Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Napoli?

Alisson
      1 (1.7%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      38 (64.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (6.8%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (6.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (3.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      4 (6.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (5.1%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Dec 01, 2019 09:54:47 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Napoli: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20521 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Napoli: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Nov 28, 2019 12:05:58 pm
      Not read any of the posts above ,didn't want to cloud my opinion of last night's hiccup, needless to say though i thought JĆ¼rgen got it all wrong by playing Hendo & Milner that lacked creactivity,
      We were slow & lethargic and at times looked as though Hodgeson had ghosted in to use his tactics, I kept checking my watch and the calander just to see if we had gone back in time,

Thought that ref was a bit of a kunt and very obviously a Barca fan looking for some sort of revenge,  but not using that as a excuse for our sh*t 1st half performance,

Slightly better 2nd half  after a Klopp blitzkrieg @ HT, and deservedly so, however as usual we always make it hard for ourselves don't we ?
      Instead of a easy trip to Austria, a bit of sight seeing and giving a few kids CL experience, we have to go there all guns blazing to ensure qualification and finish atop of our group,  still, it wouldn'tbe the same without the cardiac arresting experience would it ?

Bad day at the office,  We Go Again!!

YNWA

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #323: Nov 28, 2019 12:22:17 pm
      Gomez biggest crime is that he isn't trent. The criticism aimed at him particularly after last night is pretty blinkered. It is very difficult for anyone to provide as much as a fullback like trent does.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #324: Nov 28, 2019 12:45:21 pm
      Cant be arsed reading all the negative comments, I can imagine what they are. very predictable.

We had an off night, thats it. Still in our hands to top the group. All good.

Only negative for me is injury to Fab, but I suspect its just a knock and he misses next game anyway through suspension.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #325: Nov 28, 2019 01:24:45 pm
      We were just extremely poor, especially 1st half and they defended very well.

It's our own fault.  If there's a hard way to do things we usually find it!!

On to saltzburg..
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #326: Nov 28, 2019 01:41:41 pm
      If there's a hard way to do things we usually find it!!

...which should prepare us for Salzburg. I see a nailbiter there.

I hope, if Fab is out longer, JĆ¼rgen turns more to Ox, Keita and Lallana. I feel they could improve this team if given more and regular playing time but they are stuck behind the "usual suspects".
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #327: Nov 28, 2019 02:31:05 pm
      Little worried now we could end up going out of the CL, Red Bull score for fun in home games too
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #328: Nov 28, 2019 02:47:49 pm
      Little worried now we could end up going out of the CL, Red Bull score for fun in home games too

Which could mean that they leave themselves even more open to our attacks, but we'd need Salah and Bobby to find some kind of form again, or we play a different formation, looking to hit them on the break and just having Mane and Origi up top and having an extra midfielder.

Knowing JĆ¼rgen though it will be the same predictable lineup and style of play with Hendo and Milner in the middle offering f**k all in attack or link up play whilst letting their players storm through the middle. I wouldn't even be surprised to see him start Gomez against them.

I lost count of the amount of times yesterday when Hendo had the ball in good positions and we just needed him to take a man on or play a cute forward pass to the attackers, yet he went safety first to the sides or back time after time, its infuriating!

The only person who doesn't seem to understand the need for at least one attacking midfielder is Herr Klopp.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #329: Nov 28, 2019 03:15:04 pm
      Well you finally pushed me over the edge to Ignore you. I'm sure you won't care because I think you post mainly to get a reaction.

We've played 22 matches, winning 18 (including 2 shootouts) losing two (including one shootout) and drawing two.

We're leading the league by 8 points with a record point total through 13 matches.

We're leading our group in the Champions League with one match to go.

We are alive in one Cup competition and won the SuperCup, but we did lose the Charity Shield on penalties.

And tonight we drew a match.   

But you just spray your miserable over-reaction in every direction, maligning some of our best players and the manager who has restored us to our rightful place as a leading club.

I just can no longer abide your meltdowns and passive-aggressive negativity in between the meltdowns. Try to enjoy the rest of a wonderful season more than you apparently did us winning the Champions League last season.

Joined the forum in 2008 and soft lad was the first bullshitter I blanked soon after, seen no reason to change the situation.

Only ever blanked two bullshitters and both still post the same crap to this day judging from replies to others which I canā€™t avoid catching sight of.

On topic and we really do ourselves no favours in this competition.
      « Last Edit: Nov 28, 2019 03:24:18 pm by stuey »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #330: Nov 28, 2019 04:10:14 pm
      We play badly, it's still in our own hands and if we do not qualify it's because of our own fault but I think we are ok.

Lovren is improving but Milner and Henderson together :O
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #331: Nov 28, 2019 05:18:02 pm
      Joined the forum in 2008 and soft lad was the first bullshitter I blanked soon after, seen no reason to change the situation.

Only ever blanked two bullshitters and both still post the same crap to this day judging from replies to others which I canā€™t avoid catching sight of.

On topic and we really do ourselves no favours in this competition.

and yet you feel compelled to tell everyone this story, again and again and again. Obsessed doesn't even begin to describe you!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,099 posts | 1638 
      Reply #332: Nov 28, 2019 05:23:48 pm
      OK but rest players against Brighton maybe, not this game, Klopp fu**ed up tonight, he has to stop playing Gomez at RB unless it's seeing out a game and he has to have at least one creative midfielder in the side.
      If we carry on like this these last gasp wins will very quickly turn into draws or losses.
      I think we'll draw against Salzburg but with a more positive attitude from JĆ¼rgen we would have won the group tonight, I'm beyond pissed off with the manager tonight and I don't have a clue who to make man of the match.

Our normal  midfield is Hendo , Fab and Gini and none of them are particularly creative so that arguement falls down . In fact I would guess Milner may have more goals and assists than all of them
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #333: Nov 28, 2019 06:51:59 pm
      Napoli came not to get beaten, we weren't great, we definitely look a different team without Fab, but we should have enough about us to get the job done in Austria.

Ref was an absolute tw*t - at half time I joked about him being bribed, that's how dodgy I thought that c**t was last night.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #334: Nov 28, 2019 06:55:37 pm
      OK but rest players against Brighton maybe, not this game, Klopp fu**ed up tonight, he has to stop playing Gomez at RB unless it's seeing out a game and he has to have at least one creative midfielder in the side.
      If we carry on like this these last gasp wins will very quickly turn into draws or losses.
      I think we'll draw against Salzburg but with a more positive attitude from JĆ¼rgen we would have won the group tonight, I'm beyond pissed off with the manager tonight and I don't have a clue who to make man of the match.

Why would you rest players against Brighton? Not shitting yourself about the blueshite are you?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #335: Nov 28, 2019 06:58:57 pm
      So are current level is if we get a draw, it's panic stations. Honestly some need to calm themselves and chill!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #336: Nov 28, 2019 07:03:26 pm
      Cant be arsed reading all the negative comments, I can imagine what they are. very predictable.

We had an off night, thats it. Still in our hands to top the group. All good.

Only negative for me is injury to Fab, but I suspect its just a knock and he misses next game anyway through suspension.

Exactly.
      We played a very good team whose coach is good at countering Klopp.

It happens.
      Get over it and move on.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #337: Nov 28, 2019 07:18:37 pm
      No one mentioning the stonewall penalty on Salah then? Some of the reactions in here given the broader context is embarrassing.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #338: Nov 28, 2019 08:00:21 pm
      just a frustrating night and a reminder these lads aren't Robots and given our record they are entitled to one now and again. Even the crowd had an off night very quiet at times. Going to Saltzburg is exactly the type of game we enjoy the bigger the pressure the better our performance.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #339: Nov 28, 2019 08:18:43 pm
      Can't believe some of you giving Joe a hard time, are you all members of the Raheem Sterling appreciation society or something?

Ffs get off the lads back, he's a defender first and foremost and he was chosen by JĆ¼rgen to do a job last night, He Is Not Trent Alexander, Trent Alexander is more of a attacking wing back who can defend when required but more often than not he's on the front foot rather than defending, 
      Joe Gomez is a young lad still learning his trade, but unlike Trent he hasn't featured as much either through injury or maybe his gaffer prefers a attacking style of play rather than a defensive one, not too long ago we were all wanking ourselves over his CB pairing with Virgil,  what has changed?
      He had a difficult time being injured and obviously lost his spot, also Matip has pulled up some trees masking it particularly difficult for JĆ¼rgen to change things at the back,

So get off the lads back ,he doesn't need to hear bullshit comments just because he's NOT TAA.

RANT Over ,

Merry f***in Xmas!!

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #340: Nov 28, 2019 09:22:23 pm
      Our normal  midfield is Hendo , Fab and Gini and none of them are particularly creative so that arguement falls down . In fact I would guess Milner may have more goals and assists than all of them

Yes my argument is that we should have more firepower in our midfield at all times, our midfield is often to passive.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #341: Nov 28, 2019 10:29:21 pm
      Yes my argument is that we should have more firepower in our midfield at all times, our midfield is often to passive.

I would also like to see a bit more creativity in there, particularly recently BUT your sweeping statements donā€™t carry much weight against the backdrop of our performances over the past 18 months. Did we win a European Cup and rack up 97 points despite our midfield? You realise they do actually deserve a ton of credit right?

The furore, hysteria and over reaction to a draw from our fan base is embarrassing. It seems the better we have become the less tolerant we have become to a simple draw let alone a loss.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #342: Nov 28, 2019 10:39:33 pm
      I would also like to see a bit more creativity in there, particularly recently BUT your sweeping statements donā€™t carry much weight against the backdrop of our performances over the past 18 months. Did we win a European Cup and rack up 97 points despite our midfield? You realise they do actually deserve a ton of credit right?

The furore, hysteria and over reaction to a draw from our fan base is embarrassing. It seems the better we have become the less tolerant we have become to a simple draw let alone a loss.

It's more a case of being annoyed at the team selection, particularly yesterday. I've been saying for a few weeks that we are not playing that well. Yes I'm delighted with our fighting attitude but sooner rather than later we'll start drawing matches unless we can add more creativity in midfield, especially as a couple of our forwards are off colour at the moment.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #343: Nov 28, 2019 10:55:37 pm
      It's more a case of being annoyed at the team selection, particularly yesterday. I've been saying for a few weeks that we are not playing that well. Yes I'm delighted with our fighting attitude but sooner rather than later we'll start drawing matches unless we can add more creativity in midfield, especially as a couple of our forwards are off colour at the moment.

But despite your assertion that ā€œKlopp has to have at least one creative midfielder in the teamā€ he has somehow managed to steer us to big ears number 6, a 97 point season and an unbeaten start to this one with an 8 point gap to boot. And this is without featuring one of the creative midfielders you are alluding too? How the hell has JĆ¼rgen managed it? You massively underplay the contributions of Henderson, Gino, Fab and Milner. As for the ā€œKlopp fu**ed tonightā€ comment what a ridiculous thing to say. We drew against a top side who defended superbly and featuring a defender who is playing as well as VVD. Still top of the group, destiny in our own hands. Regardless of what happens in the next game most would have taken needing a point vs an Austrian team in the last game if it was offered. What a f**k up from the manager eh! He made some comments after the game yesterday about us not now being able to have ā€œa big holiday gameā€ where everybody can take a rest and then pointed out that football is not like this. football isnā€™t like that. Sometimes you draw games.
      « Last Edit: Nov 29, 2019 10:11:01 am by Scottbot »
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #344: Nov 28, 2019 11:08:27 pm
      We are pacing ourselves beautifully. Of course losing Fab for however long is a bit of a blow but we have Keita, Ox, Lallana and Gini on the bench in the Napoli game. All experienced now in our setup. We lost Alisson straight off the bat and went on our best start to a season. We  have 3 great forwards whom are playing a lot of games but playing in a lower gear in a lot of them. We are well setup for the middle third of the season and then bring it home.

Quick Reply