Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson
      1 (1.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      76 (89.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (4.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (2.4%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
       Adrián
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: Dec 04, 2019 04:51:48 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22691 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Dec 02, 2019 11:42:13 pm
      With regards to Allison coming out too far I can fully understand why he handled the ball because it looks as though the ball was going in. Had the goal not been subsequently scored at the free kick I think that we might have happily (or less grumpily) taken the red card to maintain a 2 goal lead.

Without watching it back, I can't remember if he could have just used his head? From what I remember, the ball wasn't exactly at a great height. But I could be wrong, like I said, I would have to watch it back and that's not really something I'm keen to do.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #369: Dec 03, 2019 11:42:43 am
      Was at the match at the front the of the Kop, so didn't see much close-up action as most of it took place at the other end! 

It did feel almost like it was a training session though.  Not a lot of intensity; don't know if there was an element of fatigue there.

We let them knock the ball around all game & they looked better technically for a fair bit of the match.  Brighton shouldn't be coming to Anfield and dominating possession, even if we're down to 10 men for 15 mins.

Al & Fab will be losses for the derby and if we play like that again, we could drop points!

Big, big month ahead now.  COYR!!!

Quick Reply