling we will as well, I thought we were better than them in the first leg and should have won despite playing quite poorly and we are playing much better now, whereas they seem to be in a mini slump.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36: Nov 26, 2019 02:01:59 pm
      Fact is, they have been a very difficult team for us in the past couple of seasons, two losses in group stage, a pre-season hiding and an important but narrow victory last year to advance. They will feel confident of their chances against us. I agree with Klopp that the off-field drama they are experiencing won't impact them on the park tomorrow.

But it should be a proper European night at Anfield and a chance to write another chapter in a wonderful legacy for this competition.

Let's do this.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #37: Nov 26, 2019 04:58:09 pm
      Lallana, wtf?? You're gonna have to explain that one to me, why would you play someone with notoriously horrible finishing as a forward? Despite Ox being a bit average on Saturday I'd always rather play him than Lallana as a forward, or how about Origi, our actual forward!

Not saying Jürgen will start him, and he likely won't as he's had fewer starts than AOC. Was more making the point to rest Salah - so yeah, could slot AOC or Origi in instead of him.
      Lallana's form has been up and down over the years [when fit] but think in the games I've seen him so far this season he's done well imo, so I'd be interested to see him get a run. And got an important goal in the PL against Utd.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #38: Nov 26, 2019 09:19:48 pm
      I’m expecting some rotation in the middle of the park but aside from that it’ll be our strongest team I should think. I think we’ll go:

Trent.        Lovren.      VVD.    Robbo

Fabinho
                 Ox.                    Milner

Salah.           Firmino.         Mane
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #39: Nov 26, 2019 09:28:45 pm
      We've found Napoli VERY difficult to overcome  the past 2 seasons, so talk of resting players for this is a bit of a joke!

Makes more sense to rest a couple of players home to Brighton, which is in theory, an easier game.

We should, & I'm sure will, go full strength.   If we go a couple up, maybe rest a couple in the last 20 mins.  Get the win, ensure topping the group, then we can rest as many as we like away to Salzburg.

This will be a testing match again.
      We need to win this, if not, harder games will follow,which we do not need

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #40: Nov 26, 2019 10:58:11 pm
      Lets get this sorted. Don't want to have to go to Salzburg needing a Win to go through on the final Match Day.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #41: Nov 27, 2019 02:37:27 am
      Long day of travelling ahead of me.

Setting off in 2 hours for this one. Can't wait. Slept sh*te the last few nights so hopefully catch a few more hours on the bus/boat as I'm knackered.

Really looking forward to this one and with Napoli on a bad run of form I really hope we can add to it by spanking them, we owe them one from our only defeat in 90 minutes this season.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #42: Nov 27, 2019 07:05:59 am

Setting off in 2 hours for this one. Can't wait. Slept sh*te the last few nights so hopefully catch a few more hours on the bus/boat as I'm knackered.

Really looking forward to this one and with Napoli on a bad run of form I really hope we can add to it by spanking them, we owe them one from our only defeat in 90 minutes this season.

Enjoy the match higgy  and even better enjoy seeing the REDS win and qualify for  the knockout stages.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #43: Nov 27, 2019 07:44:25 am
      Very clear from Klopp's pre match that he's going with a full strength team and rightly so.

Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #44: Nov 27, 2019 07:48:25 am

Enjoy the game mate,don’t worry though cos we’ll do these tonight and qualify for the knockouts with a game to spare,job done.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #45: Nov 27, 2019 08:53:16 am
      Enjoy the game mate,don’t worry though cos we’ll do these tonight and qualify for the knockouts with a game to spare,job done.

Cheers pal.

Quick Reply