Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Ballon D'Or

Read 16489 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Ballon D'Or 2019
      Reply #23: Dec 02, 2019 11:07:58 pm
      Why did you have to post a picture of that sh*t!!!  :roll: :-\

Anyways putting a sh*t load on Ronaldo to win it next year as they will want to even it up between the 2 of them!!! Corrupt cu*ts!!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #24: Dec 02, 2019 11:11:02 pm
      Why did you have to post a picture of that sh*t!!!  :roll: :-\

Anyways putting a sh*t load on Ronaldo to win it next year as they will want to even it up between the 2 of them!!! Corrupt Cu*ts!!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry - but it’s the GOAT himself Baresi saying that VVD deserves it
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Dec 02, 2019 11:36:21 pm
      The best player for the last 11 seasons has been the little man. Jesus Christ it is so obvious!

Except he hasn't been. Just because he's arguably the best ever, doesn't automatically mean he's the best player every season for the last 11 years.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #26: Dec 03, 2019 12:13:40 am
      Biggest joke for me was ronaldo getting third.absolutely laughable
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #27: Dec 03, 2019 05:53:18 am
      Except he hasn't been. Just because he's arguably the best ever, doesn't automatically mean he's the best player every season for the last 11 years.

Exactly what I have been arguing. Virgil won the F***ing CL last season while in the second leg Messi showed exactly how good he is...What did Messi archive exactly other than the league title and scoring a bunch of goals? Both things are laughable since the Spanish league is a joke anyway. They probably still give him the Ballon D'Or long after he quit playing  :roll:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #28: Dec 03, 2019 06:59:20 am
      Biggest joke for me was ronaldo getting third.absolutely laughable

He should have got a TURD,he's full of sh*t anyway.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #29: Dec 03, 2019 07:14:49 am
      The best player for the last 11 seasons has been the little man. Jesus Christ it is so obvious!

But better than VVD over the past year, don't F***ing think so!
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #30: Dec 03, 2019 12:29:25 pm
      Load of old bollocks, biased and corrupt voting just to massage messi's  ego, and not upset the la liga lovers.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31: Dec 03, 2019 01:37:49 pm
      Sorry - but it’s the GOAT himself Baresi saying that VVD deserves it

Who are we to argue with the master Baresi.  What other league can the best team in the world go away to Newcastle and draw. This league is brutal especially for Forwards so for me the biggest influence a player has had on a team in the toughest league in the world is Virgil by a country mile.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32: Dec 03, 2019 02:55:38 pm
      He won the league and scored over 50 goals with another 20 plus assists. Crazy numbers.

We'd win La Liga if we were in it, scoring more goals as well, lets see how he would do on a cold winters day/night at Stoke. La Liga is crap compared to the Prem, basically just 4 good teams and the rest are complete sh*te, its much more competitive in the Prem.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #33: Dec 03, 2019 03:08:17 pm
      Quote from PGlynn91
      He won the league and scored over 50 goals with another 20 plus assists. Crazy numbers.

Usually the winner comes from the European Champions in a year without the WC/EC. How many times did Ronaldo win it off the back of winning the European Cup? That's what VVD has done.

What did the convicted tax fraudster win this year? La Liga again. Well done him. Failed to win the Spanish Cup again, failed to win the European Cup again, failed to win the Copa America again. Failed to deliver the serious tin on 3 occasions, and got himself dismissed in the CA as a send off. That's apparently worthy of winning the Golden Ball these days.

This trophy is supposed to be for the best player over the last 12 months. If you want to give it every year to the best player over the past 5-10 years, that's a different discussion.
      « Last Edit: Dec 03, 2019 03:15:47 pm by lfc across the water »
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #34: Dec 03, 2019 03:23:53 pm
      We'd win La Liga if we were in it, scoring more goals as well, lets see how he would do on a cold winters day/night at Stoke. La Liga is crap compared to the Prem, basically just 4 good teams and the rest are complete sh*te, its much more competitive in the Prem.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Haven't heard that one in about 6 years!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #35: Dec 03, 2019 04:27:52 pm
      https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world/ballon-dor-2019-result-voting-in-full-votes-lionel-messi-virgil-van-dijk-award-a9230886.html

Check this out, in the link the word 'bizarre' is used in relation to the voting system, in actual fact Van Dijk got most votes in the important, most relevant votes section, Messi won by getting a handful of nominations from the more obscure footballing nations.  Bizarre indeed and perfectly explains why he and Ronaldo win the award which nobody is interested in every year.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #36: Dec 03, 2019 04:46:28 pm
      Like the Eurovision Song Contest corrupt as F**k
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #37: Dec 03, 2019 06:14:02 pm

He'd probably score about 6.

Doesn't it get cold in Argentina?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #38: Dec 03, 2019 07:06:16 pm
      https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world/ballon-dor-2019-result-voting-in-full-votes-lionel-messi-virgil-van-dijk-award-a9230886.html

Check this out, in the link the word 'bizarre' is used in relation to the voting system, in actual fact Van Dijk got most votes in the important, most relevant votes section, Messi won by getting a handful of nominations from the more obscure footballing nations.  Bizarre indeed and perfectly explains why he and Ronaldo win the award which nobody is interested in every year.

Keeps the multinational pimps Nike and Adidas happy.

Only pubescent school boys get excited over the Ronaldo/Messi debate anyhow. If you spend half your time arguing on social media over who's the 'GOAT' between Messi and Ronaldo or why one isn't on the cover of FIFA and the other is (while running fan accounts and such) then you're nothing but a degenerate with no outlook on life. F***ing saddos.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #39: Dec 03, 2019 09:03:23 pm
      Messi was 5th last season. Why is he now 1st?
      I know he's the GOAT but that doesn't mean he should just get the award every season.
      If Modric deserved to win last year you can be sure van Dijk deserved it this year.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #40: Dec 03, 2019 11:08:44 pm
      Must state in the rules you have to be a attacking player of sorts given all the players that have won it. :f_doh:  I genuinely thought pound for pound their respective positions VVD was heads above anyone else. He was even odds on to win it, the mind boggles sometimes
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #41: Dec 04, 2019 06:50:33 pm
      Must state in the rules you have to be a attacking player of sorts given all the players that have won it. :f_doh:  I genuinely thought pound for pound their respective positions VVD was heads above anyone else. He was even odds on to win it, the mind boggles sometimes

With UEFA nothing surprises you
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42: Dec 05, 2019 10:43:47 pm
      But better than VVD over the past year, don't f**king think so!

Exfuckingactly....Messi may be the best player but VVD had the better season and that's what I was under the assumption, the Award was for!!!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #43: Dec 10, 2019 01:23:18 pm
      Messi was 5th last season. Why is he now 1st?
      I know he's the GOAT but that doesn't mean he should just get the award every season.
      If Modric deserved to win last year you can be sure van Dijk deserved it this year.

He didn't.

I understand Van Dijk had an incredible season but so did Messi. He was also top scorer in the UCL and he did score two in the first leg against us. You can't say it all comes down to one game at Anfield when all of the Barca team froze!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #44: Dec 10, 2019 02:52:17 pm
      He didn't.

I understand Van Dijk had an incredible season but so did Messi. He was also top scorer in the UCL and he did score two in the first leg against us. You can't say it all comes down to one game at Anfield when all of the Barca team froze!

My point still stands.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #45: Dec 10, 2019 04:10:23 pm
      He didn't.

You say it can’t come down to one game but seem okay with it coming down to number of goals scored. I Whilst Messi scores an incredible amount of goals, it’s an unfair argument IMO because Virgil is never going to score many, just like Messi would never make as many tackles and get as many clean sheets as Virgil.

I thought it was an award based on the performance of players over the course of a year, not a goal scoring award. Its essentially a glorified golden boot award if its based on Messi scoring an insane amount of goals. Put him in Virgil’s position and see how well he does because for all the glamour of Messi being top scorer last season, I believe we kept the most clean sheets with Virgil at the heart of it.

Quick Reply